Suhaib,RAA, sells himself for Islam!!!

Printed From: IslamiCity.org
Category: Culture & Community
Forum Name: Islamic Personalties
Forum Description: Shahabah, Scholars, Leaders
URL: https://www.islamicity.org/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=15535
Printed Date: 28 March 2024 at 9:39pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Suhaib,RAA, sells himself for Islam!!!
Posted By: Full of Hopes
Subject: Suhaib,RAA, sells himself for Islam!!!
Date Posted: 26 September 2009 at 9:06pm

Asslamu Alaikum Wa Rahamtu Allah..

Whenever you think you did something great to Islam..
  Whenever you face troubles in this life for being a Muslim read from their lives the true faith and sacrifice for Islam..

Finally the time came when the Prophet Muhammad gave his followers permission to migrate to Madinah. Suhaib wanted to wait until the time when the Prophet and Abu Bakr would leav,e but the Quraysh, the tribe that led the campaign against Muhammad, discovered his intentions and put many obstacles in front of him achieving his aims. The Quraysh was worried that Suhaib would take all his wealth and leave their city, thereby affecting the economy of the city.

So the Prophet Muhammad and Abu Bakr left Makkah and arrived safely in Madinah, but Suhaib had to stay behind for some time. The Quraysh placed guards on Suhaib and watched his every move. Suhaib realized that he would have to resort to trickery if he were to escape.

He gave up all his wealth so he would be free to live with the Muslims in Madinah.

One cold night, he pretended to have a problem with his stomach and went out many times as if he was relieving himself. His captors thought he was sick and did not pay much attention to him. Finally they fell asleep. This was Suhaib�s chance and he slipped away carefully and quietly, found a horse and galloped off into the desert heading toward Madinah.

When his captors woke up, they realized what had happened and rushed off after him. They realized he had got the better of them and so were determined to bring him back. Suhaib saw them coming and clambered up a hill. He crouched down with his bow and arrows in his hands and his eyes looked steadily at his enemies. He was not afraid. When his enemies approached he shouted, �Men of Quraysh! You know I�m the best archer and that I never miss my target. If you come near me I�ll kill you both.� The enemies knew that indeed Suhaib was the best archer around and they also knew he was very determined so they dare not approach him. But they answered him, �We shall not let you escape from us with your life and your money. You came to Makkah weak and poor and you have acquired so much.�

Suhaib replied, �What would you say if I leave you my wealth? Would you then leave me alone?�

They agreed and Suhaib described the place in his house in Makkah where he had left his money, so they let him go. When they left, Suhaib set off in great haste for Madinah with a feeling of gladness in his heart. All he could think about was the idea of meeting the Prophet and the companions again whenever he felt tired or hungry or thirsty he just remembered this and he would feel a surge of energy and happiness that kept him going until he reached Madinah.

When the Prophet saw Suhaib he was very happy and told him, �Your transaction has been fruitful.� He repeated this three times and Suhaib knew the Prophet was referring to the fact that he gave all his wealth so he would be free to live with the Muslims. Suhaib was filled with happiness and said to the Prophet Muhammad, �By Allah, no one has come before me to you. Only Jibril could have told you about this!� The Prophet Muhammad received a revelation about this very thing.

[And there is a type of man who gives his life to earn the pleasure of Allah. And Allah is full of kindness to His servants.] (Al-Baqarah 2:207)

-------------
And whoever seeks a religion other than Isl�m, it will never be accepted of him, and in the Hereafter he will be one of the losers(3:85)

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2019 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net