URL: https://www.islamicity.org/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=23519
Printed Date: 20 April 2024 at 5:28am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Quranic competition
Posted By: Full of Hopes
Subject: Quranic competition
Date Posted: 17 July 2012 at 11:14pm
Asslamu alaikum we rahmatu Allah

Quran is the miracle until the last day without being changed by human words... Every time i read it i learn more so i was thinking if we could compete in Quran meanings! Something like what is meant by a certain verse.. Why is it revealed in such a way!

Before I start I must say that I'm so ignorant so everything I say is just something we shared in Quran school or I read in my tafseer books.
So pardon me!
And I have to tell u that I have this embrassibg name "queen of typos" so pardon me and correct me if I make those unpleasant spelling mistake. The believer is a mirror for his brother.

Asslamu alaikum

-------------
And whoever seeks a religion other than Isl�m, it will never be accepted of him, and in the Hereafter he will be one of the losers(3:85)

Replies:
Date Posted: 17 July 2012 at 11:28pm
بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

For the first question.. I will take you to Surat Az-Zumar 39 and to verse (39: 71) (39:73)
These two verse are explaining the way th believers are taking to the heavens and the way the disbelievers are taking to the hell fire,, may Allah save us.

The verse that is talking about the disbelievers is:
وَسِيقَ الَّذِينَ كَفَرُوا إِلَىٰ جَهَنَّمَ زُمَرًا ۖ حَتَّىٰ إِذَا جَاءُوهَا فُتِحَتْ أَبْوَابُهَا

While the one about the believers is:
وَسِيقَ الَّذِينَ اتَّقَوْا رَبَّهُمْ إِلَى الْجَنَّةِ زُمَرًا ۖ حَتَّىٰ إِذَا جَاءُوهَا وَفُتِحَتْ أَبْوَابُهَا

My question is:
WHY IS THERE (و) (wow) letter which means (and) in the verse that is talking about the believers while there is NO (wow) letter in the first verse that is telling about the disbelievers.

Do you know? Waiting for your replies.

-------------
And whoever seeks a religion other than Isl�m, it will never be accepted of him, and in the Hereafter he will be one of the losers(3:85)

Posted By: abuayisha
Date Posted: 18 July 2012 at 8:11am

Full of Hopes, assalamu alaikum. How have you been? The beautiful linguistic difference is because Gates of Hell and Gates of Paradise are vastly different - as well and believers and disbelievers. Gates of Hell are closed until occupants approach (doom and gloom), and Gates of Paradise are open (beautiful gardens - happiness). The Arabic "wow" indicates sequence. First the disbelievers approach Hell...and gates are opened.  Allah Knows Best

And those who disbelieved will be driven to Hell in groups until, when they reach it, its gates are opened and its keepers will say, "Did there not come to you messengers from yourselves, reciting to you the verses of your Lord and warning you of the meeting of this Day of yours?" They will say, "Yes, but the word of punishment has come into effect upon the disbelievers. 

But those who feared their Lord will be driven to Paradise in groups until, when they reach it while its gates have been opened and its keepers say, "Peace be upon you; you have become pure; so enter it to abide eternally therein," [they will enter].

Date Posted: 18 July 2012 at 1:22pm
We alaikum asslam aw rahmatu Allah we barakatuh
I'm fine mashAllah, Alhamdulillah. And you got correct complete answer. Allahu Akbar. Ur gift is a sincere prayer. May Allah accept.
And how are you bro? Ramdhan Mubarak

-------------

Date Posted: 18 July 2012 at 1:24pm

Next:
Which sura of Quran was revealed at once with 70 000 angels?
No googling please. That is cheating!

-------------

Date Posted: 18 July 2012 at 6:45pm
No googling!!!!???? Well, that does it for me.Confused

Posted By: Chrysalis
Date Posted: 18 July 2012 at 8:53pm
Originally posted by Full of Hopes Full of Hopes wrote:

Next:

Wild guess here... Surah Fatihah?

-------------
"O Lord, forgive me, my parents and Muslims in the Hereafter. O Lord, show mercy on them as they showed mercy to me when I was young."

Date Posted: 19 July 2012 at 10:41am
Originally posted by abuayisha abuayisha wrote:

No googling!!!!???? Well, that does it for me.Confused

XD that s cos i want u guys to READ BOOKS!!!! LOL as f i do it!! may Allah forgive us all.. Geek

-------------

Date Posted: 19 July 2012 at 10:49am
Originally posted by Chrysalis Chrysalis wrote:

Next:

Wild guess here... Surah Fatihah?

Siiiistaaaaa!!! Al Fatiah was revealed at once RIGHT *I had to read to know that* but how many angels were there? me don't know! Anyway I was jumping that you made me ponder and read to know!!

BUT the amazing thing is that this is not the sura I meant.. Ermm

it's a LONG sura! Okay.... choices? It is from the first 10 Juza'

mmm I might not be free in Ramdhan to continue this but I will leave the answer to whoever find it and write it. LOL

I will be here if I am alive after Ramdhan In sha Allah.

RAMDHAN MUBARAK!! Star MAY ALLAH ENABLE US TO FAST IT AND PRAY AT NIGHT!!

IN SHA ALLAH, THERE WILL BE TWO SPECIAL PRAYERS FOR BRO ABU AYISHA AND SIS CHRYSALIS!! since I don't know what you guys want in mind I will just say: "O Allah give them what they want!" My Allah knows lol!! and ... please pray for me. Heart

-------------

Date Posted: 27 July 2012 at 8:21pm
So nobody found this sura... Well, I said I will continue after Ramdhan then I felt like I gotta go on the IC.. Lol.

Okay Surat Al An3am سورة الأنعام
Was revealed all at once with 70 000 angels Allahu Akbar

-------------

Date Posted: 27 July 2012 at 8:23pm
Ok my next question:
In Surat Al Qasas, in the story of prophet Musa peace be upon him. The daughter when she went to her dad told him to hire Musa peace be upon him and said the he is 1- strong 2- honest

My question:
How did she know?

-------------

Date Posted: 27 July 2012 at 8:59pm
What a beautiful story...he lifted a rock, 'which could only have been lifted by ten men'. And honest/trustworthy because he directed her to walk behind him (ghadd al-basr) and throw a pebble to indicate the way.

Don't ask me how I got that answer....Embarrassed

Date Posted: 29 July 2012 at 3:36pm

What a beautiful story...he lifted a rock, 'which could only have been lifted by ten men'. And honest/trustworthy because he directed her to walk behind him (ghadd al-basr) and throw a pebble to indicate the way.

Don't ask me how I got that answer....Embarrassed

and they got married and lived happily ever after :)

-------------
"O Lord, forgive me, my parents and Muslims in the Hereafter. O Lord, show mercy on them as they showed mercy to me when I was young."

Date Posted: 29 July 2012 at 9:00pm

Don't ask me how I got that answer....[IMG]smileys/smiley9.gif" height="17" width="17" align="absmiddle" alt="Embarrassed" />

Great correct answer. Lol no questions about the source. Only google is illegal here lol.

-------------

Date Posted: 29 July 2012 at 9:03pm
Originally posted by Chrysalis Chrysalis wrote:

Don't ask me how I got that answer....[IMG]smileys/smiley9.gif" height="17" width="17" align="absmiddle" alt="Embarrassed" />
and they got married and lived happily ever after :)

This nice story teaches the father a nice lesson. if you see that a man is good why don't you ask him to marry your daughter?
That is what Shua3aib peace be upon him did when he saw how Mosa peace be upon him was righteous.

-------------

Date Posted: 29 July 2012 at 9:11pm
I felt to cry when I read this story in Quran. Let's take you with me to Surat Al tahreem.

The first aya is talking about something my beloved prophet Muhammad Peace be upon him made it forbidden for himself when it is halal/permitted for him. He kept that as a secret between him and one of his wives رضي الله عنهم  but she gave away the secret.

who is she?
Who did she told?
How did he know she gave away the secret?
What did he make forbidden when it is halal/allowed?

-------------

Date Posted: 31 July 2012 at 2:29am

who is she? Don't remember.
Who did she told? HAFSA (R.A) ?
How did he know she gave away the secret? Dont Know
What did he make forbidden when it is halal/allowed? A CERTAIN KIND OF HONEY.

Not too sure about my answers...

-------------

Date Posted: 03 August 2012 at 12:39am
May Allah bless sis Chrysalis and Bro AbuAyisha.. Jazakiallah Khairn.

Who is she? Our mother Hafsa RAA
Who did she tell? our mother Aisha RAA
how did he know? Quran answers this question
(And [remember] when the Prophet confided to one of his wives a statement; and when she informed [another] of it and Allah showed it to him, he made known part of it and ignored a part. And when he informed her about it, she said, "Who told you this?" He said, "I was informed by the Knowing, the Acquainted."
What did he make haram for him? There are two stories ..honey is one of the stories. Actually my beloved PBUH used to have some honey in رthe house of his wife Sawdah RAA.
So our mothers Hafsa RAA And Aisha RAA agreed that whenever the prophet peace be upn him comes to any of them, like he goes close to her she says: "you ate maghafeer"

Maghafeer it is a sweet dish that has bad smell.

So when he PBUH came to Hafsa she said so and Asiah RAA said the same. the prophet BPUH hated any bad smell coming from him so he said to one of them: no but I had honey and I will never have it again. And he swore that he won't have it again.
But she told the other.

-------------

Date Posted: 03 August 2012 at 12:44am
Next question:

Which sura of Quran is the protector from the torment of the grave?

Easy one .... Come on!

-------------

Date Posted: 03 August 2012 at 5:54am
Mulk

Date Posted: 08 August 2012 at 8:42pm

Mulk

Correct May Allah bless you .... I must ask a very difficult one next time...

-------------

Date Posted: 08 August 2012 at 8:53pm
Next question is also easy....

No time to look for some more difficult questions in Ramdhan ..

This is a short sura that when it was revealed the prophet sallahualaihiwaslam knew his death was soon.

What is it?

-------------

Date Posted: 08 August 2012 at 8:56pm
Next question in case I don't have time to come online...

in Quran the stories of the messengersand prophets of Allah are repeated.. Sometimes in details and sometime in brief... But this story is mentioned just once mean in one place..

Which prophet is he? Peace be upn on all the messngers of Allah.

-------------

Date Posted: 12 August 2012 at 11:19pm

Cry no answers? me gonna go cry alone in the corner!!!

-------------

Date Posted: 13 August 2012 at 4:34am

Surat An-Naşr

Date Posted: 13 August 2012 at 4:38am
Sura Yusuf - story mentioned only once.

Posted By: Aman Shaikh
Date Posted: 03 May 2016 at 3:20am
Hello

Quran is best Book in islamic.

Khuda Hafiz.

Posted By: Aman Shaikh
Date Posted: 17 May 2016 at 6:40am
Salam Walikum

The holy Quran useful information sharing for this post.

Thanks dear.

Khuda Hafiz.

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2019 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net