Print Page | Close Window

Understanding Women

Printed From: IslamiCity.org
Category: Culture & Community
Forum Name: Groups : Men (Brothers)
Forum Description: Groups : Men (Brothers)
URL: https://www.islamicity.org/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=2617
Printed Date: 28 March 2024 at 10:41pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Understanding Women
Posted By: restless
Subject: Understanding Women
Date Posted: 15 October 2005 at 12:23am
Women are physically weaker than men. Therfore, they are more conscious of their security than men. These make them more obedient to law compared to man( they are not as violent as men) because they fear the law (and consequnces of their actions). They also love their children more than men and can take better care of them.

On the flip side their "nesting" instincts make them look only at their immediate needs (i.e their short term interests) and not their principles (i.e for their immediate need they are more likely to compromise on their principles, than men). If I am allowed to be frank, they are more greedy and cowardly than men.

Replies:
Posted By: Unhappy
Date Posted: 15 October 2005 at 1:57am

You sound like a mysogynist.

It's useless to generalize about women and men.  The bottom line is that most men and women are useless.  Most of them are greedy, selfish and superficial.

I used to be like you brother.  I used to hate women because every woman I met was a horrible person.  But brother, both men and women alike...the vast majority of them are bad ppl.  You don't view men like this, because like most men, you have more male friends than female friends and I'm sure you've met many respectable brothers.  Basically the law of averages.

You probably haven't met any respectable sisters(I haven't either) because you're not in contact with as many women...but believe me brother...there are women out there who aren't greedy and aren't cowardly...maybe one day I or you will be lucky enough to marry one.

Posted By: ummziba
Date Posted: 15 October 2005 at 5:31am

Assalamu alaikum,

Originally posted by Unhappy Unhappy wrote:

You probably haven't met any respectable sisters(I haven't either) because you're not in contact with as many women...but believe me brother...there are women out there who aren't greedy and aren't cowardly...maybe one day I or you will be lucky enough to marry one.

Sorry Brothers, I'm already married!       

(Sorry, couldn't resist!)  But, seriously, there are lots of good Sisters out there, just as there are lots of good Brothers - it is all the "other types" that make it seem like there are not.

Peace, ummziba.

-------------
Sticks and stones may break my bones, but your words...they break my soul ~

Posted By: Abeer23
Date Posted: 15 October 2005 at 7:33am

Ummziba that was a good one, LOL  

unhappy, restless I feel bad for you brothers.    In sha allah you all will meet some decent sisters.  This is the best month to pray for it

Salaam

Posted By: Israfil
Date Posted: 15 October 2005 at 9:44am
Don't wanna burst the bubbles of sisters I too feel for the brothers and I too feel the same way, though I disagree with the author of this subject I do feel that "Good guys" finish last and I don't think the world the way it is now is built for good men. If we are the fortunate ones to get married then may God slap me all over the face 99 times. I do however hold the belief that if we are not fortunate to be married in this life perhaps through the grace of God will be fortunate in the next life.

Posted By: Khadija1021
Date Posted: 27 November 2005 at 7:53am

Assalamu Alaikum

Instead of seeing your position as negative...not meeting any "good" sisters, I would consider myself as blessed that Allah reveals to me the "bad" so that I do not end up in a bad marriage.  I consider being a good Muslimah a great "weeding out" tool.  What this means is that by staying close to Allah, I will, inshallah, stay away from those who are not good for my deen.  So, instead of being negative, I am positive while also being realistic about the way the world truly is.  The truth of the matter is that there are "good" and "bad" no matter where we live.

Restless, if you continue to maintain such a negative attitude about Muslimat, it is highly probable that you will not come in contact with "good" ones.  Allah guides as He wills and He knows best.  I pray daily for Allah to bring me a "good" Muslim husband, but I also beg Him to show me the truth about those who have approached me for marriage.  Allah never guides us wrong.

Allah Hafiz

PAZ

Khadija

-------------
Say: 'My prayer and my rites, my living and my dying, are for Allah alone, the Lord of all the worlds. (Qur'an, 6:162)

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2019 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net