Category: General
Forum Name: Comments & Complaints
Forum Description: Comments & Complaints
URL: https://www.islamicity.org/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=2458
Printed Date: 19 May 2024 at 8:07am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Can anyone use Islamic Identity?
Posted By: Whisper
Subject: Can anyone use Islamic Identity?
Date Posted: 02 October 2005 at 8:26pm

I have noticed that some people are using Islamic symbols and in one case a whole page of the Qur'an as an avtar just as a tool of credibility while misinterpretting ayaats for promoting various causes and (specially the US) agenda.

I wonder if we could somehow keep this from happening?

Regards

Replies:
Posted By: Jazz
Date Posted: 03 October 2005 at 2:04am
Hi Whisper,

What's the "US" agenda?

Is this forum an "especially" anti-US forum?

Date Posted: 03 October 2005 at 3:10am

My friend, I am only trying to find out if all manners of rogues are free to assume and operate under an Islamic identity.

Kindly discuss the US or any other agenda for that matter in the relevant thread.

Thanks

Posted By: ummziba
Date Posted: 03 October 2005 at 5:21am
You make a good point Whisper.  Some here even use "Islamic" user names (or even "real" names) and then push very unIslamic agendas.  But, how would this be stopped?  It is probably not an easy task.  I pray that the pretenders do not harm the deen of any believers (especially the weak of spirit or weak of mind.)

-------------
Sticks and stones may break my bones, but your words...they break my soul ~

Posted By: Dayem
Date Posted: 03 October 2005 at 7:07am

As salam u alaikum

Talking of names, back in India u will find many Hindu brothers with Muslim name.Cricket captain Ganguly's daughter name is Aisha.Funny, aint it?

The other day i was chatting wit some one namely Atif.Everything was going well, when suddenly he started humming some songs on Jesus(PBUH) being his Lord!!

Then there is Arun Shourie.Master of quoting out of context frm Quran and promoting the cause of Hindutva.

I thought of plan to stop these activities.Many here will disagree with this idea, i think.Well, it is just that we can take the revenge out of them by doing exactly what they do, for eg, if a hindu uses the term Muslim terrorist for any attack by any one, we can also call it Hindu terrorist attack?

I mean there is a limit for tolerance, isnt that so?

Was salam

-------------
"the mooslims! they're heeere!"
LOONWATCH.COM

Date Posted: 04 October 2005 at 2:11pm

I pray that the pretenders do not harm the deen of any believers (especially the weak of spirit or weak of mind.)
My sister, it's my faith that He protects the believers, but it's sad to see ayaats distorted and packaged to justify wars, occupations and such other crimes against humanity.

Date Posted: 04 October 2005 at 2:20pm

Dayem, Ganguly is quite fond of quite a few Islamic things. He can't help it, Ayesha is just the most beautiful name. My daughter is also Ayesha, so was my grandmother.

It's not the innocents like Atif but the Shouries and their likes on this board we need to curb. One uses a whole page of the Qur'an as his avtar - just see how he juggles the ayaats for his own purpose!

Ramzan Mubarik!

Posted By: herjihad
Date Posted: 04 October 2005 at 5:26pm

Bismillah,

I have noticed this also, Brother Sasha.  If we are all forthcoming on our most basic information, it would help everyone to understand our points of view.  Like I am a Muslim American Mom.

But I have also noticed people with Islaamic names and avatars whom I don't believe are Muslims, just people stirring up dissent and confusion. 

-------------
Al-Hamdulillah (From a Married Muslimah) La Howla Wa La Quwata Illa BiLLah - There is no Effort or Power except with Allah's Will.

Posted By: Angel
Date Posted: 04 October 2005 at 8:42pm

Why is it that I only find muslims asking people to change their names ?

I find it very disrespectful to ask one to change their name.

-------------
~ Our feet are earthbound, but our hearts and our minds have wings ~

Posted By: Dayem
Date Posted: 04 October 2005 at 8:47pm
Originally posted by Angel Angel wrote:

Why is it that I only find muslims asking people to change their names ?

I find it very disrespectful to ask one to change their name.

I never asked non-muslim with muslim name to change there respective names, rather i said it was funny.At least for me, it is definately amusing.

Thanx,

Dayem.

-------------
"the mooslims! they're heeere!"
LOONWATCH.COM

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2019 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net