Print Page | Close Window

Plastic Bags

Printed From: IslamiCity.org
Category: General
Forum Name: GREEN Forum
Forum Description: Anything related to the environment, that can educate people to be more friendly to the environment. Remember we only have one livable planet , so far.
URL: https://www.islamicity.org/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=17789
Printed Date: 25 April 2024 at 8:23pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Plastic Bags
Posted By: emba7
Subject: Plastic Bags
Date Posted: 13 November 2010 at 8:01am
On the subject of plastic and using them for shopping, what does everyone use in their kitchen trash cans? Do you use plastic bags to line them? I use my shopping bags, small I know but its recycling in a sense.

Replies:
Posted By: healthydiets
Date Posted: 13 November 2010 at 7:43pm
Plastic bags are bad for environment, but they are easy to use, economical and light weight. I don't use new plastic bags in the kithcen. I store the shopping bags and reuse it. It's a small contribution to a good environment.

Posted By: NuraB
Date Posted: 16 November 2010 at 1:53pm
Groceries I buy for my home I only use canvas.

Since I work for a childcare center we shop at Smart and Final for the weekly supplies. I take those plastic and paper bags home and use them for my kitchen (and bathroom trash for that matter).

We use the plastic shopping bags to line the cans; tying off the plastic bags by the handles when they're full. We use the paper bags for recyclables. When the paper bag is full we dump the recyclables directly into the waste wheeler and reuse the paper bag until it no longer stands alone.

N.B.

Posted By: Jyotikajoe
Date Posted: 18 November 2010 at 11:21pm
wow its a great idea Thumbs%20Up i like it & I will try..People should think about environment - everyone should use Paper bag's. 

Posted By: hjf321
Date Posted: 28 December 2010 at 9:27pm
As far as I can remember, being a kid at the time going shopping with my mum, plastic bags were mostly unheard of. We took shopping nets or woven baskets or bags to carry the goods and managed quite well. I wonder how we became so dependent on plastic bags within only about two decades. Why is it that we continue using these plastic bags just for our convenience and selfishly ignore what these masses of unyielding plastic can do to our environment?  

Posted By: donna82d
Date Posted: 02 September 2011 at 7:13pm
Originally posted by emba7 emba7 wrote:

On the subject of plastic and using them for shopping, what does everyone use in their kitchen trash cans? Do you use plastic bags to line them? I use my shopping bags, small I know but its recycling in a sense.

I also use the plastic shopping bags for rubbish. I think it is a waste to buy plastic bags just to throw them out.

Posted By: tayek1967
Date Posted: 16 May 2012 at 7:19am
Plastic shopping bags is enemy of environmeny. which rubbish & ugly in a sense. we may be used nets or woven baskets or bags to carry the goods and save our environment. may http://www.islamic.vg/allah/%5d%20Allah%5b/URL%5d - Allah save us. thanks

Posted By: Matt Browne
Date Posted: 16 June 2012 at 11:21am
In Germany customers have to pay for plastic bags in stores to discourage them from buying them.

-------------
A religion that's intolerant of other religions can't be the world's best religion --Abdel Samad
Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people--Eleanor Roosevelt

Posted By: Nemart
Date Posted: 23 August 2012 at 1:07pm
plastic bags should be banned. we can use jute bags instead to save the environment!

Posted By: PeruTravel
Date Posted: 03 September 2012 at 8:37am
The environment is made up of systems, cycles, and specialized relationships between living and non-living elements. When everything�s working the way it should be, all the living organisms within the environment, including humans, are healthy and thriving.Please avoid using plastic bags.

Posted By: Themed
Date Posted: 05 September 2012 at 11:51am
Originally posted by donna82d donna82d wrote:

Originally posted by emba7 emba7 wrote:

I also use the plastic shopping bags for rubbish. I think it is a waste to buy plastic bags just to throw them out.

I also use my shopping bags for the garbage. I also wash them, in the sink with hot water and lot and lots of soap and use them to cover food in the refrigerator. another few great ideas: use them to line paint trays and protect paint brushes, us them when shipping or packing fragile things like dishes or take them back to the store and reuse them again and again.

Posted By: abdullahsiham
Date Posted: 06 November 2012 at 9:33pm
In most of the South East Asia cities, like Singapore, Penang already taken some serious action against plastic bag. Many vendors are giving free recycle bags, and charge on plastic bag.

Posted By: anki
Date Posted: 22 November 2022 at 10:02pm
Hi everyone,
I Hope you all are well, i am new to this community and happy to join you.

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2019 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net