Forum Description: General Discussion
URL: https://www.islamicity.org/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=2949
Printed Date: 16 April 2024 at 1:33pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Depression
Posted By: Depressed
Subject: Depression
Date Posted: 11 November 2005 at 9:08pm

I've come to the conclusion I am depressed.  It's been a problem for quite a few years.  I think it is because of certain events in my life which were very devastating.  In sum, my father left me when I was six, my fiance left me four years ago and a new woman I fancied, just recently rejected me.  I guess I'm really sensitive and rejection has taken its toll on me.

I'm pursuing a degree in medicine so I've self-diagnosed.  I don't really enjoy life very much and I feel incredibly guilty because I know a Muslim isn't supposed to be like that.  I haven't had suicidal ideation, however, I've sort of wished for death, but it makes me feel worse because I know Muslims aren't supposed to do that.

I've been feeling miserable for about a year, to the point where it's affecting my work so I have postponed med school.  I have also stopped praying.  I only have my mother but she's old and doesn't understand.

My feelings initially translated into hatred towards women, however, it's translated into hatred towards everyone.  I get this feeling that people just use me and when they've had what they want, they just leave me.  I used to feel empathy towards my patients, but I look at every person with contempt now, so I've put my career on hiatus. 

One of my colleagues has suggested that I take antidepressants, however, I am strongly against antidepressants.  What I am afraid of is that if I continue this behaviour, I will not be worthy in the sight of Allah for not praying and for not contributing to society etc.  I've also lost all interest in marriage and interest in all women(don't worry I'm not gay :P). 

I have a strong feeling I will feel like this for quite a while.  What is the Islamic thing to do?  Do I take antidepressants and become a zombie, numbing my senses?  Or shoud I be patient and ride this thing out?  What if it takes me a decade to snap out of this?  What if I die in this state of not being a good Muslim?  Please help.    

Replies:
Posted By: rami
Date Posted: 11 November 2005 at 9:42pm
Bi ismillahir rahmanir raheem

assalamu alaikum br

many of us have felt this at some point in our life, sometimes we expect things and put our hope into them so when they dont materialise or they dont satisfy us like we imagined we begin to feel down and depressed.

this problem comes from enjoying and desiring to much that u get used to feeling up and are not used to feeling balanced. You need to exrcise self control over what you do in life and what ever it is you do to find joy. Whether it is music, food, reading anything the medium is not important the effect is the same.

Prayer is not a deed to be done it is a cure for many of the issues, it helps ease stress and anxiety you need to attempt it in a sincere way and not approach it as a task. Remember Allah gives according to your intention and intention is in the heart not simply the mind.

You have to be carful how you approach each task. When you say i intend to be sincere but your heart is not in reality sincere then the act is done in a delusional manner ie not facing the reality that your heart is not there.

If you say i will "try" to be sincere in this act (eg prayer) then the intention behind the act is more realistic and reasnoble and allah will help you in the task and increase you more in sincerity.

it takes time depending on the habits you have formed in your life,  it is about the state of the heart. Allah in the Quran says he does not look at our deeds but what is in our hearts and he gives according to that.

-------------
Rasul Allah (sallah llahu alaihi wa sallam) said: "Whoever knows himself, knows his Lord" and whoever knows his Lord has been given His gnosis and nearness.

Posted By: Angel
Date Posted: 12 November 2005 at 9:13pm

Have you been to a doctor, its not best to self diagnosed  getting a 2nd and 3rd opinion is good.

Perhaps you can see and talk to a councilsor, that's what they are there for  

Or you can write down your feelings and thoughts in a journal, getting your feelings out is good as you don't hold onto them inside.

The question to be answered is: why do you feel that people use you? (You don't have to answer here, its just a private question for you) And also what did you feel when your dad left you? the way you felt can also affect how you are in later in life.

Praying, Rami is right, Praying is also a form of mediatation.

Find something that interest you and do them, its no point in doing something that you are not happy with because pushing to do that when your not happy can only furthur exberate your depression. The point here is to get yourself out of the depression, not stay in, so doing something that you have interest in and it doesn't have to be great, will help you.

Quote I don't really enjoy life very much and I feel incredibly guilty because I know a Muslim isn't supposed to be like that. 

May I ask who say that ? A muslim isn't supposed to be like that. Sounds like a guilt trip layed on by somebody who doesn't know any better or about depression!

DO not feel guilty because you feel depressed or that you should be enjoying life. That only makes the situation more worse!

Everyone feels depressed about something in their life, some people are worse and some people are not, and there are different kinds of depression (and being a med student that is something you shold know ;-) ) and does not mean that you should be guilty about it. There is no hard or fast rules saying that you should be enjoying life every second of the day.

Work on what is making you depressed and start from there to heal yourself.  

-------------
~ Our feet are earthbound, but our hearts and our minds have wings ~

Posted By: Depressed
Date Posted: 13 November 2005 at 3:26am

Thank you for your responses. It makes me feel somewhat better that you two actually care about a person who you've never seen before. 

I've actually seen a psychiatrist and she's offered me anti-depressants.  I don't like talking to her because she's not offering me advice from a Muslim perspective and she's putting pressure on me to take drugs. 

I feel that people have used me because as I said my father left when I was younger.  He's found out from family members that I am going to be a doctor so recently he's been asking me to borrow money.  I've given him some money because he said he was going to use it to buy my sister a new computer, but he lied and I haven't heard from him in weeks.

Also with regard to my ex-fiance.  She was only with me because she thought I was going to be a doctor.  When I first applied to medical school, I got rejected and I was really upset.  She left me the same day I got rejected...coincidence?  I think not. 

The recent girl I was with was only with me because...this sounds a bit immodest, I am a pretty funny guy.  I make a lot of jokes, however, this is just a mask, because I am a miserable person inside.  But she just wanted to be with me because of that and when I broached the subject of something beyond friendship she stopped talking to me.  I know that's happened to lots of ppl, but it's been compounded by my experience with my fiance. 

I know I have no right to complain about my life, because I have it a lot better than most ppl in the world.  However, I want to snap out of this funk so I can be motivated to make the world a better place for those ppl.  I know it sounds corny, but I want to perform good deeds so I can go to Junnah.  But I'm just really upset and it's hindering this ability to at least attempt to perform those good deeds and my ability to pray.  You know what I mean?

Maybe this is a question that only I can answer, but the advice from both of you is very much appreciated and has caused me to see things differently

Jazak-allah  

Posted By: Nausheen
Date Posted: 13 November 2005 at 6:36am

Auzubillahi minash shaitan ir rajeem,

Bismillah ir rahman ir rahim,

A shrink will always be of the opinion that one should go on drugs if depressed. If this person is not a muslim, or a believer of spiritual powers, may not support anything other than a routine treatment.

You are a med student so must have some idea how serotonin plays a role in mood elevation. During depression serotonin is depleted and it needs to be replenished otherwise the brain chemistry will never get back to normal. However it is not always true, that one needs chemical triggers (drugs) for the release of serotonin.

If your depression is mild, you CAN treat it yourself ... yes, without depending on drugs.

A few things you can do is read about depression. try and find out how the brain chemistry works and what one can do to fight it. Assess yourself, find the reasons that make you depressed - ie find your triggers, and do not run away from them, instead deal with them.

Below is a link I found quite promising.

http://www.anxiety-and-depression-solutions.com/articles/011905depressionrealcure.htm - http://www.anxiety-and-depression-solutions.com/articles/011 905depressionrealcure.htm

Last but not the least, the best way to deal with depression is thru religion. I can understand that a stage comes when people run away from prayers, and other religious activities. This is because of your condition, and not something inherent in you. Try to change a few things around yourself, constantly reminding yourself that Allah will heal and you will find yourself turning back to prayers slowly. If you cannot bring yourself to a point to do all five prayers in a day, do one. Pick one time in which you feel best in spirits, and try to offer only the fard portions of that prayer. Do it with consistency. Gradually you will find yourself falling into the habit, then move on to the next prayer.

Find a friend in your local mosque, who you can share your problem with. Spend some time with him, and see if there are any topics of discussion on spirituality in religion that interest both of you, and that which can give you some peace of mind.

Maa salaama,

Nausheen 

-------------
<font color=purple>Wanu nazzilu minal Qurani ma huwa

Shafaa un wa rahmatun lil mo'mineena

wa la yaziduzzalimeena illa khasara.
[/COLOR]

Posted By: fatima
Date Posted: 13 November 2005 at 7:01am

bismillah irrahman irrahim

assalamu alaikum

On the authority of Abu Huraira (may Allah be pleased with him), who said that Prophet Muhammad (may Allah's blessings and peace be upon him) said: Allah swt the Almighty says:

I am as My servant thinks I am. I am with him when he makes mention of Me. If he makes mention of Me to Himself, I make mention of him to Myself; and if he makes mention of Me in an assembly, I make mention of him in an assembly better than it. And if he draws near to Me a hand's span, I draw near to him an arm's length; and if he draws near to Me an arm's length, I draw near to him a fathom's length. And if he comes to Me walking, I go to him at speed. (Bukhari, Muslim, Tirmidhi and Ibn Majah)

I absolutely love this hadith qudsi, as one of the brothers mentioned that every1 feels some depression in their life and alhamdulillah i hav tasted the truth of this hadith, pray with total sincerity knowin that Allah swt has knowledge of every thing and 'Verily, His command, when He intends a thing, is only that He says to it, "BE!" and it is!'' SubhanAllah its up to us to be one of our lord's ppl, know that every matter is a rehma for a believer alhamdulillah either its a way to elevate ur place with ur lord or its washing away some of the past mistakes thats been made so both way a good thing.  Involve urself in acquiring knowledge of deen n ur lord, try to read tafsir every day inshaAllah that will give u peace and tranquility.  it is not possible to do every thing right every time but try ur best to deal with things in a way u think will please ur lord, knows he knows the secrets in breast of men, and if something goes wrong ask for forgiveness straight away with total sincerity n humility. just wanted to finish with another hadith but cant find it at the moment but inshaAllah il tell u the meaning. 

Sayyidina Muhammad saw said to one of the sahabi to take Allah swt as a helper and protector when he needs one and know that if the whole world gathers to benefit u they cant and if they all gather to harm u they are not able unless Allah swt wills it.  so inshaAllah keep ur dealings according to what pleases ur lord n inshaAllah Allah swt will make things better for u.

and a muslim is the one who likes for his fellow muslim what he likes for himself so its not knowing some1 to make u care for them.(just to clarify b4 some1 minds me saying that, a muslim is also suppose to immitate qualities of his lord ie being kind and mercifull to every1 but its truth alhamdulillah us muslims have another bond on a higher level than humanity)

wassalam

Posted By: AllahisGreat
Date Posted: 13 November 2005 at 12:42pm
Depressed I had a real problem with depression until the last couple of years. Sometimes you have to just have to out grow it. That is what I did. A lot of times when you are young you don't have any perspective. This doesn't come until you are in your 30's. Plus you have to force yourself to remember all the good things that have happened to you. You have to draw strength from all the positive experiences when you are having some not so good times in your life. You also have to have your own personal victory file. No matter what kind of geek you might be everyone rises above the storm every now and then. Regarding your fiance this is a situation which only time will heal. Right now the wounds are fresh. However as time passes the smoke will clear. She won't seem so perfect to you anymore. You will remember all of her bad qualities, all the ways that she didn't measure up, and all the times she betrayed you. Perhaps one day from now she will be begging for you back and think of how much fun you will have jerking her around and playing with her emotions. As for the latest love gone wrong you really don't know why this lady jetted. You really don't know what is going with her internally from the surface. Personally sometimes I have just too much going on to be confined to a romantic relationship. As for the loss of your father as you go out into the world in your career you may one day meet a man who will be like a father to you which will make your loss more bearable. As for being rejected from medical school it is so difficult to gain entrance. I would apply as many times as possible. Try to beef up your application for next time. Study harder for a better score on the MCAT. Try to take some more classes that will look good on the application and/or get a better bachelor degree to improve your chances for admission into medical school. Don't give up too soon. Fall down 7 times get up 8.

Date Posted: 13 November 2005 at 5:57pm
Originally posted by Depressed Depressed wrote:

Thank you for your responses. It makes me feel somewhat better that you two actually care about a person who you've never seen before. 

but the advice from both of you is very much appreciated and has caused me to see things differently

You're Welcome

Have you looked into alternative therapies, these will deal with the hole of the body mind and spirit all in one as well as councilsor who are into naturally therapies/solutions, instead of just one area like the psychiatrist you been to and prescribing drugs, as if that is the only way to deal with depression, drugs should be the utmost last resort!  

I go to an health centre that deals with alternative therapies, (I have been to an homeopathy therapiests who helped me with a few things and one of them was feeling depressed.) These treatment treat the person individually as not all medications are for all people neither are the same doses. People require different doses according to their needs. I have below given you some info from there: {{and one thing, they don't put pressure on you}}

Psychological counselling can be of assistance at times when you are experiencing emotional distress, or when life is offering you greater challenges, or more generally to help you enhance you self awareness and help you gain greater personal satisfaction in life. 

Over a number of weekly sessions, through talking with a trained counselor, new perspectives or understandings can occur, new strategies for addressing life issues can emerge and you can be strengthened in the use of your own abilities.

Naturopathy deals with internal health problems, metabolic disorders and imbalances through treatment of the whole person.  In general, a wide range of diagnostic techniques are employed to assess causative factors, with treatment that may involve dietary changes, herbal medicines, homeopathy or nutritional supplements.  All treatments are finely tuned to each individual to rebalance the natural rhythms of the body.

[the therapists here was working at the centre since 1990 until she just moved recently interstate].  [She] uses herbs as her main modality but utilises homeopathy, dietary and lifestyle advice, flower essences and vitamin and mineral therapy, depending on what is required to meet one's health requirements. 

Massage offers you relief from pain and chronic tension through relaxation techniques, aromatherapy, deeper therapeutic massage, reflexology or remedial massage.  These techniques increase your flexibility and mobility and encourage energy to flow to your internal organs, while stimulating circulation of blood and lymph which helps eliminate wastes.  Massage can relieve tension, cramps, muscular aches and pains, joint stiffness, fatigue, menstral cycle problems and the stress of pregnancy.  It is beneficial for general well-being, plus you'll feel totally pampered.

Chiropractic emphasises the structural integrity of your body.  The chiropractor deals with health disorders related to the spine and the associated nerves which extend from it to all parts of your body. 

Often, seemingly unrelated pain can be traced to a simple spinal problem.  Treatment can include massage, gentle manual adjustments, postural advice and referral where appropriate.  The chiropractor also provides preventative measures against musculo-skeletal disorders.

[here you don�t necessarily have to go because you have a bad back, I go for back, shoulder and neck massage, as I have tension there and I go when I feel the need to and when I feel down I go and afterwards I feel good again, The doctor here doesn�t do anything I don�t want done or feel uncomfortable with.]

Acupuncture is part of the comprehensive tradition of Chinese Medicine and can be used either by itself, or combined with massage treatment or herbal formulas.  The needles are pre-sterilized, individually packaged and as fine as a hair. 

Does it hurt?  Since the needles are so fine the experience is similar to a small insect bite, then some tingling or a gentle pulsing, but be assured that treatments are tailored to each individual and paced to suit your comfort level.  Acupuncture is often used to complement other forms of treatment such as Chiropractic or Western Medicine.

These are just a few and what is offered at my place where I go, there are more natural therapies, do your research.

Aromatherapy is good, and you can get candles and oil essence to burn to help elivate feeling down. You could burn these while doing your prayers, that will be a good combination.

Also if you think your diet and exercise needs to be adjusted, do so, look into foods that will benefit you and help, perhaps you are lacking in certain areas (only you would know this). Doing some form of sports, like swimming, cycling, gym can help and at the same time get fit  and can be a really good stress buster  hey your a med student perhaps going into golf could be the answer

There many ways to help depression and not resort to drugs, I don't like drugs for that either. Once I went to the doctor to get time out and for depression, its 3 months, I wanted time to help myself and knew what to do and taking drugs was definitely not one of them. But the doctor wouldn't give me the time out, because I wasn't prepared to take the description but I soon agreed to it, she gave me the prescription but I never got it filled out, but I got my 3 months time out to help my self  and I never went back.

I know this maybe hard but don't worry about anybody else, don't worry about your father about the money, I know its nice to help your parents and it can be looked upon as a duty, but if he only going to use you for money abuse it, then he has no right to your help.

Just concentrate on yourself and getting better, you need to take care of yourself. My philosophy is that if I'm not upto my optium and my health is not good, how am I going to be of benefit to other people or help them?! My health and wellbeing come first without it I'm not good to other people. Simple really  But it is also true that in some instances helping others will also help you.

I wish you luck, and as you can see there are many ways of dealing with depression.

-------------

Posted By: freebird
Date Posted: 13 November 2005 at 10:49pm

I think depression is when the feeling of "pointless" crept in into the person's life. The animal's don't feel depress because they don't look into the future unlike us the humans.

Humans is involved with time, and the future is associated with time. You are in time now - but you do feel your swim in time produce nothing. Because that you feel you want to die, or cease from the flow of time and jump into the eternal = timeless.

I leave it you this thing and see if it has any connection.

Date Posted: 14 November 2005 at 10:49pm

freebird, you need to learn more about depression and yes animals do feel depressed at times.

If you haven't learnt before us humans are animals we are warm blooded mammals.

Note: if you (or anybody else) wants to take this furthur about humans vs other animals [as this is different topic], in another thread please 

-------------

Posted By: kenski70
Date Posted: 16 November 2005 at 11:57pm
you might want to consider Lexipro.this is an antidepressant that wont numb your senses. i know i too am extremely depressed.Ive dealt with the death of one of my children, divorce, and betrayal.all in a span of 3 months.think of your depression as you lying in a hole.Lexipro will just raise the floor up.you will still have your wits about you. you will just be calmer.

-------------
Sorry about that turn signal,I must have fallen asleep.

Posted By: firewall
Date Posted: 17 November 2005 at 7:58am
bismillahi rahmani raheem,

salam. i don't know if what i'm saying will make u feel used or not, but... for a would be muslim medical doctor, u hv been blessed by Allah a profession that can make you a man who brings immense benefit to his society. you can earn many, many good deeds just like that, helping sick, weak people. Allah loves His slave that brings benefits to other people, Allah would've love you very much, insha Allah.

so... what happen to this good man who could've bring immense benefit to his society. why are u not happy? why do u feel used?

for the things you give to others, ask ur rewards from Allah. humans can't give u the best rewards, even if you begged them, my friend. ur best rewards are from Allah, & that, is what u must hope for. if you count what you give to others, surely Allah will count what He Gives to you -- & He's Given you a lot more than u can even imagined. so just go on be giving to people, what is it to count, surely you have gotten more from Allah, don't you? & for His Jannah, which you hoped so much for Allah to give you. we humans only give a little to others, not worthy to note anyway, compared to Allah, the Most Gracious, Most Merciful to us.

& speaking from experience, i hope u wouldn't abandon ur prayers. grab hold to ur faith like ur life depends on it -- for every pain, Allah has promises He will brings ease. pray, read the Quran. one relation u mustn't abandon, no matter what happens in life is ur relations to Allah. keep ur prayers -- u must keep ur prayers. don't lose it, as if u lose that u will lose all. u must strengthen urself through prayers, ask from Allah for strength.

honestly, i had also felt pain & rejection from people. it's not only you who have felt that. imagine the Iraqis, the Pakistanis, the less fortunate, the kids, who have lost more than you. Rasulullah (PBUH) is also an orphan -- so living without parents mustn't be a weakness to us. there is a hikmah to it all. Allah will not trial a person heavier than what he/she can carry. so trust Allah.

you could be a great man, you know that.
i wish i can be a benefit to people so much. ur blessed ur path is right there in front of you, u can be a benefit to ur society. so don't waver from that path, you must be strong.

this is ur Jihad within urself. pray to Allah, will you? amen.

Posted By: freebird
Date Posted: 17 November 2005 at 6:08pm
Originally posted by Angel Angel wrote:

freebird, you need to learn more about depression and yes animals do feel depressed at times.

If you haven't learnt before us humans are animals we are warm blooded mammals.

Do we have to learn about depression first to answer a question from the questioner who is already in the know how the medical profession handle the depression? 

I just read an article about depression - and they freely using prozac, zoloft and the like. Is this what I need to learn first?

The people in the west are depressed, that's why alcohol is the main ingrediant in the street. The people can't stand the depression and they want to drag the whole world with it. They refuse Islam which is the answer for their problem, an eternal problem.

Only up to 1/2 dacade ago the western world was in constant war, that is a sign of the depressed people.

In 1998 the Asian economy was battered by the currency crisis, especially indonesia - and I can tell you with certainty that a lot people mentally collapsed because that. Stroke was common occurance and the anti depressant pills was a sudden best seller. But if we see the comparison between the number of population in total compared with those who could not stand the brunt of it - than Islam is definitely the saviour. Imagine if such of this kind occur in the western world, a directionless war will follow. Imagine if the american wake up in the morning where a weekly wage is enough for one day food, can they stand to such an event? can you see this picture?

Thailand is non muslim country with low economic output, we see they sell themselves for money. But go further to the south where the military trying hard to lick the US buttock by repeatedly shooting the muslims, do we see prostitution there? Here we can see what Islam is all about to humanity.

As far as thailand is concern, economically is weak, technologically is backward and spiritually a pathetic. There is not a single major economic and military power ever woed or wooing thailand except as a tourist attraction and sex destination. But their government has no shame, it does not even has a dignity. They keep on dancing as though they are a slave calling somebody to be their master, calling:

"Look at me sir, look at me". How can people do such a thing is beyond me, that government officials are just plain pathetic worthless. 

No Angel, I don't need to learn about the depression any further than what I know now and what I see to give an answer.

Islam gives hope to the hopeless who are living in their hopelessness. Those who hate Islam has lost their hope - and they are torturing the muslims to encourage us to give up our salvation. But I don't see any alternative to Islam at all from the constant reading and listening.

Imagine if Islam is not around, what will happen to the bulk of majority of the world population? The strong are so depresssed with uncertainty of life and the weak will try to please the strong master at least to see the next morning. But this has happened in the past.

Posted By: Henna
Date Posted: 17 November 2005 at 9:42pm
Selamunaleykum,
i don't want to change the direction of the subject but i just want to say something; if you have never had depression, you wouldn't be able to understand a depressed person.

Brother depressed, i have the same problem. I have chronic depression (for 9-10 years now). I found the "islam" elhamdulillah end of the my worst deppressed days... (3 years ago)

I was crying everyday, everywhere.. in the bus, on the phone.. hours and hours..non-stop... and everyday... Suicide toughts, very deep and sharp pain, lost of life meaning, sleeping for hours and hours..  all this  was for years and years...

Actually, i have still depression, it still hurts.. but after i found islam, i started to pray, i have been trying to practice islam&rules and something has changed..

Now, i see my "pain" just an illness (and of course an exam like all illness) from Allah, it's not physical but psychological illness and if you can be patient, inshallah you will have the reward as well. Just keep in your mind, everything in this life is exam from Allah.. and the depression also..

If you can not do anything, just pray your salaat. Just force yourself for doing your salaat. And if you can do, do zikr.. Do zikr of the names of Allah. Inshallah salaat and dua will help you (and me as well inshallah..) I know you know what you should do...

I am really in bad mood tonight..
Just know, you are not alone.. So many people try to handle with depression...Including me as well..

i just wanted to share my pain...

May Allah give you health, patient..

Sorry for any inconvenience..

I am going to pray my salaat now.. I will pray for all of you as well inshallah.. Keep me in your prays as well please.. I really need it..

Posted By: ummziba
Date Posted: 18 November 2005 at 5:38am

Assalamu alaikum,

You are correct, Sister Henna, depression is an illness.  Just like cancer, diabetes, heart disease and the rest.  It is an illness of the brain.  Yes, faith in Allah helps a lot, but it won't "cure" depression.  Neither are pills necessarily the right anwser for everyone.

Those who have never suffered from it have no idea.  Those who have are intimately familiar with that evil dragon.

Peace, ummziba.

-------------
Sticks and stones may break my bones, but your words...they break my soul ~

Posted By: firewall
Date Posted: 18 November 2005 at 7:21am
bismillahi rahmani raheem,

honestly, i really don't like to talk about a phase in my life, but i was once "depressed". after an accident, i had to take a semester off from university. it's a dark time of my life, but Allah says everything has a hikmah so now i accept it. although i honestly hate talking about it, being depressed is like such a waste of time to me now. i did meet a counselor, but honestly, she just tell me what i know already. i know people are vain, people can be hurtful, people can murder other people etc... those stuff i know already. what i want is peace, how to escape from that pain. she is incapable of giving me that even if she wanted to.

so u know what, i got my peace -- from Allah. so alhamdulillah...

a psychologist might just numb u with pills, but Allah Has Gave a very, very clear Guide us on how to live life. & it works! & Allah Promised whoever follows His Guidance, will not be unhappy. i believe in that Promise, & Allah is the Best Keeper of Promises.

when i was diverted from Allah, & it's an ugly, bleak, unlit, unguided road. at first it seems okay, but after awhile it's just ugly & confusing. but with Allah's Guidance, it's like a light has shine through a dark journey. now whatever i do, i believe in the Most Powerful Auliya (protector), Allah, & i hope for Allah to guide me to the beautiful road. it is a beautiful path, with Allah as our Giver of Guidance.

that's why i said, grab hold to our faith like ur life depends on it. bcoz our life do depends on it. our Islamic routine is shaping us to be a better person. Allah's Guidance is indeed the best cure.

Quran, 2:45-46: And seek assistance through patience and prayer, and most surely it is a hard thing except for the humble ones; Who know that they shall meet their Lord and that they shall return to Him

may Depressed be happy again. :)

Posted By: Henna
Date Posted: 18 November 2005 at 7:32am
Dear ummziba and firewall;
i think "unfortunately"
http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&hs=0HS&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&q=unfortunately++&spell=1" class="p - we talk the same language..
I hope everybody will find the peace one day..

And dear firewall; i am really happy that your problem solved and you are in paece now.. Inshallah you will never get it again, i hope nobody will get it ..

http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&hs=0HS&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&q=unfortunately++&spell=1" class="p -

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2019 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net