Print Page | Close Window

How I became a Muslim.

Printed From: IslamiCity.org
Category: Religion - Islam
Forum Name: Stories - How I Became Muslim?
Forum Description: Stories - How I Became Muslim?
URL: https://www.islamicity.org/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=14478
Printed Date: 28 March 2024 at 10:04pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: How I became a Muslim.
Posted By: Duane
Subject: How I became a Muslim.
Date Posted: 30 March 2009 at 9:36am

How I became a Muslim.

I started wanting to know about Islam because of the events that occured on Septembet 11, 2001.  News media broadcasts in the United States were telling americans in a round about way that islam was the reason.

From a military background I started from a military standpoint.  I wanted to get to know this so called "enemy".  First I researched the groups who were supposed to be involved.  It didn't take long to find out that the United States was behind the formation of the main group in question to fight the Russians in a US proxy war.  I then decided to find the commonalities between groups and easily the biggest connection was islam. 

I looked for and found a freeware copy of the Quran and started reading.  To tell ya the truth I was looking for smoking guns in the pages I read.  What I found was far from that.  It was AMAZING.  I had not read beyond maybe the first three chapters and I was stunned. How truely profound. I soon realized I was being lied to, but I was used to that.  I wanted to know more about Mohammad (pbuh) and what the heck (pbuh) meant.  Was it code? I asked myself, how could a conqured people turn to the religion of the victors.  Freely and openly they embraced islam and they were not drove to it and slaughtered like other cultures by other religions.

I looked for and found a freeware copy of the biography of Prophet Mohammad and started to read.  I could not deny that this man was the greatest man I had ever read about.  I was convinced he was a Prophet.  This from an Agnostic former Roman Chatholic.  I then went back to the Quran from time to time, and Hadith, and just keep looking and thinking, searching and pondering. 

The more I read, the more started happening in my life.  Things to many to list, and far from rational explination.  I soon realized I was right my whole life.  Things I have always felt deeply about and was critisized for were in black and white in front of me.  I knew these things to be true deep down inside, but I didn't know why untill I read the Quran.

After months went by I had made up my mind.  I went to a local Masjid I found on the internet and asked to be a Muslim.  Oh, and by the way, Haha I did learn what (pbuh) meant, and I feel much honor in saying it today. 

Shhh keep the code. LOL

Duane

Replies:
Posted By: semar
Date Posted: 30 March 2009 at 12:01pm

Salam/Peace,

Inspiring journey, bro. Thumbs%20Up

-------------
Salam/Peace,

Semar

"We are people who do not eat until we are hungry and do not eat to our fill." (Prophet Muhammad PBUH)

"1/3 of your stomach for food, 1/3 for water, 1/3 for air"

Posted By: seekshidayath
Date Posted: 03 April 2009 at 7:31pm

As Salamu Alaikum Duane,

Its very intresting to learn your journey. JazakAllah for sharing it with us

By the way, i see your story very similar to that our other member of IC, "Hunter". Unfortunately, he has n't met a muslim yet, uptil now. Pray that insha Allah, he soon embraces Islam. {Alhamdullilah, he is contended with Allah as God and Muhammad {Pbuh} as a prophet}.

-------------
Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: �All the descendants of Adam are sinners, and the best of sinners are those who repent."

Posted By: Hunter
Date Posted: 03 April 2009 at 11:33pm
Assalamu alaikum   Hello Duane. I read your posts, and Seeks is right-- if I were to tell my story of how I discovered Islam, it would be so close to yours to the point of being redundant, so I won't. I don't have any military background, and I used to work as a truck mechanic rather than a truck driver. Who knows-- I may have helped rebuild that Detroit, Cat, Cummings or whatever motor it is you're sitting behind. Also like you, Islam had been consistent with what I had always believed, I just hadn't bothered to figure out what Islam even was until after 9-11. I live in an area (southern Vermont) which has few or no Muslims that I'm aware of. I joined IC-- stumbled upon it really, in the hopes that I would be able to connect with other people with similar beliefs. I've gotten much help, knowledge and support from people here as I know you will if you stick around. Welcome and best wishes-- Hunter

-------------
"If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything"-- DrDre

Posted By: Duane
Date Posted: 04 April 2009 at 10:44am

Wa alaikum as salam.

Thank you semar.  

Thank you seekshidayath. 

024.046 We have indeed sent down signs that make things manifest: and Allah guides whom He wills to a way that is straight.

Hello hunter.  I think our story is becoming more common here in America.  I have read that people are turning to Islam in greater numbers than ever before in the U.S..

Posted By: Danty
Date Posted: 05 April 2009 at 9:30am
As-salam-u-laikum Duane! Welcome to Islam. It really is a religion of peace. May God give you strength and good health! [IMG]smileys/smiley4.gif" align="middle" />

-------------
Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) said "Be kind, for whenever kindness becomes part of something, it beautifies it.Whenever it is taken from something, it leaves it tarnished." (IMAM BUKHARI)

Posted By: Akhe Abdullah
Date Posted: 05 April 2009 at 10:59am
As Salamu Alaikum Brothers,Hey Seek I was going to say the same thing.Alhamduillah! Allah draws us to Islam in many ways but the similar reason is the search for the truth.Jazakallah Kheiran for your story Brother Duane.May Allah Bless you.

Posted By: Nur_Ilahi
Date Posted: 18 April 2009 at 3:30am
Subhanallah!

MashaAllah!

Alhamdulillah!

Allahuakbar!

Ya Allah, we seek your forgiveness, we seek your blessings, we seek your Rahmah. Keep us in the right path, increase our knowledge, increase our faith in You Ya Allah.

You gather us here in IC, Gather us together again in the hereafter with the people that you love, waliyullah, Nabiyullah oh Allah Rabbulalameen...

-------------
Ilahi Anta Maksudi, Wa Redhaka Mathlubi - Oh Allah, You are my destination, Your Pleasure is my Intention.

Posted By: savant
Date Posted: 18 April 2009 at 7:50am
Originally posted by Nur_Ilahi Nur_Ilahi wrote:

Subhanallah!
You gather us here in IC, Gather us together again in the hereafter with the people that you love, waliyullah, Nabiyullah oh Allah Rabbulalameen...

Tongue, wow that will be nice gathering.

-------------
Never Give up

Posted By: Young-Muslim
Date Posted: 11 June 2009 at 11:40pm
Enshallah all our faces will shine brightly on the day of judgment.

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2019 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net