Forum Description: General Discussion
URL: https://www.islamicity.org/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=24756
Printed Date: 25 April 2024 at 1:50am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Is IC Forum boring?
Posted By: Abu Loren
Subject: Is IC Forum boring?
Date Posted: 30 January 2013 at 2:39pm
For days and days nothing just happens. May be part of the reason is that forum admin hold back all the posts so that they can vet each and every one delaying them.

Even the non-moderated sections are non involved. Somebody posts something and all you will get is about 10 or 20 views.

Who else thinks IC forum is boring?

Replies:
Posted By: TG12345
Date Posted: 30 January 2013 at 5:32pm
Originally posted by Abu Loren Abu Loren wrote:

For days and days nothing just happens. May be part of the reason is that forum admin hold back all the posts so that they can vet each and every one delaying them.

Even the non-moderated sections are non involved. Somebody posts something and all you will get is about 10 or 20 views.

Salaam Alaikum, Abu Loren.

I don't find it boring at all.

I am engaged in discussion with some very intelligent and courteous Muslims like Rational and 786SalaamKhan. They are able to ask some very deep and provocative questions about my faith and answer questions about what Islam without resorting to insults or personal attacks.

Maybe you will find it less 'boring' and you will discover that more people respond to things you have to say when you learn to act courteously and respectfully towards others on Islamicity, like most of it Muslim and non-Muslim posters do already.

For the most part, I try to ignore what you say since most of it, when directed towards me and other non-Muslims, comes in the form of insults. Sometimes I respond, but it is quite rarely. That's just me, though.

Try treating others with courtesy and respect and maybe more people will be willing to talk to you and you won't be so bored on here.

Blessed be the Name of the Lord.

Posted By: nothing
Date Posted: 30 January 2013 at 6:17pm

A bit something else involved. The birth of social networking really took a lot of active participants from the forum away. I am not not in any of them now but I've been with facebook and been with twitter and I think they also very quite.

A boring, yes it has something to do with it, yes some posts are really boring.

You know there was time when I could read a book for 3 to 4 hours non stop without a blink? so to speak. There was time when I could listen to audio tape one after the other without missing the error of the speaker involved as I was so tentative to what I did. There was time when I count the letters and words  in the Qur'an and found things that amazed me of it structure. There was time when I went from church to church from house to house from gathering to gathering just for debate. And I did those thing alone, there was no buddy walking along with me to cheer or to support. I believed in what I believe and no one need to nod me.

Yesterday while on meal break at work I read Chapter 23 for refreshing purpose, and I cracked some part of Chapter 24 too, as though I could see the mind of the author. I did not do it for heaven or hell or any spectator who cheers me or boo me, just me enjoying the Book in my hand, nothing else. Hey, I am nothing for reason. I can be happy without anyone or anything, just wondering why would those people take drugs to get it - when I get it all the time by the thing I enjoy for free. You know this statement intrigue me when 1st time I read it? and hundreds more, God should know it than why asked?:

And what is that in your right hand, O Moses? (20:17)

Date Posted: 30 January 2013 at 6:48pm
Originally posted by TG12345 TG12345 wrote:

I am engaged in discussion with some very intelligent and courteous Muslims like Rational and 786SalaamKhan. They are able to ask some very deep and provocative questions about my faith and answer questions about what Islam without resorting to insults or personal attacks.

Maybe you will find it less 'boring' and you will discover that more people respond to things you have to say when you learn to act courteously and respectfully towards others on Islamicity, like most of it Muslim and non-Muslim posters do already.

For the most part, I try to ignore what you say since most of it, when directed towards me and other non-Muslims, comes in the form of insults. Sometimes I respond, but it is quite rarely. That's just me, though.

Try treating others with courtesy and respect and maybe more people will be willing to talk to you and you won't be so bored on here.

I like insulting id people like you who come to debate about Islam without knowing anything about it. I know it is very unIslamic but people like you make my blood boil.

Pretty soon I will have to talk to myself on this forum.

Date Posted: 30 January 2013 at 6:49pm
Originally posted by nothing nothing wrote:

A bit something else involved. The birth of social networking really took a lot of active participants from the forum away. I am not not in any of them now but I've been with facebook and been with twitter and I think they also very quite.

A boring, yes it has something to do with it, yes some posts are really boring.

You know there was time when I could read a book for 3 to 4 hours non stop without a blink? so to speak. There was time when I could listen to audio tape one after the other without missing the error of the speaker involved as I was so tentative to what I did. There was time when I count the letters and words  in the Qur'an and found things that amazed me of it structure. There was time when I went from church to church from house to house from gathering to gathering just for debate. And I did those thing alone, there was no buddy walking along with me to cheer or to support. I believed in what I believe and no one need to nod me.

Yesterday while on meal break at work I read Chapter 23 for refreshing purpose, and I cracked some part of Chapter 24 too, as though I could see the mind of the author. I did not do it for heaven or hell or any spectator who cheers me or boo me, just me enjoying the Book in my hand, nothing else. Hey, I am nothing for reason. I can be happy without anyone or anything, just wondering why would those people take drugs to get it - when I get it all the time by the thing I enjoy for free. You know this statement intrigue me when 1st time I read it? and hundreds more, God should know it than why asked?:

And what is that in your right hand, O Moses? (20:17)

Thanks bro...just answer the question. Lol

Date Posted: 30 January 2013 at 7:20pm

I like insulting id people like you who come to debate about Islam without knowing anything about it. I know it is very unIslamic but people like you make my blood boil.

Pretty soon I will have to talk to myself on this forum.

You have fun talking to yourself then.

When you decide to act like a respectful and mature human being, I am sure more people will start talking to you.

Until then, enjoy your monologue.

Peace in Christ. May you one day come back to Him.

Date Posted: 31 January 2013 at 7:23am

When you decide to act like a respectful and mature human being, I am sure more people will start talking to you.

All because I don't debate with a deaf, dumb and blind person like you....

Indeed Jesus (Alayhi Salaam) will bring peace on earth. Alhamdulilah.

I am already back o him as I believe he is a mighty prophet and the Messiah of Allah Subhana Wa Ta'ala. It's you who needs to come back.

Posted By: abuayisha
Date Posted: 31 January 2013 at 8:01am
Originally posted by nothing nothing wrote:

Hey, I am nothing for reason. I can be happy without anyone or anything, just wondering why would those people take drugs to get it - when I get it all the time by the thing I enjoy for free.

Clap

Posted By: nospam001
Date Posted: 31 January 2013 at 2:22pm
I wouldn't say 'boring', but sometimes it seems as though my child-like questions are the kiss of death for any thread.  That's just the way it is. I can't help it if other people respond en masse by quietly shifting their attention to the more familiar interfaith 'tournaments' where scripture is the only authority, common sense has no place, and adversaries follow a well-established set of rules. Sort of like cricket or tennis. C'est la vie.

-------------
God has the right to remain silent. For His advocates, however, each resigned shrug is a missed opportunity to win new converts.

Date Posted: 31 January 2013 at 6:24pm

All because I don't debate with a deaf, dumb and blind person like you....

Indeed Jesus (Alayhi Salaam) will bring peace on earth. Alhamdulilah.

I am already back o him as I believe he is a mighty prophet and the Messiah of Allah Subhana Wa Ta'ala. It's you who needs to come back.

True enough, you don't debate. You mostly throw insults and temper tantrums. Unlike most of your Muslim brothers and sisters who act like the intelligent and mature people that they are.

Perhaps this makes up, in your mind, for your inability to hold a normal discussion with someone you disagree with.

You need to come to Jesus and realize who He really is and what He has done for you and for us all on the cross.

You even admit that you aren't following what Islam teaches by the way you are behaving on this forum. You follow it by refusing it to take any responsibility for your actions (something a mature adult would do) and blame Christianity, the religion that you left and clearly never understood to begin with.

I will keep praying for you. You can still turn to God. It isn't too late.

Date Posted: 31 January 2013 at 6:45pm

True enough, you don't debate. You mostly throw insults and temper tantrums. Unlike most of your Muslim brothers and sisters who act like the intelligent and mature people that they are.

Perhaps this makes up, in your mind, for your inability to hold a normal discussion with someone you disagree with.

You need to come to Jesus and realize who He really is and what He has done for you and for us all on the cross.

You even admit that you aren't following what Islam teaches by the way you are behaving on this forum. You follow it by refusing it to take any responsibility for your actions (something a mature adult would do) and blame Christianity, the religion that you left and clearly never understood to begin with.

Ok you've already answered the question that was asked on this thread and you can stop preaching now because nobody here is interested. Keep living in the dark. By the way, knowing the Truth and denying it is another great sin....yours is just mounting up?

Date Posted: 31 January 2013 at 6:48pm

Ok you've already answered the question that was asked on this thread and you can stop preaching now because nobody here is interested. Keep living in the dark. By the way, knowing the Truth and denying it is another great sin....yours is just mounting up?

Knowing the Truth and denying it is indeed a great sin...and this is one reason why I  would never leave my Christian faith and turn to Islam or any other religion or belief system or philosophy that denies the Gospel.

Date Posted: 31 January 2013 at 6:51pm
Each to their own Mr. Preacher man hence the reason why we are given free will.

Allahu Alum!

Posted By: Angel
Date Posted: 04 February 2013 at 6:49am

What would you like to happen?

Stuff happens in highs and lows, think it is a low period for IC.

Go and check past topics from years ago, you won't find it boring Wink 

-------------
~ Our feet are earthbound, but our hearts and our minds have wings ~

Date Posted: 04 February 2013 at 10:40am
Originally posted by Angel Angel wrote:

What would you like to happen?

Stuff happens in highs and lows, think it is a low period for IC.

Go and check past topics from years ago, you won't find it boring Wink 

Well the thing is that when we reply to somebody it sometimes takes up to 2 days for admin to read and approve, and by that time people would have lost interest on the subject and probably moved on to something 'current'.

I'd also like to see the English Premiership football every Sunday streamed live.

Just kiddin..........:)

Posted By: NABA
Date Posted: 08 February 2013 at 6:12am
no its not boring,its a necessity for Indians like me,as dawah is fard but India is a sensitive country to do dawah,that's y I thank this forum for giving me an opportunity to convey the message of Qur'an to many non Muslims as possible,Moreover Allah will ask us on judgement day y don't U convey my message to unbelievers,surah Al ghaashiyah ch 88 v 21,Allah says-our job is to convey the message,its Allah who will guide them to straight path,therefore till the end of my life,I will do dawah on this forum.Allahfiz

Posted By: us2inNorway
Date Posted: 08 February 2013 at 12:57pm
Abu Loren and TG12345....

To be honest, the discussion between you two is kind of interesting. But would it be possible to get it down to an constructive level?
Not ironical, just could be nice to have an open minded chat about meanings/feelings around this...

Posted By: nospam001
Date Posted: 09 February 2013 at 1:51pm
One thing that might help liven things up a bit: have a look at the various topic headings on this forum and ask yourself which ones are more likely to get people to click.

Personally, when time is limited, I'm much less likely to bother with a vaguely-worded topic such as "A question for Muslims" or "Christians, answer this" or "Just wondering?", or "Watch this video". There seem to be so many of these lately, and I forget which one is which. (Ok, maybe I'm getting senile.)

I'm not suggesting we should be deliberately provocative. Memorable and relevant titles work best for me, and I've just realised that many of the recent ones have been started by Abu Loren himself. "Is IC Forum boring?" being a good example.

Another thing that I've noticed: I am also less likely to view a topic if its title is ALL IN UPPERCASE. (Which is roughly the equivalent of SHOUTING ALL THE TIME.)

Date Posted: 09 February 2013 at 10:40pm
Originally posted by us2inNorway us2inNorway wrote:

Abu Loren and TG12345....

To be honest, the discussion between you two is kind of interesting. But would it be possible to get it down to an constructive level?
Not ironical, just could be nice to have an open minded chat about meanings/feelings around this...

Assalamu Alaikum us2inNorway,

Glad our discussions are interesting for you and others reading them. I have had and am continuing to have some very constructive and deep discussions with Muslim posters like 786SalaamKhan, Rational, Nausheen.

Coincidentally, they also do not call me names or imply they wish they could blow me up.

Abu Loren hasn't said anything insulting or mean-spirited towards me over a week and I appreciate that. As you may have noticed I hadn't made any similar comments towards him either. We also haven't been talking much.

If a person wants to engage in serious and respectful discussion, I'm all game. I am honest about my faith and so are the people on IC who I debate with. If you notice my debates with the Muslim posters mentioned in my first paragraph you will see we hold very little back and ask each other provocative questions and don't sugarcoat on what we believe to be truthful and what we believe to be false... and we have many disagreements.

I'm all for an intense debate as long as it is respectful and civil with anyone, including Abu Loren and you and any Muslim or non-Muslim on the forum. I am having a lot of those and am thankful for a chance to be able to discuss Islam and share and defend my faith.

God bless.

Date Posted: 11 February 2013 at 2:19am
The reason for this thread and the question is because not necessarily that IC is boring but when we post a reply it seems to take 2 or 3 days for admin to approve it. We wait in anticipation for it to be approved while twiddle our thumbs and hoping others will reply and have an input.

It seems that IC forum is run by one man who probably has a full time job and being an admin here is probably part time. He logs in now and then to check things and probably is overwhelmed by the number of posts waiting to e approved. Shame though as this forum could generate a lot of traffic if admin has their eye on the ball and get to it.

Posted By: Caringheart
Date Posted: 11 February 2013 at 10:10am
Greetings Abu_Loren,

I agree with your point, which I believe is why others have raised the suggestion in the complaints forum, under the thread Forum Excessively Moderated, of;
Why is it necessary to screen the posters.  If something offensive is posted it is easily enough reported by other posters.
Maybe you should post your comments in that thread as well. Smile
I know I lose the flow of a conversation when 4 other posts appear before my own reply ever does... essentially in the middle of a conversation, which of course redirects the conversation, and then is difficult to pick back up.  Often times I worry that I have missed a response from someone because of this uneven posting.

Salaam,
CH

-------------
Let us seek Truth together
Blessed be God forever
"I believe in Jesus as I believe in the sun... not because I see it, but because by it, I see everything else.: - C.S.Lewis

Date Posted: 11 February 2013 at 11:55am
Of course, if the Forum is being looked after by just one person then if/when he/she falls ill then I suppose we have to wait until he/she returns after his/her illness. So far I've been waiting patiently for 2 and a bit days for my replies to be approved (or not as the case may be), as I can see my replies left is limbo (highlighted in blue).

Posted By: Matt Browne
Date Posted: 10 March 2013 at 8:44am
I don't find IC boring. I find it very interesting.

-------------
A religion that's intolerant of other religions can't be the world's best religion --Abdel Samad
Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people--Eleanor Roosevelt

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2019 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net