Forum Description: General Discussion
URL: https://www.islamicity.org/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=30557
Printed Date: 16 April 2024 at 6:35am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Seeking Unity
Posted By: HafizHanif
Subject: Seeking Unity
Date Posted: 01 August 2014 at 5:44pm
Peace be with you who read this and to you who respond.

I am in search of an answer as to 'why people of the same faith differ in their views?'

I see this phenomenon within each of the three Abrahamic faiths and more obviously between the three and find this quite divisive and not edifying to the Holy One. 

My viewpoint is that God created us all, we are all one big family ( albeit dysfunctional ) and we are all related in some form and fashion ( scientifically and faithfully )... and it seems our upbringing, our religions and our schooling separate us as real relatives and as a people seeking the same God. 

Replies:
Posted By: thuwn
Date Posted: 01 August 2014 at 7:30pm
Originally posted by HafizHanif HafizHanif wrote:

I am in search of an answer as to 'why people of the same faith differ in their views?'

Dogma in books that their ancestors cling on. That is just my view, not a dogma. But I am sure I am right.

Posted By: NABA
Date Posted: 02 August 2014 at 11:48pm
Assalamalecum,because we are way away from Quran that's it.Allah in ch 3 v 103 of Quran that he has bestowed a rope (Quran) on us and asked us to hold it firmly and b not divided.

Date Posted: 03 August 2014 at 9:20am
And hold firmly to the rope of Allah all together and do not become divided. And remember the favor of Allah upon you - when you were enemies and He brought your hearts together and you became, by His favor, brothers. And you were on the edge of a pit of the Fire, and He saved you from it. Thus does Allah make clear to you His verses that you may be guided.

- Sulat Al Imram 3:103 ( Sahih Int. )

It speaks similarly to this passage:

Then make my joy complete by being like-minded, having the same love, being one in spirit and of one mind.  D
o nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit.  Rather, in humility value others above yourselves, not looking to your own interests but each of you to the interests of the others.

- Philippians 2:2-4 ( NIV )

Also here:

How good and pleasant it is when God�s people live together in unity!

- Psalm 133:1 ( NIV )

We see difference of opinions among those who follow the Torah, those who follow the Gospel and those who follow the Quran ( and the obvious disagreements between the three views ) although these three sources carry with it a single overriding message.

What could be the cause of so many factions and ways of seeing God in the three Abrahamic religions? 

Posted By: NABA
Date Posted: 04 August 2014 at 2:42am
Assalamalecum,all those revelation give the same message I.e to worship Allah only,actually yes we should believe in torah and other revelations but we have to follow Quran, because those revelations were for those people for that period of time, but we have to follow Quran till last day.

Date Posted: 04 August 2014 at 8:21am
Originally posted by thuwn thuwn wrote:

Dogma in books that their ancestors cling on. That is just my view, not a dogma. But I am sure I am right.

Peace be with you, thuwn.

Dogma: a principle or set of principles laid down by an authority as incontrovertibly true.

Incontrovertible :
not able to be denied or disputed.

I acknowledge your point of view thuwn, for I must agree at some level of what you are pointing out. 

Also, I didn't see your response until this morning when I saw the notice that NABA responded... although your response was posted time-wise prior to theirs, perhaps it was passed through moderation until later it seems or maybe there's  a glitch in the matrix.

Surely our existence as humans cannot be denied.  Surely looking at how the planet happens to be suspended at just the right distance from the sun to support life.. and science has demonstrated that any closer or further from the sun and we wouldn't have life as we know it... perhaps no life at all... this is another incontrovertible reality.  Yet the question could be posed: is it by happenstance / chance or is it by design? 

We have the capacity to agree or disagree, believe or disbelieve and accept or deny a plethora of things... but our own existence, the reality of a hot sun in the sky, of rain being wet and so forth cannot be rationally denied or disbelieved... yet the things of faith are not so easily deduced nor logically defined. 

Date Posted: 04 August 2014 at 8:34am
Originally posted by NABA NABA wrote:

Assalamalecum,all those revelation give the same message I.e to worship Allah only,actually yes we should believe in torah and other revelations but we have to follow Quran, because those revelations were for those people for that period of time, but we have to follow Quran till last day.

Not to mince words or get trivial, but the message in the three are bound by the notion of unity, are they not?

I surely do believe there is One God, as the message in the three sources profess and exemplify, but let us truly read and see what is being said when we share passages of scripture, shall we?  I believe I did that when I shared the Quran's passage which you mentioned.

NABA, would you be so kind in also providing the support to your response: "actually yes we should believe in torah and other revelations but we have to follow Quran, because those revelations were for those people for that period of time, but we have to follow Quran till last day"

Thank you Smile

Posted By: Caringheart
Date Posted: 04 August 2014 at 10:08am

I see this phenomenon within each of the three Abrahamic faiths and more obviously between the three and find this quite divisive and not edifying to the Holy One. 

My viewpoint is that God created us all, we are all one big family ( albeit dysfunctional ) and we are all related in some form and fashion ( scientifically and faithfully )... and it seems our upbringing, our religions and our schooling separate us as real relatives and as a people seeking the same God. 

Thumbs%20Up
Greetings HafizHanif,

I agree with you... if we would all consider one another as brother's and sister's, of those of us who are seeking God, then we might find the way to peace through unity against the real enemy... the one who wants to see us divided and fighting one another... the one who wants to see creation destroyed... to see it destroy itself. 

We should be joined together as those who seek to be pleasing to the Creator,
in seeking to bring to the light those that do not seek God,
or who are deceived into thinking they serve Him through hatred and killing.

This is what I believe it means, that when Yshwe(Isa, Jesus) returns it is He who will lead us to peace... when we learn to let the Word of Yshwe live in our hearts...
seek those things that join us in peace, not those things that divide...
It is the devil's purpose to divide... to cause strife and killing amongst the Creator's creation... It is the devil that wants to see the creation destroy itself... it is he that is the enemy of all... the enemy of the Creator and us whom He created.

The answer to why people differ in their views...?
It is the devil's work.

asalaam and blessings to you,
Caringheart

-------------
Let us seek Truth together
Blessed be God forever
"I believe in Jesus as I believe in the sun... not because I see it, but because by it, I see everything else.: - C.S.Lewis

Posted By: Caringheart
Date Posted: 04 August 2014 at 10:12am

And hold firmly to the rope of Allah all together and do not become divided. And remember the favor of Allah upon you - when you were enemies and He brought your hearts together and you became, by His favor, brothers. And you were on the edge of a pit of the Fire, and He saved you from it. Thus does Allah make clear to you His verses that you may be guided.

- Sulat Al Imram 3:103 ( Sahih Int. )

It speaks similarly to this passage:

Then make my joy complete by being like-minded, having the same love, being one in spirit and of one mind.  D
o nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit.  Rather, in humility value others above yourselves, not looking to your own interests but each of you to the interests of the others.

- Philippians 2:2-4 ( NIV )

Also here:

How good and pleasant it is when God�s people live together in unity!

- Psalm 133:1 ( NIV )

We see difference of opinions among those who follow the Torah, those who follow the Gospel and those who follow the Quran ( and the obvious disagreements between the three views ) although these three sources carry with it a single overriding message.

Thumbs%20Up

-------------
Let us seek Truth together
Blessed be God forever
"I believe in Jesus as I believe in the sun... not because I see it, but because by it, I see everything else.: - C.S.Lewis

Date Posted: 04 August 2014 at 6:22pm
Originally posted by Caringheart Caringheart wrote:

Thumbs%20Up
Greetings HafizHanif,

I agree with you... if we would all consider one another as brother's and sister's, of those of us who are seeking God, then we might find the way to peace through unity against the real enemy... the one who wants to see us divided and fighting one another... the one who wants to see creation destroyed... to see it destroy itself. 

We should be joined together as those who seek to be pleasing to the Creator,
in seeking to bring to the light those that do not seek God,
or who are deceived into thinking they serve Him through hatred and killing.

This is what I believe it means, that when Yshwe(Isa, Jesus) returns it is He who will lead us to peace... when we learn to let the Word of Yshwe live in our hearts...
seek those things that join us in peace, not those things that divide...
It is the devil's purpose to divide... to cause strife and killing amongst the Creator's creation... It is the devil that wants to see the creation destroy itself... it is he that is the enemy of all... the enemy of the Creator and us whom He created.

The answer to why people differ in their views...?
It is the devil's work.

asalaam and blessings to you,
Caringheart

Peace be with you and many blessings as well.  May the Almighty hold you closely within His grace!

Thank you for that very warm and honest response, you have mentioned something quite profound and very hard for many to see. 

Your words remind me of these two passages:

"For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms."

- Ephesians 6:12

"If you bite and devour each other, watch out or you will be destroyed by each other."

- Galatians 5:15

We've seen the passage in Galatians happen to every religion the world over... and due to the unknown to most happenings depicted in the Ephesians passage.

Date Posted: 06 August 2014 at 8:45am
Peace be with you muslims,

I wholeheartedly agree... yet people Today are divided. 

I ask why?  Not even in the same circles of faith / religion no two people see eye to eye on every single issue.

Is it the religion we've been brought up in? ( either state sanctioned, media conditioned or parent raised or one we've turned to )

Is it the people who 'lead' such religions that make division where there really isn't or shouldn't be? ( the preacher telling you that others are going to hell so stay away from them... or the imam instructing you that if they don't believe your brand of religion, they are infidels and are nothing, worthless, worthy to be slaves and death if need be... the rabbi saying they are not of Jewish ancestry, so they are dogs and are not called )

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2019 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net