URL: https://www.islamicity.org/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=27388
Printed Date: 24 April 2024 at 3:40am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Happy New Year
Posted By: herber345
Subject: Happy New Year
Date Posted: 31 December 2013 at 1:31am

Wishing you a fabulous 2014

with full of great achievements and experiences.

A meaningful chapter waiting

to be written Happy New Year!

HAPPY NEW YEAR... Smile

Replies:
Posted By: Abu Loren
Date Posted: 31 December 2013 at 4:20am
Originally posted by herber345 herber345 wrote:

<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="4">Wishing you a fabulous 2014

<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="4">

<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="4">with full of great achievements and experiences.

<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="4">A meaningful chapter waiting

to be written Happy New Year!HAPPY NEW YEAR... [IMG]smileys/smiley1.gif" height="52" width="52" align="absmiddle" alt="Smile" />

If you are a Muslim then this is HARAM!

Date Posted: 31 December 2013 at 10:46pm
Originally posted by Abu Loren Abu Loren wrote:

Originally posted by herber345 herber345 wrote:

<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="4">Wishing you a fabulous 2014

<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="4">with full of great achievements and experiences.

<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="4">A meaningful chapter waiting

to be written Happy New Year!HAPPY NEW YEAR... [IMG]smileys/smiley1.gif" height="52" width="52" align="absmiddle" alt="Smile" />

If you are a Muslim then this is HARAM!

I'm Human....
I respects every religion...
I don't know how wishing New year is "haram"....

Posted By: NABA
Date Posted: 01 January 2014 at 1:29am
Because we have only two festivals in islam I.e 2 Eids, Allah forbids innovation in islam in ch 5 v 3.

Posted By: abuayisha
Date Posted: 01 January 2014 at 7:01am
Naba if "Happy New Year" is considered an innovation in Islam, I'd say you have a fundamental misunderstanding of innovation. Innovation in Islam is with respect to religion. Our two Eids are religious festivals. A simple greeting of "Happy New Year" has no religious implication, thus is outside of "haram" or "halal" from the standpoint of innovation in Islam. And Allah Knows Best.

Posted By: lateefah2000
Date Posted: 01 January 2014 at 9:40am
aslaamwalaykum
the same for you brother

Posted By: honeto
Date Posted: 01 January 2014 at 12:30pm
May Allah bring guidance and happiness for all in this New Year (which is just a measurement of time). There is no harm in wishing a happy new month, a day, or a year. Of course what you do and how you do need to be in the guidelines Allah has prescribed for us, InshahAllah.
Hasan

-------------
The friends of God will certainly have nothing to fear, nor will they be grieved. Al Quran 10:62

Date Posted: 01 January 2014 at 4:16pm
Ameen!

Date Posted: 01 January 2014 at 10:45pm
Thanks every one... :)
NABA... I think you have got your answer and I need not to explain anything.
But I just want to say...
Getting knowledge is good, but half knowledge may be more dangerous..
if you have studied anything and you don't have full knowledge sometime it reflect you two meanings...
I'm not saying this for any kind of religious view, its just general words that I had heard from my elders..

Posted By: NABA
Date Posted: 01 January 2014 at 11:00pm
What is wrong what is right we r not entitled to say that, as far as one is sticked to Quran they are always right bcoz its the word of Allah, u hear from elders, I hear this from imam in masjid after isha salaah on 30.12.13 not to say happy year.do u think he is wrong???? Ur views are welcomed.

Date Posted: 03 January 2014 at 4:42am

It is not permissible to congratulate the kuffaar on their festivals in any way whatsoever

What is the ruling on eating the food (rice, meat, chicken or cake) that is given to us by a Christian friend that he made for his birthday or for Christmas or the Christian New Year? What is your opinion on congratulating him by saying, �Insha Allaah you will continue to do well this year� so as to avoid saying Kull �aam wa antum bi khayr (approx. �season�s greetings�) or �Happy New Year� etc?.

Praise be to Allaah.
It is not permissible for a Muslim to eat things that the Jews and Christians make on their festivals, or what they give him as a gift on their festivals, because that is cooperating with them and joining in with them in this evil, as is explained in question no. 12666.

It is not permissible for him to congratulate them on their festivals in any way whatsoever, because that implies approval of their festival and not denouncing them, and helping them to manifest their symbols and propagate their innovation, and sharing their happiness during their festivals, which are innovated festivals that are connected to false beliefs that are not approved of in Islam. See also question no. 47322.

And Allaah knows best.

http://islamqa.info/en/81977

Posted By: Matt Browne
Date Posted: 20 January 2014 at 7:10am
Abu Loren, you are an intolerant Islamist and a danger to world peace. Tolerant Muslims, please watch out.

-------------
A religion that's intolerant of other religions can't be the world's best religion --Abdel Samad
Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people--Eleanor Roosevelt

Date Posted: 21 January 2014 at 5:11am
Originally posted by Matt Browne Matt Browne wrote:

Abu Loren, you are an intolerant Islamist and a danger to world peace. Tolerant Muslims, please watch out.

You are an ***** Matthias Braun. That is from a scholar and not my opinion.

If you can't understand why Muslims can't celebrate Christmas then God help you.

Posted By: Sayyed Mohammad
Date Posted: 21 January 2014 at 8:02pm
I just want to say one thing, our great leader, imam Khomeini who was leader of the Shia, exiled to France for a few months and on Christmas night he ordered to their followers to buy flower and confectionary so as to spread among Christians because he believed that is birthday of the great prophet who he will come back whit our savior(Imams Mahdi) and my belief is like that

Posted By: Sayyed Mohammad
Date Posted: 21 January 2014 at 8:22pm
One thing else as Imam Ali says and implies all of the prophets are brothers hence their birthdays are important days and holy days I believe in.

Posted By: Sign*Reader
Date Posted: 05 February 2014 at 1:44am

If you can't understand why Muslims can't celebrate Christmas then God help you.

I wonder what were you doing while the world's biggest new year celebration fire work was being shot over Dubai? Look at the pictures and figure how many million Dirhams went up in smoke?
https://www.google.com/search?q=new+year+eve+dubai+fireworks&client=firefox-a&hs=lsz&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=BvzxUoD0MY_aoATmoIHwDA&ved=0CIkBELAE&biw=1440&bih=814

Could you elaborate this reference of Mathias Braun with Matt Browne?

-------------
Kismet Domino: Faith/Courage/Liberty/Abundance/Selfishness/Immorality/Apathy/Bondage or extinction.

Date Posted: 05 February 2014 at 7:11am
Sign*Reader! alhamdulillah ala-salama.

Date Posted: 05 February 2014 at 10:19am
Originally posted by Sign*Reader Sign*Reader wrote:

I wonder what were you doing while the world's biggest new year celebration fire work was being shot over Dubai? Look at the pictures and figure how many million Dirhams went up in smoke?https://www.google.com/search?q=new+year+eve+dubai+fireworks&client=firefox-a&hs=lsz&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=BvzxUoD0MY_aoATmoIHwDA&ved=0CIkBELAE&biw=1440&bih=814

I think I was fast asleep in order to wake up on time for Fajr.

If you could read the signs then you would know that Dubai and the UAE as a whole are trying to woo foreign tourists with the gimmicks you've mentioned. This is of course very sad when it is Muslims or pretend Muslims who are doing this. You can't call the UAE an Islamic country because it has secular laws and only use Sharia law for family matters. Of course, there are no "Muslim country" anywhere in the world because no country in the world uses Sharia law.

Another thing that saddens me about the UAE is that the majority of residents here Muslims but you would only see 2 or 3 lines of people in the masjid at any given time. But hey, who am I to judge?

Originally posted by Sign*Reader Sign*Reader wrote:

Could you elaborate this reference of Mathias Braun with Matt Browne?

Yes, he is from Germany and there he will be known as Matthias Braun, he said that he uses Matt Brown as this is an English only forum.

Anyway, who the hell are you?

Posted By: Reepicheep
Date Posted: 05 February 2014 at 11:52am
"How can you say to your brother, 'Let me take the speck out of your eye,' when all the time there is a plank in your own eye? You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother's eye." Matthew 7:4-5

Posted By: Matt Browne
Date Posted: 07 February 2014 at 5:10am

I can totally understand why Muslims can't celebrate Christmas. I cannot understand why Christians mock the Prophet Muhammad or Islam's holy festivals. I cannot understand why Muslims mock Christianity's holy festivals. Both attitudes endanger world peace. Picking out bad examples from each other's communities achieves nothing.

-------------
A religion that's intolerant of other religions can't be the world's best religion --Abdel Samad
Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people--Eleanor Roosevelt

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2019 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net