Print Page | Close Window

heart longing

Printed From: IslamiCity.org
Category: Religion - Islam
Forum Name: Interfaith Dialogue
Forum Description: It is for Interfaith dialogue, where Muslims discuss with non-Muslims. We encourge that dialogue takes place in a cordial atmosphere on various topics including religious tolerance.
URL: https://www.islamicity.org/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=24626
Printed Date: 28 March 2024 at 11:20pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: heart longing
Posted By: Caringheart
Subject: heart longing
Date Posted: 13 January 2013 at 1:36pm
"There is a  lifestyle that means that secularism has overtaken the popularity of belief in our communities in Britain."
Excellent statement!

There are those who have a heart longing for God, and they find it in different faiths. Heart

Replies:
Posted By: Abu Loren
Date Posted: 19 January 2013 at 8:23am
Originally posted by Caringheart Caringheart wrote:

"There is a  lifestyle that means that secularism has overtaken the popularity of belief in our communities in Britain."
Excellent statement!

There are those who have a heart longing for God, and they find it in different faiths. Heart

Oh s*****p!

Posted By: honeto
Date Posted: 19 January 2013 at 9:46am

"There is a� lifestyle that means that secularism has overtaken the popularity of belief in our communities in Britain."
Excellent statement! There are those who have a heart longing for God, and they find it in different faiths.

[IMG]smileys/smiley27.gif" align="absmiddle" alt="Heart" />

CAringheart,
you did not mention what you find as "Excellent" in that statement.
And how can one find it in different faiths, when these different beliefs do not even agree with the very basic question of who God is?

Hasan

-------------
The friends of God will certainly have nothing to fear, nor will they be grieved. Al Quran 10:62

Date Posted: 19 January 2013 at 10:46am
Originally posted by honeto honeto wrote:

Excellent statement! There are those who have a heart longing for God, and they find it in different faiths.

[IMG]smileys/smiley27.gif" align="absmiddle" alt="Heart" />

CAringheart,
you did not mention what you find as "Excellent" in that statement.
And how can one find it in different faiths, when these different beliefs do not even agree with the very basic question of who God is?

Hasan

Greetings Hasan,

I am glad you asked.

I think we're all born with a heart longing for God, don't you?  If we have that heart longing and we seek Him, then it is up to Him to reveal Himself to us, correct?

Why that statement meant so much to me is that, to me, it embodies how evil has its foothold in the world.  Societies used to have belief in a Higher power at their center... a belief that there was more to this life, and an expectation they had to live up to.

But belief is not a thing much supported in societies any more is it?  The prevalent 'life style' is free for all... do as you will... no longer God's will that is accepted.  Man has come to believe in himself alone.

I feel that if you(meaning any other person) are on a path that is seeking God,
and I am on a path seeking God,
and we are both submitted to His will as we know it,
then we are at least on the same plane,
we are seeking the same thing... to do good, and not evil, in this world.
After that it is a matter of definition of what serves good, and what serves evil.

But there are others who are only seeking to please themselves, fulfill their desires outside of God's will.  They do not even give consideration to what God may will, correct?  The 'popularity of belief' in our communities... belief that there is a Higher power that we must acquiesce to... has disappeared.  Belief is rather unpopular these days is it not?  I see this as the base of evil.  Isn't this what satan wanted from the beginning... for people to reject the words of God first given  to Adam and Eve, that they were to obey Him?

I feel like I rambled in trying to be clear.  Hope I made sense.

Salaam and blessings,
CH

Posted By: Nur_Ilahi
Date Posted: 20 January 2013 at 7:04pm
Salam Caringheart.

Yes indeed we are born into this world longing and searching for our Creator. Asking ourselves what is the purpose of our being born into this turbulent world. Some are lucky enough that they have guidelines to follow either from their parents or from the beliefs of their parents. Some are lucky enough to have scriptures that teaches and explains in detail the character of the Creator, while some are unlucky in getting ones that are obscure or false. Whatever it is, the purpose of living is deep inside us. We have to work extra hard to delve into our heart and seek the strength and the Truth that is already given to each and every one of us. Remember we live in the same planet, same earth, same universe, we eat from the same food source, drink from the same water, we only have 1 purpose in living in this world. That is to please The Creator and His Creations.

-------------
Ilahi Anta Maksudi, Wa Redhaka Mathlubi - Oh Allah, You are my destination, Your Pleasure is my Intention.

Posted By: honeto
Date Posted: 21 January 2013 at 9:45am
Nur Ilahi you have put is right, JazakAllah.

CAringheart,
Yes, God reveals Himself to those who seek Him. Those who seek the pleasure of their own hearts become the supporters of evil and evil of them. Does God love evil? No. Does God approve of evil? No. Is God OK if one chooses evil? No. Is there good and evil in this world? Yes. In all of God's scriptures did God not warn us to stay away from evil and do what is good? Yes.

We must also remember that God did not reveal a book of guidance for each one of us rather He sent a leader, a prophet for a specific time with a specific book. If we follow God's guidance, it leads us into success and right direction. Anything from our own mind or out side of that guidance is our own invention and leads one into error and eternal loss.
People of different faiths may have longing for the same God, but it does matter how they go about that! A fire worshiper may be longing and thinking to worshiping the same God in theory, but in practice it does not match. Same way a idol worshiping Hindu or Catholic may be trying to worship the same God, but the reality and practice does not reflect that. A Muslim and a Christian may be claiming the same that there is only one God, but when it comes to practice the same God for a Christian, in their own words is comprised of three parts, one of whom was a man, who walked, ate, and worshiped his maker his God, but they claim he was himself God.
So the practice has to match the claim, otherwise it is just a claim, and God does not see our claims rather what we practice and do.
Hasan

-------------
The friends of God will certainly have nothing to fear, nor will they be grieved. Al Quran 10:62

Date Posted: 21 January 2013 at 10:02am
Greetings Hasan,

What comes to my mind is;
'to you be your god, and to me be mine.'

To me what matters is that we fight the forces of evil, not one another... and those who are seeking God are those who do not seek to serve the forces of evil.  Simple as that.  That is the matter, and the Truth we need to recognize and accept.  Anything that sets us against one another does not come from God.  Simple as that.

If satan can deceive us into thinking one religion or another is more right than another then he can make us fight one another instead of looking for, and seeing, the Truth... what is evil and what is not.  He can keep us blind.
He can turn us away from fighting the forces of evil, and make us serve him instead.

Be sure you do not succumb to the tactics of satan to make strife, and have your vision clouded, only to find that you have served evil rather than good.  Killing and warring is a thing of evil.  That is my message to the world.

When we are serving one another in love, then we are serving God.

Salaam,
CH

Date Posted: 21 January 2013 at 10:08am
another question Hasan,

Do not Islam and Christianity and Judaism and Buddhism and Hinduism...
teach the same morality?
Don't all religions teach some form of reverence for something other than self?
Doesn't this guide us in the same way... towards moral living... and only those who reject the concept of reverence for something higher than self... it is they that truly go astray.

Just sharing my thoughts about what I think God really wants us to see.

Salaam,
CH

wherefore;

11 Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.  12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world

Posted By: Eoah
Date Posted: 22 January 2013 at 3:59am
Oh Caringheart.  Try not to judge the secularists for being secular.  God gives all man the free choice whether to believe in him or not, and democracy emulates this.

It is probably better not to believe in God at all than to believe in 3 Gods!  And if a person don't believe in God, at least he can believe in humanity and do unto others, etc, and be a good parent who gives his children the free choice whether they want to believe in God or not.

And we don't choose God, God chooses us and God chooses what faith to worship him in. 

Date Posted: 22 January 2013 at 1:20pm
Originally posted by Eoah Eoah wrote:

Oh Caringheart.  Try not to judge the secularists for being secular.  God gives all man the free choice whether to believe in him or not, and democracy emulates this.

It is probably better not to believe in God at all than to believe in 3 Gods!  And if a person don't believe in God, at least he can believe in humanity and do unto others, etc, and be a good parent who gives his children the free choice whether they want to believe in God or not.

And we don't choose God, God chooses us and God chooses what faith to worship him in. 

Greetings Eoah,

Have you read all my posts in this thread?  i think you will see greater clarification.

I don't know anyone who believes in 3 gods... the Hindu's and other polytheist's have, I presume, more than 3.
and I disagree, that it is better not to believe in a god at all.  It is belief in something higher than ourselves that guides us into better ways.
It is this belief in something higher that is no longer supported.

Peace,
Caringheart

Posted By: Nur_Ilahi
Date Posted: 22 January 2013 at 6:46pm

to you be your god, and to me be mine.'
Hi Caringheart.
The more correct translation of surah Al-Kaafirun is � TO YOU - YOUR RELIGION, TO ME - MINE.
Because why? Because there could only be One God that we have to serve. The One Creator of the whole wide universe that deserves to be worshipped.
Originally posted by wrote:

To me what matters is that we fight the forces of evil, not one another... and those who are seeking God are those who do not seek to serve the forces of evil.
There is some truth in this. Every religion teaches good not evil. But the concept of evil maybe different in one religion compared to the other. Same thing as the concept of good in one religion, may not be to the other. For example, drinking wine. Some religion says its okay, while the other says no. One religion says that hygiene is very important, while others don�t bother.
So knowing that we are all from The One and we are all living in one planet, one earth, shouldn�t there be ONE concept of evil and one concept of GOOD. To be easily followed by the inhabitants of this world?

If satan can deceive us into thinking one religion or another is more right than another then he can make us fight one another instead of looking for, and seeing, the Truth... what is evil and what is not. He can keep us blind. He can turn us away from fighting the forces of evil, and make us serve him instead.

True. But do not forget that one of the Characteristics of an ALMIGHTY GOD is His Mercy, His Love. He wants us to seek Him, find the Truth. It would not be fair of Him (Astaghfirullah) if He requires us to seek Him, without any guidance, without any clue. Therefore the guidelines are given to us via the Prophets that He had sent to us together with the Scriptures for us to follow and to adhere.

Be sure you do not succumb to the tactics of satan to make strife, and have your vision clouded, only to find that you have served evil rather than good. Killing and warring is a thing of evil. That is my message to the world.

Yes Satan�s tactic is well known to most of us. Some of them are - Deception. Lies and Falsehood. But The Creator with His Mercy had given us brains or intellect for us to choose between Lies and Truth. So keep yourself informed by venturing into other religions and make comparison with the brain and the heart.

When we are serving one another in love, then we are serving God.

That is a good one. God Our Creator is indeed Most Loving � Al-Wadud, Most Merciful � Ar-Raheem. And the purpose of our existence is to serve and please God and also His Creations.
Habluminallah � Connection with God (Vertical relationship) and Habluminanaas � Connection with His Servants (Horizontal relationship).

-------------
Ilahi Anta Maksudi, Wa Redhaka Mathlubi - Oh Allah, You are my destination, Your Pleasure is my Intention.

Posted By: mynameiskim31
Date Posted: 28 January 2013 at 10:20pm
Sometimes we feel cold to God and I admittedly felt it too, but God doesn't look in that, he looks of how we still find him despite in hard situation. Glory to God!

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2019 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net