Forum Description: General Discussion
URL: https://www.islamicity.org/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=25044
Printed Date: 20 April 2024 at 2:32am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: What is luck
Posted By: NABA
Subject: What is luck
Date Posted: 23 March 2013 at 9:29am
Assalamalecum WA rehmatullahi WA barakhatahu.there is a great misconception about luck.so many people depend only on so called luck and never do hard work,instead they believe in those frauds that claim to c future.but Allah clearly mentions in Surah Al Ra'ad ch 13 v 11 Allah will not change the situations of those who do not want to change themselves.Allah mentions the importance of hard work,in Surah Al Ankaboot ch 29 v 69-if U strive in way of Allah,Allah will open pathway for U.so believe in Allah and do hard work,as our beloved Prophet Muhammad S.A.W(pbuh) said believe in Allah but also tie ur camel.Allahfiz

Replies:
Posted By: Nemart
Date Posted: 24 March 2013 at 8:18am
Dont know exactly what luck is. But sometimes it plays an impotant role in life

Date Posted: 24 March 2013 at 9:58am
No,there is nothing like luck,its Allah who is behind everything,as mentioned in Surah Al Imran ch 3 v 54-Allah is the best planner,in Surah Al Imran ch 3 v 160-if Allah is with u nobody can foresake you and if Allah foresakes u there is who that will save u.

Posted By: W.S.
Date Posted: 25 March 2013 at 11:55am
Originally posted by NABA NABA wrote:

Assalamalecum WA rehmatullahi WA barakhatahu.there is a great misconception about luck.so many people depend only on so called luck and never do hard work,instead they believe in those frauds that claim to c future.
And who are these people? What frauds are you talking about?
Quote but Allah clearly mentions in Surah Al Ra'ad ch 13 v 11 Allah will not change the situations of those who do not want to change themselves.

What about people who don't believe in God and change their situations through hard work, with the help of friends etc.? An atheist can work himself up in a company, win the lottery or quit doing drugs.
Quote Allah mentions the importance of hard work,in Surah Al Ankaboot ch 29 v 69-if U strive in way of Allah,Allah will open pathway for U.so believe in Allah and do hard work,as our beloved Prophet Muhammad S.A.W(pbuh) said believe in Allah but also tie ur camel.Allahfiz

Working hard is seen as worth aiming at in most of the world, isn't it?

Date Posted: 26 March 2013 at 9:32am
these frauds are those who claim to predict future by watching your hands or through signs etc.as far as an athiest is concern look the real reward we will get in the hereafter,there are so many people who who do wrong things and lead a peaceful life and also die peacefully,it doesn't mean that their luck was good,Allah will give them their result in hereafter because as mentioned in Surah An Nisa ch 4 v 40-Allah is never unjust even in the least degree.and when U do hard work U may not get result in this world but U will get reward in hereafter,because it is mentioned in Surah Al Asra ch 103 v 1-3-Allah says man is in state of loss except those who follow four things-having faith,doing good deeds,resorting people to truth(Dawaah),resorting people to hard work and patience.the fourth thing can b done only by setting example I.e doing hard work yourself and b patient.Allahfiz

Date Posted: 27 March 2013 at 8:16am

these frauds are those who claim to predict future by watching your hands or through signs etc.
So this common is India? I didn't know.

as far as an athiest is concern look the real reward we will get in the hereafter,there are so many people who who do wrong things and lead a peaceful life and also die peacefully,it doesn't mean that their luck was good,Allah will give them their result in hereafter
That's what a believing Muslim thinks, yes. What "wrong things" are you referring to?

because as mentioned in Surah An Nisa ch 4 v 40-Allah is never unjust even in the least degree.
Then why do so much misery befall so many innocent people around the world?

and when U do hard work U may not get result in this world but U will get reward in hereafter,because it is mentioned in Surah Al Asra ch 103 v 1-3-Allah says man is in state of loss except those who follow four things-having faith,doing good deeds,resorting people to truth(Dawaah),resorting people to hard work and patience.the fourth thing can b done only by setting example I.e doing hard work yourself and b patient.Allahfiz

NABA, what do you think of non-Muslims in general? Do you know any?

Date Posted: 28 March 2013 at 7:20am
yes in India it is very common for eg they say if u change ur birthday from 13 to 14th then u will b successful etc,there are infinite examples.wrong things such as robbery,cheating,rape,unfair rules by government for eg selection in institutes on the basis of caste system which is forbidden in Islam.Surah An Nisa ch 4 v 40,refers that Allah will not b unjust on judgement day,because those innocent people who are suffering are serving a test as mentioned in Surah Al Mulk ch 67 v 2-Allah has created life and death to test us.this life is a test for hereafter.i didn't understand ur last question related to this topic.

Date Posted: 28 March 2013 at 9:35am
I somehow got the impression that you were referring to non-Muslims when you wrote that so many peolpe do this and that. Maybe you were referring to other Muslims? There are good people and there are bad people of all faiths.

As much as I dislike the caste system, I read that over 80 % of the Indian population is Hindu.

Date Posted: 30 March 2013 at 11:27pm
no I m not referring to non Muslims.what is 786?.so many Muslims consider 786 as lucky,but there is no verse regarding this number in Qur'an and hadith.i hate caste system because in surah Al Imran ch 3 v 103-Allah says that he had provide a rope(Qur'an) and we have to hold it together.in Surah Al Anam ch 6 v 159-Allah is addressing to prophet Muhammad S.A.W to cut off terms with those who make castes,Allah will punish them in hereafter.these verses signifies not to make castes.

Date Posted: 31 March 2013 at 3:02am
If some people consider that number lucky I don't see any harm in it. Maybe they don't want to be religious robots who are unable to think outside of the box.
And if the Quran advocated the caste system, then I suppose you'd love it (?).

Date Posted: 04 April 2013 at 12:43am
every unbeliever will enter hell.this is mentioned in Surah Al Qaf ch 50 v 24,my job here in this forum is to convey message of Qur'an.u say religious robot I say them as believer.moreover don't think about if and buts,because it is mentioned in surah Al nahl ch 16 v 61,If Allah would want he could have punish us even for small sins we do,this shows how merciful he is,so don't talk about if in relation to Qur'an.in this forum I implement the following verse-Surah Al Ghaashiyah ch 88 v 21-22-that our job is to convey the message Its Allah who will bring the change in the people.

Date Posted: 04 April 2013 at 4:04am

every unbeliever will enter hell.this is mentioned in Surah Al Qaf ch 50 v 24,

Where's the mercy in that? If a person doesn't believe it's because God has sealed that person's heart, isn't that so? Maybe you'd like to have faith but just don't.

my job here in this forum is to convey message of Qur'an.u say religious robot I say them as believe.
Which brings me to one of my biggest problems with Islam: the question of certainty. In Islam, as I understand it, you have to be certain, but how can you be certain about something you couldn't possibly know? You can't! Claiming that you are right and everyone else (atheists and people of other religions) are wrong, is nothing but pure arrogance, which in turn is a sin or at least a very objectionable thing in Islam.

moreover don't think about if and buts,because it is mentioned in surah Al nahl ch 16 v 61,If Allah would want he could have punish us even for small sins we do,this shows how merciful he is,

I don't see what that has to do with it. It's not a crime to ask questions and to talk.

so don't talk about if in relation to Qur'an.

Yes, that's what we should do! We should ask questions, ponder, talk, discuss. The Quran tells you to think, doesn't it? Islam should not be reduced to an ideology of fear, silence and blind obedience. You may have heard of ijtihad? Islam's own tradition of dissenting, reasoning and reinterpreting. I'm not saying I have the answer as to how this should be done, but I have a feeling that it needs to happen.

in this forum I implement the following verse-Surah Al Ghaashiyah ch 88 v 21-22-that our job is to convey the message Its Allah who will bring the change in the people.

Convey all you want! You're as free to refer to chapters and verses as I am to question them.

Date Posted: 04 April 2013 at 8:42am
look, Allah has given us free will to worship or not to worship him.U can't say Allah has sealed one's heart,as far as certainty is concerned,if one implements the verses of Qur'an in his life,he will be the most loveable person on earth.for eg it is mentioned in Surah Al Maidah ch 5 v 90-says we should not drink alcohol or intoxicants,if one practice this he will b free from diseases.mentioned in surah Al hujurat ch 49 v 11-12-backbiting is forbidden,if one practice this there will be less chances of quarrel.i m not claiming that I m right others are wrong.moreover I m impressed with ur view that yes U should ask questions.so your views are always welcomed brother.

Date Posted: 06 April 2013 at 11:02am

look, Allah has given us free will to worship or not to worship him.U can't say Allah has sealed one's heart

I forget where I read that exactly, I'll have to get back to you on that one. However, I'm pretty sure the Quran says that God guides who he wants and that not everyone receives his guidance.

as far as certainty is concerned,if one implements the verses of Qur'an in his life,he will be the most loveable person on earth.
I'm sure that some people manage to do this.

for eg it is mentioned in Surah Al Maidah ch 5 v 90-says we should not drink alcohol or intoxicants,if one practice this he will b free from diseases.

If only that were true.

Posted By: nospam001
Date Posted: 06 April 2013 at 3:16pm
Originally posted by W.S. W.S. wrote:

look, Allah has given us free will to worship or not to worship him.U can't say Allah has sealed one's heart
I forget where I read that exactly, I'll have to get back to you on that one.
For more on the same theme, see topics forum_posts.asp?TID=24137&PID=172472#172472 - What is this "something else"? and forum_posts.asp?TID=24611&PID=173043#173043 - The Final Hurdle of becoming a Muslim is .

-------------
God has the right to remain silent. For His advocates, however, each resigned shrug is a missed opportunity to win new converts.

Date Posted: 07 April 2013 at 3:02am
Originally posted by nospam001 nospam001 wrote:

I forget where I read that exactly, I'll have to get back to you on that one.
For more on the same theme, see topics http://www.islamicity.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=24137&PID=172472#172472 - What is this "something else"? and http://www.islamicity.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=24611&PID=173043#173043 - The Final Hurdle of becoming a Muslim is .
Yup! I've been reading posts. Both interesting and entertaining at times. It's frustrating when believers make it sound as if you can choose to believe in God. You either believe or you don't! It's not like you can decide to start believing in God and accept the Quran as the word of God (or whichever religion might be in question), because that would be deluding yourself. Whether one believes in God or not obviously has to do with psychological and social reasons.

Posted By: nospam001
Date Posted: 07 April 2013 at 4:11pm

It's frustrating when believers make it sound as if you can choose to believe in God. You either believe or you don't!
Maybe 'belief' is simply the conscious decision to stop asking questions. In that sense, it's a choice thing. There are plenty of mundane things I choose not to question in daily life. Like gravity, for instance. But to go from lazy or wilful ignorance to a state of dogmatic certainty is another thing entirely. That takes continuous effort. I'm reminded (again) of the following quote from Douglas Adams.

�The Electric Monk was a labour-saving device, like a dishwasher or a video recorder... Electric Monks believed things for you, thus saving you what was becoming an increasingly onerous task, that of believing all the things the world expected you to believe.�
- Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency 1987.

-------------
God has the right to remain silent. For His advocates, however, each resigned shrug is a missed opportunity to win new converts.

Posted By: Matt Browne
Date Posted: 21 April 2013 at 3:20am
Superstition is fairly common among nonbelievers and believers of all religions alike. It's a worldwide phenomenon. The best medicine against it is higher education and endorsing the values of the Age of Enlightenment.

Luck is the occurrence of an unlikely event. Suppose you got 2 dice and you roll them once. You win when you throw 6 and 6. So when you do, you are lucky, because the likelihood is only 1/36.

-------------
A religion that's intolerant of other religions can't be the world's best religion --Abdel Samad
Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people--Eleanor Roosevelt

Date Posted: 22 April 2013 at 7:49am
@matt Browne,no that's not luck its Allah who is behind this,as it is said even a leaf can't fall without the permission of Allah.

Date Posted: 24 April 2013 at 6:59am
Einstein was wrong. Allah does play dice. Otherwise we can't explain quantum mechanics. God built probabilities into his natural laws.

-------------
A religion that's intolerant of other religions can't be the world's best religion --Abdel Samad
Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people--Eleanor Roosevelt

Date Posted: 25 April 2013 at 9:35am
it was Allah who give wisdom,because we all know Einstein was a below average student in fact he was one of the most weak students in his classroom.if he could have believe in his school grades he could have never become what he was,as rightly said Allah is the best planner(Surah Al Imran ch 3 v 54).

Date Posted: 26 April 2013 at 1:59am

if he could have believe in his school grades he could have never become what he was

How do you figure that?

Date Posted: 26 April 2013 at 9:04am
because there was a chapter in my English books in which Einstein ridicules about the education system,well the whole world knows that Einstein was below average student.

Date Posted: 27 April 2013 at 2:13am

because there was a chapter in my English books in which Einstein ridicules about the education system,well the whole world knows that Einstein was below average student.

I just don't see what his school grades have to do with what he later accomplished.

Date Posted: 28 April 2013 at 2:14am

Your English book got it all wrong. In Switzerland 6 is the best grade and 4 is still good. Many Americans think that 6 means F and 4 means D. Wrong! Einstein was an above average student.

Einstein was a very good student, in fact, both in elementary school and high school. Look at his grade sheet:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Albert_Einstein#Early_life_and_education - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Albert_Einstein#Early_life_and_education

-------------

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2019 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net