Print Page | Close Window

here's a unique idea

Printed From: IslamiCity.org
Category: Religion - Islam
Forum Name: Interfaith Dialogue
Forum Description: It is for Interfaith dialogue, where Muslims discuss with non-Muslims. We encourge that dialogue takes place in a cordial atmosphere on various topics including religious tolerance.
URL: https://www.islamicity.org/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=30923
Printed Date: 28 March 2024 at 4:21pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: here's a unique idea
Posted By: Caringheart
Subject: here's a unique idea
Date Posted: 20 August 2014 at 3:16pm
I have a solution to conflict...

get rid of the notions of 'dhimmi' status,
and of 'chosen ones'

Pretty simple...
treat all people as equals. Smile

asalaam.

-------------
Let us seek Truth together
Blessed be God forever
"I believe in Jesus as I believe in the sun... not because I see it, but because by it, I see everything else.: - C.S.Lewis

Replies:
Posted By: islamispeace
Date Posted: 20 August 2014 at 3:58pm
Originally posted by Caringheart Caringheart wrote:

and of 'chosen ones'

Pretty simple...

asalaam.

You should tell that to the Jesus of the Bible:

"A Canaanite woman from that vicinity came to him, crying out, �Lord, Son of David, have mercy on me! My daughter is demon-possessed and suffering terribly.�

23 Jesus did not answer a word. So his disciples came to him and urged him, �Send her away, for she keeps crying out after us.�

24 He answered, �I was sent only to the lost sheep of Israel.�

25 The woman came and knelt before him. �Lord, help me!� she said.

26 He replied, �It is not right to take the children�s bread and toss it to the dogs.�

27 �Yes it is, Lord,� she said. �Even the dogs eat the crumbs that fall from their master�s table.�

28 Then Jesus said to her, �Woman, you have great faith! Your request is granted.� And her daughter was healed at that moment." (Matthew 15:22-28)

LOL

-------------
Say: "Truly, my prayer and my service of sacrifice, my life and my death, are (all) for Allah, the Cherisher of the Worlds. (Surat al-Anaam: 162)

Date Posted: 20 August 2014 at 4:24pm
�Woman, you have great faith! Your request is granted.� And her daughter was healed at that moment." Smile

-------------
Blessed be God forever
"I believe in Jesus as I believe in the sun... not because I see it, but because by it, I see everything else.: - C.S.Lewis

Date Posted: 20 August 2014 at 6:33pm

�Woman, you have great faith! Your request is granted.� And her daughter was healed at that moment." Smile

But of course!  The poor Gentile woman had accepted her lowly position as a "dog" as compared to the Chosen People (the "children"). 

So, what was that you were saying about "treat[ing] all people as equals"? Wink

-------------
Say: "Truly, my prayer and my service of sacrifice, my life and my death, are (all) for Allah, the Cherisher of the Worlds. (Surat al-Anaam: 162)

Date Posted: 20 August 2014 at 7:57pm

and of 'chosen ones'

Pretty simple...

asalaam.

"These twelve Jesus sent out with the following instructions: �Do not go among the Gentiles or enter any town of the Samaritans. Go rather to the lost sheep of Israel." (Matthew 10:4-6)

"Pretty simple" indeed...

-------------

Date Posted: 20 August 2014 at 7:58pm
Originally posted by islamispeace islamispeace wrote:

But of course!  The poor Gentile woman had accepted her lowly position as a "dog" as compared to the Chosen People (the "children"). 

So, what was that you were saying about "treat[ing] all people as equals"? Wink

It is worth noting that the story of the Canaanite woman is not found in the Gospel of Luke.  Luke, who was purportedly a Gentile, probably did not find the story too palatable for his Gentile readers, and so expunged it.  And who can blame him?  LOL

-------------

Date Posted: 20 August 2014 at 8:01pm
Greetings islamispeace,

You refer to the early part of Yshwe's ministry and ignore the fact that He later called Paul to go to the gentiles with the Gospel.  Paul who was accepted by all of Yshwe's first Apostles...
and Yshwe's blessings which are available to all.

asalaam.

-------------
Blessed be God forever

Date Posted: 20 August 2014 at 8:05pm

Greetings islamispeace,

You refer to the early part of Yshwe's ministry and ignore the fact that He later called Paul to go to the gentiles with the Gospel.  Paul who was accepted by all of Yshwe's first Apostles...
and Yshwe's blessings which are available to all.

asalaam.

LOL Yes, that's the typical excuse apologists use.  But how does that change the fact that "Yshwe" treated people differently based on their race, even if he changed his mind later on?     

-------------

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2019 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net