Print Page | Close Window

sisters looking for practising brothers??

Printed From: IslamiCity.org
Category: Culture & Community
Forum Name: Groups : Women (Sisters)
Forum Description: Groups : Women (Sisters)
URL: https://www.islamicity.org/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=19182
Printed Date: 28 March 2024 at 5:18pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: sisters looking for practising brothers??
Posted By: natalie
Subject: sisters looking for practising brothers??
Date Posted: 16 March 2011 at 5:49am
Hey my beautiful sisters!

Salam alaikum wa rahmatulah wa barakatu

This is my first time on islamcity and it seems a brilliant site to meet new sisters.

My husband is always asking me if i know any practising sisters who are looking to get married and subhanallah all the sisters i know where i live, (south wales) are married! So im branching out lol and this may be the perfect place inshallah!

Mashallah my hub is studying in madinah university at the moment and has a few friends and my brother in law who are looking for a wife. I pray that Allah makes it easy for them ameen.

Are there any sisters looking for practising brothers??? As far as ive been told they are interested in revert sisters.

Any1 out there lol!

Replies:
Posted By: seeja
Date Posted: 16 May 2011 at 8:39pm

Assalam-u-Alaikum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuhu

Can I have the ethnicity? I mean the country of origin of groom.

Posted By: lady
Date Posted: 16 May 2011 at 9:39pm
Walaakum Salaams sister Natalie. Can I ask you why are your brother in law and his friends looking for revert sisters? Why would they not be interested in just practicing muslim sisters.  My advice to them is that they should try to marry within their community first. Are there no single muslim sisters in their community? I just think that sometimes marrying outside of the community could potentially be dangerious. It is easier to know the reputation of a future husband or wife from the community that you are expose to.  I wish them the best.

Posted By: Hayfa
Date Posted: 17 May 2011 at 9:29pm
Salaams,

I am not sure this is the best place either. Islamicity does have a marriage section.. We are spread out all over and distance relationships are tough. And revert sisters have the toughest of all.  on one hand many are sincere in their efforts to be good Muslims, on the other hand, for many "born" Muslims its a big adjustment. We are not from where they are and they expect or are used to women like the ones they grew up with.  They like our skills to be be more independent and yet they might not like our independent minds..ad we might know our rights and speak up.. lol

-------------
When you do things from your soul, you feel a river moving in you, a joy. Rumi

Date Posted: 22 May 2011 at 9:01pm
Assalam-u-Alaikum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuhu

Dear Sister Lady

I would like to know which type of marriage will be better to form an Islamic family, a revert Man/ Woman marrying a revert or marrying a born Muslima/Muslim. As far as I am concerned if any single one among the family is a born Muslim/Muslima it will be better for them to lead the true Islamic life. There will be an added advantage also if one among them knowing the Arabic also, I mean from the Arab community. In order to learn and practice the religion of Islam in the correct way we need to go deep into the subject.

Date Posted: 23 May 2011 at 9:28am
Walaakum Salaams Seeja. It does not matter if a person is a revert or a born muslim. To even say born muslim is incorrect, because every human being is born muslim. I still think that a practicing muslim is a practicing muslim. The same muslim you will see in japan is the same you will see in the states, etc. The person must be a practicing muslim in order to see few differences. If someone reads the quran in his or her language, it should still have the same meaning. So therefore, there will be no excuse for someone to make the statement, " well I did not know that we have to do this or that." Because it is stated clearly in the quran what are responsibilities are as muslims. And just because someone is a born muslim does not mean that he or she is leading the true islamic way. It still goes back to if the person is truely practicing or not. Also too, if someone is a newly revert muslim, and that person is truly practicing with the limited amount of knowledge he or she knows, then he/she is still practicing the true islamic way in his/her own pace. If someone was born in the arabic community and speak the language he does not get more blessings for that compared to someone who is learning the quran in his own language. PLease correct me if I am wrong.

Date Posted: 24 May 2011 at 4:09am
Originally posted by lady lady wrote:

Walaakum Salaams Seeja. It does not matter if a person is a revert or a born muslim. To even say born muslim is incorrect, because every human being is born muslim. I still think that a practicing muslim is a practicing muslim. The same muslim you will see in japan is the same you will see in the states, etc. The person must be a practicing muslim in order to see few differences. If someone reads the quran in his or her language, it should still have the same meaning. So therefore, there will be no excuse for someone to make the statement, " well I did not know that we have to do this or that." Because it is stated clearly in the quran what are responsibilities are as muslims. And just because someone is a born muslim does not mean that he or she is leading the true islamic way. It still goes back to if the person is truely practicing or not. Also too, if someone is a newly revert muslim, and that person is truly practicing with the limited amount of knowledge he or she knows, then he/she is still practicing the true islamic way in his/her own pace. If someone was born in the arabic community and speak the language he does not get more blessings for that compared to someone who is learning the quran in his own language. PLease correct me if I am wrong.

Asslamu Alaikum

You are absolutely correct. All the Muslims are same in one belief and in guidance of one faith irrespective of their country, sect, clour etc.

I only want to tell that the presence of a Muslim within the family who can understand Arabic well may be an added advantage.

Expressing the Muslims as practicing and non practicing is the correct way than to use the word of born and revert.

So if we follow like this, all the revert will come under the category of practicing Muslims, why because they selected the faith by choice and not by chance as in the case of one who born in a Muslim family. For a revert person who stars as a practicing Muslim may need help of somebody who knows the religion deeper, so it will be good to have somebody like this within the family itself.

Expecting more comments and suggestions on this subject.

Posted By: Hayfa
Date Posted: 26 May 2011 at 4:31am
Asalam Alaikum,

You are correct in that finding a "practicing" Muslim with a strong knowledge is preferable.  But that is true for any spouse-finding a good practicing partner.  All too often culture trumps religion.

The issues for reverts are not only connected to knowledge. I think  this is less so now then before with things like internet, classes at masjids etc. To find the right partner in life is very much cultural. Lots of people can have good "knowledge" does not make them good teachers.  Many people cannot step aside their own boxes of their lives and look at things from a different perspective- how it feels, how westerners learn- methodologies, having patience etc etc.  Too often they want the wife to cook like mama back home and treat that as Islamic.  The spouse needs also to be understanding of western society. Reverts have families that are not Muslim. Many conflicts happen on that end. Just as with other families, you marry not just the spouse but join with the family.

-------------
When you do things from your soul, you feel a river moving in you, a joy. Rumi

Posted By: Umm_safaa
Date Posted: 29 September 2011 at 2:15pm
Asalamu alaikum

I read your email and was curious if you found any sisters from this forum. Please advice what is the best avenue to find practicing matches for practicing brothers and sisters. It seems to be a big challenge to find a spouse.

Umm_safaa

Date Posted: 03 October 2011 at 9:06pm

Asalamu alaikum

The most fundamental question when choosing a partner is a religious one. While choosing a husband, a woman should focus on the suitor's behavior and commitment to religion. 

Seeja 

-------------
Islam (Total Surrender, Submission, Obedience, Sincerity and Peace with Allah) is for all people, in all places and in all times

Posted By: Wardah
Date Posted: 21 December 2011 at 7:28am
Walecum aslam sister Natali

Wellcom to the Islamic city, I know one muslimah she resides in Canada but she is not a reverter. She is a born muslimah. let me know if you are interested than we will talk more.

Posted By: sanaqueen
Date Posted: 14 September 2013 at 2:15am
Hello everyone,
I hopeful you are fine.I have read love all posts.IReally bro ,i am truly this shear with you.Friends listen I have shearing some information's with you.I have you like it.Are you want get marriage with Bradford city U.k man and woman.Any regions.Than friends visit here..
Keep up the good work
http://www.shaadi-direct.com/london-city-matrimonials-3696.htm - http://www.shaadi-direct.com/london-city-matrimonials-3696.htm

Posted By: bushra_tab
Date Posted: 29 October 2014 at 5:17pm
AOA.
I am looking for a revert Muslim brother to get married. My age is 35 and I am living in the UK. Please contact me if anyone knows and want to refer me to someone practicing Muslim. Jazakallah

Date Posted: 14 December 2014 at 5:35am
The best way to marry someone is to go to the local mosque and spend time there to get to know people. A lot of people lie about their character online. It is true that you can find a lot of variety of men online but to find a good spouse online is like trying to find a needle in a haystack. Even if you grab that needle, there may be thousand of them that will try to attack your hand as you pull it out of the haystack. haha
Anyway, Good luck in your search but I think that the most trusted way is to spend time with someone in your local community.
If you want to still find a spouse online then my recommendation is to find out if there are a lot of single women in his community. Go there and talk to the sisters in that community. If he is such a good man then why those single sisters are overlooking him?
Don't just trust what the imam says about him. Research him as you would do if you were to donate a lot of money to an organization. He does not need to know about your investigations of him.
Good luck

Posted By: azaz
Date Posted: 14 March 2015 at 6:11am
Asalamualikum to all
i am born muslim and am looking for a new muslim girl to marry.i am 23 years old.

Posted By: mujeebaamer
Date Posted: 13 May 2015 at 8:33am
Assalamualikum wa rehmatullahi wa barakatuhu,

Please visit for more detials :
http://www.shaadi.com/profile?txtprofileid=SH66005971
Message me on [email protected]

Looking forward to marry a born muslim sister or a revert sister who is striving to learn n follow islam (inshallah I will support in everyway I can)
I am now looking for half of my deen/my better half/my wife with the same intentions as me and who will cooperate with me inshallah and will be with me here and hereafter inshallah. Girl who is religious(including practicing abaya/burkha and hijab - by saying this what i mean is that even if she is not following some of these she should atlest have an intention of practicing these with a clean heart to get close to Allah and we can work towards it insahllah) , beautiful(good looking very fair) and educated(any bachelors and above). Age 18-25 Height 5'3" - 5'6", fair/very fair. Should balance deen and duniya. She should be away from all the shirk n bidath. Away from dargahs. I expect her to be following deen, offering all salah, observing fast, practicing hijab, honest, kind hearted, helping poor and needy and being respectful, respecting, loving and caring elders and children with humble character and having patience and total faith in Allah that everything happens with the will of Allah. She should respect and care my family and her family too. She neither should have pride nor be self-centered. She should be fun loving, humorous/cute with smile all the time(this is also a hasanah/good deed). She should be the one my family and her family is proud of and others want to have honest and humble character like her.It seems to be little too hard to find someone with all the above qualities but with Allah everything is possible, he is the one who does everything and I have total faith in him. Also no one is 100% perfect and one may not have all the qualities mentioned above but as long as she have some of those and have pure intention to inshallah work towards the rest of the good qualities then she can be my ideal match inshallah. By saying that I don't want to be harsh and fires her but I am expecting is atleast she has intentions of practicing above mentions qualities soon and I will support her in ever way I can inshallah. We can always help each other in pleasing Allah. If it sounds like you then please contact me. Inshallah Allah will help me find the best.

Alhamdulillah I offer all salah daily. Me and my family are away from all the shirk and bidath. We believe in Allah that he is the only one and he is the doer of every thing and He is the only one whom we can ask everything.I am mujeebaamer jeimyaall .Alhamdulillah I have done MS in Australia. I finished my B. Tech in Hyderabad and then cameto Melbourne, Australia to peruse my Masters in IT. By the grace of Allah after finishing my studies I started working as a Software Quality Engineer. Alhamdulillah I recently got my Australian citizenship.

I am fun loving and easy going person with in the limits of Islam. I don't like music.I am a MUSLIM SUNNI that's it. I don't distinguish myself as sunnah jamat, ehle sunnat or tableegi though i frequently attend islamic lectures, talks and classes. In a nut shell i want to be connected with allah following his commands, Quran and sunnah without any shirk or biddat and to gain more knowledge from available resources.

Jazakallahu khair

Posted By: Aman Shaikh
Date Posted: 10 May 2016 at 5:15am
salam Walikum

Can I ask you why are your brother in law and his friends looking for revert sisters? Why would they not be interested in just practicing islamic sisters.  My advice to them is that they should try to marry within their community first. Are there no single islamic sisters in their community? I just think that sometimes marrying outside of the community could potentially be dangerious. It is easier to know the reputation of a future husband or wife from the community that you are expose to.  I wish them the best.

Khuda Hafiz. 

Posted By: Jameela456
Date Posted: 14 December 2016 at 4:04pm
Asalamualaikum sister,

I know of a sister, i will ask her but what is preferance? I also know of a brother who is looking.

I only recommend people on the deen so anyone not praying 5 times and making effort shouldnt be recommended for who I am mentioning...After all you get what your like after experiencing this with my Hubby lol.

Anyway PM me and let me know

Posted By: Omar-45
Date Posted: 21 September 2017 at 8:16pm
Originally posted by Jameela456 Jameela456 wrote:

Asalamualaikum sister,

I know of a sister, i will ask her but what is preferance? I also know of a brother who is looking.

I only recommend people on the deen so anyone not praying 5 times and making effort shouldnt be recommended for who I am mentioning...After all you get what your like after experiencing this with my Hubby lol.

Anyway PM me and let me know

Do you still know revert sister wanting to marry?

Posted By: muni36
Date Posted: 14 November 2017 at 12:51pm
I am a Divorced sister looking for a nice practising brother who is experienced with shy sister

Posted By: Sufi Inclined
Date Posted: 18 November 2017 at 12:51am
Salaam,

Hope you're well. I'm looking to get married. Like yourself, I'm based in the UK. If you're interested and would like to know more, drop me a line and in shaa Allah I will answer any questions you may have.

Jzk & Allah hafiz

Date Posted: 21 November 2017 at 11:56pm
Thank you, send me private message and tell me more

Date Posted: 22 November 2017 at 12:02am
I would very much like to meet practising brother, being shy I like a brother who is mature and confident

Posted By: Cisse
Date Posted: 09 December 2017 at 6:59am
Assalamu alaikum; I am looking for a practising sister born Muslim or revert it does not matter. I am from UK would be nice someone from the UK

Posted By: Farida66
Date Posted: 17 December 2017 at 12:15am
Asaalam mualaikum I just come across this site. Hope what im about to share is not too forward. I am a single lady age 51..I have 2 boys. Been single for almost 8 years..I think its about time to find a life companion who are practising muslims. Im living in Melbourne. I dnt really know how to find a decent man. Did try Muslima.com and muslims for marriage...but not all are genuine. Hope someone out there are able to help me....by Allah's will in sya Allah. My e mail add: [email protected]

Wassalam

Posted By: Mrahmed1984
Date Posted: 18 December 2017 at 6:45am
Aslam Alikam sisters. I am Ahmed . I am interested to marry Inshallah.

This my profile

the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) who said: �A woman may be married for four things: her wealth, her lineage, her beauty and her religious commitment. Seek the one who is religiously-committed, may your hands be rubbed with dust (i.e., may you prosper).�

Her Nationally, age , Social status, wealth, kids
All above not important for me

The main important is The Deen

I am looking for a sister with a good heart and pious with good manners who will be working for Jannah not Dunya - my gift ( Maher) to her would be to take her to Umrah and teach her Arabic and Quran In sha Allah.

About myself :

(فَلَا تُزَكُّوا أَنْفُسَكُمْ ۖ هُوَ أَعْلَمُ بِمَنِ اتَّقَىٰ)�
(therefore do not attribute purity to your souls; He knows him best who guards (against evil).

1. Name: Ahmed
2. Age: 34
3. Location: Manchester
4. Education: Accountancy Degree
5. Job: Accountant, Property Developer & Quran and Arabic Teacher
6: Height: 182 cm
7: Nationality: British Egyptian(Arab)
جزاكم الله خيرا

[email protected] /

Posted By: barbarahajar
Date Posted: 30 January 2018 at 3:44pm
Salaam alaykum,
Sorry but you cannot decide what the mahr is because your future wife insha Allah will choose.

Posted By: hessa22hadiya
Date Posted: 02 February 2018 at 7:02am
Asaalamualaikum I'm Hessa 19 years of age and revert to Islam and my journey to Islam has been the best thing that has ever happened in my lifeI'm loving kind and down to earth I reside in South Africa don't mind international relocation I'm educated family orientated so know any good decent brothers looking for halal marriage message me.Im South African my email is [email protected] thanks

Posted By: abuayisha
Date Posted: 03 February 2018 at 6:58am
Wa alaikum salaam, Hessa welcome, and keep in mind that cyberspace is a dangerous venue for seeking marriage. Avoid giving your personal information and contact. And we wish you all the best!

Posted By: hessa22hadiya
Date Posted: 03 February 2018 at 11:11am
Thank you sister for the friendly advice but definitely careful when it comes to that

Posted By: janan
Date Posted: 05 February 2018 at 1:08pm
Assalam alaikum sister natalie, I used to live in swansea and its great to see how many more reverts there are.
I came into Islam in 2001 through a very spiritual way Alhamdulillah. However be careful with our sisters hearts when it comes to marraige from different cultures. The man might be so good, but it does include family and friends who have their own culture ideologies. I didnt understand the term culture, now I do. I would of fought this opinion so strongly before, with experience and hurt I know say this. However Love and Allah swt ala can conquer all.
Where in south wales are you, perhaps we could meet up when the weather is warmer. lol I am looking to remarry.

Salam Janan

Posted By: kabia2014
Date Posted: 05 May 2018 at 11:17pm
Asalamu Alaikum sisters and brothers how are you all doing? I am new here and looking for a good sister to me the mother of my children Insha'Allah any interested sister please email me at [email protected]

Date Posted: 18 May 2018 at 11:16am
She'll get what she's given or she knows where the door is.

Posted By: reverttoislam
Date Posted: 21 November 2018 at 1:14pm
Assalamu alaykum sister

I am a revert and to be honest I don't even know where all descent brothers are at...

I lived in Medina for 2yrs with my job actually I lived right next to Medina University
I lived in Riyadh as well BUT there's no place on this Earth like Medina(to me)
Ma shaa Allah its just another level of happiness
In this era and age I can only look upto someone who's have a deen in his heart and acts upon it
Even if he not knowledgeable but acts upon what he knows that's amazing ma shaa Allah

Date Posted: 17 October 2019 at 8:45am
I have reached the conclusion that Muslim women are quite possibly the most entitled in the world, wanting their Islamic rights when it suits them and choosing Western/feminist rights when it's more conducive to achieving their agenda.

Women in general are not good people. They are lazy and entitled.

It is haraam for a Muslim woman to wear makeup and perfume or travel a certain number of miles with out a mehraam yet they completely ignore these laws of the Shariah yet a Muslim man can lawfully take up to 4 wives - but if he dare mention this, all hell breaks loose. So you take what is haraam and essentially make it halal with no issues yet we can't even exercise our god-given right??? Fine dress up for the men at work and then come home and nag your husband - then you wonder why so many of you are divorced by 40???

Let's be clear about 1 thing, men and women ARE NOT EQUAL.

1) A woman's testimony does not hold the same value of that as a man's - because you lie in abundance!
2) A man can take up to 4 wives, 1 man = 4 women
3) More kafir men will enter jannah than Muslim women - you're not even the equals of some kafir men!
4) The Prohet SAW said he 'has not met any group of people lacking in intelligence as much as women.'
5) The Arabs are denigrated for burying their daughters - yet the Prophet SAW came from them and the Prophet SAW is the best of the best - so the Arabs are the best race - how when they murder their own daughters? Maybe Allah liked their honour. In Asia widows were cremated with their late husbands and in Europe the men fornicated with their own mothers and sisters but the Arabs killed their daughters out of shame and honour because these girls would potentially grow up to be whores - and these men of honour could not face such shame.

The second era of jahaliya is here and our women have gone back to their nefarious old ways - slappers. And the most disgusting thing I've come to learn about Muslim women is, they become slappers after they're married.

So don't message me you dirty slappers - your dads brought you into the world, let them carry your entitled asses - why should another man make you muppets his problem?

Date Posted: 18 October 2019 at 1:53am
Where are all the decent Muslim brothers? Avoiding Muslim slappers - especially the ones that have incorporated the hijab into their whore uniform.

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2019 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net