Forum Description: Theories that may or maynot bear relevance
URL: https://www.islamicity.org/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=20861
Printed Date: 19 March 2024 at 2:03pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Christians
Posted By: lady
Subject: Christians
Date Posted: 26 May 2011 at 12:37pm
This question is an extension to a question Dougg posted today?
Do christians plan on taking over the world?

Replies:
Posted By: Douggg
Date Posted: 26 May 2011 at 1:34pm
double post - oops.

Date Posted: 26 May 2011 at 1:42pm
Originally posted by Douggg Douggg wrote:

Originally posted by lady lady wrote:

A small majority called dominon theologists do believe that they have to convert all of the world to Christianity and then the world as the kingdom of God would be handed over to Jesus when he returns.   The same could be said for the Kingdom now group.    The RCC also, I believe think that it is up to them to save the world when things get really bad.   Their beliefs in this area are a little hazy imo.

Certainly during the middle ages, things got way out of control with the popes and the inquisition, and evil reigned.  Similar things were happening in the protestant sector.   But none of those things are in the mindset of Christianity today.

For the vast majority of Christians, our orders from Jesus is to spread the gospel throughout the nations.   It is not our mission to take over the world under the banner of Christianity.  

Ultimately, the end times events will begin which are beyond our (Christian) control.   Some Christians like me think we will be pulled out of the world in the rapture before the 7 years of the Antichrist.   Other Christians think they will have to go through part or all of it.  

In the past few years there has been a line of thought within Christianity, that the Antichrist will be the muslim Mahdi and that Islam will be his religion.    It's an appealing train of thought for us because some of the Muslim expectations line up with the Antichrist passages in the bible.

I entertained that idea about 8 years ago before it became popularized.  After talking to many muslims on line regarding their end times prophecies, I concluded that it was not possible once a person gets into the details.

What I think is going to happen is that Islam is going to disappear as a religion as a result of the Gog/Magog invasion of Ezekiel 38 and 39.   When God defends the Jews and not the Muslims, it will become apparent even to muslims - the ones who are left - that their religion was not what they thought.   

I know muslims make much out of calling the western armies crusaders (Christian), but Christianity is not going to defeat Islam at all.  It will be totally by God by supernatural means in Ezekiel 38 and 39.   It is entirely possible that Christians will be taken out of the world before that event happens.

When Islam and the muslim countries in the middle east are destroyed in Gog/Magog, the Antichrist man shows up and the Jews will think he is their king messiah.   Well that starts out the 7 years of the Antichrist.

There will be persons who become Christians during that time but they will be persecuted by the Antichrist.  There will be many martyrers and deaths.
Islam will not be around... which I know is something impossible for muslims to think possible.   But something similar happened with the collapse of the soviet union and communism.

We do believe that Jesus is going to return at the end of the 7 years and defeat the Antichrist.   And that he will reign and rule on this earth for 1000 years.   There will be no religions during that time except what Christians believe regarding Jesus.

But it is not by our power that it is going to happen.   We are just the messenger.  And that is the best way to look at us.

Posted By: islamispeace
Date Posted: 26 May 2011 at 1:46pm
Yes, the Christians do want to take over the world so they can continue to bore us with stories about the Rapture and tribulations which will never come!  LOL  

-------------
Say: "Truly, my prayer and my service of sacrifice, my life and my death, are (all) for Allah, the Cherisher of the Worlds. (Surat al-Anaam: 162)

Date Posted: 26 May 2011 at 1:48pm
Originally posted by islamispeace islamispeace wrote:

Yes, the Christians do want to take over the world so they can continue to bore us with stories about the Rapture and tribulations which will never come!  LOL  

Have you considered that the Rapture is to take us out of this world?  How are we going to take over the world by not being here?

Doug L.

Posted By: islamispeace
Date Posted: 26 May 2011 at 1:50pm
Originally posted by Douggg Douggg wrote:

Have you considered that the Rapture is to take us out of this world?  How are we going to take over the world by not being here?

Doug L.

What is "because it will not actually happen", Alex?   

Duh. LOL

-------------
Say: "Truly, my prayer and my service of sacrifice, my life and my death, are (all) for Allah, the Cherisher of the Worlds. (Surat al-Anaam: 162)

Posted By: longears
Date Posted: 14 November 2011 at 10:09am

None that I've known personally (which would include Christians affiliated with most of the moderate sects, Franciscans, Anglicans and Episcopalians, Methodists, Presbyterians, Lutherans, Church of Christ, Catholics, Eastern Orthodox, Quakers, Mormons, and a few others I can't recall off-hand).  However, as some "Christian" extremist groups seem to have louder voices and larger numbers now than at any other period during my lifetime, I can't answer your question definitively.  I hope that the answer for the majority of Christians is "no".

One of the Church's early founders, Clement, Third Bishop of Rome, a student of Peter the Apostle, wrote that there is more than one gate, that Christ is but one of them.   rebecca

Posted By: Dick
Date Posted: 06 March 2012 at 7:09am
I like what Mike Revero of www.whatreallyhappened.com says about these people and their rapture. He is of the opinion that These Christian Zionists are a problem for the whole world due to their seeking to hasten armageodon by helping Israel to make war on the Arabs, Iran, etc. Then the world can be turned into a sea of green glass, and Jesus (pease be upon him) will come down and invite them all up to the big house in the sky. I myself would prefer to put this off for a few years, and die in my sleep at 98.

Posted By: Senna Bernd
Date Posted: 31 March 2014 at 1:09am

-------------
The Know-nothing-At-aLL who questions much

Posted By: lady
Date Posted: 02 April 2014 at 2:10am
Thanks for your time and your reply. This post is one of those posts that I ask myself," lady why did u even write that question. And how silly of u to post something like that."

Posted By: abuayisha
Date Posted: 02 April 2014 at 5:20pm

Posted By: Optimal Unity
Date Posted: 10 October 2014 at 9:02pm
It is hardly a silly question, all of the worlds powers want to take over the world to instigate their power over it and be right in history.

The truth is they are all wrong, there will be no Antichrist, there will be no War of Gog and Magog wiping Islam out unless Islam does not read the signs it is presented and they want Armageddon like the Zionists, and Christians leaving the decision to the hereafter to decide who was right and who was wrong.

My view is that Islam is the only power stopping this Godless Zionist movement from taking hold, the problem is that the answer does not lie in an Islamic State or World based on Islam.

The answer is in the truth of all religions, we know so little of the truth that Islam is also being self righteous and too proud to allow for a world that is unified in the glory of one God who has diversely lead us to this point, this way for a reason.

Until we stop being self-righteous and look to the mysteries of creation we will not achieve the Kingdom of Heaven on Earth.

Islam needs to accept that the way of life can not be formulated as it tries to do with its Laws, you can not read words, prostrate and pray your way into favour with Allah. You need to look within and see Allah and his creation for the truth it holds and your relationship with it.

We can get there peacefully and not by war, I have some ideas if anyone cares to discuss.

Posted By: Tim the plumber
Date Posted: 02 November 2014 at 9:00am

I think they would like to but since the Christian bits of the world have had so many religious wars that they had to adopt a tolerant approach to religious ideas and allow freedom of religion the obvious question of "Why is yours better than his?" means that the division of Christianity into so many sects as to be uncountable has made it impossible.

If you don't want to have this happen to your religion try not to have religious wars.

Posted By: kaos anak
Date Posted: 02 November 2014 at 9:15am
They can't do that. Because Islam is the true religion ;)

Date Posted: 02 November 2014 at 9:57am
I know I have sent you to keep an eye on Christianity, and we did amazing things, and you became two eyes as that is the truth, however you have seen too much and in the attempt to be me, you have failed to read the signs, you have become too judgemental and have divided my heart.

Stop with the violence please please bring Peace back to Islam and quieten your minds so that I may put my heart back together again.

Posted By: Tim the plumber
Date Posted: 02 November 2014 at 10:14am
Originally posted by Optimal Unity Optimal Unity wrote:

I know I have sent you to keep an eye on Christianity, and we did amazing things, and you became two eyes as that is the truth, however you have seen too much and in the attempt to be me, you have failed to read the signs, you have become too judgemental and have divided my heart.

Stop with the violence please please bring Peace back to Islam and quieten your minds so that I may put my heart back together again.

Er.....

Eh?

Who are you talking to?

Date Posted: 02 November 2014 at 10:34am
Originally posted by Tim the plumber Tim the plumber wrote:

Er.....Eh?Who are you talking to?

Nobody

Posted By: Caringheart
Date Posted: 02 November 2014 at 8:01pm

you can not read words, prostrate and pray your way into favour with Allah. You need to look within and see Allah and his creation for the truth it holds and your relationship with it.

you can not read words, prostrate and pray your way into favour with the Creator. You need to look within and see the Creator and His creation for the Truth it holds and your relationship with it.
Smile  Thumbs%20Up

-------------
Let us seek Truth together
Blessed be God forever
"I believe in Jesus as I believe in the sun... not because I see it, but because by it, I see everything else.: - C.S.Lewis

Posted By: Samuel
Date Posted: 16 August 2015 at 3:15pm
It would be difficult to in honesty say christians plan to take over the world from 2 perspectives
1) Christ himself made it clear he was not come to set up a worldly kingdom for himself but was more concerned with our spiritual well being and our role as christians is to make the world a better place by loving people and yes also to spread the word about Christ.
2) As Christians we believe that in the end the world is to be taken over by the evil one and that God will finally sort that out and then we get to final Judgement

So there may be groups who have political or cultural reasons to attempt word domination but that doesnt or at least shouldnt stem from true christian doctrine but rather their politcs or nationalism etc.

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2019 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net