Print Page | Close Window

Allah's favorite!

Printed From: IslamiCity.org
Category: Religion - Islam
Forum Name: Interfaith Dialogue
Forum Description: It is for Interfaith dialogue, where Muslims discuss with non-Muslims. We encourge that dialogue takes place in a cordial atmosphere on various topics including religious tolerance.
URL: https://www.islamicity.org/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=22002
Printed Date: 24 June 2021 at 1:46pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Allah's favorite!
Posted By: honeto
Subject: Allah's favorite!
Date Posted: 20 October 2011 at 6:07am
Jews claim to be Allah's chosen or favorite people. if you are a Jew, what does that mean to you, how that make you different than anyone else? What about a Jew who is not practicing his/her belief?
Hasan 

-------------
39:64 Proclaim: Is it some one other than God that you order me to worship, O you ignorant ones?"

Replies:
Posted By: Reepicheep
Date Posted: 20 October 2011 at 7:05am
Just to clarify: Jews and Christians believe that Jews are God's chosen people, not God's favourite people.

Interestingly, it is Muslims who believe that Jews are Gods favourite people:

O Children of Israel! Remember My favor wherewith I favored you and how I preferred you to (all) creatures. Surah 2:47

Posted By: Jack Catholic
Date Posted: 20 October 2011 at 12:02pm
Dear Hasan,

As  a Catholic Christian, I believe that Jews were and still are Allah's chosen people.  They will retain this status untill the end of the earth on behalf of Abraham (pbuh).  Allah promissed Abraham that he would grace all children of Abraham with this status.

God Bless,

Jack Catholic

Posted By: Mansoor_ali
Date Posted: 24 October 2011 at 12:22am
Originally posted by Reepicheep Reepicheep wrote:

Just to clarify: Jews and Christians believe that Jews are God's chosen people, not God's favourite people.

Interestingly, it is Muslims who believe that Jews are Gods favourite people:

O Children of Israel! Remember My favor wherewith I favored you and how I preferred you to (all) creatures. Surah 2:47

Reply to Reepicheep.

There is no difference between 'chosen' and 'favourite'.You can verify http://www.thefreedictionary.com/Chosen - here .

But question is:whether Jews are chosen people of God?

Answer is very simple:Obviously not.Those people who reject prophets of God are not any more favourite people of God.

Date Posted: 24 October 2011 at 8:09am
Mancoor_ali wrote: There is no difference between 'chosen' and 'favourite'

I don't agree, so I'll continue to use the word "chosen" when refering to what Christians and Jews believe RE: the Jewish people.  And, since YOU believe that the words "chosen" and "favourite" have the same meaning, then I assume that you, too, have no objection to using the term "chosen" within this thread? 

Unless, of course, you are deliberately trying to offend Christians and Jews through the use of the term "favourite", in which case I assume you will continue to use it.

In any case, it is impossible to deny that the Koran states that Jews are God's favourite people.  Correct?

Date Posted: 24 October 2011 at 2:39pm
Jack,
there is answer for you in Mansoor's post, do you contest that?
Recicheep, Quran uses past tense if you read those quotes again. Mansoor is right, they (who claimed to be Jews) not only rejected Jesus (pbuh) they called him an illegitimate child, they also reject Prophet Mohammed (pbuh).
I will close with this verse from the Quran;
5:18 "But the Jews and the Christians say, "We are the children of Allah and His beloved." Say, "Then why does He punish you for your sins?" Rather, you are human beings from among those He has created. He forgives whom He wills, and He punishes whom He wills. And to Allah belongs the dominion of the heavens and the earth and whatever is between them, and to Him is the [final] destination."
Hasan

-------------
39:64 Proclaim: Is it some one other than God that you order me to worship, O you ignorant ones?"

Posted By: Mansoor_ali
Date Posted: 28 October 2011 at 12:20pm

Response to Reepicheep

If you are not God's favourite people then how you can be God's chosen people?

Date Posted: 29 October 2011 at 6:53am
Mansoor_ali wrote: If you are not God's favourite people then how you can be God's chosen people?

The English language words "favourite" and "chosen" do not have the same definition. 

For example, last night I saw part of a TV show about the occupation of Holland by Nazi Germany.  If the Dutch Underground killed a German soldier, the Germans would choose ten innocent civilians at random and execute them.  Are these ten chosen civilians the ten favourite civilians of the Germans?  Hardly.

As the character Tevye says to God in the movie "Fiddler on the Roof":

I know, I know. We are Your chosen people. But, once in a while, can't You choose someone else?
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0067093/quotes?qt0386181 -

Date Posted: 31 October 2011 at 9:47am
Reepicheep,
if you did not bother to click on link Masoor kindly privided to you, I will paste it here for you.

Hasan

cho·sen
v.
Past participle of http://www.thefreedictionary.com/choose - choose .
adj.
1. Selected from or preferred above others: the chosen few.
2. Having been selected by God; elect.
n. (used with a pl. verb)
The elect considered as a group. Often used with the.

-------------

Date Posted: 31 October 2011 at 9:53am
This is a very interesting thread.  Muslims not only insist that Jews are God's favourite people, they demand that Jews accept this, too.

Jews, of course, believe that God does not play favourites.  It is interesting that muslims not only insist that God plays favourites, they also believe that muslims are not God's favourite people.

I wonder how much of the hostility muslims have had for Jews over the centuries  is caused by muslims being jealous of this supposed favouritism muslims believe that God shows towards the Jewish people.  If muslims are angry that the Jews are (according to the koran) God's favourite people, then shouldn't they take this up with God and not the Jews????

Date Posted: 02 November 2011 at 12:43pm
Reepicheep,
I agree some times playing du-- works, sorry this time it did not help you much except make you look only st---.

If you look back way up in my first post I just wanted to know if Jews think or believe that they are God's chosen or favorite.
Muslim do not insist, nor believe that Jews are God's favorite.
Many Christians also believe that Jews are God's chosen and have to be supported.
So I wanted to know your reasoning if you thought they were and why?
Hasan

-------------

Date Posted: 23 November 2011 at 2:41pm
I think we have come to an agreement here, namely:

(1) we agree that Jews and Christians believe that Jews are God's chosen people, not God's favorite people,

(2) we agree that the words chosen and favorite have different definitions and are not interchangeable, and

(3) even though muslims believe (based upon what it says in the koran) that the Jews were chosen by God to be his favorite people, it is irrational for muslims to expect Jews and Christians to share this belief, since Jews and Christians do not believe that the koran was divinely inspired.

In regards to what it means to to be "chosen" by God: according to the bible, God told Abraham (Genesis 12:3), Isaac (Genesis 26:4), and Jacob (Genesis 28:14) that the Jewish people were chosen to be the means by which "all peoples on earth will be blessed."

Christians believe that this blessing is Jesus who, through his death and resurrection, absolved all people of their sins. In Acts 3:25, Peter tells his fellow Jews that Jesus is this blessing. And, in Galatians 3:8 Paul makes it clear that gentiles, too, have been so blessed.

Anyone can receive this great blessing.  All we have to do is believe that Jesus died for our sins, and eternal life is ours.

Date Posted: 01 December 2011 at 3:41pm

Again Reepicheep you proved that you only want to hear yourself.

You said: " that the Jewish people were chosen to be the means by which "all peoples on earth will be blessed."
I am not sure too many people who keep up with the current affairs will agree with you on that.
As we know today, most of the misery and problems in this world are the result of those who call themselves Jews.
What kind of blessing is that?
What kind of blessing is that, according to history it was Jews who conspired to kill Jesus (pbuh)?
I think you need to go behind words to know what they stand for in order to really understand, who is a Jew or Christian or a Muslim.
You make no sense whatsoever when you say that "Jesus died for our sins". No one can pay for anyone else's sins, according to the NT, OT, and the Quran.

Jesus himself has been quoted in the Bible to have said that each one will pay for their own sins, even every word you speak you will pay for it on the Judgment Day. Jesus (pbuh) according to the Bible even has said, if your hand commits a crime, cut it out so your whole body would not be thrown into the hell fire.  So, my friend, nothing match of what you say even to your own Bible, how poor that must be when trying to convince yourself, let alone to impress anyone else with that, for get about to believe.
May Allah guide you to the right.
3:55 (Y. Ali) Behold! Allah said: "O jesus! I will take thee and raise thee to Myself and clear thee (of the falsehoods) of those who blaspheme; I will make those who follow thee superior to those who reject faith, to the Day of Resurrection: Then shall ye all return unto me, and I will judge between you of the matters wherein ye dispute.

Hasan

-------------

Date Posted: 02 December 2011 at 4:32am
Honeto, you're not the first muslim I've communicated with who has suddenly gone off on a racist, hate filled rant about Jews, but you are the first one who's rant was motivated by my claim that Jesus is a blessing to humanity.

What words would you use to describe Jesus?  Do you think he was a curse on humanity? 

I suggest you go through the koran and read what it says about Jesus.  You will be surprised to learn that the koran states he is a prophet. 

Date Posted: 03 December 2011 at 3:30pm
Reepicheep,
I don't understand what you mean, where did I say a thing against Jesus (pbuh)? I know my Quran, and I love Jesus (pbuh) and cannot disrespect or deny him his status as a beloved prophet of God. Can you show me where I have disrespected him? Did you even read my post? understood it?

Hasan

-------------

Date Posted: 03 December 2011 at 3:52pm
I said Christians believe that Jesus (who is a Jew) is a blessing to all, and you responded with a hate filled rant about how Jews aren't a blessing.

If it wasn't my mention of Jesus which caused your rant, then what was it?  Do you agree or disagree with Christians when we say that Jesus is a blessing?

Please explain the connection between my post, and your rant about how Jews (including, presumably, Jesus) are not a blessing.  And, please make note of the fact that the bible does not state that all Jews are a blessing.  In fact, quite the opposite.  It clearly states that Jesus is the only Jew who blessed the world.

Date Posted: 06 December 2011 at 2:33pm
Reepicheep,
I think you re confused my friend about what you think I have said. Of course Jesus (pbuh) was a blessing, as a Muslim I believe that.
I said how could those Jews who were after Jesus (pbuh) , who called him an illegitimate child, who wanted to kill him and made every effort to do so can be a blessing? that was my question.
And just to let you know, I don't believe Jesus (pbuh) was a Jew. Jesus (pbuh) was a Muslim as according to the words associated to him in the  NT, he did the will of the 'Father', God Almighty and that's what we do as Muslims, that's what all of God's prophets did and taught.

Hasan

-------------

Date Posted: 07 December 2011 at 7:17am
honeto wrote:  I don't believe Jesus (pbuh) was a Jew.

A very strange and bizarre claim for you to make.

According to the bible, Jews are those people who are direct descendants of Jacob (the grandson of Abraham).  Since Jesus is (according to the bible) a descendant of Jacob, Christians believe he is a Jew.

If, as you claim, Jesus is not Jewish, then what ethnic group do you claim he belongs to?

Your basic logic seems to be as follows: all Jews are evil.  According to the koran, Jesus is perfect and sinless.  Therefore, Jesus cannot be Jewish.

But the koran also states that Jacob (the first Jew) is a perfect and sinless prophet.  Therefore, according to you, Jacob also cannot be a Jew.  But if the "first Jew" is in fact not a Jew, then clearly there are no Jews, since (according to you) all descendants of Jacob are non Jews.

If, as you claim, Jews don't exist, then how do you explain the numerous references in the koran to the Jewish people?  Are all those passages in error??? 

Date Posted: 11 December 2011 at 9:14pm
Reepicheep,
please don't speak for me, let me speak for myself.
It was you lack of understanding of the matter as I see you are interseted in his ethenicity rather belief when you say: "If, as you claim, Jesus is not Jewish, then what ethnic group do you claim he belongs to?"
I was talking about his belief. He worshipped and served what he is refered to have called " God the Father", submitted to God's will.  All of that makes him Muslim by the belief he practiced.
As far as ethnicity, there are Muslims today who were of Jewish ethnicity, as well as Christians or Jews who are of Arab ethnicity. So please don't confuse one with the other.
Those who were the people of the book and refuse to accept Jesus (pbuh) as the Messiah are known as Jews, those who accepted Jesus (pbuh) and did not accept to seal of prophets, Prophet Mohammed (pbuh) who brought the guidance from God are known as Christians. And those who accepted the last prophet and follow the teachings he brought from God are in fact true believers, as we submit to none else but God. The true belief that always existed and reinstated by prophets like Moses, Noah, Abraham, David, Jesus and Mohammed (pbut). The religion of submission to the One and only God, Al-Islam.
Hasan

-------------

Date Posted: 14 December 2011 at 7:31am
honeto wrote: I was talking about his belief

I think I understand.  You are claiming that Jesus was an ethnic Jew who realised that the "Jewish religion" (i.e., Jewish law as brought to the Jewish people by Moses) was evil and wrong.  Jesus therefore rejected Moses because he considered him to be (as do you, apparently) a false prophet.

In your future posts, when you suddenly launch into a hate filled rant against "the Jews", I think you need to clarify which "Jews" you mean.  I suggest you preface your rant with one of the following statements, which I believe accurately describe your two definitions of Jews:

"In the following post, when I spew forth vitriolic hatred towards Jews, I am referring to 'ethnic Jews' which includes Jacob and every one of his descendants, without exception."

or

"In the following post, when I spew forth vitriolic hatred towards Jews, I am referring to "religious Jews" which includes Moses and every single person who considers Moses to be a prophet sent by God."

ASIDE: I suggest you refer to the koran and discover what it says about Moses.  I think you will be surprised by what you discover, just as you were surprised by what the koran says about Jesus.

Date Posted: 17 December 2011 at 1:05pm
ReepiCheep,
stop acting st_pid and stop playing dum_, and really I don't mean to disrespect you but you do it yourself, you disrespect yourself when you act this way and start to make statments about other as if you understood them.
You are 100% wrong in your drama filled understanding and responding to my simple statement. You are wrong when you said:
"I think I understand. You are claiming that Jesus was an ethnic Jew who realised that the "Jewish religion" (i.e., Jewish law as brought to the Jewish people by Moses) was evil and wrong. Jesus therefore rejected Moses because he considered him to be (as do you, apparently) a false prophet."
Again 100% wrong, I guess knowing you and youor poor understanding capacity it is expected, right. See, how you are saying things that I never said, just your assumptions my dear. Moses was God's prophet, and as a Muslim I respect all of God's prophets and what they brought as God's message.
And stop writing hatefilled, sensless things, and if you don't have anything good to say then best thing will be to stay quiet and listen others.
Hasan

-------------

Date Posted: 18 December 2011 at 5:37am
Honeto, don't get discouraged.  I think we are making very significant progress within this thread in our attempt to determine the identities of these "Jews" you hate so much.  In particular, we have determined that the following two groups of people:

(1) Jacob and all his descendants, and

(2) people who consider Moses to be a prophet

are NOT Jews, since many sinless, perfect muslim prophets meet both these criteria.

I wish to return to the following statement you made earlier:

honeto wrote: most of the misery and problems in this world are the result of those who call themselves Jews.

In particular, I'm intrigued by your use of the word "most" in the above sentence.  You are claiming that between 50% and 100% of all misery in the world is caused by Jews.  Correct?

That's kind of a wide range for us to work with.  Can you provide us with a more precise estimate?  Are Jews responsible for 65% of the world's misery?  90%?  99.6%?  Even 100%? 

Ideally, I'd like you to give a statistically precise estimate including both standard deviation and confidence level.  For example:

"Jews are responsible for 89.6% +/- 0.7% of the world's misery, at a 95% level of confidence."

Date Posted: 22 December 2011 at 12:44pm
Reepicheep,
I am not the one discouraged my dear, I don't give up on people like you. There is always hope as giving up hope is sinful in Islam.
I have never said as you claim that I hate Jews. In fact, I have good friends that are Jews, I ate with them, invited them to eat with me. I also understand that people of all races and religions have both good and bad, no one excluded. I believe, as Islam teaches me that it is each one of the person that will prove him/herself to be good or bad. And that is my point, no nation is above the other or favorite of Allah. If any has a higher degree in the sight of Allah, it's the one who serves Him best.
As far as my statement that the Jews are responsible for most of world misery, I completely stand behind that and can go into detail but it will be off topic.
Hasan
(on vacation in Mexico)

-------------

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2019 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net