Print Page | Close Window

What is a Prophet?

Printed From: IslamiCity.org
Category: Religion - Islam
Forum Name: Islam for non-Muslims
Forum Description: Non-Muslims can ask questions about Islam, discussion for the purpose of learning.
URL: https://www.islamicity.org/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=1980
Printed Date: 28 April 2024 at 6:48am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: What is a Prophet?
Posted By: Jazz
Subject: What is a Prophet?
Date Posted: 19 August 2005 at 5:27pm
What is a prophet?

What qualities, traits and virtues would be required to be considered a prophet?

What qualities, traits or virtues would render a person not qualified to be considered a prophet?

I have difficulty understanding why is it that in the faith through Islam, one must believe that Mohammed was a prophet, for one to be considered a true believer in God, and those who don't believe Mohammed's claims of being a chosen prophet are considered to be of lesser faith or on the wrong "path".

I just don't get it...........why is that?

Replies:
Posted By: Deus
Date Posted: 19 August 2005 at 6:19pm

I think it's a matter of definitions and creed. Let me explain my point of view on this (good question by the way).

The first step to becoming a Muslim is to establish a faith in the existence of a god. So from non-belief (atheism) one becomes a believer. Next, he/she must believe in the oneness of God, that there is no god but the supreme God who sends prophets to this word in order to guide them. So far, this person can be either a Christian, Jew or a Muslim, so we have to add more criteria. After having established belief in the one GOD, a Muslim must believe that Muhammad is also a prophet and a messenger of the one God. Thus, a Muslim is one who believes in the one God and that Muhammad is the messenger of God (this is what defines a Muslim). So from the Muslim�s perspective, if someone rejects the prophethood of Muhammad then he is also rejecting God�s doctrine and is therefore �on the wrong path.� On the other hand a Christian, for example, would consider a Muslim �on the wrong path� because Christianity denies that Muhammad is a prophet of God.

I hope that answered part of your question.

What qualities, traits and virtues would be required to be considered a prophet?

Well, this is a matter of definitions as well. A prophet would be one who has received inspiration/revelation from God. However, God would choose a righteous person with good virtues (e.g. truthfulness, morality, etc.) to be a prophet.

Date Posted: 23 August 2005 at 1:36am
Originally posted by Deus Deus wrote:

I think it's a matter of definitions and creed. Let me explain my point of view on this (good question by the way).

The first step to becoming a Muslim is to establish a faith in the existence of a god. So from non-belief (atheism) one becomes a believer. Next, he/she must believe in the oneness of God, that there is no god but the supreme God who sends prophets to this word in order to guide them.

Thanks Deus,

This part (in bold) is the part that I have difficulty with.

How do you know what God does?.......how do you know God sends "prophets"?

Anyone can claim to be a "prophet" or anyone can claim that someone is a "prophet" sent by God.........how does one ascertain whether such people are telling the truth?

Out of interest, is there any report from ancient history that you know of that shows Jesus claimed to be a prophet?........I am already aware that there are reports that he said he was "sent" by his "Father"......but nothing that suggests that he claimed being a prophet.

When one compares the guidances and reported behaviour of Mohammed to that of Jesus, which man, based on your own sense of morality and human decency would you deem to be worthy of being prophet-material?

Posted By: Tasneem
Date Posted: 23 August 2005 at 5:58am

Jazz wrote: "When one compares the guidances and reported behaviour of Mohammed to that of Jesus, which man, based on your own sense of morality and human decency would you deem to be worthy of being prophet-material?"

Mohammed (PBUH) was a human being and so was Jesus (PBUH). Muhammed (PBUH) displayed all the qualities of a human being in every sense whereas Jesus (PBUH) while being a human being abstained from certain human characterstics such as remaining celibate, putting up with oppression & torture etc. Both were given the power by God to perform miracles though the miracles of Jesus were more overt or pronounced such as he was of virgin birth, he spoke in his cradle, healed the leper and gave sight to the blind. These characteristics that were a gift from God were construed to be God Himself and Jesus began to be worshipped as God and the concept of the trinity came in. So the true message of Jesus was corrupted by giving him a divine status whereas God is free of any need and is in no way like the human being who has biological needs.

Mohammed (PBUH) was sent to humankind by God as an ordinary human being. Unlike Jesus who spoke in his cradle and was of virgin birth, Mohammed received his first revelation at the age of 40. Before that he displayed exemplary charateristics and was called "al-amin" by his people including Jews (meaning trustworthy). He did not ask anything for himself eventhough people from Mecca offered him everything materially possible to be one of them (idolator), but he refused. On more than one occassion his companions were able to see Angel Gabriel among them which itself was a proof that he was receiving revelations. Also when you read the Quran and his message it contains everything eg oceanography, gynaecology, geology,etc everything of which has been scientifically proved to be true and further there is greater elucidation of the knowledge that came before via the Gospel or the Torah. But according to the Quran he was illiterate and the above knowledge was not known at all during that time. God in His own wisdom bestowed upon human beings a prophet who showed all the characterstics of a fine human being and but for him most of todays Muslims would probably have associated others with God and fallen into blasphemy. This is the reason why Muslims follow Prophet Mohammed and acknowedge the great favour that was bestowed upon mankind via Mohammed (PBUH) the last prophet.

Date Posted: 23 August 2005 at 10:04am
Originally posted by Tasneem Tasneem wrote:

Jazz wrote: "When one compares the guidances and reported behaviour of Mohammed to that of Jesus, which man, based on your own sense of morality and human decency would you deem to be worthy of being prophet-material?"

Mohammed (PBUH) was a human being and so was Jesus (PBUH). Muhammed (PBUH) displayed all the qualities of a human being in every sense whereas Jesus (PBUH) while being a human being abstained from certain human characterstics such as remaining celibate, putting up with oppression & torture etc.

Thanks Tasneem,
What evidence do you rely upon to conclude that Jesus was
celibate.
Even if this were to be true, what does celibacy or tolerating torture have to do with prophetic qualities?

Both were given the power by God to perform miracles though the miracles of Jesus were more overt or pronounced such as he was of virgin birth, he spoke in his cradle, healed the leper and gave sight to the blind.

How do you know that God gave power to perform miracles to Jesus and Mohammed?

How do you know God even sent any prophets?

Anyone can claim to be or claim that someone is a prophet, why should this be believed?

What were the miracles that Mohammed allegedly performed?

These characteristics that were a gift from God were construed to be God Himself and Jesus began to be worshipped as God and the concept of the trinity came in. So the true message of Jesus was corrupted by giving him a divine status whereas God is free of any need and is in no way like the human being who has biological needs.

How does whether Jesus was considered to be divine or not corrupt his true message?

Why should a person's status in terms of divinity necessarily corrupt the guidances or message they delivered?

It seems it was Mohammed who ignored the true message of Jesus, some of the most important of which were to love one and other, do to others as one would have them do to you, love your neighbour, forgive and love your enemy, etc.

Are you saying these good guidances were not from Jesus or are corrupted?

Mohammed claimed that God wanted mankind to do much the opposite to what Jesus guided people to do, cruel inhumane things like to kill, raid and ambush, punish, dismember, flog, enslave, plunder, loot, crucify, beat one's wife.

How can two alleged prophets sent by God be so opposite in their guidances?

Aside from stories of trinity, divinity and resurrection, what exactly are the corruptions of the true message of Jesus?

Mohammed (PBUH) was sent to humankind by God as an ordinary human being. Unlike Jesus who spoke in his cradle and was of virgin birth, Mohammed received his first revelation at the age of 40. Before that he displayed exemplary charateristics and was called "al-amin" by his people including Jews (meaning trustworthy).

How do you know that God sent Mohammed as a prophet?

Like I said, anyone can claim to be a prophet or claim that someone else is a prophet, it does not make it true.

Whether someone is considered to be trustworthy by a few people does not necessarily qualify the person as a prophet........I know lots of trustworthy people who display exemplary characteristics.
It does not mean they will always be trustworthy and not deceive.

He did not ask anything for himself eventhough people from Mecca offered him everything materially possible to be one of them (idolator), but he refused. On more than one occassion his companions were able to see Angel Gabriel among them which itself was a proof that he was receiving revelations.

Would you cite the evidence of Mohammed's companions seeing an angel?...............if they did actually see someone, how do you know what they saw was an angel?

How did Mohammed know that he was visited by an angel?........it could have been a demon............how do you know he was not lying and actually saw nothing at all?

It seems it was Waraqa who suggested to Mohammed that he was visited by an angel, before that Mohammed thought he was possessed by a demon.......why should Waraqa be correct in his guess?

Also when you read the Quran and his message it contains everything eg oceanography, gynaecology, geology,etc everything of which has been scientifically proved to be true and further there is greater elucidation of the knowledge that came before via the Gospel or the Torah.

I have read much about the retro-fitting of modern day scientific discoveries to Quran and find most attempts are flawed and a stretch of the imagination

But according to the Quran he was illiterate and the above knowledge was not known at all during that time.

According to sahih ahadith, some narrated by Aisha, Mohammed was not illiterate........even if he was it does not qualify him as a prophet and most of what was allegedly "revealed" about the "scientific knowledge" in Quran was already known by people hundreds of years before Mohammed's time or was quite simply observable by anyone at the time.

God in His own wisdom bestowed upon human beings a prophet who showed all the characterstics of a fine human being and but for him most of todays Muslims would probably have associated others with God and fallen into blasphemy. This is the reason why Muslims follow Prophet Mohammed and acknowedge the great favour that was bestowed upon mankind via Mohammed (PBUH) the last prophet.

There is no proof or even any evidence that God sent any prophets or angels.

Sahih hadith attest that Mohammed was far from being the "fine human being" by normal standards.

I suggest it was Jesus who was an example of a "fine human being" and his message and guidance of love, mercy, tolerance, kindness and forgiveness is evidence of this by comparison to Mohammed's claims of God seeking to have inhumane atrocious acts carried out upon fellow humans, such as killing, enslaving, cruel punishments, crucifying, oppression, raiding, ambushing, looting, dismembering, flogging, beat one's wife out of paranoia, etc.

Posted By: Tasneem
Date Posted: 23 August 2005 at 4:43pm

011.025:We sent Noah to his people (with a mission): "I have come to you with a Clear Warning:

011.026:"That ye serve none but Allah: Verily I do fear for you the penalty of a grievous day."

011.027: But the chiefs of the Unbelievers among his people said: "We see (in) thee nothing but a man like ourselves: Nor do we see that any follow thee but the meanest among us, in judgment immature: Nor do we see in you (all) any merit above us: in fact we think ye are liars!"

011.028: He said: "O my people! See ye if (it be that) I have a Clear Sign from my Lord, and that He hath sent Mercy unto me from His own presence, but that the Mercy hath been obscured from your sight? shall we compel you to accept it when ye are averse to it?

011.029:"And O my people! I ask you for no wealth in return: my reward is from none but Allah: But I will not drive away (in contempt) those who believe: for verily they are to meet their Lord, and ye I see are the ignorant ones! 

011.030:"And O my people! who would help me against Allah if I drove them away? Will ye not then take heed?

011.031:"I tell you not that with me are the treasures of Allah, nor do I know what is hidden, nor claim I to be an angel. Nor yet do I say, of those whom your eyes do despise that Allah will not grant them (all) that is good: Allah knoweth best what is in their souls: I should, if I did, indeed be a wrong-doer."

To me Jesus (PBUH) is as important as Mohammed (PBUH). You have the choice to believe in whatever you wish, I will not be held accountable for what you do and you will not be held accountable for what I do. The above verses stand true for all the messengers. But history repeats itself when man is blinded by his arrogance and thinks he is all sufficient. Whatever you have claimed in the last two sentences of your post are a deliberate slight on the character of the prophet either from ignorance or from reading material designed to taint Islam as a false religion as believed by those to whom books were sent earlier. Thankfully we don't impose our religion on anyone such as what has been going on for centuries by others through either force or bribe. Yet, those who are guided are moving to Islam everyday of their own free will and no one can harm Islam in the least by their attempts to demonise it as false. But for sure they harm themselves.

Posted By: mouhssine4
Date Posted: 06 September 2005 at 2:49pm

if you beleive the message than you will beleive in the messenger

try to study the message that Mohammed(pbuh) brought to us

unlike other religions islam asks us to focus on the message not the messanger as he the messanger is only a human

and what is the message then

there is no Creator, no God, no mercifull but God the only One He is the first and the last, and He is the One that can do anything

Date Posted: 07 September 2005 at 4:02am
Originally posted by mouhssine4 mouhssine4 wrote:

if you beleive the message than you will beleive in the messenger

This is not logical and in my opinion is not a good advice.

What if I had a message in the mail, it appealled to me as good and I believed it?..........it makes no sense that I should also believe everything the mail-man says or delivers or even believe the message was from who the mail-man said it was from.....he could have written it himself.

Now if the mail-man were to say "I have brought you one good message, therefore you must believe everything I deliver, and I am the only mail-man who delivers good messages nowadays, there will never, ever be another mail-man who delivers good messages"........would you really commit to believing that every message the mail-man delivered was good?............if so.........why?

Would you believe that the mail-man was good in everything he did beside deliver messages.........he might be a liar, a cruel, murdering thief who delivers messages in his spare-time.

A good advice........

"Watch out for false prophets (or mail-men/messengers). They come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ferocious wolves."

Posted By: beloved
Date Posted: 07 September 2005 at 6:52am
Jazz, you have put an interesting discussion.  But after reading the replies, I did not find the answer for your fundamental question which is

remains unanswered.

Tasneem has quoted Holy Quran, but did not answer it.

Posted By: Deus
Date Posted: 07 September 2005 at 2:56pm
Originally posted by beloved beloved wrote:

remains unanswered.

[sarcasm] While we're at it, we might as well as ask: How do you know God exists? [/sarcasm]

Date Posted: 07 September 2005 at 8:24pm
[sarcasm] While we're at it, we might as well as ask: How do you know God exists? [/sarcasm]

This question can be easily answered by a follower of "True Religion".

Date Posted: 08 September 2005 at 1:37am
Originally posted by Deus Deus wrote:

Originally posted by beloved beloved wrote:

remains unanswered.

Dear Deus,

Please let's keep on focus, this thread is about people who call themselves or are considered as "prophets, chosen by God"

Why not start another thread about "How do you know God exists"?

Here is something to think about when it comes to the question of "prophets"

Mind-Manipulating Groups:

Are you or a Family Member a Victim?

The following statements, compiled by Dr. Michael Langone, editor of Cultic Studies Journal, often characterize manipulative groups.

Comparing these statements to the group with which you or a family member is involved may help you determine if this involvement is cause for concern.

Place a checkmark beside all items that characterize the group in question.

If you check many of these items, and particularly if you check most of them, you might consider examining the group more closely.

* The group is focused on a leader to whom members seem to display excessively zealous, unquestioning commitment.

* The group is preoccupied with bringing in new members.

* The group is preoccupied with making money.

* Questioning, doubt, and dissent are discouraged or even punished.

* Mind-numbing techniques (such as meditation, chanting, speaking in tongues, denunciation sessions, debilitating work routines) are used to suppress doubts about the group and its leader(s).

* The leadership dictates sometimes in great detail how members should think, act, and feel (for example: members must get permission from leaders to date, change jobs, get married; leaders may prescribe what types of clothes to wear, where to live, how to discipline children, and so forth).

* The group is elitist, claiming a special, exalted status for itself, its leader(s), and members (for example: the leader is considered the Messiah or an avatar; the group and/or the leader has a special mission to save humanity).

* The group has a polarized us- versus-them mentality, which causes conflict with the wider society.

* The group's leader is not accountable to any authorities (as are, for example, military commanders and ministers, priests, monks, and rabbis of mainstream denominations).

* The group teaches or implies that its supposedly exalted ends justify means that members would have considered unethical before joining the group (for example: collecting money for bogus charities).

* The leadership induces guilt feelings in members in order to control them.

* Members' subservience to the group causes them to cut ties with family and friends, and to give up personal goals and activities that were of interest before joining the group.

* Members are expected to devote inordinate amounts of time to the group.

* Members are encouraged or required to live and/or socialize only with other group members

Date Posted: 08 September 2005 at 6:39am
Jazz,

The following statements, compiled by Dr. Michael Langone, editor of Cultic Studies Journal, often characterize manipulative groups.

This one does not matter.  No one will ever read it.  No one is interested in it.

Posted By: pilot
Date Posted: 11 September 2005 at 11:39pm

Jazz,

look in this link may be you will find the answer from your own bible:

http://www.aslamt.com/research/21.html - http://www.aslamt.com/research/21.html

Date Posted: 13 September 2005 at 1:51am
Originally posted by pilot pilot wrote:

Jazz,

look in this link may be you will find the answer from your own bible:

http://www.aslamt.com/research/21.html - http://www.aslamt.com/research/21.html

Thanks Pilot,
It's not my own bible..........I don't accept bibles as being anything more than stories and records of past times.
I am particularly interested tho' in Gospels of Matthew, Mark, Luke and John, and the reported sayings of Jesus.
From my own analysis it seems Jesus never claimed to be the only son of God, never claimed godly divinity or to be God, never claimed to be a Jew, never claimed that YHWH was God or was his father.
Jesus in fact denounces YHWH, Abraham and Moses.
Jesus never said to create, join or follow any religion, or to engage in ritual, group worship.
Jesus never claimed that he would die for man's "salvation".
Jesus never claimed to be celibate (i.e. not have sex relationship)

What do you think?

Posted By: Israfil
Date Posted: 14 September 2005 at 4:21pm
Originally posted by Jazz Jazz wrote:

What is a prophet?

What qualities, traits and virtues would be required to be
considered a prophet?

What qualities, traits or virtues would render a person not
qualified to be considered a prophet?

I have difficulty understanding why is it that in the faith through
Islam, one must believe that Mohammed was a prophet, for one
to be
considered a true believer in God, and those who don't believe
Mohammed's claims of being a chosen prophet are considered
to be of
lesser faith or on the wrong "path".

Well to quote the famous Jewish Philosopher (whose book I'm
currently studying now for Grad studies) Moses Maimonides
said that a prophet is one who like the rest of us are born with
the faculties to receive spiritual revelation. It is such that like our
own individuality it is different from person to person. Though it
is a common faculty not all people can be prophet's because
the other half is by the will of God.

In addition its not only those faculties and the will of God, it is
also a combination of being wise and one who morally
compatible to receive revelation. Muhammad not only
possessed the common faculty that we all have but he was also
morally compatible and naturally, a distinct human being than
from most humans in his time just like prophets before him.
What he possessed was a faculty that no scientist perhaps can
empirically study nor a psychologist can examine. Of course
this is a matter of faith but if you wanted a more in depth
approach to this then here is my understanding of it.

Posted By: IssaEl999
Date Posted: 19 March 2011 at 3:50pm
Originally posted by Jazz Jazz wrote:

What is a prophet?

What qualities, traits or virtues would render a person not qualified to be considered a prophet?

I have difficulty understanding why is it that in the faith through Islam, one must believe that Mohammed was a prophet, for one to be considered a true believer in God, and those who don't believe Mohammed's claims of being a chosen prophet are considered to be of lesser faith or on the wrong "path".

The Word Was Made Fleah And Dwelt Amongst Us --John 1 ; 14 , The prophet were the bearers of the Word's Of The Most High .
He shall not speak of himself ; But whatsoever he shall Hear , That shall he Speak ... John 16 ; 13 . Elyown Elyown El has sent his chosen ones Specially endowed with Right Knowledge and OverStanding far beyond the Capabilities of ordinary men so that they may be example and give Guidance and Direction . Adam / Noah / Abraham / Ishmael / Moses / Yashu'a / Muhammad Word manifested in the flesh , To whom the word was sent . These men were Elevated in rank by the decree of Elyown Elyown El ...Because they marked a generation of change in the life of Man , Women / Children ....
Holy Qur'aan 2 ; 253
We have made some of these Apostles / Prophets to excel others . Among them are they to who Allah spoke . And somr of them he exalted by ( Many ) Degrees of ranks .

Excelling by rank has nothing to do woth Distinction amongst the Chosen of Elyown Elyown El . For he also says ; '' Not To Make Distinction Between Any Of Them . Holy Qur'an 2 ; 136 .

All of them are to be respected as those sent by Elyown Elyown El . As exaples of Righteousnees and are not to be exalted one above the other as the Christian do with Yashu'a , And the Muslim's do with the prophet Muhammad . Each of the Prophe's / Apostle's had a specific Duty which made them different as in the the days of Elijah who walked into the realm of Elyown Elyown El .

There were no Prophet / Postles or Prophet / Postles placed above other . The missions of some of them had made a generation of change as previously discussed ; hence , They are Titled '' Major '' . Otherwise none are any higher then the other , All of Elyown Elyown El . Prophet / Postles because of genuine sensitivity and perception far above the capabilitles of ordinary men . Appealed directly to The Spirit Of Man . They lived the Truth , Which they set before man and exhorted them to follow it , Not Out Of Force , But Of Freedom And Spirit , Which was good and the will of Elyown Elyown El . The qualities of those chosen by Elyown Elyown El . As teachers and examples were piety and truth . Inspired by Elyown Elyown El . They conveyed His Messages and Commands to all Men / Woman / Children .

The meaning from Webster's Dictionary is as follows ;
1 . A person who speaks for the Lord , or as though under divine guidance .
2 . A religious teacher or leader regarded as , Or claiming to be , Divinely Inspired .
3 . A spokesman for some cause , group , movement , Etc , A person who predicts future events in anyway .

The Roget's Thesaurus's defintion is as follows ;
1 . A Prophet is a Predicter , Forecaster , Foreteller , Seer , Forseer , or a Soothsayer .
They were also known in a Biblical sense by name such as ; Buddha ( Buddism ) , Confucius , ( Confucian ) , Ram Mohan Ray (Brahms Samaj ) ..

In Hebrew the word prophet means .
1 . Actuated by a divine afflatus , or spirit , either rebuked the conduct of Kings and nations , Or predicted future events .
1Kings 22 ; 7
That the Lord sent a prophet unto the children of Israel which said unto them , Thus saith the Lord Allah of Israel , I brought you up from Egypt , And brought you forth out of the house of Bondage .

In Arabic the word for prophet breaks down as follows ;
A prophet one who acquaints or informs men , Or who is acquainted or informed respecting Elyown Elyown El , And the unseen these two words signify Elevation .. Is considered a less special meaning and range than Rasuwl for a -- Is a Rasuwl but every Rasuwl is not a , To be exalted , To announce .. News , An announcement , message , account or A Story .
Nabiy = Prophet is one who has received direct inspiration Wahy = By means of a Angel , Or by the Inspiration of the Heart he has seen the working of Elyown Elyown El In A Dream .

A Prophet was primarily a person who played a leading or active part in instilling the belief and morality that is expected by Elyown Elyown El in the hearts of the people . They were known to foresee disater and also to console the people . He may bring new laws and interpret them or forefill old laws and guide men into the light of Goodness and Righteousness . There were 124, 000 Prophet Of Elyown Elyown El .

In Webster's Unabrighed Dictionary We Find The Word '' Apostle '' Defined As ;
--- One sent on a special Mission
---- An advocator or leader of a new principle or movement .
In Arabic we can break the word '' Apostle '' down as ;
Rasuwl , meaning '' One Sent '' Emissary , Envoy , Delegate , Referring to Mustafa Muhaamed Al Amin . .
Messenger , Runner
Apostolic Delegate .
Mail Iitem , Letter , Epistle , Message .
Sending , Forwarding , Dispatch .
Consignment , Shipment Expedition , Mission .
Correspondent Reporter .
Sent , Forwarded , Dispatched , Delegated .
With the article Al = The added on to Rasuwl , Especially appllied to Muhammad it is one who carries on by consecutive progressions . The relation of the tidings of him who has sent him . .
In Luke 6 ; 13 , And when it was day , He called unto him his disciples ; And of them he chose twelve . Whom also he named Apostles .
The word used for Disciples is '' Tilaamydh . This is plural form of '' Tilmydh '' ( the femi - nine form is '' Tilmydhat '' Which means '' Puplils '' , or Disciple '' . Thess words come from the word . '' Tilmadh '' , Which means '' he became a pupil or a disciple '' . Yashu'a called his disciple '' Apostles '' because they were sent out to spread the truth which he taught them .
Mark 6 ; 30 And the apostles gathered themselves together unto Jesus and told him all things , Both what they had done , And what they had taught , An Apostle literally means '' One Sent '' Who has a special mission which has been entrusred to him explaining '' Prophecies '' . ( There Were 315 Apostles )

-------------
El's Holy Qur'aan , States In Chapter 17 ; 81 , '' And Say ; Truth Has ( Now ) Arrived , And Falsehood Perished ; For Falsehood Is ( By Its Nature ) Bound To Perish (81 ) .

Posted By: e-zine
Date Posted: 27 March 2011 at 6:42am
Will I still be technically classed as an infidel because I refuse to believe in Muhammeds teachings but only in Ibrahim, Musa, IIyas and  Al-Yasa's teachings?

Posted By: e-zine
Date Posted: 27 March 2011 at 6:44am
This is very interessting. Could you please tell me of where in the bible I can find cross references to this. Thanks you.

Posted By: IssaEl999
Date Posted: 27 March 2011 at 11:01am
Originally posted by e-zine e-zine wrote:

This is very interessting. Could you please tell me of where in the bible I can find cross references to this. Thanks you.

What Was The Teaching Of (  Ibrahim / Musa ) According To Scripture ?

-------------
El's Holy Qur'aan , States In Chapter 17 ; 81 , '' And Say ; Truth Has ( Now ) Arrived , And Falsehood Perished ; For Falsehood Is ( By Its Nature ) Bound To Perish (81 ) .

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2019 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net