Print Page | Close Window

A Muslim in the eye of Allah

Printed From: IslamiCity.org
Category: Religion - Islam
Forum Name: Interfaith Dialogue
Forum Description: It is for Interfaith dialogue, where Muslims discuss with non-Muslims. We encourge that dialogue takes place in a cordial atmosphere on various topics including religious tolerance.
URL: https://www.islamicity.org/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=24473
Printed Date: 28 March 2024 at 4:00pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: A Muslim in the eye of Allah
Posted By: NABA
Subject: A Muslim in the eye of Allah
Date Posted: 15 December 2012 at 7:51am
Assalamalecum wa rehmatullahi wa barakhatahu.in surah al Imran ch 3 v 110,Allah says that-o believers u r the best people,u know what is right and what is wrong,so its ur duty to tell others of what is good or bad.Allahfiz

Replies:
Posted By: Matt Browne
Date Posted: 16 December 2012 at 6:13am
I disagree. Allah doesn't think that Muslims are better people than non-Muslims, or even the best people on Earth. The best people are good people, people who respect other people and are good to other people and find ways to achieve peace. As long as Muslims think they are the best people there won't be peace. As long as Muslims think that it is there duty to tell others of what is good or bad there won't be peace.

-------------
A religion that's intolerant of other religions can't be the world's best religion --Abdel Samad
Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people--Eleanor Roosevelt

Date Posted: 16 December 2012 at 12:30pm
sir,through this forum my main purpose is to bring you the teachings of glorious Qur'an.a person is not a Muslim just by a name.A real Muslim is a person who submits his will to Allah,the meaning of a word Islam is to bring peace by submitting will to Allah.there are many verses in Qur'an,but I will mention few in front of you.in Surah Al Maidah ch 5 v 90,states that alcohol or toxic substances are forbidden,Surah Al Isra ch 17 v 23-24,Allah says next thing after worship is good behaviour towards parents,Surah Al Hujurat ch 49 v 11-12,states that gossiping is haraam.so I ask U what is your opinion about a person who follow the verses mentioned above.A real Muslim is a Muslim who follows Qur'an and Hadeeth(life n quotes of prophet S.A.W(pbuh)).Allahfiz

Posted By: Matt Browne
Date Posted: 17 December 2012 at 8:43am
Understanding the teachings does not necessarily mean agreeing with all of them. Supremacy claims are always damaging. That was my point. And outdated dogmas should be considered haraam.

-------------
A religion that's intolerant of other religions can't be the world's best religion --Abdel Samad
Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people--Eleanor Roosevelt

Date Posted: 17 December 2012 at 9:55am
As far as claiming supremacy is concerned person following teachings of Qur'an need not claim supremacy as Allah is always with those who follow Qur'an.and there is no way of disagreeing with teachings of Qur'an because these are words of Allah so how a man can disagree with them.what I was telling from the verse(Surah Al imran ch 3 v 110) that we need to make people aware about good things,for eg it is mentioned in Qur'an that the moment you look at a lady and if bad thoughts come into your mind just lower your gaze to guard your modesty.Sir,I suggest you to read Qur'an in English translation.

Posted By: honeto
Date Posted: 18 December 2012 at 3:44pm
Matt,
Allah is addressing to the believers. Since now we have the Final Messenger and the Final Testament sent for our times, believing as Allah tells us to, we become best in His sight.

3:110 (Y. Ali) Ye are the best of peoples, evolved for mankind, enjoining what is right, forbidding what is wrong, and believing in Allah. If only the People of the Book had faith, it were best for them: among them are some who have faith, but most of them are perverted transgressors.

Hasan

-------------
The friends of God will certainly have nothing to fear, nor will they be grieved. Al Quran 10:62

Posted By: Nausheen
Date Posted: 20 December 2012 at 12:32am
'O you who believe'
Vs
'O you who call yourself a believer'

Matt, if you cannot see the difference between the two you are likely to miss the whole point.

Being a believer is not a denomination a human can give to himself rather its a denomination to a human being in the sight of God ... it requires a long list of dos and don'ts which definitely covers whatever you might have on mind and much more.

Im not a beliver in sight of God just because I think myself as one - and this is something one will be sure about only after meeting one's Lord ... here we only have to keep trying to qualify in His sight.

Abu Bakr As Siddique - Companion of the holy prophet (pbuh) would say I will not feel safe with just one foot in paradise - ie he did not feel safe regarding afterlife thru his works in this life, and would only be satisfied when he would actually be in paradise with both his feet, and his entire self ... those are true believers.

-------------
<font color=purple>Wanu nazzilu minal Qurani ma huwa

Shafaa un wa rahmatun lil mo'mineena

wa la yaziduzzalimeena illa khasara.
[/COLOR]

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2019 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net