URL: https://www.islamicity.org/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=3098
Printed Date: 28 March 2024 at 3:10pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: A Suggestion to Enhance this forum
Posted By: DeExupery
Subject: A Suggestion to Enhance this forum
Date Posted: 25 November 2005 at 2:30am

Dear Moderators,

Here we have stories about disbelievers who embraced Islam and how they found their peace in Islam.

I believe it's a good idea to have also stories about believers of Islam who turned apostates and their consideration and way to leave Islam.

By those comparative stories, I believe we all can have benefit.

Fox

P.S. But I need to make sure that the apostates will not get killed, because in the forum about Daawah, I asked a question about apostasy and in conclusion it is mentioned that apostates should be punished by death penalty, especially in Islamic Country.

-------------
Io Sogno L'anime, Che Sono Sempre Libere (Il Divo)

Replies:
Posted By: firewall
Date Posted: 25 November 2005 at 7:36am
that's a horrible idea. this is IslamiCity, not ApostatesCity.
IslamiCity is a place for Islam, muslims & those interested in Islam.

Posted By: freebird
Date Posted: 25 November 2005 at 1:28pm
Originally posted by DeExupery DeExupery wrote:

I believe it's a good idea to have also stories about believers of Islam who turned apostates and their consideration and way to leave Islam.

By those comparative stories, I believe we all can have benefit.

Fox

The atheist sites are good place to do it, I was there for sometimes and they were mostly christian bashing - occasionally muslim bashing. Nothing is spared, the holy books the Prophets and the God himself, they are all targeted and not spared. Do you want this here?

Originally posted by DeExupery DeExupery wrote:

P.S. But I need to make sure that the apostates will not get killed, because in the forum about Daawah, I asked a question about apostasy and in conclusion it is mentioned that apostates should be punished by death penalty, especially in Islamic Country.

Oh no ohhh no, you must be cut into pieces as commanded in the koran, as the koran is the book of "how to" all the killings - plus "how to" terror. I advised you to PM me your home address immidietly to minimized the time waste in locating you.

Thank you for your cooperation in surrendering your head. We appreciate it and God mercy is on you - only if you believe it. 

Signed by the trainee of "how to" s. 

Posted By: Angel
Date Posted: 25 November 2005 at 2:56pm

I didn't think the suggestion would go down well

Firewall, so you don't care about those who leave islam, you don't care how they feel, why they left? Epecially why they left? I mean at least you would know why and then you can talk about it and discuss it and who knows maybe they'll return.

Freebird, is that the attitude you have? No wonder people can't talk about their situation! and why would they?? You can laugh it off and be sacrastic about it, but it doesn't change that fact that the death penalty is there - after 3 days - and those that leave tend to be head hunted. It is very serious thing but yeah laugh it off!

And anyway, in a way its not a bad idea to have a spot for it to talk about, I know I have brought many things across. The thing is its a part of islam and there is stuff to know or are you happy to go ignorant about apostacy.

What do you know about the subject?

Do you talk to apostates ? 

What do you know about people who lose their faith?

what do you know what they go through?

DeExupery, you are somewhat wasting your time about the issue, this is a pro islam site, for islam and muslims to come together and for both sides non muslims and muslims to learn, well not many apostates tend not to be welcomed here.

There has only been one person that I know who did have respect here but then again they never bashed islam or put it down.

If you do a search for apostacy here and at the old forum, the link is up top of page, you will get somethings.

-------------
~ Our feet are earthbound, but our hearts and our minds have wings ~

Date Posted: 25 November 2005 at 3:54pm
hi angel,

i've read an apostates website & it's mostly their ignorance of Islam that drives them to apostacy. not islam at all. thus i don't trust their judgement of islam, & i honestly do no want their ignorance of Islam be spreaded in this website. to me, this place is for muslims who want to learn the truth about islam, not false statements.

if you want to know why such & such, you go to their website.
but i must remind u, their accusations are not much truth.
if the apostates want to learn Islam, they come here. if they wanna smear it, this is not the place.

Date Posted: 25 November 2005 at 6:34pm

And you think by going to "an" website, you know all??

Saying that they are ignorant, is the classic answer, and the only one you will accept, because any other explanation will see that islam is not all perfect. And for believers it must be perfect, so you will not accept their reason why they leave islam. Even the honest ones you still do not accept.

I asked some questions, have you talked to apostates and discuss why they have left islam, have you and not read some website.

-------------

Date Posted: 25 November 2005 at 9:08pm
salam & bismillahi rahmani raheem,

so if they bought disbelieve after believe, that's really their choice. but just bcoz one doesn't find perfection in Islam, doesn't mean others don't. many other muslims found that perfection. when one does, it's an incredible understanding of life & death, the purpose of living that i just don't see how one can go back to disbelieve. yes, ur right i can't fathom why ppl go back to disbelieve. bcoz Islam is too beautiful to let go.

i've seen a video of an apostate talking about why she left islam. that's her view. i don't know what to feel, sad she left islam or angry that she accused us based on her ignorance (she's talking on stage, with cheers, obviously from non-believers). then there's an apostate who even put up a community. as i said. i can't fathom why they're like that, Islam is too perfect for me to leave it. but their fate is with Allah, mine too. my view of them is as the views stated in the Quran.

they can have their choice, but pls respect that if ur with mulims, we don't find true in what they say. so i'm just asking, this is not the place to state false, unIslamic statements. this is Islamicity. muslims want to learn more about Islam, not more abour disbelieve.

Date Posted: 27 November 2005 at 7:17pm

Originally posted by firewall firewall wrote:

i can't fathom why they're like that, Islam is too perfect for me to leave it. but their fate is with Allah, mine too.

You can't fathom why they are like that, leave islam ??, well have you ever tried to understand from their point of view, why they leave, instead of oh I don't want their ignorance nor smear islam ??

Yes, islam is perfect for you not to leave (and no one is asking you to leave) but it was not perfect for them, and for alot it was perfect to them. But you guys insist on not letting them to share their journey and story how they left islam and why! This is ignorance on your part you do not want to know them really, and for the fear of them discrediting islam, the perfect religion you think is perfect. And you know what there is nothing really wrong with that but to stop them with their voice and only have the believers speak of what is really islam, that is wrong. Everyone is allowed to speak of their beliefs and journeys and stories, just like you!

Technically they are non muslims, like me really and I myself have spoken on things I odn't like about islam or I see as wrong with islam and yet I am allowed to speak it and have my voice heard But you don't want that kind of non muslims, the ones who leave islam to be here ?? well that does speak something don't you think. Allow one type of non muslims, but not another ?? You also allow of other faiths here and what they have afterall there is the forum of "Interfaith" where you can go. But you don't want the faiths of those who leave islam?? That too speaks something don't you think.

If islam is so perfect and the only true path, then why is not the whole world following it ? There are many more parts of the world that knows islam and not just thru ignorance.

But yes, this is a place for muslims and for non muslims to come to interact with muslims and learn from each other, except for one group - apostates of islam!

There has been only one who broke that mould but not any other, how sad.

-------------

Posted By: MOCKBA
Date Posted: 27 November 2005 at 10:20pm

Bismillah

If someone has left Islam, it is simply because he/ she has never embraced it in the first place...

Numerous stories available on the Internet only confirm that apostates have never actually understood Islam... despite mistakenly considering themselves "born Muslims"...

There are certain limits that should be observed in discussion forums simply because certain subjects despite being interesting and enlightening to few may have incorrect and insulting statements. We had plenty of so-called "modern" and "progressive" Muslim visitors preaching all kinds of rubbish claiming it to be the true Islamic teachings, confusing people and planting unecessary doubt in the hearts of those who are sincerely seeking to discover Islam.

Such discussion may be useful but in its own right place and time. I personally do not think that entertaining apostates is very much in line with main objectives of this discussion forum. 

If all human beings are aware of the horror of wars why are there still battles going on, why are weapons being continuously developed and sold? Most people are astray... and Quran confirms it. Why should we, therefore, think that it is majority that should be followed? 

-------------
MOCKBA

Posted By: DeExupery
Date Posted: 28 November 2005 at 12:23am

Dear All,

Don't you think that we need to be kind to them. They must be a thinker. And I just know one thing, leaving a religion for a firm believer is harder than anything. Like losing an identity, become a nobody, a stranger.

And yet, there are people who choose to apostate. Why? Why they defied the risk of being a stranger, being killed, just because they stop believing.

Don't you think there are some elements of newfound light that make them acted the way they are? May be by listening to them and try to understand their way of thinking, we can benefit from their view.

Fox

-------------
Io Sogno L'anime, Che Sono Sempre Libere (Il Divo)

Posted By: rami
Date Posted: 28 November 2005 at 4:21am
Bi ismillahir rahmanir raheem

assalamu alaikum

the forum will not go ahead, this is an Islamic forum for the benefit of muslims all else is secondary. We will not entertain apostates at the expence of muslims, meaning we will not invite those who ridecule our religion here and give them free reign to spread there disbelief in the name of guidance.

-------------
Rasul Allah (sallah llahu alaihi wa sallam) said: "Whoever knows himself, knows his Lord" and whoever knows his Lord has been given His gnosis and nearness.

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2019 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net