Print Page | Close Window

The Christian God

Printed From: IslamiCity.org
Category: Religion - Islam
Forum Name: Interfaith Dialogue
Forum Description: It is for Interfaith dialogue, where Muslims discuss with non-Muslims. We encourge that dialogue takes place in a cordial atmosphere on various topics including religious tolerance.
URL: https://www.islamicity.org/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=25195
Printed Date: 28 March 2024 at 3:15pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: The Christian God
Posted By: FutureAndAHope
Subject: The Christian God
Date Posted: 19 April 2013 at 3:23am
Hi,

I am new to this forum and I would like to learn about your religion. I would appreciate it if you could treat me as a prospective convert. Tech me what I must do to be a good Muslim.

I would also like to take the opportunity to present my current view of God. I am a born again Christian. I grew up in a Christian home but never really understood much about God, although I was taught about him every week. So I have had roughly 30+ years of Christian teaching. But in my latter life I had a dream that if I did not accept Jesus as my savior I would end up in hell. I went out to church and that Sunday became a Christian.

After I became a Christian I had a few experiences where I felt God touch me. I got messed up in a bad relationship for which I blamed God, I left the faith for a time, and spent a lot of my time being confused about who God was. When I got interested in church again I felt like God would not forgive me for my sins, and I felt isolated and afraid. However every time I would go to a church people would give me one verse it was "I know the plans I think toward you says the Lord, plans for good and not evil to give you a future and a hope", this happened so often that I began to believe God was giving me this verse on purpose. It built faith in me, and I began to reach out to God again.

One Sunday a pastor came to the church and told me God was saying if I started to believe him he would begin to do some amazing things in my life. The week after this occured I was helping a friend paint a house, and their daughter came to visit. She had a bad back and had constant pain. So thinking back to what the pastor had said and knowing Jesus said to pray for the sick. I prayed for her and she was instantly healed, all pain left her body, and she never had anymore problem with her back.

I began to do preaching but never really understood the gospel message. But as the years progressed I got a good understanding of God. And he began to speak to me, showing me future events, as an example one morning God said to me "How would you like to be stabbed with a knife?", I had no idea why God would say that, but latter that day I met a man who had been stabbed with a knife. The man showed me scar marks where he had been attacked some years before. I asked this man out to church, he came out to church and became a Christian. God has spoken to me on many occassions, he once told me a famous person was about to die, a month latter they were killed in an accident. I also saw a man hitting his girlfriend, I did not know what to do, but I knew God could change his life. So I asked him out to church, when I turned up to get him he was nowhere to be seen. So I went up to another group of men and asked them out to church, they all left, but I man stayed and he said to me "Wait I will get my cousin", he went into the park and got a man to my suprise it was the man who had beaten his girlfriend. We both went out to church, and they both became Christians. This made me happy as I knew that the church would teach him not to beat women.

So a few year on I am still working for God and teaching people about the love and mercy of God. The bible says "God is love", that he delights in the prayers of his saints. He loves us, enjoys our prayers, and wants us to be blessed in every way.   

As an example of blessing in normal life Jesus told me a person who would allow me to marry them. I got to know the person he told me about. We like each other, and we got married. We are both very happy, and have a young son. I also have a job that I enjoy, working as a Website Designer.

To farther encourage blessing God did the following. One night I was praying that God would bless Christians. I went to bed and asked God if he had anything to tell me. All I saw was a picture of my mother. I did not know why he would show my mother. The very next morning my mother came to me and said "God gave me a verse for you as I was waking up", and she said to me God says "I will bless you because your soul prospers". So then I knew why I had seen my mother when I prayed asking God for a word. He wanted to use my mother. So I live daily with expectancy that God will do something Good.

So why am I here, well I know God, I know he is love. I know he is kind hearted and tender. I want to learn what you believe God is.

Replies:
Posted By: NABA
Date Posted: 21 April 2013 at 9:59pm
It feels so good that U want to know about Islam.first of all for any person to become a good Muslim,he should follow Qur'an and sayings of last prophet Muhammad S.A.W.as far as view about God is concerned,in ch 112 of Qur'an defines the concept of God I.e he is one,he is eternal,he is not born nor give birth,there is nothing like him.means Allah cannot b compared to anyone,there is no need to blame Allah for our troubles,because if U R a good Muslim U should also believe in this verse of Surah Al mulk ch 67 v 2-Allah has created life and death in order to test you.so this life is an exam for us.Allah cannot do any wrong nor lie which is mentioned in Surah Al Tahaa ch 20 v 52.If U do any wrong the only thing that U should do is repent,because Allah is most forgiving and merciful.in Islam the only unforgivable sin is shirk I.e worshipping besides Allah or associating partners with him.it is clearly mentioned in Surah An nisa ch 4 v 48 and 116-Allah may forgive any sin but not the sin of shirk.if U want more questions U R welcome.

Date Posted: 23 April 2013 at 1:56am
Hi,

As a Christian we believe that a person should live free from sin. That we should have no known sin in our lives. The general definition of sin is that anything that harms some one else is sin. The bible says God is love. That he loves people and does not want us to do anything to harm others.

What is your definition of sin, what is wrong for a Muslim to do?

Date Posted: 25 April 2013 at 9:30am

In Qur'an it is clearly mentioned Allah is merciful and forgiving,as we know Allah is the creator of everything on this world,its our duty to obey him and b grateful to him.whatever we do against the saying of Qur'an its a sin,eg consuming pork and alcohol is forbidden mentioned in Surah Al Maidah ch 5 v 90,if we go against it,it is a sin,then if U quarrel with ur parents it is a sin mentioned in surah Al isra ch 17 v 23-24,if we don't offer prayers five times a day it is a sin means we r going against Allah's commandment of Surah Al Tahaa ch 20 v 130.in Islam besides being a good human being one should also thank Allah and ask for forgiveness all the time in that way a person can b said to b free from sins.

Posted By: docbro
Date Posted: 26 April 2013 at 5:55am
Question:

I was wondering if Muslims feel like Allah loves them? Christianity is based on love - the love of God for His people and the love of Christ, who died for all, and the reciprocated love of Christians for their God. Is there any concept of such love in Islam? If so, can you explain it to me? And if not, what is Islam based on?

http://www.monthly-renaissance.com/issue/query.aspx?id=882

The Credibility of Christian Love

http://www.onislam.net/english/ask-about-islam/society-and-family/interfaith-issues/166127-the-credibility-of-christian-love.html

Posted By: Caringheart
Date Posted: 26 April 2013 at 10:39am
If I may jump in as a non-muslim.  For me sin is anything that harms us... both individually and as a whole unit. 
The definition of sin to me is anything that separates us from God and His blessings... His perfect plan and design.
I believe God gives us His Word to protect us from doing harm to ourselves... individually, and as a whole.
Like a loving Father He seeks to protect His children. Smile

-------------
Let us seek Truth together
Blessed be God forever
"I believe in Jesus as I believe in the sun... not because I see it, but because by it, I see everything else.: - C.S.Lewis

Date Posted: 27 April 2013 at 4:53am
Hi I am going to jump right in with something controversial, and I hope it does not stop conversation. I mentioned in my introduction that I once asked for God's help to prevent a man from hitting his girl friend. This man became a Christian, and Christians teach that a man should not hit his partner, but rather show love and service to them.

I am aware that the Quran teaches that a man can hit his wife, that if a wife is disobedient he may physically discipline her. As I have said previously I see sin as anything that harms another person. Hitting a person causes harm. If I have a disagreement with my wife, I try not to be angry, and just discuss my point of view. What is your view of physical discipline of a wife. 

Date Posted: 27 April 2013 at 7:37am
Sure Allah loves us because Allah has given human beings the free will to obey or disobey his commands.especially to his believers Allah through tests always teach them to do well in life.for eg If someone is very proud Allah teaches him by making him face a failure,in this way that individual will become more pious and come closer to Allah which will help him in entering paradise.in Surah Al Faatir ch 35 v 9-Allah is above all the needs it is for our betterment that we should prostrate in front of him so that we can recieve guidance and prosper.

Posted By: truthnowcome
Date Posted: 29 April 2013 at 12:51am
Peace my friend FutureAndHope, First you are most welcome here.

Now, let me just inform you that most people claimed to be Christian and come to this form for information and dialogue the are really not Christian; a true Christian do not attack Islam...to add, most of the time the start off the same way you are doing and I hope you are not one of them.

To say you know the Quran say man can hit his wife is and indication you are here to compare the Quran with the message of other scriptures, if this is the case let us know so we can reply appropriate.

Islam did teaches that but I think you look it up for your self how the Prophet (S) prescribe it to be done.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7cYbCgRJgs - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7cYbCgRJgs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y674CzB_uAo - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y674CzB_uAo

peace.

Br. zainool

-------------
LET'S SET THE RECORD STRAIGHT ONCE AND FOR ALL...NO MORE LIES!

Posted By: truthnowcome
Date Posted: 29 April 2013 at 2:58am
Originally posted by FutureAndAHope FutureAndAHope wrote:

Hi,

I am new to this forum and I would like to learn about your religion. I would appreciate it if you could treat me as a prospective convert. Tech me what I must do to be a good Muslim.

I would also like to take the opportunity to present my current view of God. I am a born again Christian. I grew up in a Christian home but never really understood much about God, although I was taught about him every week. So I have had roughly 30+ years of Christian teaching. But in my latter life I had a dream that if I did not accept Jesus as my savior I would end up in hell. I went out to church and that Sunday became a Christian.

After I became a Christian I had a few experiences where I felt God touch me. I got messed up in a bad relationship for which I blamed God, I left the faith for a time, and spent a lot of my time being confused about who God was. When I got interested in church again I felt like God would not forgive me for my sins, and I felt isolated and afraid. However every time I would go to a church people would give me one verse it was "I know the plans I think toward you says the Lord, plans for good and not evil to give you a future and a hope", this happened so often that I began to believe God was giving me this verse on purpose. It built faith in me, and I began to reach out to God again.

One Sunday a pastor came to the church and told me God was saying if I started to believe him he would begin to do some amazing things in my life. The week after this occured I was helping a friend paint a house, and their daughter came to visit. She had a bad back and had constant pain. So thinking back to what the pastor had said and knowing Jesus said to pray for the sick. I prayed for her and she was instantly healed, all pain left her body, and she never had anymore problem with her back.

I began to do preaching but never really understood the gospel message. But as the years progressed I got a good understanding of God. And he began to speak to me, showing me future events, as an example one morning God said to me "How would you like to be stabbed with a knife?", I had no idea why God would say that, but latter that day I met a man who had been stabbed with a knife. The man showed me scar marks where he had been attacked some years before. I asked this man out to church, he came out to church and became a Christian. God has spoken to me on many occassions, he once told me a famous person was about to die, a month latter they were killed in an accident. I also saw a man hitting his girlfriend, I did not know what to do, but I knew God could change his life. So I asked him out to church, when I turned up to get him he was nowhere to be seen. So I went up to another group of men and asked them out to church, they all left, but I man stayed and he said to me "Wait I will get my cousin", he went into the park and got a man to my suprise it was the man who had beaten his girlfriend. We both went out to church, and they both became Christians. This made me happy as I knew that the church would teach him not to beat women.

So a few year on I am still working for God and teaching people about the love and mercy of God. The bible says "God is love", that he delights in the prayers of his saints. He loves us, enjoys our prayers, and wants us to be blessed in every way.   

As an example of blessing in normal life Jesus told me a person who would allow me to marry them. I got to know the person he told me about. We like each other, and we got married. We are both very happy, and have a young son. I also have a job that I enjoy, working as a Website Designer.

To farther encourage blessing God did the following. One night I was praying that God would bless Christians. I went to bed and asked God if he had anything to tell me. All I saw was a picture of my mother. I did not know why he would show my mother. The very next morning my mother came to me and said "God gave me a verse for you as I was waking up", and she said to me God says "I will bless you because your soul prospers". So then I knew why I had seen my mother when I prayed asking God for a word. He wanted to use my mother. So I live daily with expectancy that God will do something Good.

So why am I here, well I know God, I know he is love. I know he is kind hearted and tender. I want to learn what you believe God is.

PEACE MY FRIEND!

I guess you only learn what you were told about your God and from what you are portraying is that your God is a loving God. Lets look at the more LOVING AND TENDER side of you God.

In revelation 19 Christians claims that is the coming of the Messiah to the church when it would be well prepared or established so let us take a look at it.

It mentioned:

Let us be glad and rejoice, and give honor to him: for the marriage of the Lamb is come, and his wife (the church) hath made herself ready. (Rev. 19:7) 

And to her (the church) was granted that she (the church) should be arrayed in fine linen, clean and white: for the fine linen is the righteousness of the saint. (Rev. 19:8)

That is to say Jesus (S) coming to the church and in 11-12 it says:

�And I saw heaven open, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called faithful and true.  And in righteousness he doth judge and make war. His eyes were as a flame of fire, and on his head were many crowns; and he had a name written, that no man knew, but he himself.� ( http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Revelation%2019:11-12&version=9 - )

He would be called faithful and true and he would judge and make war in righteousness. Is there any such thing as righteous war? What happen to the love?

And the armies which were in heaven followed him upon white horses, clothed in fine linen, white and clean. (Rev.19:14)

The armies which is in Heaven that upon white horses are those who were chosen, and the white horses are the bird that flies in midst of heaven; they together with the bird were call unto the marriage of the supper:

And he said unto me, Write, Bless are THEY which are called unto the MARRIAGE SUPPER of the Lamb. And he said unto me, These are the true saying of God. (Rev19:9)

And I saw an angel standing in the sun; and he cried with a loud voice, saying to all the FOWLS that flies in the midst of heaven come and gather yourself together unto the SUPPER of the Great God; that you may eat the flesh of kings, and the flesh of captains, and the flesh of mighty men, and the flesh of horses, and them that sit on them, and the flesh of all men, both free and bond, both small and great. (Rev.1917-18)

We have the saint and the fowls that fly in midst (Air) of heaven, they are called unto the marriage SUPPER to eat the flesh of kings, and the flesh of captains, and the flesh of mighty men, and the flesh of horses, and them that sit on them, and the flesh of all men, both free and bond, both small and great.  Which fowls or bird that flies in midst (Air) heaven can eat those people, feather bird or iron bird? ARE THEY (JESUS AND HIS SAINTS) REALLY GOING TO EAT THOSE PEOPLE OR KILL THEM, IT THAT LOVE OR MURDER? Please tell me more about that kind of love of your God.

BR. ZAINOOL

-------------
LET'S SET THE RECORD STRAIGHT ONCE AND FOR ALL...NO MORE LIES!

Posted By: honeto
Date Posted: 29 April 2013 at 3:29pm
Originally posted by FutureAndAHope FutureAndAHope wrote:

Hi,I am new to this forum and I would like to learn about your religion. I would appreciate it if you could treat me as a prospective convert. Tech me what I must do to be a good Muslim.I would also like to take the opportunity to present my current view of God. I am a born again Christian. I grew up in a Christian home but never really understood much about God, although I was taught about him every week. So I have had roughly 30+ years of Christian teaching. But in my latter life I had a dream that if I did not accept Jesus as my savior I would end up in hell. I went out to church and that Sunday became a Christian.After I became a Christian I had a few experiences where I felt God touch me. I got messed up in a bad relationship for which I blamed God, I left the faith for a time, and spent a lot of my time being confused about who God was. When I got interested in church again I felt like God would not forgive me for my sins, and I felt isolated and afraid. However every time I would go to a church people would give me one verse it was "I know the plans I think toward you says the Lord, plans for good and not evil to give you a future and a hope", this happened so often that I began to believe God was giving me this verse on purpose. It built faith in me, and I began to reach out to God again.One Sunday a pastor came to the church and told me God was saying if I started to believe him he would begin to do some amazing things in my life. The week after this occured I was helping a friend paint a house, and their daughter came to visit. She had a bad back and had constant pain. So thinking back to what the pastor had said and knowing Jesus said to pray for the sick. I prayed for her and she was instantly healed, all pain left her body, and she never had anymore problem with her back.I began to do preaching but never really understood the gospel message. But as the years progressed I got a good understanding of God. And he began to speak to me, showing me future events, as an example one morning God said to me "How would you like to be stabbed with a knife?", I had no idea why God would say that, but latter that day I met a man who had been stabbed with a knife. The man showed me scar marks where he had been attacked some years before. I asked this man out to church, he came out to church and became a Christian. God has spoken to me on many occassions, he once told me a famous person was about to die, a month latter they were killed in an accident. I also saw a man hitting his girlfriend, I did not know what to do, but I knew God could change his life. So I asked him out to church, when I turned up to get him he was nowhere to be seen. So I went up to another group of men and asked them out to church, they all left, but I man stayed and he said to me "Wait I will get my cousin", he went into the park and got a man to my suprise it was the man who had beaten his girlfriend. We both went out to church, and they both became Christians. This made me happy as I knew that the church would teach him not to beat women.So a few year on I am still working for God and teaching people about the love and mercy of God. The bible says "God is love", that he delights in the prayers of his saints. He loves us, enjoys our prayers, and wants us to be blessed in every way.� � As an example of blessing in normal life Jesus told me a person who would allow me to marry them. I got to know the person he told me about. We like each other, and we got married. We are both very happy, and have a young son. I also have a job that I enjoy, working as a Website Designer. To farther encourage blessing God did the following. One night I was praying that God would bless Christians. I went to bed and asked God if he had anything to tell me. All I saw was a picture of my mother. I did not know why he would show my mother. The very next morning my mother came to me and said "God gave me a verse for you as I was waking up", and she said to me God says "I will bless you because your soul prospers". So then I knew why I had seen my mother when I prayed asking God for a word. He wanted to use my mother. So I live daily with expectancy that God will do something Good.So why am I here, well I know God, I know he is love. I know he is kind hearted and tender. I want to learn what you believe God is.

Welcome truth seeker,
I hope you find the truth you seek. What you wrote is not new. I heard this kind of stories before, sometimes pretty pretty similar to what you wrote.
God works through miracles among all the people, even among the fire worshipers. That is because we all have an appointed time and opportunity in this life and God provided opportunity to all. Once we take our last breath, accountability starts and the real fruit of what we say, believe and do start to appear and will stay with us forever. The bad thing is that once we leave this life, we cannot come back in it, to fix if we did wrong. The good thing is that those of us who truly believed in God and followed the logic and truth by using God given capabilities, instructions from HIm and firmly believed that God has power of over ALL, Forgiving, God is Just and that God will carry out Justice to the tinniest detail.

I am surprised that you, instead of first understanding God, jump on the issue that distracts it, the wife beating issue as a point to discount our belief. You will understand it only after your belief about who God is becomes clear, pure and true. Only then you can build anything else, like faith. If you do not know who God is how can you build a true relationship and faith? So I will say to learn first and understood who God is? What accountability means? What is God's Justice?, Why are we here?

Sometimes people praying to idols and false gods get their requests fulfilled, so do those who do not believe in God at all. That does not prove anything. And by the way a few years back someone approached me and said the same that you wrote, he even went further to say that God talks to him and had conversations with him (his breath was smelling like he had been drinking). I posed him a question and asked him to bring me an answer when he have his next conversation with "God". The guy never appeared again.

Only God knows the unknown.
I am a Muslim and this post shows my belief to your questions and comments.

May God guide those of us who seek Him in truth.
One more thing I would say before leaving is that a true believer, one who truly submits him/herself to God is not afraid to express His intentions to others which God already knows. In other words he/she do not intend a thing which is not inline with God's teachings i.e. saying something else while intending something different for the purpose of misguiding or deceiving others.
As Muslims and Christians we share a lot of similar goals in life, and I can tell you that I have good Christians as friends, we share goodness each have to offer, we impress each other with what good teachings our beliefs teach us. But if you are going to tell me that God is a Trinity, or God has a Son, or that Jesus is God, you will find me passionately polite, rock solid firm and clear as a crystal that those may be your beliefs but they have no truth in them and for a Muslim they are BLASPHEMOUS to God and contrary to the belief in Oneness of God. Not even an iota of such blasphemy will God forgive according to the Quran, and Oneness of God was always what God taught through all of His prophets, including Noah, Moses, David, and Jesus (God's peace be upon them all).
Hasan

-------------
The friends of God will certainly have nothing to fear, nor will they be grieved. Al Quran 10:62

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2019 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net