Forum Description: Asia-Pacific
URL: https://www.islamicity.org/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=2476
Printed Date: 25 April 2024 at 1:01am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Secular India, Country No. 1
Posted By: irshad_m
Subject: Secular India, Country No. 1
Date Posted: 04 October 2005 at 2:30am
I had read sevral posts in this forum and many Muslims are spreading sevral misguided information in this forum about India, I would like to clear all that and tell why I LOVE MY COUNTRY INDIA.

First, of all proof why india is secular and why Indians love Muslims opossed to what is suggested by some int his forum:

1). Indian Prime-Minister Manmohan Singh is a Sikh (a small percentage of Indian population)

2). Indian President is a Muslim.

3). Top three Indian Film Actors are Muslim loved by the whole country (the three Khans of Film Industry)

4). And above all in the recent TV Show 'Fame Gurukul' on SONY TV, Qazi Taukir a Muslim boy from Kashmir is saved 9th time by Public SMS Vote despite being the worst singer from the start of the show (He himself tells he is not a singer and want to be a actor). NOW THAT CLEARLY MEANS INDIAN DOES NOT HATE MUSLIMS.

5) 95% of my VERY GOOD FRIENDS are HINDU, and my best among them can DIE for me and I for them.

However, there are some hardcore hindus and muslims which are the core to the problem in some areas. But those are the ppl who are frustated because of there problems and they take advantage of Religion to coverup their problems, there are some posters in this forum commenting about Poor Roads and facilities in India, I ask them is this a particular problem to Muslims its same for all Indians and what about Pakistan a ISLAMIC Country, they have worst facilities then us, take example of Kashmir compare the Indian part of Kashmir with that of POK , Indian side is much more developed.

Somebody also claimed Muslims don't get chance to study and get good positions/jobs, My friends study depends on you nobody is stopping you to do that, and as far as job its a problem of who deserves their are many Hindus and SC castes claiming the same that they dont get Jobs because of this and that (even after having reservation for backward casts they complain), I am muslim an Gradute in Computers and My father is a Principal and a Central govt. School.

Don't Expect from your country, Give to it.

-------------
Irshad Memon

Replies:
Posted By: aslam
Date Posted: 04 October 2005 at 5:42am

Quote I had read sevral posts in this forum and many Muslims are spreading sevral misguided information in this forum about India, I would like to clear all that and tell why I LOVE MY COUNTRY INDIA.

I don't know.

But I mostly agree with you in the rest of your post. But keep in mind situation can  greatly swing out of control very quickly. Only few years before the Partition, Hindus and Muslims were known to be living in great amity with each other in the state of Punjab. Still, very violent riots occured there at the time of Partition.

-------------
To be, or not to be: that is the question:
Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer
The slings and arrows of outrageous fortune,
Or to take arms against a sea of troubles

Date Posted: 04 October 2005 at 7:00am

Quote 5) 95% of my VERY GOOD FRIENDS are HINDU, and my best among them can DIE for me and I for them.

Oh, really!!!

-------------

Posted By: Dayem
Date Posted: 04 October 2005 at 7:19am

whyI LOVE MY COUNTRY INDIA.

But how can u love a country, I mean a country is only a piece of land!How can one have love for land?U can love or hate a person, but if u start loving and hating a country, there will be problems:U c, there r both type of people in one piece of land :Good as well as Bad.

See, Im not saying anything against India, I meself am proud to be Indian, but ur examples were'nt good.

1). Indian Prime-Minister Manmohan Singh is a Sikh (a small percentage of Indian population)

Yah but Sonia made em PM, didnt she?And very clever of her, u know.Otherwise BJP would hv been shouting there throat sore against the videshi(foreign) women.

2). Indian President is a Muslim.

Hmmm, what r the powers of president in India?Nearer to none.Perhaps thats why he is the third muslim prez.,not first.Also, he made news when he went to offer Juma prayer bout a yr back......

3). Top three Indian Film Actors are Muslim loved by the whole country (the three Khans of Film Industry)

FILMS?????DID U SAY FILMS?The question is:Are muslim allowed to watch films, forget take part in it?Anyway, u call these three khans to be muslim.Muslim gives me a man with the impression of a pious old man prostrating in Mosque.But these Khans r muslim only by name I think.SALMAN KHAN:Usually in news for newer and newer charge of assault, charges include killing 4 people sleeping in footpath.SHARUKH KHAN:Had married a hindu, children r half hindu half muslim.AAMIR KHAN:Dunno much bout him.

Any way, never had I heard of any one of these three going to mosque, forget Juma prayer.

4). And above all in the recent TV Show 'Fame Gurukul' on SONY TV, Qazi Taukir a Muslim boy from Kashmir is saved 9th time by Public SMS Vote despite being the worst singer from the start of the show (He himself tells he is not a singer and want to be a actor). NOW THAT CLEARLY MEANS INDIAN DOES NOT HATE MUSLIMS.

I believe ur under misconception bro., people vote him because of his GREAT hairstyle and COOL looks.

5) 95% of my VERY GOOD FRIENDS are HINDU, and my best among them can DIE for me and I for them.

Most of my friend are Hindu as well, but they keep abusing doing things which I dont have any heart to write.More or less, there motto is :Life is short and Enjoy ur life.Becoz they dont believe in hereafter they may employ a sitution for there selfish intrest.As aslam here puts it, "situation can  greatly swing out of control very quickly".

ppl who are frustated because of there problems and they take advantage of Religion to coverup their problems,

Truth.

there are some posters in this forum commenting about Poor Roads and facilities in India

Though i hv not seen this post, if it is true, then it is the worst case of narrow mindness one can expect frm muslim.

I ask them is this a particular problem to Muslims its same for all Indians and what about Pakistan a ISLAMIC Country, they have worst facilities then us, take example of Kashmir compare the Indian part of Kashmir with that of POK , Indian side is much more developed.

Who told u pakistan is an islamic country?Pakistan is a democratic country with no trace of sharia rules.And u cant make fun of poorness of a region.It is Allah(swt) who created us in rich or poor place. We r all equal in the eyes of Allah(swt).

Somebody also claimed Muslims don't get chance to study and get good positions/jobs, My friends study depends on you nobody is stopping you to do that, and as far as job its a problem of who deserves their are many Hindus and SC castes claiming the same that they dont get Jobs because of this and that (even after having reservation for backward casts they complain), I am muslim an Gradute in Computers and My father is a Principal and a Central govt. School.

This claim of 'somebody' is also wrong.True enough, poor may find it dificult to study what with high fees and all, but that includes both Hindu and Muslim.

Don't Expect from your country, Give to it.

Or:Don't expect from your country, give income-tax to it".

Rather,"Dont expect from ur country, expect from Allah(swt)".

Thanx,

Dayem.

-------------
"the mooslims! they're heeere!"
LOONWATCH.COM

Posted By: beloved
Date Posted: 07 October 2005 at 6:30am
Loved your post Irshad.  It just gives me a sense of love which exists against the sense of hatred which chauvinists want to create.

Date Posted: 13 October 2005 at 11:43pm

Quote Most of my friend are Hindu as well, but they keep abusing doing things which I dont have any heart to write.

Your experience is typical of Muslims living with Hindus (i.e, those who don't live in Muslim locality).

Quote More or less, there motto is :Life is short and Enjoy ur life.Becoz they dont believe in hereafter they may employ a sitution for there selfish intrest.As aslam here puts it, "situation can  greatly swing out of control very quickly".

That is being oversimplistic. During the Civil War in Bosnia, it has been reported that Muslims women were raped by their non-muslim neighbours and that can happen in India, too. Irrespective of whether we deserved to be blamed for it or not, we (Muslims) associate ourselves more strongly to our religion than others; this creates lot of distrust among other non-muslims with whom we live.

The  cause is actually more related to us. That is the price we will have to pay for following our religion.

Aslam.

-------------

Date Posted: 14 October 2005 at 7:16am

As salam u alaikum wa rah mutullah wabar ka tuhu,

Hey Aslam!I thought u lived in Pakistan?Are u all rite, I mean after the recent Quake?

Any way, ur rite in saying "it has been reported that Muslims women were raped by their non-muslim neighbours and that can happen in India, too", in fact this HAD happened in the recent riot in Gujrat.

was salam,

Dayem.

-------------
LOONWATCH.COM

Posted By: khalid
Date Posted: 16 October 2005 at 10:14pm

Asslaam wa alaikum brother irshad

plz see http://www.islamicity.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=744&PN=1&TPN=4 - http://www.islamicity.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=744& PN=1&TPN=4

May Allah Swt guide us all to the path HE has sent His Noble prophets and last Prophet Mohammed SAW

AAMEEN

WASSALAAM

KHALID

Posted By: Justin N
Date Posted: 25 October 2005 at 6:10pm

Quote FILMS?????DID U SAY FILMS?The question is:Are muslim allowed to watch films, forget take part in it?

R u claiming that Muslims are denied tickets @ movie theaters??? 

Who is stopping them???

Quote SHARUKH KHAN:Had married a hindu, children r half hindu half muslim.AAMIR KHAN:Dunno much bout him.

So....Ur opinion is... a person i married to a non-muslim, so he is no longer muslim?  Where did u get that??? 

Quote Muslim gives me a man with the impression of a pious old man prostrating in Mosque.

That would mean that only about 20% of the Muslim Population are Muslims. Do u do that?

Also, I'm sure Bin Laden would fit in that discription. Is he a Muslim??

One more thing....Pakistan is a democratic nation with no sign of Islamic laws??

What is it's stance on Gay Marraiges?

-------------
Please don't take anything I say offencivly, as I don't mean any disrespect.

Date Posted: 25 October 2005 at 6:12pm

Aslam wrote: "Still, very violent riots occured there at the time of Partition."

Started by both the Hindus and Muslims.

-------------

Date Posted: 25 October 2005 at 11:47pm

Quote R u claiming that Muslims are denied tickets @ movie theaters??? 

Do u know the basics of Islam?dos and donts innit?No?But at least u must be knowing 'what they show in films'?At least here in India?And mostly, the people who watch it, r hoodwinked, and think that everything is movie.It is undesirable for a muslim.

And who is stopping them?Hah, it would have been great if someone would have-so that 'muslims' stop commiting sin.

So....Ur opinion is... a person i married to a non-muslim, so he is no longer muslim?  Where did u get that??? 

Did I say that?Read again.They cant be muslim because they dont go to pray.They r too busy doing 'that'-and the thing 'that' is a sin.

That would mean that only about 20% of the Muslim Population are Muslims. Do u do that?

Less than 20% dear.Most of us are muslim by name.

Also, I'm sure Bin Laden would fit in that discription. Is he a Muslim??

If Osama bin Laden follows the teaching of Qur'an and Sunnah of the prophet(PBUH) then he jolly well is a muslim.And dont give-wha??!But he blew the trade centre!!-because there aint any proof YET.

One more thing....Pakistan is a democratic nation with no sign of Islamic laws??

So?What does it matter if Pakistan is a muslim or democratic country?We were discussing India, I thought.Or did u took it for granted that I support Pakistan?(exception=in cricket).Once again, its the people which counts-the goverment.(they have cool players in cricket!)Goverment can be good or bad.If today it is bad, tommorow it may change to good.Got me?

Quote What is it's stance on Gay Marraiges?

As, unfortunately, it dosnt have an Islamic Goverment, Gays are not actually forbidden.As a result, people has gone bold and few month ago we heard of the first gay marriage in pakistan.Anyway, if found, they r liable to punishment.

I dont know much about Pakistan, neither am intrested, ask me bout India only.

"Please don't take anything I say offencivly, as I don't mean any disrespect."-More than provoking, ur statement is more amusing.

-------------
LOONWATCH.COM

Date Posted: 10 November 2005 at 6:53pm

Bro! or Sis!

U sound like a fanatic!! There is no proof that binladen blew the trade center up? He's agreed it to himself, read the papers.  Jeez man! Maybe there are a lot of radicals in India who call themselves muslims.

Quote As, unfortunately, it dosnt have an Islamic Goverment, Gays are not actually forbidden.As a result, people has gone bold and few month ago we heard of the first gay marriage in pakistan.

Liable to punishment? Why? Gay Marraiges in Pak is a bold, and huge step towards true Democracy. Pakistan is actually modernizing!

Quote "Please don't take anything I say offencivly, as I don't mean any disrespect."-More than provoking, ur statement is more amusing.

The fact that you posted that shows that you were somehow offended and felt the need to say something against me.  

Quote Hah, it would have been great if someone would have-so that 'muslims' stop commiting sin.

By entertaining themselves??

What was wrong with SRK btw? I forget what u said.

Regards.

-------------

Date Posted: 11 November 2005 at 9:26am

Bro! or Sis!

Bro here.

U sound like a fanatic!! There is no proof that binladen blew the trade center up? He's agreed it to himself, read the papers.  Jeez man! Maybe there are a lot of radicals in India who call themselves muslims.

U sound like a kiddie; how old r u?

He agreed to it himself?And what is the proof?Those video released by Al-Jazeera?Just after these video were released, a website claimed that the video was fake.It was later closed down(or moved).It showed a picture of the osama and the 'fake' osama of the video(needless to say with lots of difference).

http://www.everything2.com/index.pl?node_id=1160623 - http://www.everything2.com/index.pl?node_id=1160623

This site claimed that Jews attack the wtc.Proof?Almost 4000 jews who work there were absent that day.

Of course, I may be wrong, it is possible that a poor man frm Afganistan did ACTUALLY attacked the trade centre, stranger things have happened in this earth.But we cant be sure.So let us face it:It could be thee truth or it might be wrong.There is, and will, always remain a suspicion.How should a muslim react to it??Quoting from Qur'an:

O ye who believe! Avoid suspicion as much (as possible): for suspicion in some cases is a sin: And spy not on each other behind their backs. Would any of you like to eat the flesh of his dead brother? Nay, ye would abhor it...But fear Allah: For Allah is Oft-Returning, Most Merciful.

On the day of judgement, Allah(swt) is not going to ask me if Osama is a muslim or not.Repeating what I earlier:If Osama bin Laden follows the teaching of Qur'an and Sunnah of the prophet(PBUH) then he jolly well is a muslim.Got it?

Liable to punishment? Why? Gay Marraiges in Pak is a bold, and huge step towards true Democracy. Pakistan is actually modernizing!

Once again, a bit loudly this time:I DONT CARE ONE HELL FOR WHATEVER PAKISTAN DO.U might be right, i dunno much bout pakistan.What does it matter?If things like this actually takes place there then be assured, if not in this life, the guilty party will be punished in hereafter.And plz dont talk bout gayz; everytime i hear the word, i get a nausea.

The fact that you posted that shows that you were somehow offended and felt the need to say something against me.  

I did felt a-need-to-say-something-against-you, but I was not offended.I am used to side rearks, but this was the first time someone has put 'dont take any thing offencively,....' and I thought it was ACTUALLY amusing; or so it looked to me.Anyway, I take it back.

Sorry, didnt gt u.

[QUOTE]

What was wrong with SRK btw? I forget what u said.[QUOTE]

Srk?Oh THAT srk?Why he is a very pious muslim amn, he offer 5 times salat(prayer) and read Qur'an regulerly and is a preacher at mosque, dont u know?

(plz dont miss the sarcasm).

Regards and beat wishes,

Dayem.

-------------
LOONWATCH.COM

Date Posted: 11 November 2005 at 2:40pm

Is Homosexuality actually banned in the Kuran?

Quote Of course, I may be wrong, it is possible that a poor man frm Afganistan did ACTUALLY attacked the trade centre,.

Wha...???   A poor man in afghanistan? He is a heir to millions and millions of currency in Saudi Arabia!! Why did his family, and the Saudi Arabian Govt disown him?? Why is he on the wanted list in Saudi Arabia itself? There is footage of him firing AK -47's with his friends in the Al quida, he was interviewd by a reporter, and in that interview he claimed responcibility to many other terrorist attacks around the globe. (This was before 9/11.) 

What more proof do u want?  

What's this?? Jews attacked the WTC now?  That's right! Put the blame on the poor Jew!  They didnt' come to work because some how all the Jews in the world have some interconnection, where they all know what is happening when, planned by who!  

Did u check their sources? Where did they get the attendance report?  

Regarding SRK,

Enough with the humor. U know who I"m talking about. The actor! Why do u have agianst him? Why isn't he a muslim?

-------------

Date Posted: 12 November 2005 at 7:00am

Quote Is Homosexuality actually banned in the Kuran?

Have u read Qur'an?Qur'an 23:1-7,

Sura - 23 The Believers (Al-Mu'minun)
Order Of Revelation 74, Verses: 118

[23:0] In the name of God, Most Gracious, Most Merciful

[23:1] Successful indeed are the believers;

[23:2] who are reverent during their Contact Prayers (Salat).

[23:3] And they avoid vain talk.

[23:4] And they give their obligatory charity (Zakat).

[23:5] And they maintain their chastity.

[23:6] Only with their spouses, or those who are rightfully theirs, do they have sexual relations; they are not to be blamed.

[23:7] Those who transgress these limits are the transgressors.

Quote Wha...???   A poor man in afghanistan? He is a heir to millions and millions of currency in Saudi Arabia!! Why did his family, and the Saudi Arabian Govt disown him?? Why is he on the wanted list in Saudi Arabia itself? There is footage of him firing AK -47's with his friends in the Al quida, he was interviewd by a reporter, and in that interview he claimed responcibility to many other terrorist attacks around the globe. (This was before 9/11.) 

Actually, he is a poor man.ur r right, he has millions of riyals deposited safely at bank in Saudi Arabia,but he is wanted there.He cant collect a penny out of his account.And he was wanted in saudi arabia even before the trade centre attack.so he couldnt have collected money for the assingment of blowing WTC.

He is on the wanted list of Saudi Arabia because he is wanted in UsA.Saudi Arabia, the so called 'most islamic' country actually is a slave of US.It do actually what the Ameerikies expect it to.Bechare, they dont have there own mind.For ex-It didnt-or avoided-commenting on the Wars of Iraq and Afganistan.Just as I dont care for Pakistan, I dont care for Arab world.

The footage could easily have fake.Use ur common sense dear,if he did give an interview claiming to be responsible for othher terrorist attacks, y didnt the police arrested him there only?But no, like a smart Alec, he dodge the police, didnt he?

Let me add, I fully apperetiate that I might be wrong.I cant get far commenting on suspicions.Again, it is only 50-50 both way.

What more proof do u want?  

Where there is 100% chance of his involvement.

Quote What's this?? Jews attacked the WTC now?

Not now, but it is highly possible, almost 50% possible, that Jews did attacked the WTC on 11th Sep., 2001.

Quote That's right! Put the blame on the poor Jew!

LOL!Now that is humane.....did u actually thought twice before putting the blame on (actually!)poor musalman?No?Just like u can have suspicion on poor muslims, I can have suspicion on Jews.Got it?(PN>but only suspicion).

Quote They didnt' come to work because some how all the Jews in the world have some interconnection, where they all know what is happening when, planned by who!  

But the question is:Why didnt they come to work?Dosnt that make u suspicious?Imean, it was Tuesday, and not Saturday!And it was busy working time, about 9:00 AM!<SUSPICION>And it is not difficult if Jews actually planned it...they wanted to destroy muslims and christians as well, so they informed all the Jews working there before hand,and attacked trade centre.<SUSPICION>

Quote Did u check their sources? Where did they get the attendance report?  

Did YOU saw Osama planning for the attack?Where did u get the idea from?Media?Fake videos?

Enough with the humor. U know who I"m talking about. The actor! Why do u have agianst him? Why isn't he a muslim?

I know who u were talking about then also...Sharukh Khan.

I have only this against him:He Has Got A Muslim Name.Rest is fine.

And as for 'why he aint a muslim', let me first tell u that it is my personal opinion.First this question for u:Do u know who is a muslim?

Let me give u averse from the Glorious Qur'an:

In the Name of Allaah 1,590 bytes

1. By Al-'Asr (the time).

2. Verily! Man is in loss,

3. Except those who believe (in Isl�mic Monotheism) and do righteous good deeds, and recommend one another to the truth (i.e. order one another to perform all kinds of good deeds (Al-Ma'r�f)which All�h has ordained, and abstain from all kinds of sins and evil deeds (Al-Munkar)which All�h has forbidden), and recommend one another to patience (for the sufferings, harms, and injuries which one may encounter in All�h's Cause during preaching His religion of Isl�mic Monotheism or Jih�d, etc.).

So, if SRK do believe in Islamic monthism, do goo deeds, .......,etc etc, he is a muslim.The question is:Is he really so?That is, do he really follow what the Qur'an says in above verses?

-------------
LOONWATCH.COM

Posted By: seekshidayath
Date Posted: 26 March 2006 at 6:23am

Assalamalaikum,

Am new to this forum and the post of  Irsdad made me to clear few aspects of his views.

Starting from the point of President of India and other Actors as u mentioned these people just are tagged as a muslim. And REMEMBER every muslim hold A great responsibility but its really bad that we fail to realise that.

u said

"NOW THAT CLEARLY MEANS INDIAN DOES NOT HATE MUSLIMS".

If the president is muslim or the actors ac to u r muslims ---- is that mean that India does not hate Muslims.

Just answer my Question If it does not hate muslims why is that all happenend in Gujrat?

Why were the INNOCENT killed my dear br? Were they responsible for fire mishap of the train

Why are muslims in NORTH mumbai are not given houses for rent?

Why were the innocent muslims arrested and put in jails.{without any proof}

Br u just go thru filmy Magazines may b Go thru the News papers and News in the T.V

U must have forgotten Sania Mirza's Name. She ofcourse must be a matter of pride for Indians BUT would u love u r sister to move {dance} all around in the tennis court? No na. HAVE SUCH PAIN BR FOR every muslim

Am sorry am harsh but i want people like u to be a momin not mere muslim. We r not to encourage such types of muslims

U said

"95% of my VERY GOOD FRIENDS are HINDU, and my best among them can DIE for me and I for them."

OK now u say me how much could u influence u r friends as a muslim. Since u r name depicts me that u r a muslim then u must be knowing that u r first responsibility is to do Dawa'h and then comes u r friendship.Its not that they come to u r place on Eid and enjoy and thus u influence them. Did anyone ever talk to u abt islam? If so how did u fulfill u r responsibility? Die for Islam br. NOT for frnds b.cos no one will be able to help us on the day of aakhirah . Realise the fact that u r all alone. Now Allah has given u such a good oppurtunity that u r surrounded by non-muslims . Its easy that u can do dawah.

u said

Somebody also claimed Muslims don't get chance to study and get good positions/jobs,

Its happening br that people who have beards r not given jobs. Women in HIjab are rejected. come out the world of u r frnds.

Br u pls cooly go thru the tafseers of Quraan study some Islamic histories and when u gain some knowledge go thru u r post . And am sure u will not like that. Am sorry again if i hurted u

I too love MY country but its position is Next to Allah AND then Rasool{saws} AND THEN MY parents and muslim BRS Then comes India.

Date Posted: 27 March 2006 at 7:23am

-------------
LOONWATCH.COM

Posted By: ak_m_f
Date Posted: 27 March 2006 at 9:08am
Originally posted by aslam aslam wrote:

But�I mostly agree with you in the rest of your post. But keep in mind situation can� greatly swing out of control very quickly. Only few years before the Partition, Hindus and Muslims were known to be living�in great amity with each other in the state of Punjab. Still,�very violent riots occured there at the time of Partition.

What goes around comes around, look how India killed Sikhs in 84. I dont think they will ever get their Khalistah

Date Posted: 27 March 2006 at 9:14am
Originally posted by Justin N Justin N wrote:

Bro! or Sis!

U sound like a fanatic!! There is no proof that binladen blew the trade center up? He's agreed it to himself, read the papers.� Jeez man! Maybe there are a lot of radicals in India who call themselves muslims.

Quote As, unfortunately, it dosnt have an Islamic Goverment, Gays are not actually forbidden.As a result, people has gone bold and few month ago we heard of the first gay marriage in pakistan.

Quote "Please don't take anything I say offencivly, as I don't mean any disrespect."-More than provoking, ur statement is more amusing.

The fact that you posted that shows that you were somehow offended and felt the need to say something�against me.�

Quote Hah, it would have been great if someone would have-so that 'muslims' stop commiting sin.

What was wrong with SRK btw? I forget what u said.

Regards.

Buh did it, and here is the proof

http://www.ebaumsworld.com/presaddress2.shtml - Click here to watch

PS I want my 3 nuklear missiles ...

Date Posted: 12 April 2006 at 2:05am
Originally posted by irshad_m irshad_m wrote:

5) 95% of my are HINDU, and my best among them can DIE for me and I for them

and what planet are you from?

Date Posted: 12 April 2006 at 2:12am
"Whether or not one agrees with President Clinton's policy in Kosovo, we went there to stop the `ethnic cleansing' of the Kosovars by the Serbian government. Yet we have averted our glance from a similar campaign throughout India , a situation the Indian Supreme Court described as `worse than a genocide.' This ethnic cleansing has taken the lives of over 250,000 Sikhs since 1984, over 200,000 Christians in Nagaland since 1947, over 60,000 Muslims in Kashmir since 1988, and thousands upon thousands of Dalits, Assamese, Manipuris, Tamils, and other minority peoples."

Hon. Edolphus Towns in the US House of Representatives,
Wed., May 19, 1999, Congressional Record Page E1031

I think above quote is enought to describe Indian government.

Posted By: s666
Date Posted: 09 June 2006 at 10:41am
Originally posted by ak_m_f ak_m_f wrote:

"Whether or not one agrees with President Clinton's policy in Kosovo, we went there to stop the `ethnic cleansing' of the Kosovars by the Serbian government. Yet we have averted our glance from a similar campaign throughout India , a situation the Indian Supreme Court described as `worse than a genocide.' This ethnic cleansing has taken the lives of over 250,000 Sikhs since 1984, over 200,000 Christians in Nagaland since 1947, over 60,000 Muslims in Kashmir since 1988, and thousands upon thousands of Dalits, Assamese, Manipuris, Tamils, and other minority peoples."

Hon. Edolphus Towns in the US House of Representatives,
Wed., May 19, 1999, Congressional Record Page E1031

I think above quote is enought to describe Indian government.

brother, where did you get this information from?

Posted By: rememberallah
Date Posted: 13 May 2011 at 1:21am
when we muslims dont love non muslims then whats the big fuss about nonmuslims not loving us?? dont our scholars say we cant love kafirs?? so why do we take it to our heart when nonmuslims dont love us??
hindus hate us not but they hate oue extremism....for them islam is a religion that teaches hate and violence...thats why they hate it.....it is false preaching on our part that we have to make nonmuslims second grade citizens under islamic khilafat that makes them hate us.....
I can say personally that if i have had 10 bad experiences of suffering hate at hands of hindus, then i have a million experiences of positiveness from them.
wether they hate us or love us is in our hands.
India otherwise is a great country with great potential but it is the muslims who have failed miserably.
we cant blame others for what we have done....how hurt we feel on gujrat...i ask you will muslim history ever forget it?? no people like you will never forget it but keep it alive......so a;so people like you in hindus do the same when our kings did this tio them....will we ever forget demolition of babri masjid??....then how can we expect them to forget demolition of their temples at hands of muslims when muslims were in power....
update your facts and look at the situation being unbiased for anyside
India is a great country which lets muslims open islamic centres, deliver lectures on islam in public halls, launch islamic channels and what not......leave hypocrisy and be a little grateful.....india has allowed muslims what our muslim kings didnt allow hindus when they were rulers....we build new mosques.
peace be on all

-------------
The whole world is like Hazrat Umar but no one is like his sister and brother in law.

Posted By: pure_columbian
Date Posted: 13 May 2011 at 6:15am

people lets face it, every country which has a majority of people of A wil in one way or another discriminate against people's B and C and D etc etc.

Every religion, every race, every country has elements which hate other people and will try and stir up trouble to attack the other people.

We need to stop bringing up the past, stop saying your people did this to my people, cos it leads to nothing but a vicious circle of blame and hate. Lets leave the past in the past and instead of bringing up old atrocities try and find ways of moving to the future and living in peace with each other, and making sure the extremist minorities never get a chance to dictate the lives of the peacful moderate majority.

Posted By: rememberallah
Date Posted: 16 May 2011 at 2:51pm
salamvalaikum pure columbian
i totally agree with you....we can not change the nature of how things works....we have to work around them and ensure that we set a good example for angels who said "they will do blood shed"
my brother we have to move ahead in life and not get stuck up.

-------------
The whole world is like Hazrat Umar but no one is like his sister and brother in law.

Posted By: herber345
Date Posted: 09 December 2013 at 11:25pm
I read posts, I don't know why they are debating on Muslim and Hindus.
I'm non-muslim, But my maximum friends are Muslim, We celebrate every festival. We can do anything for each other. We eat in single plate. We never think about the religion. We just know about the humanity. We respect everyone. and we love our country or mother land but don't hate others.

Posted By: afzalsheikh95
Date Posted: 17 March 2023 at 1:05pm
http://https://meriweb.net/quran/surah-maryam/" rel="nofollow - Reading Surah Kahf on Fridays brings immense rewards in the Hereafter. The Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said, "Whoever reads Surah Kahf on Friday, it will be a light for him from one Friday to the next" (Sunan Ibn Majah). This indicates that reading Surah Kahf on Fridays brings blessings and rewards that extend beyond this life. 

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2019 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net