Print Page | Close Window

Your Ideal Wife

Printed From: IslamiCity.org
Category: Culture & Community
Forum Name: Groups : Men (Brothers)
Forum Description: Groups : Men (Brothers)
URL: https://www.islamicity.org/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=2334
Printed Date: 18 April 2024 at 10:13am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Your Ideal Wife
Posted By: Brother123
Subject: Your Ideal Wife
Date Posted: 20 September 2005 at 2:01am

Asslamualikum,

What would be your ideal wife. What exactly are you looking for and why and do you think you will get such a wife/ 

To kick start the topic here Some recommended qualities that one should look for when choosing a wife http://www.shariahway.com/islamic_marriage.htm - http://www.shariahway.com/islamic_marriage.htm

Replies:
Posted By: Jenni
Date Posted: 20 September 2005 at 10:03pm
Brother123 can you stop shamelessly promoting your lame website? Wahabism 101..... No thanks

-------------
You cant be a good muslim if you are not decent and have a cold heart. Be a decent and kind person and care for women and children and the elderly.

Date Posted: 21 September 2005 at 5:59pm

Seems you need to learn to hate a little less

Posted By: Jenni
Date Posted: 21 September 2005 at 9:31pm
I don't appreceate men who are trying to set women back like the Taliban in Afghanistan and most Muslim women in the world don't either, we won't stand for it buddy, not anymore....

-------------
You cant be a good muslim if you are not decent and have a cold heart. Be a decent and kind person and care for women and children and the elderly.

Date Posted: 22 September 2005 at 5:20am

You mean you dont appreciate Islam. Nothing to do with Taliban your issue is with islam. You just cant stand women being dressed like the Prophets wives or the sahabiyat. Well boil in your anger because more and more educated Muslim women are choosing to be dressed in Niqab and stay at home etc.

And Muslim women wont stand for  Misguided or Munafic  women  (or   men)telling them they should be like kaffir women and not like the wives of the Prophet (peace be upon him)

http://www.shariahway.com/ - www.shariahway.com

Posted By: Angel
Date Posted: 23 September 2005 at 11:32am

mmmmmmm

not gonna say anything, I'm with Jenni

-------------
~ Our feet are earthbound, but our hearts and our minds have wings ~

Date Posted: 27 September 2005 at 7:16am

Angel you with jenni or with Islam?

Posted By: kenski70
Date Posted: 28 November 2005 at 7:48am
hahahaha good luck trying any of those rules in the US. I can see it now.what you cheated on me ........what i can't?  OK I will divorce her.........what she gets the house,the car,half my pension,and $900 a month alimony too?

-------------
Sorry about that turn signal,I must have fallen asleep.

Posted By: ak_m_f
Date Posted: 28 November 2005 at 9:31am
.......ok

Date Posted: 28 November 2005 at 11:11am
Originally posted by Brother123 Brother123 wrote:

You mean you dont appreciate Islam. Nothing to do with Taliban your issue is with islam. You just cant stand women being dressed like the Prophets wives or the sahabiyat. Well boil in your anger because more and more educated Muslim women are choosing to be dressed in Niqab and stay at home etc.

And Muslim women wont stand for Misguided or Munafic women (or   men)telling them they should be like kaffir women and not like the wives of the Prophet (peace be upon him)

what about when muslim womans went in the battle fields during the time of prophet and served as "medics"

the women Companions accompanied the men to battle to nurse the wounded and feed the thirsty. For example, Umm Ayman, the nurse and freedwoman of the Prophet, was present at the battle of Uhud in 4/625, at Khaybar in 7/628, and at Hunayn in 8/630, primarily in her capacity as a nurse

Do you know that woman fought on the battlefields?

most famous female warrior of the early Islamic period is the Ansari woman Nusayba bt. Ka'b, also known as Umm 'Umara. She was present at Uhud, al-Hudaybiyya(9/630), Khaybar, Hunayn, and al-Yamama (12/633-34). At Uhud, she (along with her mother, according to some accounts) valiantly defended Muhammad when the tide began to turn against the Muslims. She fought with a sword and a bow and arrow, sustaining severe injuries in the process. Her assailant was a man named Ibn Qumi'a from the opposing Makkan side, who had loudly declared his intention to kill the Prophet. Umm 'Umara would later proudly state that she had managed to strike at Ibn Qumi'a, ruing, however, the fact that "the enemy of God had on two suits of armor." She would later lose a hand at al-Yamama during the battle against the false prophet Musaylima after the fall of Mecca in 9/630

And Prophet used to be a merchent for a woman who owned business.

more educated Muslim women are choosing to be dressed in Niqab and stay at home etc

So you are telling me that after spending $40,000 in university they sit in home? then wahts the point of wasting those $$$ if they will not help you in the life

Posted By: Abeer23
Date Posted: 28 November 2005 at 2:12pm

akmf, I don't shake hands with men and I've never had a problem with my male employers, co-workers, or guys that just stop me to ask about Islam.  They're actually really cool about it.  The ONLY men that have ever complained about me not shaking their hands were muslim men (this is not a joke).  

Salaam

Date Posted: 28 November 2005 at 2:51pm
Originally posted by Abeer23 Abeer23 wrote:

The ONLY men that�have ever complained about me not shaking their hands�were muslim men (this is not a joke).��

damn.....

Posted By: Khadija1021
Date Posted: 28 November 2005 at 9:16pm

Brother123,

Did you know that there is only one reason stated in the entire Qur'an for restricting a woman to her home?  I have been looking for ayats to confirm your position (since you fail to do so) on women being restricted to their homes and I could only come up with one.  It is Ayat 15 of sura Nissa.  It is as follow:

(Sura Nissa, Ayat 15) If any of your women are guilty of lewdness, take the evidence of four (reliable) witnesses from amongst you against them; and if they testify, confine them to houses until death do claim them, or Allah ordain for them some (other) way.

This would imply that you and men like you believe that all women are guilty of lewdness and therefore deserve to be confined to their homes, or by confining them to their homes, you are protecting women from committing lewdness.  This doesn�t paint a very position picture about how you and men like you view women.  Do you really think that unless women are locked away from the rest of the world they will be adulteresses or prostitutes?  Don�t you have any faith in Allah?  Or do you think that only men can be truly righteous?  Maybe you should simply start backing up what you say with some ayats from the Qur�an or some hadiths.

I don�t have to read your list, I know that the only criterion any righteous Muslim should use in choosing a wife is the level of her faith in Alllah.

�A woman is married for four things, i.e., her wealth, her family status, her beauty and her religion.  So you should marry the religious woman (otherwise) you will be a loser.� (Hadith 027 of Vol 7, Book 62, Shahi Bukhari)

Maybe Allah protect the woman who ends up being locked away in your house.  Ameen.

And by the way, who do you think you are?  When did Allah come to earth and give you the right and power to judge who is or isn't on His Straight Path?  The last time I read the Qur'an (which by the way was today), Allah reserved that position for Him and Him alone.

PAZ,

Khadija

-------------
Say: 'My prayer and my rites, my living and my dying, are for Allah alone, the Lord of all the worlds. (Qur'an, 6:162)

Posted By: Suleyman
Date Posted: 29 November 2005 at 10:43am

To Brother 123,

Brother 0ne-two-three,with coming from the ayat(4*15)which Sister Khadija showed us,if staying in homes for women is the way Allah showed to us for living the best as u say???;then how it could be same for the punishment of adultery if it is the way shown for happiness?...i think you are wrongly commenting on the other ayats...i leave the rest for u if u want to search...:)

Posted By: Guests
Date Posted: 31 January 2006 at 7:31am

Salam Alaikum.....

Brother123, I think you must first decide where do you want life with your ideal wife. Muslim or Non Muslim country...

BTW:I found at your site some social lifes articles intereting for me...

Posted By: fatima
Date Posted: 04 February 2006 at 6:27am

bismillah irrahman irrahim

assalamu alaikum

com'n giv the brother a chance, honestly i cant figure out bout this outrage, now let me tell u this story from life of Sayyidina Muhammad (saw), It is related from Ali (ra) that he said that once he was sitting among many sahabah (ra) n they were discussing what is best quality of a women n they could not comeup with any definite answer so they all retired from this meetin n went to their homes now when Ali (ra) got home he told this to Fatima (ra) n asked her opinion on that She said best quality of a women is that she does not see a na-mehram n is not seen by a na-mehram. next day Ali (ra) met Sayyidina Muhammad (saw) n told him the whole thing a Sayyidina Muhammad (saw) said she is a part of me, subhanAllah.  n bout her it is said that on day of judgement it will b announced that every1 lower their gazes bcos fatima (ra) is comin, subhanAllah such a status

i know every1 will say time has changed, this that n so much more but being honest when i had a break from me finishing uni n startin work, that was best time of my life, I know every1 has different levels of imaan but that feeling of closeness to ur lord i would giveup every thing for that, i suppose its just matter of choice nothing got2 do wiv time

wassalam

Posted By: candor
Date Posted: 07 February 2006 at 3:16am
Originally posted by Abeer23 Abeer23 wrote:

akmf, I don't shake hands with men and I've never had a problem with my male employers, co-workers, or guys that just stop me to ask about Islam.  They're actually really cool about it.  The ONLY men that have ever complained about me not shaking their hands were muslim men (this is not a joke). 

Salaam

Assuming you are telling the truth, the Muslim men which you have met are a very small percentage of Muslims.

And yes, once given freedom to move out of home, many (if not most) of the women (especially, those who adopt Western culture) start acting like prostitutes, i.e they wear improper dresses to fool stupid boys (I don't feel sypathy for them, either). And don't deny it, you know it as you have been seeing that in the West.

-------------
Courage is not absence of fear.
Smoking is injurious to health.
Bigger is the gun, smaller is the brain.
Intelligence=Knowledge+Imagination.

Posted By: candor
Date Posted: 07 February 2006 at 3:18am
Originally posted by Brother123 Brother123 wrote:

And Muslim women wont stand for  Misguided or Munafic  women  (or   men)telling them they should be like kaffir women and not like the wives of the Prophet (peace be upon him)

Brother, I told you to ignore these lame and bloke-headed Westerners.

-------------
Courage is not absence of fear.
Smoking is injurious to health.
Bigger is the gun, smaller is the brain.
Intelligence=Knowledge+Imagination.

Posted By: Angela
Date Posted: 07 February 2006 at 7:47am
Anyone notice Brother123 hasn't logged in since October?  I doubt he has even seen any of these posts.

Posted By: Khadija1021
Date Posted: 07 February 2006 at 11:51am

Assalamu Alaikum

Originally posted by candor candor wrote:

Assuming you are telling the truth, the Muslim men which you have met are a very small percentage of Muslims.

And yes, once given freedom to move out of home, many (if not most) of the women (especially, those who adopt Western culture) start acting like prostitutes, i.e they wear improper dresses to fool stupid boys (I don't feel sypathy for them, either). And don't deny it, you know it as you have been seeing that in the West.

Brother Candor, so this is your justification for locking up women?  They are guilty by virtue of their gender and are not capable of being pious unless they are completely suppressed by being kept under lock and key.  Would you be so kind Brother Candor and show me ayat in the Qur�an to justify you position?  It seems that you hold the belief that men in general are pious while women in general are evildoers.  Would you please show me in the Qur�an where Allah says such about the nature of men and women? 

Ashukru-lillahi Rabbil-Alameen wala-hawla  wala quwata illa billah

Allah Hafiz

Sister Khadija

-------------
Say: 'My prayer and my rites, my living and my dying, are for Allah alone, the Lord of all the worlds. (Qur'an, 6:162)

Date Posted: 19 February 2006 at 12:06am
Candor: 

As salamu alaikum,

Some sisters "forget themselves" when given freedom to move about and be on their own without a chaperon.  However, such women already had a disease in their hearts long before leaving home.  Many of these women, though brought up in Muslim families, do not have proper understanding of their religion (I know plenty of sisters like this). 

Don't get me wrong I believe fathers, brothers, husbands, etc. need to be extra protective of the women under their care, especially when living in the West.  And mothers need to educate their daughters as to how to live in accordance with Islamic etiquettes, whether they're inside or outside of the home.   This is a duty given to us by Allah Ta'ala. 

Salaam

Date Posted: 19 February 2006 at 12:07am

Originally posted by Angela Angela wrote:

Anyone notice Brother123 hasn't logged in since October?  I doubt he has even seen any of these posts.

Yea, I think he got bored with the topic

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2019 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net