Printed Date: 28 March 2024 at 5:36pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Good Books
Posted By: Dick
Subject: Good Books
Date Posted: 23 September 2012 at 7:00am
http://www.smashwords.com/profile/view/PonchoThreeTrees

see the blog at: http://ponchothreetrees.blogspot.com

Check out all the ebooks at smashwords. Good source for ebooks (lots of free ebooks)

Replies:
Date Posted: 18 October 2012 at 8:05am
Interesting concept. You can go to : http:ponchothreetrees.blogspot.com and see the new book being writen and posted one part at a time. Kind of a "Blog to Book" thing. Actually, its an book to blog to book thing. One chapter every few days.

Poncho Threetrees

Thursday, October 18, 2012

Library

I was sitting outside of the library one morning, waiting for it to open. My copier wasn't working again, as usual, and I needed to use the library's copier. As I was sitting there, who do you think showed up, but an old acquaintance of mine, Willie "Boom Boom" Mahalic. I noticed that he seemed a little preoccupied, or maybe a little down. When I noticed that he saw me, I motioned for him to come over. He came over and sat down, and while we waited for the library to open, we had the following conversation.

WM: Hi Poncho. How are you doing?

PT: I�m doing fine, but you seem to be a little down this morning.

WM: You know what it is? I�ve been thinking about how difficult it is to try to wake up the people of this world. I�m not just talking about the people in America, but the people in every country of the world. They just seem to be so complacent and unable to see what is really going on today. I used to think that it was just the Americans that were so na�ve and patriotic that they couldn�t see the way that their beliefs were manipulated by the government, corporations, media, and other elites that controlled what they were told about events going on. I have begun to realize just how universal this condition really is.

Where ever you look, you find that the vast majority of citizens love and support their respective governments. They almost worship the very people and institutions that control, lie to, and propagandize them. They don�t seem to be able to think for themselves, or see through the rhetoric that they are being fed on a daily, hourly, and even minute by minute basis. It seems like they are unable to think for themselves, or critically examine what they are told. Furthermore, God help anyone who tries to argue or present facts that defy their precious beliefs. Not only will the people turn on you, but they will run sniveling to the authorities to turn you in as a thought criminal, and make sure you are scrutinized and, hopefully, punished for your sin of disbelief.

PT: What exactly are we talking about here? What is it that you have been trying to get people to see?

WM: Everything! Trying to talk to them is like talking to, not a brick wall, but to a donkey or better yet, a sponge. There just doesn�t seem to be any spark of life, or animation, or soul. It reminds me of the movie version of The Time Machine. They portrayed the Eloy so perfectly. They were sweet, and good, and so unaware of anything outside of their little immediate world and simple pleasant games and diversions and meal times.   All the time they were being raised as food for the Morlocks.

Today, the majority of the American people � and the people of every other country as well � are like arrogant Eloy. Everything is kept out of their sight, and they live in a world designed for them to keep them producing human cannon fodder and tax revenue for the American and the West�s war machine. All the time being madly in love with their government and so proud to have been borne in their wonderful country.

I go back and forth between contempt and pity for them.    It used to be considered cute to be na�ve and ignorant of the ways of the world. Now it only seems repugnant. You see how much evil their naivet� and lack of awareness makes possible. Were it not for rubes, carneys would starve to death. Not that the government�s war machine, the elite�s criminal enterprises, and the rest are like carneys. If they are like carneys, they are like carneys on steroids, and sadistic ones at that.

Americans, especially, are like House Negros on steroids. Pardon my use of non-politically correct expressions, but I can�t think of a better word for it. Each one trying to outdo the rest in showing how patriotic they are, and how totally they believe in the government, talking heads in the media, and the successful experts and other elites in the society. Each one trying to show how faithful and useful they are, by running, sniveling to the man to fink and tattle on anyone they find that they think may not be as pure in their love for, and wholesome in their thoughts about the government and its actions, as they are. Each trying their hardest to show their willingness to be the gun toting lack of the government, either as soldier or police (Pigs), or by giving their children for this. Always hiding from their conscious mind, their fear of showing any lack of patriotic spirit and complete belief in the system. Or maybe it isn�t fear. Maybe there really is only pure love. Americans don�t know what freedom is. They only know conformity and acceptance of what they are told and what is demanded of them. The citizens of America and the world have shown an almost unlimited capacity to �Criminal Blindness� to the atrocities , not only of their governments and international organizations toward Muslim and other of favor groups, but those committed by their governments and corporations against their fellow citizens.

Even on the rare occasions when someone does, even partially, see a glimpse that something is not right with the system, all they can do is complain or question, or protest within the boundaries of the system and its intellectual restrictions and parameters of action. They never think outside of the box.

The government and elites take full advantage of this self-defeating propensity to accept anything the �Authorities� offer. They will treat the land raping red-necked ranchers and farmers that support every little detail of the government�s fascism, as pets, while treating the rest of the citizens as their cattle. It allows both groups to live as long as they accept the party line, and produce. They keep their gun toting lackeys, sniveling little toadies, and Adolf Eichmanns to enjoy slightly more power over the masses. After all, these are the Judas Goats and Sheep Dogs of the society.

This state of affairs keeps the government mostly secure and relatively unafraid of any uprisings or enlightenment of the vast majority of the masses. It realizes that it has total control over the bodies, minds, hearts, and souls of its people. It realizes that the people are so dumbed down and powerless, that revolution is unthinkable and undoable.

PT: How do the government, elites, corporations, and the rest manage to do this? Can you give an example of this state of affairs?

WM: They do this in many ways. Instead of �Bread and Circus�, as the Ancient Romans had, now it�s �Beer and Circus�. It keeps the masses entertained with sports, television shows, and movies, all subtly laced with propaganda against the current enemies, and touting the elements they want to promote. The only difference is that, instead of being free, they are just �Available�. These elements might be patriotism, hate of Muslims, disinterest in the knowledge and wisdom of the elders, and so on.

One only has to look at the Nazis of the last century for examples. I remember a part of a propaganda movie I saw that was put out by the Nazis. In it, there were these polish soldiers attacking a young �Sweet� looking German girl. She was surrounded by these obviously dirty, even �Fat� Polish soldiers. As they approached the girl, they ripped her little necklace off of her neck � it had a proximate little Nazi swastika. Then the screen went dark. Is this any different than the movies we see now with Chuck Norris fighting off a hoard of Arab �Terrorists�?

It all never changes, and the people still, as then, never are able to step back and see what is going on. As to why the people are like this, who can say for sure. Is it years and generations of propaganda? Is it that they are just so dumbed down and ignorant of psychology and how it is working on them? Is it a natural condition of humans to flow toward patriotism? Is it all of these?

I was watching �911, experts speak out�, about the absurdities of 911. They were talking about why people cannot see beyond the lies of the government�s myth about 911. They mentioned �Cognitive Dissonance� � where people cannot accept anything that disturbs their orderly world view. They also talked about other defense mechanisms people use.   Cognitive Dissonance my ass! I can think of several other words to describe what is going on in the peoples� minds. How about �Arrogance and Hubris�, or �Xenophobia and Fascism�, Hegemony and Ego�, �Exceptionalism and Bigotry�, or �Islamophobia and Cowardice�, just to name a few.

If you want an example of this, how about the blind support America and the West give to �That shitty little state�, Israel? The way that Americans � and all Westerners for that matter � think about that shitty little state and its crazy, fanatical, delusional inhabitants and supporters, this is the best example of what is wrong with the world and the retarded, brain dead, sheep that populate it.

Here you have a group of religious zealots and their supporters, claiming that the big boogieman in the sky told them that they own some land in the desert, and they have to go over there and kick out the squatters that have been there for thousands of years, since long before the big boogieman even first spoke to them. If anyone doesn�t support these people, they will be cursed by the big boogieman, and go to Hell.

The only problem is that they are not the decedents of the people that the big boogieman spoke to; they are a group of central Asians that converted to the boogieman�s religion just a few hundred years ago. Furthermore, they are not even religious people, as they do not follow any of the rules put down by the big boogieman. To top this off, they justify all of their genocide by saying that it is necessary to do it to the Palestinian people, because the German government did the exact same thing to them, or so they claim.

Now, to my mind, anyone that can believe this crap will fall for anything. They will fall for the fairytale that 19 Stone Age Muslims, led by a sick guy in a cave can thwart the greatest security system in the modern world and hijack 4 planes and fly them into buildings, all while not being able to fly even puddle jumpers.   They will believe that some Afghanistan shopkeeper or goat herder, making $50.00 per month and supporting a family of 10, is a threat to you in your house 10,000 miles away. They will believe that some cabbie that has been tortured and water boarded daily for years, really did mastermind American operations for 911, and point to his supposed confession as proof positive. They will gladly believe all of the other nonsensical comic book conspiracies that the government puts out, but they will never believe that their government is anything but true and pure. If you dare to ask any question about these or other silly beliefs or positions, they will turn on you like ravenous dogs, and bite your head off.

So, I guess that this is what is making me just a little down in the mouth. After trying for years to get people to wake up to some of the holes in these, and other stories, after trying to get them to look into some of the truly evil practices of their governments, and the treatment that their soldiers and police mead out to them and others, I get a little down. After watching them ignore or outright refuse to look at any of the books, videos, papers, websites, etc., that are out there in the hundreds and thousands, it is a bit of an irritation.

I suppose that you could say that it is none of my business what others think, and you would be right. It is just that their �Sweetness�, naivet�, criminal blindness, hatred, st**idity, and so on, makes them support the worst dictators, criminal cartels, psychopathic monsters, liars, torturers, mass murders, and genocidal maniacs that the world has ever known. I suppose this is also none of my business either, and I really shouldn�t concern myself with such matters, except that I am afraid that I , or my family ,might be the next victim of these monsters. After all, I am not as pure as these good citizens. I was born and raised in Berkeley, California. Being from Berkeley, and growing up there in the 60�s, I was 16 before I realized that �Fuck� and �America� were two different words. It was years before I realized that some �Pigs� had 4 legs and a curly tail. I thought that they all wore blue and carried badges and guns. I always thought that �Patriot� was a four letter word.

PT: Well, I certainly see where you might have something to be worried about. Non-patriotic, non-flag waving *****s are not very popular these days.

I would love to hear more about some of the things you have talked about, but the Library looks like it is opening. Can we continue this discussion another day?

WM: That sounds good. I have to get going myself. See you later.

Date Posted: 09 February 2013 at 1:51pm

Poncho has another book out: "Conversations"

Poncho is working on a 4th book. Just started. Won't be out for a while.

Date Posted: 15 June 2015 at 4:35am
I highly recommend Jeff Gates book "Guilt by association". It is about the takeover of the U.S. by Israel. Every patriotic American should read this book, so they will be able to know how to protect the Constitution, the citizens, and the government of the United States, from all enemies, foreign and domestic.

I also recommend Chris Hedges, Noam Chomsky, and Howard Zinn.

Posted By: haadiya
Date Posted: 13 February 2016 at 4:54am
A truly good magazine worth readind online is blossoms.
www.blossomsmag.com

Date Posted: 17 August 2016 at 5:06am
Blossomsmag was good. Here are some more:

I think that before we start discussing politics, we should all brush up on our Noam Chomsky, Chris Hedges, Rebecca Roth, Michael Parenti, Bonnie Faulkner, Alison Weir, Jeremy Scahill, Kevin Barrett, Gregory Noory, Friedrich Nietzsche, Helen Caldicott, Naomi Wolf, Henry Giroux, Edward Said,� Vandana Shiva, Gore Vidal, Bill Moyers, Matt Taibbi, Joel Wallach, Arundhati Roy, not to mention Poncho Threetrees, etc. (If we are to have any chance at all, we must look to alternative authors, books, websites, etc.; instead of the status quo propaganda outlets that keep us ignorant and wrong.)
websites:
www.whatreallyhappened.com
www.noliesradio.org
www.truthdig.com
www.truthjihad.blogspot.com http://truthjihadradio.blogspot.com www.truthjihad.org
www.gunsandbutter.org
www.coasttocoastam.com
www.kpfa.org
www.linktv.org
www.kpfk.org
www.ifamericansknew.org
www.palestineremembered.org
www.zcommunications.org
www.globalresearch.org
www.popularresistance.org
www.freespeech.org
www.alternativeradio.org
www.ae911truth.org
www.pacifica.org
www.wrmea.com
www.govtslaves.info
www.investmentwatchblog.com
www.veteranstoday.com
If everyone in this country (who ISN'T fooled by the Conservative, Right Wing, Fascist, Corporate agenda that we have been on for as long as anyone can remember) would just write one email, email flyer, or email chain letter, etc. every week, to a few friends, relatives, enemies, or someone and send 1 or 2 dollars every month to some organization that is trying to do something in the effort to wake up the naive citizens, maybe something would change, and we can reverse the idiocies mentioned in Thomas Frank's �What's The Matter With Kansas�. IT WOULD BE A START! Remember: It's not �Speaking truth to power�. It's �Speaking truth about power�, covertly or anonymously. (C.Y.A.)
THINK: CHAIN LETTERS

Posted By: Jawed Iqbal
Date Posted: 18 November 2016 at 1:15am
Really very Good Books
https://www.dawateislami.net/bookslibrary - free Islamic books

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2019 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net