URL: https://www.islamicity.org/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=1398
Printed Date: 20 April 2024 at 6:27am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: London
Posted By: ummziba
Subject: London
Date Posted: 07 July 2005 at 8:19am

Assalamu alaikum,

I feel so sad and so sick at the events in London today.  Who are these "so called Muslims" who have stolen our beautiful religion, twisted the words of the Qur'an and made a mockery of everything we stand for?

Why does there seem to be so many "so called Muslims" willing to commit acts of terror and murder civilians wontonly?  Who teaches these mindless puppets to "think" this way?  Who encourages them to act in such completely un-Islamic ways?

I am outraged that yet another "so called Muslim group" has commited yet another atrocity against civilians and done so yet again in the name of Islam. 

Why do we Muslims allow "so called Muslims" to think and act in such a disgusting manner.  Why are not the 1.(whatever it is) billion Muslims not screaming at the tops of their voices that this is wrong, this is not Islam, these are not Muslims?

May Allah have Mercy on the souls of those who were murdered in London today.  May Allah have Mercy on us all.

Peace, ummziba.

-------------
Sticks and stones may break my bones, but your words...they break my soul ~

Replies:
Posted By: aisha
Date Posted: 07 July 2005 at 10:12am
because maybe just maybe its not muslims doing this there is alot of money about and mr bush yet again is near

-------------
aisha

Posted By: Suleyman
Date Posted: 07 July 2005 at 11:59am

Originally posted by aisha aisha wrote:

because maybe just maybe its not muslims doing this there is alot of money about and mr bush yet again is near

i agree....

Posted By: Colin
Date Posted: 07 July 2005 at 12:02pm

I'm sure they are not Muslims.... I seriously doubt that they even qualify to be called humans.....

Posted By: Lameese
Date Posted: 07 July 2005 at 12:08pm

That is interesting since there is an Islamic group that has claimed responsibility but they do not know if it really was that group or someone else.

Lameese

Date Posted: 07 July 2005 at 12:33pm
Is there anyone who read the tafseers of Surah Elephant?...very  clearly fitting to 9/11....i suggest everyone to read and think on it...

Posted By: amna_ali
Date Posted: 07 July 2005 at 12:34pm

Asslamualaikum

It is really very sad. Every individual who has kind heart can feel the intensity of the situation. Why to kill innocent people? 

God knows better what the motive behind blaming Muslims? Every effort is being made to label Muslims as Terrorist.

In our country there were terrorist attacks. There were killing in the mosques,shrine. And all these activities were labelled as sectarianism... Unbelievable.  First of all how a true muslim can dare to kill an innocent soul and then killing in a Mosque!!!A true muslim cant do this.(What to say about a traitor???) 

Its all plotting against muslim Ummah.

MAy Allah give us Hidayet. MAY allah keep us under His protection.

MA Salaam

-------------
Kind words and the covering of faults are better than charity followed by injury. God is free of all wants and He is most forebearing. (Al baqra: 263)

Date Posted: 07 July 2005 at 12:43pm
Originally posted by amna_ali amna_ali wrote:

Asslamualaikum

Every effort is being made to label Muslims as Terrorist.

Its all plotting against muslim Ummah.

I can assure you Amna, today in Britain, despite the attrocities in London, there is absolutely NO effort to label Muslims as terrorists. Don't allow yourself to be fooled into thinking otherwise.

Whoever did this didn't care in the slightest about the religion of those unfortunate enough to be travelling on the tube trains that were bombed.

Date Posted: 07 July 2005 at 12:53pm

Thanks for correction.

Now I will be more careful in the use of my words.

Actually whatever is happening in the society around me makes me think so. All disturbance, Uncertainty ... Nobody knows what will happen in the next moment. People afraid to go in the mosques.This situation horrifies.

-------------
Kind words and the covering of faults are better than charity followed by injury. God is free of all wants and He is most forebearing. (Al baqra: 263)

Date Posted: 07 July 2005 at 1:14pm
Originally posted by amna_ali amna_ali wrote:

Thanks for correction.

Now I will be more careful in the use of my words.

Actually whatever is happening in the society around me makes me think so. All disturbance, Uncertainty ... Nobody knows what will happen in the next moment. People afraid to go in the mosques.This situation horrifies.

It's ok Amna, don't worry, we all use the wrong words from time to time.

However horrifying things seem, by their actions, terrorists destroy any claim to legitimacy.  Fear is their currency.... Give yourself a chance by not buying into their economic model. :) 

Posted By: Community
Date Posted: 07 July 2005 at 1:14pm

With the war declining in popularity, and the US and Britain having to pull out likely in the near future, it puts one nation in the region in serious threat, since a civil war in Iraq could easily evolve into an alliance between the groups, against their arch enemy, Israel. Resistance in Syria and Jordan against these enemies of their enemy(Israel) would not be great, and even popular with parts of these societies, and this would cause Syria and Jordan to fall like dominos and turn against Israel, if not the armies of these nations, then atleast large portions of Jordanian and Syrian society. The Senario of a nuclear bomb going off in the near future in the United States is very likely, since the pain of the british people together with the pain of the people in the United States and images and news reports about the horrors of a nuclear bomb going off in a US city will cause the US to send more troops to Iraq and elsewhere and even widening the conflict with it's strongest ally The UK right next to it...by this happening Israel will not have to face the threat of a civil war in Iraq spreading over to it's neighbouring countries, or atleast not having to face it alone...If you wish, you can read how i came to these conclusions in the post under General discussion started by JohnDM, "London 9.11 bombing".

Date Posted: 07 July 2005 at 1:40pm
And my advice to anyone with a grain of faith in him or her is to fear Him only, who Created fear and everything in the first place. Because only in Him is safety, and He has full control over every situation and everything, fear Him alone, and remember that this life is not what is lasting, but the hereafter, and that there is the true life. For the faithful a better place then this here, so do not fear death or anything else but Him. Because He is in full control of everything.

Date Posted: 07 July 2005 at 1:51pm
The Creator has the most right to His creation, so this also goes for His creation in ourselves, like fear, love etc.

Posted By: bat42001
Date Posted: 07 July 2005 at 3:59pm
Does't the islamic religion teach to hate those that aren't mulsim? All infadels must convert or die? Heard that somewhere.

Posted By: Yusuf.
Date Posted: 07 July 2005 at 4:47pm

Originally posted by bat42001 bat42001 wrote:

Does't the islamic religion teach to hate those that aren't mulsim? All infadels must convert or die? Heard that somewhere.

You heard wrong.

-------------
Yusuf

Posted By: Clarabelle
Date Posted: 07 July 2005 at 4:57pm

Please, help me to understand someone.

I hurt so much for what has happened today.

I have friends of all faiths who are disgusted with what happened today in London and what happened in America on 9/11.

I worried all day for friends and family in London. When I found those closest to me were ok, I still felt sadness for those who were not so lucky. And anger.

How can anyone hate enough to commit the attrocities these people are capable of?

These people are making a terrible mistake. I KNOW that muslims are not violent. Unfortunately there are some (many?) that put everyone under the same umbrella...violent, murderous people, calling themselves 'muslim' and decent, genuine, peace-seeking muslims. I know the difference. I pray that the rest of the world does too.

Fundamentalists spring up in all faiths.

Love happens in all faiths.

Clarabelle

Posted By: Rose
Date Posted: 08 July 2005 at 5:26am

Yes, it is very devastating to hear that a muslim is doing all those attacks. With all do respect to all the religions I think  these so called "terrorists" should be put under a new catagory of religion.I don't think that they even have a religion.

I want to who would do something so terrible and say "I DID IT" and then be on the run for the rest of his life, common they there is someting fishy......

I know everyone wants to live with freedom

May Allah help those in need

-------------
A thorn defends the rose,harming only those who would steal the blossom

Posted By: kolhara
Date Posted: 08 July 2005 at 7:23am

That religion is called "satanism".  The terrorists are truly the spawn of Satan.  Those who kill and those who celebrate the killing have no compassion.   

Originally posted by Rose Rose wrote:

Yes, it is very devastating to hear that a muslim is doing all those attacks. With all do respect to all the religions I think  these so called "terrorists" should be put under a new catagory of religion.I don't think that they even have a religion.

I want to who would do something so terrible and say "I DID IT" and then be on the run for the rest of his life, common they there is someting fishy......

I know everyone wants to live with freedom

May Allah help those in need

Date Posted: 08 July 2005 at 8:20am

Asslamualaikum

Originally posted by Yusuf. Yusuf. wrote:

Originally posted by bat42001 bat42001 wrote:

You heard wrong.

Yes Brother Yusuf is right. Islam is a religion of peace and love. The very meaning of Islam is peace. It asks its followers to be kind and just towards other humans

"Allah does not forbid you to deal justly and kindly with those who fought not against you on acount of religion nor drove you out of your homes. Verily, Allah loves those who deal with equity."(Quran 60:8)

Ma Salaam

-------------

Date Posted: 08 July 2005 at 10:05am

Assalamu alaikum,

Read here:

http://www.islamicity.com/m/news_frame.asp?Frame=1&referenceID=21444 - http://www.islamicity.com/m/news_frame.asp?Frame=1&refer enceID=21444

http://www.islamicity.com/m/news_frame.asp?Frame=1&referenceID=21444 - http://www.islamicity.com/m/news_frame.asp?Frame=1&refer enceID=21444

Peace, ummziba.

-------------

Date Posted: 08 July 2005 at 2:14pm

I have lived and worked with muslims, and those that did this are not muslims. I agree with Colin that they are not fit to be called human.

I actually think they have a valid point: the US and UK war on Iraq was wrong. I agree that Saddam's regimes had to be brought down somehow but to go in all guns blazing was wrong. Innocent people were killed. However, we cannot keep bombing eachother back and forth in retaliation or to make a point. There have to be other ways.

Those resposible should also remember that thousands (perhaps millions) did not want the war on Iraq to happen. We marched and campaigned but it went ahead. I think Blair's narrow margin of victory at the recent general election made him realise how unpopular his decision to go along with Bush was. At least I hope so.

I believe that the only way we can really change this money, violence and power dominated world is to work together, discuss things, listen to eachother, accept that if we all believed the same thing then this world would be so boring! No discussion, no learning about others' ways of life, their cultures.

No 'god' worth our faith would demand that we kill eachother to make ourselves heard. These people cannot say they have worked in the name of God or Allah.

Love to all

Clarabelle

Date Posted: 08 July 2005 at 2:44pm
There is no god but He, The Mighty, The Wise.

Posted By: ZamanH
Date Posted: 08 July 2005 at 8:40pm
[QUOTE=Ummziba]Why do we Muslims allow "so called Muslims" to think and act in such a disgusting manner.[/.QUOTE]

Sorry to disappoint you, dear sis; although, I know the terrorists were wrong, I won't condemn them because they didn't attack first and they killed much less. I will pray for their forgiveness. I am sorry that the children were killed but, frankly, I am disppointed that few were killed.

-------------
An enemy of an enemy is a fickle friend.
There will be more women in hell than men.
..for persecution is worse than the slaughter of the enemy..(Quran 2:191)
Heaven lies under mother's feet

Posted By: kim!
Date Posted: 08 July 2005 at 10:56pm
I am disppointed that few were killed.

WTF??????

Date Posted: 09 July 2005 at 12:34am

Originally posted by ZamanH ZamanH wrote:

[QUOTE=Ummziba]Why do we Muslims allow "so called Muslims" to think and act in such a disgusting manner.[/.QUOTE]

Sorry to disappoint you, dear sis; although, I know the terrorists were wrong, I won't condemn them because they didn't attack first and they killed much less. I will pray for their forgiveness. I am sorry that the children were killed but, frankly, I am disppointed that few were killed.

Zaman,Qur'an is saying different;what a wonderful book It is and we are so far away from...we should read more...

YUSUFALI: "If thou dost stretch thy hand against me, to slay me, it is not for me to stretch my hand against thee to slay thee: for I do fear Allah, the cherisher of the worlds.

Date Posted: 09 July 2005 at 12:59am

Originally posted by ZamanH ZamanH wrote:

They attacked trains filled with Muslims, Christians, Hindus and other innocent members of the multi-ethnic, multi-cultural population of London. Which particular group are you most dissapointed they failed to kill? Or maybe you are just dissapointed in general that the body count has not reached the sort of numbers that would satisfy you?

You are really sick!

Posted By: MOCKBA
Date Posted: 09 July 2005 at 1:59am

Bismillah

Brothers and Sisters in Islam,

If killing of women, children and old men is strictly prohibited during the time of war... how can one possibly slaughter innocents with such violent attacks in the name of Allah that have taken place in London? 

As on September 11th in New York, before the dust settled over London and the smoke cleared out, before the dead bodies were counted, many media fingers around the world were already pointed at Muslims. To make us feel guilty for something our religion stands strictly against, to make our subconsciousness give up and admit the link between terror and Islam. That is the main objective... to break us.

These are attacks against ordinary people, and the beasts who are behind them are the same who continuously and as we speak shower bombs on civilians in Iraq and wipe villages of innocents in Afghanistan. It is their war, and them making their worst nightmares coming true on us.

This is not Islam, it has never been and will never be such. These are the times when appearance no longer reflects the reality. These are the times of deception. These are the times with events so awkward and twisted that the sun may begin rising from the west without making anyone surprised. We must continue waving our banner of Shahada  high and proud, spread the message of Islam loud and clear and don't let ourselves be forced to speak in a subdued and apologetic tone.

-------------
MOCKBA

Date Posted: 09 July 2005 at 7:26pm
Muslims didn't attack first. Although, I know it is unislamic to hurt the civilian population, but frankly/honestly, I don't understand the rule but I will abide by it. I won't condemn the terrorists, though.

Intentionally hurting the children I understand is wrong, but in a democratic country, those who hold franchise are directly answerable for their government's mischiefs (they have the option of leaving their country if they want to be seen as neutrals).

-------------

Posted By: Yusuf.
Date Posted: 09 July 2005 at 7:52pm

Assalamu alaikum,

We do not know in fact that it was Middle Eastern terrorists who conducted this attack. It came quite conveniently for Bush; support for his conduct of the Iraq invasion is waning. After quite a bit of research I am convinced that the Pentagon was struck by a missile fired from a US warplane. This attack likewise could very well have been engineered by the Bush administration. We must also keep this in mind.

-------------
Yusuf

Posted By: AK47
Date Posted: 09 July 2005 at 9:01pm

I would be careful about who you say is not Muslim. If a Muslim calls another Muslim a kuffar unjustifiably then he/she becomes kuffar themselves. Despite all the alleged "Muslim" organizations that have claimed credit for this bombing (the 'Secret Organization of Al-Qaeda in Europe'..that's original), there is no substantial proof that it was done by any real militant organization. There is such thing as black-ops, you know. And though I must admit that I too do suspect some misguided militant group, I know the Western world well enough not to rule out the possibility that Western governments (in conjunction with 'Israel' no doubt) will commit any number of atrocities against their own citizens in order to justify their attacks on Muslims everywhere.

However, for arguments sake, let's assume it was an Islamic militant group. I would like to point out the following hadith: (though I have to admit that since I've only heard this at the mosque, I don't know who narrated it) "A man asked the Prophet of Allah if a Muslim could steal and still be a Muslim and the Prophet replied, 'Yes.' The man then asked the Prophet if a Muslim could commit murder and still be a Muslim and the Prophet replied 'Yes.'...". There's more to this hadith, about how a Muslim can't lie unjustifiably and still be a Muslim, but the point of the hadith is that even if a Muslim does commit unjustifiable murder (such as in the case of the bombings in London) he remains a Muslim, though he's a great sinner.

Date Posted: 09 July 2005 at 9:37pm

Bismillah

Originally posted by AK47 AK47 wrote:

However, for arguments sake, let's assume it was an Islamic militant group. I would like to point out the following hadith: (though I have to admit that since I've only heard this at the mosque, I don't know who narrated it) "A man asked the Prophet of Allah if a Muslim could steal and still be a Muslim and the Prophet replied, 'Yes.' The man then asked the Prophet if a Muslim could commit murder and still be a Muslim and the Prophet replied 'Yes.'...". There's more to this hadith, about how a Muslim can't lie unjustifiably and still be a Muslim, but the point of the hadith is that even if a Muslim does commit unjustifiable murder (such as in the case of the bombings in London) he remains a Muslim, though he's a great sinner.

AK47, the misinterpreted hadith explains your weak understanding of its meaning. Murder is prohibited in Islam and if commited deserves severe punishment, which under Shari'ah is death. The person may well remain being a Muslim (all sins except shirk can be forgiven in the sight of Allah) but that does not free him from facing the punishment. This hadith teaches us not to approach such sin, and if we have done wrong in the past when we were ignorant or unaware it instructs us to repent immediately. It does NOT (as many mistakenly deduce) tell us that it is OK/ acceptable to murder, so long as we repent afterwards... Let's be careful! There is no way for this hadith to justify the act of militants whether they claim to be Muslims or non-Muslims. Many Muslims do want revenge for masses of murdered brethren by infidel leaders and troops, however this is not the way for retaliation.

Narrated 'Ikrima from Ibn 'Abbas: Allah's Apostles said, "When a slave (of Allah) commits illegal sexual intercourse, he is not a believer at the time of committing it; and if he steals, he is not a believer at the time of stealing; and if he drinks an alcoholic drink, when he is not a believer at the time of drinking it; and he is not a believer when he commits a murder," 'Ikrima said: I asked Ibn Abbas, "How is faith taken away from him?" He said, Like this," by clasping his hands and then separating them, and added, "But if he repents, faith returns to him like this, by clasping his hands again. (Sahih Bukhari, Volume 8, Book 82, No. 800)

-------------
MOCKBA

Date Posted: 09 July 2005 at 11:01pm

Bismillah

Abu Huraira reported Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying: By Him in Whose Hand is my life, a time would come when the murderer would not know why he has committed the murder, and the victim would not know why he has been killed. (Sahih Bukhari, Book 41, No. 6949)

-------------
MOCKBA

Posted By: AK47
Date Posted: 10 July 2005 at 11:46pm

MOCKBA, I was not misinterpreting the hadith at all, YOU were misinterpreting my point. I'm not passing judgement on whom was responsible for the london bombings, so I'm not declaring my opinion on the subject of murder in islamic jurisprudence, all I was pointing out with that hadith was that regardless of your opinion of these militants, you can't say they're not Muslims when they are still believers.

And Allah knows best.

Date Posted: 11 July 2005 at 12:15am

Well, then we have to question if they are believers. Either you believe in Qur'an and Hadeeth or you do not. You cannot say, ok, I will believe in this and do it but I will believe how I want to on another point and go against the Qur'an and then go on to say you totally believe in Islam either.

But you seem to know better.........

Lameese

Date Posted: 11 July 2005 at 12:15am

Bismillah

Thank you for correction. It was in my assumption that they were suicide bombers that perished at the time of committing the grave sin. On the other hand, there are conditions whereby a person is put outside of the fold of Islam, very often when one's faith is not manifested through his/ her deeds. And Allah knows best.

-------------
MOCKBA

Posted By: herjihad
Date Posted: 11 July 2005 at 4:33am

Bismillah,

May Allah, SWT, bless and guide the people devastated by bombings each day.

-------------
Al-Hamdulillah (From a Married Muslimah) La Howla Wa La Quwata Illa BiLLah - There is no Effort or Power except with Allah's Will.

Date Posted: 11 July 2005 at 5:58am

It is grey area in many faiths it seems. If you do wrong/ break the rules you can be forgiven if truly repentant. However, if you commit the sinful act kowing that it is wrong but with it in mind that you will be forgiven.... Only our creator can judge, he does indeed know best.

I am not familiar enough yet with the Islamic faith. I want to learn more. I do not understand the terms used etc. Please forgive me if I offend by using the wrong terms, I do not mean to. Is a hadith a teaching?

Clara

-------------
"We look forward to the time when the power of love will replace the love of power. Then will our world know the blessing of peace."

William Ewart Gladstone

Date Posted: 11 July 2005 at 11:54am

Bismillah,

Clara,

Look under Quran and Sunna on the main page to study the basics.  A hadith is a saying or action of the prophet Muhammad, SAW, which was observed and recorded.

-------------
Al-Hamdulillah (From a Married Muslimah) La Howla Wa La Quwata Illa BiLLah - There is no Effort or Power except with Allah's Will.

Date Posted: 11 July 2005 at 12:07pm

Clara,

Make sure the hadeeths you are reading are the true words of the Prophet. You can find many authentic materials out there that give the true hadeeths.

Lameese

Posted By: Sophie_J
Date Posted: 11 July 2005 at 1:25pm
Asalaamu Alaykum

I live in London and regularly travel to the areas where the bombs went off; my husband and his brother are both bus drivers in central London and both work for the company whose bus was blown up; that company is very very fair and in many areas the majority of its employees and managers are Muslim.  My husband's brother often drives the number 30 bus and it was his friend who was driving that day.  The people supporting this action obviously don't know Britain and London in particular; where two of the bombs went off are majority Muslim areas; also at least one, possibly two of the bombs went off in George Galloway's electoral constituency; George Galloway was voted in by all people of his community and the Labour MP was voted out, because the people in that area did not support Iraq and the British government; Mr Galloway is very close to Islam and some say he already reverted, his wife is certainly Muslim, she is Palestinian.   Another thing is the majority in the UK did not vote for Tony Blair in the last election but due to the flawed democracy here; they still got in; still in London Labour lost many many seats in parliament because of their role in Iraq.  One of my Muslim friends has lost her best friend,  her father is critically ill in hospital and her brother has lost his hearing; if you think this is jihad then Allah help you is all I can say

Sophie

Date Posted: 11 July 2005 at 1:28pm
Great explanation from the zone...short and clear...

Date Posted: 11 July 2005 at 6:52pm

Originally posted by Sophie_J Sophie_J wrote:

Asalaamu Alaykum

......... if you think this is jihad then Allah help you is all I can say

Sophie

W's Sophie,

I am so sorry this is happening there. The people that think this is  Jihad or are not sorry the body count is not higher will have to answer to Allah, their mouths will tell what is in their hearts.

People often twist the words of God to fit what they think is correct. And you are right..........Allah help those that have gone against Him and what He says and what His rules are.

Again, this is a horrible thing and I am sorry this is happening to you all there..............

Lameese

Posted By: b95000
Date Posted: 12 July 2005 at 12:19am
Sophie,

I'm so sorry to hear of the losses and pain your friends have suffered in London...it is indeed unbelievable to think that devout Muslims have been murdered by who - devout Muslims?  I don't think so...these murderers are Muslim and 'religious' in name only - don't you think.  I think they are heinous, pagan murderers of innocent people.  And in Iraq they're murdering innocent children.  You cannot get lower than this, in this world.

Sophie you said:
"Another thing is the majority in the UK did not vote for Tony Blair in the last election but due to the flawed democracy here; they still got in;"
A flawed democracy is certainly better then no democracy at all - wouldn't you agree?

-------------
Bruce
Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.

Date Posted: 12 July 2005 at 12:41am

Bismillah

Originally posted by b95000 b95000 wrote:

A flawed democracy is certainly better then no democracy at all - wouldn't you agree?

"A burst balloon is better than no balloon at all" would you also agree?

-------------
MOCKBA

Date Posted: 12 July 2005 at 12:44am

So, does that mean a bad Muslim who bombs the subway is better then not having been a Muslim at all?

We can all make those generalizations MOCKBA........

Lameese

Lameese

Date Posted: 12 July 2005 at 12:48am
Originally posted by MOCKBA MOCKBA wrote:

Bismillah

"A burst balloon is better than no balloon at all" would you also agree?

What is the parallel/metaphor between a balloon and democracy?

-------------
Bruce

Date Posted: 12 July 2005 at 1:33am

Bismillah

The parallel is not beween democracy and balloon... it is the uselesness that is a common point in these two statements.

Flawed democracy could be equally used to describe any government in the world... having anything ugly hidden in the shade of the flaw.

Government that is first and foremost obedient to God's commands is better... the rest is dirty and bloodstained politics.  

-------------
MOCKBA

Date Posted: 12 July 2005 at 1:50am

Bismillah

The parallel is not beween democracy and balloon... it is the uselesness that is a common point in these two statements.

B: I disagree that this parallel makes any sense - you are suggesting that a flawed democracy is totally useless like a burst balloon.  That is ridiculous and you know it.

Flawed democracy could be equally used to describe any government in the world... having anything ugly hidden in the shade of the flaw.

B: OK, right, that is why we fight against corruption...please show me a state anywhere in the world democracy or no that doesn't battle corruption to various degrees...................

I'm simply saying the freedom of democracy allows there to be less corruption and absolute power.  That that in a flawed form is better than totalitarianism in any form..you disagree with this?  Maybe you can name specific non-democratic governments that you think are superior in RESULTS than democratic ones.

-------------
Bruce

Date Posted: 12 July 2005 at 1:53am

Bismillah

Government that is first and foremost obedient to God's commands is better... the rest is dirty and bloodstained politics.  

You mean like the Saud's in KSA? That kind of government? Or were you talking about Jordan's government? Where is that kind of government again?  Where is this government that "is first and foremost obedient to God's commands"?  Maybe the UAE? Which one does not have a Royal Family? Where is that again?

Lameese

Date Posted: 12 July 2005 at 4:27am

Bismillah,

Sophie,

Thank you for your post.  It was the most cogent post on the topic.  We will pray for all of those hurt in bombings.

-------------

Date Posted: 12 July 2005 at 4:36am

Lameese, unfortunately such government does not exist in establishment today. This however does not give Muslims a discouraging thought that it is not achievable. Until people do not make effort to establish obedience to the Law of the Almighty as their primary goal, there will be no success in this world...

b25000, governing system of a tribe of small indigenous people in remote Amazonia is more superior in RESULTS than your filthy "democracy". Democracy that proclaims its fight against corruption, while having corrupted non other but religion... and to the extent that Satan himself will soon embrace it to the applause of gay bishops and paedophile parishioners. And this is why this "democracy" is not comfortable sharind this world with neighbours that are trying to establish obedience to God.  

-------------
MOCKBA

Date Posted: 12 July 2005 at 5:50am

Assalamu alaikum,

This point was made somewhere here before, and I received much grief for it, but, I feel a need to reiterate.  Democracy is not compatible with Islam in the sense that in a democracy the majority vote wins.  If the majority vote for something that is against the laws of Allah, this is not good for Islam or Muslims.

Take, for example, the "democracy" in Canada.  This democractic government has gone with the wishes of the majority of the people and voted "same sex marriage" into law.  When the majority wants, and votes for something evil, it is not good for anyone.

We cannot expect that in a majority Muslim country that a democracy would work any better.  Look at the example of Turkey, where Muslimahs are not allowed to wear hijab in government buildings or schools.  When the majority of people do not follow the laws of Allah, democracy works against us all.

Brother Mockba, you are so right when you say: "Until people do not make effort to establish obedience to the law of the Almighty as their primary goal, there will be no success in this world..."

Peace, ummziba.

-------------

Date Posted: 12 July 2005 at 12:20pm
Quote This point was made somewhere here before, and I received much grief for it, but, I feel a need to reiterate.  Democracy is not compatible with Islam in the sense that in a democracy the majority vote wins.  If the majority vote for something that is against the laws of Allah, this is not good for Islam or Muslims."

We cannot expect that in a majority Muslim country that a democracy would work any better.  Look at the example of Turkey, where Muslimahs are not allowed to wear hijab in government buildings or schools.  When the majority of people do not follow the laws of Allah, democracy works against us all.

It's not simply about what's good for Islam.  The world is made up of 6 billion plus people only somewhat over 1 billion are Muslim and there are something like 1.5 billion Christians.  How in the world will you relate to the rest of the world if your only consideration is what is good for Islam?  Isn't this what has gotten us into this conundrum?  We MUST learn to relate to each other or Muslims had best separate themselves from the rest of the world...is that what you really want or advocate?  Separation, removal from all the benefits of other societies and cultures?  What a shame if that's true..

Quote Brother Mockba, you are so right when you say: "Until people do not make effort to establish obedience to the law of the Almighty as their primary goal, there will be no success in this world..."

"there will be no success in this world..."  Again, such an monolithic view of the world is not practicable - do you really think?  Such disrespect, outright disdain it appears, for non-Muslims, is troubling to me to say the least...is this really the way Muslims are - disdainful and disrespectful of other cultures and faiths...I guess I'd grown up differently, hearing differently...

What say you?

-------------
Bruce

Date Posted: 12 July 2005 at 12:35pm
Originally posted by Lameese Lameese wrote:

You mean like the Saud's in KSA? That kind of government? Or were you talking about Jordan's government? Where is that kind of government again?  Where is this government that "is first and foremost obedient to God's commands"?  Maybe the UAE? Which one does not have a Royal Family? Where is that again?

Lameese

Lameese, unfortunately such government does not exist in establishment today. This however does not give Muslims a discouraging thought that it is not achievable. Until people do not make effort to establish obedience to the Law of the Almighty as their primary goal, there will be no success in this world...

b25000, governing system of a tribe of small indigenous people in remote Amazonia is more superior in RESULTS than your filthy "democracy". Democracy that proclaims its fight against corruption, while having corrupted non other but religion... and to the extent that Satan himself will soon embrace it to the applause of gay bishops and paedophile parishioners. And this is why this "democracy" is not comfortable sharind this world with neighbours that are trying to establish obedience to God.  

Fine - we can do comparative studies if you wish.  But how do you come off saying democracy is 'filthy'?  What experience do you have with it to make such claims?

Further, you can point to NO examples of a successful government that is conducted 'first and foremost obedient to God's commands' (I take it you mean only by the precepts of Allah, Mohammed and the Qur'an) - so what planet are you living on...it certainly doesn't appear to be Planet Earth.

I am only saying that a flawed democracy is the worst form of government, except for all rest...(Winston Churchill).  Since you cannot point to any government operating 'first and foremost obedient to God's commands' then what would you advocate in the meantime - between now and your utopian vision?

Your approach sounds very much like Marxism in that you are extremely critical of the existing order - have a view of utopia - but have no practical measures to get us there...

That is dangerous in and of itself...no matter what you may say about the flaws and ungodliness of democracy.

How ungodly is it to reign death and destruction upon the planet in random killings in the name of some 'higher utopia?'  I don't want to find out..

If you want Muslim government, if you want a Muslim world, then try to win it by the force of your ideas...Telling me that democracy is filthy and Satan will embrace it can easily be returned onto your very head, onto your very efforts...

Then what?  Are we at an impasse when that happens?  When both parties call the other "Satanic!"

-------------
Bruce

Date Posted: 12 July 2005 at 1:28pm

Quote Brother Mockba, you are so right when you say: "Until people do not make effort to establish obedience to the law of the Almighty as their primary goal, there will be no success in this world..."

"there will be no success in this world..."  Again, such an monolithic view of the world is not practicable - do you really think?  Such disrespect, outright disdain it appears, for non-Muslims, is troubling to me to say the least...is this really the way Muslims are - disdainful and disrespectful of other cultures and faiths...I guess I'd grown up differently, hearing differently...

What say you?

What say I?

I hold no disrespect nor outright disdain for any human being.  What I find disrepectful and outright disdainful is total disregard for the Creator.  We were created to worship Allah and act in the way He has set down in the revealed texts.  No human has the right to supercede the laws of the Creator.

la illaha illahla - there is no god but Allah.  To follow any other way is to snub our noses at the Almighty.  If all of humankind would finally figure that out it would be utopia!

Of course, the Creator gave humankind free will - there is no compulsion in religion, so everyone can choose to follow Him or not.

"Verily, Allah will not deal unjustly with man in aught: it is man that wrongs his own soul."  Qur'an 10:44

If you knew history, if you read the Qur'an, you would see that Muslims have nothing but respect for all human life.

Peace, ummziba.

-------------

Date Posted: 12 July 2005 at 2:27pm

Originally posted by </font><span =bold>ummziba</span><font face=Arial> ummziba wrote:

What I find disrepectful and outright disdainful is total disregard for the Creator...Of course, the Creator gave humankind free will - there is no compulsion in religion, so everyone can choose to follow Him or not.

"Verily, Allah will not deal unjustly with man in aught: it is man that wrongs his own soul."  Qur'an 10:44

This is vital.  No compulsion. 

Let's look then at a situation where you have people that do have 'regard for their Creator.' What do you think about living (in countries) side by side with Christians - for instance.  How will that work - how will you form a government of that country?  How could you base it on Sharia if there were just as many Christians, say, or more Christians than Muslims?  Wouldn't you, of necessity need to come up with another system that would work for the Christians and the Muslims - together?  If yes, then will the government formed be the 'democratic filth' that Mockba referred to?  Or just what sort of arrangement will it be?

That is, we're assuming there's no compulsion as you stated ummziba.

May the Lord bless you all by His gracious Hand.

-------------
Bruce

Date Posted: 12 July 2005 at 11:06pm

Bismillah,

Fervently sought for Utopias historically bathed their countries in bloodshed.  Practicality and pragmatism are characteristics of Prophet Muhammad, SAW.  We can put our thinking caps on and devise a solution for world peace, can't we?  Polarized ideaologies won't work.  As far as I've seen the people I think of as not being Muslims seem to be in charge of the design of Muslim countries. (People who murder innocents.)  The Taliban is an example of a failed Utopian leadership. 

I'd rather work together with many different nationalities and religions to figure things out because that is the reality we live in.  Prophet Muhammad, SAW, would know how to work things out because he was known for his honesty and diplomacy.

-------------

Date Posted: 13 July 2005 at 12:12am
Originally posted by herjihad herjihad wrote:

Bismillah,

Fervently sought for Utopias historically bathed their countries in bloodshed.  Practicality and pragmatism are characteristics of Prophet Muhammad, SAW.  We can put our thinking caps on and devise a solution for world peace, can't we?  Polarized ideaologies won't work.  As far as I've seen the people I think of as not being Muslims seem to be in charge of the design of Muslim countries. (People who murder innocents.)  The Taliban is an example of a failed Utopian leadership. 

I'd rather work together with many different nationalities and religions to figure things out because that is the reality we live in.  Prophet Muhammad, SAW, would know how to work things out because he was known for his honesty and diplomacy.

Well said herjihad - I think we must learn to work together.  The first step in that is to acknowledge that most of world is neither Muslim nor Christian - but something else...what are we to do about that?  We certainly cannot subjugate these people to something they will not by nature be sujugated to.  That is if we're going to keep with the idea of non compulsion in Islam and Christianity.

So back to this - let's say we've got a new nation forming - could be Iraq, could be anywhere in the world - but let's say it's 30% Muslim, 30% Christians and 40% everything else...what sort of government do we form?  How will it look?  What protections will the Constitution have and will it be a democracy?

In that case the argument that this would be a 'filthy democracy' is countermanded by the reality that there must be SOME way to go forward and a democracy with representation for all the groups, for all the stakeholders, is the way to do it...

If such a government, with its protections for minority groups and freedoms and rights, prevents bloodshed and protects the innocent...how, pray tell, is that 'filthy' [Mockba]?

-------------
Bruce

Date Posted: 13 July 2005 at 12:31am

Bismillah

If in your presumed state majority (by their vote) will constitute worshippers of Satan, who having gained power will proclaim their "sincerity" in protecting the rights of God-worshipping minority groups ... 'filthy' would only be one of the words to describe such system of governance.

And judging by developments that have taken place in the past centuries this is what democracy leads its societies to become... godless materialistic mass unable to quench its thirst for more.

-------------
MOCKBA

Date Posted: 13 July 2005 at 1:37am

Muslims should not support the terrorists but neither, should they cooperate with the Western govts. in their war against terrorism. Even if its accepted "terrorsists" are bad, are far more better than the Western soldiers who oppress the weak and poor people of the world.

Muslims are weak and poor, they won't take to arms unless they are compelled to do so.

-------------

Date Posted: 13 July 2005 at 5:26am

Bismillah,

Sometimes when people talk about things they don't realize that talk can really become reality.  Or it can sit there, which it often does.  But just because something has been talked about seemingly forever and endlessly doesn't mean that in the blink of an eye all of that talk spirals into reality.  Actions are taken which cannot be reversed, like bloodshed and oppression. 

This is why I believe it is important to discuss things with this sense of possiblitly of implementation in mind.  Maybe there is a future leader of a country observing or even participating in these discussions.  Frivilous speech regarding such vital topics is fine for jokes, but not for serious discussions. 

It's fine to shoot down democracy and all forms of current government because they have all failed.  We did great for a little while under the blessed leadership of Prophet Muhammad, SAW. 

What can we do in reality without him as our physical leader?  He was the absolute leader, but he was wonderfully special.  So, I'm going to from the start say that Kingships should not be considered as viable options in the future plan for world peace.  (What about temporary autocratic rulers, you know, with a limited time period?  I guess they would change the law to allow the temporariness to become permanent passing to their children.)

(Of course there are people laughing unceaslingly at this discussion, which has clearly diverted from the topic of London, but that's okay.  It's all good.)

-------------

Date Posted: 13 July 2005 at 6:17am

Bismillah

Sister Herjihad. In light of your last post, may be we should start a new thread under new heading where we could contribute thoughts, articles and references on the concept of Islamic System of Government.

I will be posting some initial information, insha Allah, and will look forward to reading others' opinions, useful references and articles.

-------------
MOCKBA

Date Posted: 13 July 2005 at 4:18pm

Bismillah

If in your presumed state majority (by their vote) will constitute worshippers of Satan, who having gained power will proclaim their "sincerity" in protecting the rights of God-worshipping minority groups ... 'filthy' would only be one of the words to describe such system of governance.

And judging by developments that have taken place in the past centuries this is what democracy leads its societies to become... godless materialistic mass unable to quench its thirst for more.

"worshippers of Satan"
Please define this...

"godless materialistic mass unable to quench its thirst for more."

Hyperbole and generalization - Mockba, you forgot the ability to feed half the world - how did you miss that and is that evil too? 

Now what has your country done for the God and the people of the world lately?  What have Muslim countries done for the God and people of the world lately?  If you want to dole out criticisms lets spread them around evenly, alright?

It's interesting because I basically see that your view is that the democracies are filthy and such - which leaves very little negotiating room...

-------------
Bruce

Posted By: Whisper
Date Posted: 16 July 2005 at 12:20pm

It's not that democracy is filthy. The way we have begun to spread democracy from 52,000 feet up above in the sky sort of a way and (not to forget) with all those depleted uranium shells, she has begun to look something like George W Bush himself.

Now the sad fact is that poor GWB doesn't hold a very kool picture in certain countries. Not just in Afghanistan and Iraq but quite a few others also. My friend, first we just want  f r e e d o m! I hope you will agree that freedom is a good thing? Also for people who are not Americans. No?

Once we have freedom from American troops and freedom from your CIA planted heads of our states, we may consider democracy.

Right now we just want our lands F R E E.

Date Posted: 18 July 2005 at 4:33pm
Originally posted by Whisper Whisper wrote:

It's not that democracy is filthy.

B: Apparently not everyone agrees with you here.

My friend, first we just want  f r e e d o m! I hope you will agree that freedom is a good thing? Also for people who are not Americans. No?

B: Why would you need to confirm this with me?  Of course - but perhaps yours is rhetorical excess Sasha Khanzadeh?  No?

Once we have freedom from American troops and freedom from your CIA planted heads of our states, we may consider democracy. 

B: btw Sasha: how free was Iraq under Saddam and Afghanistan under the Taliban - just curious?  Why don't you elaborate about that and then I may consider your points.

Right now we just want our lands F R E E.

B: "our lands" - whose lands are these?  Who do you mean by "our"?

-------------
Bruce

Posted By: kim!
Date Posted: 19 July 2005 at 6:47am

Democracy is filthy?

I think you would find in a place where everyone is, say, voluntarily Muslim, where everyone is educated, where everyone has food and clothing and shelter and love and safety, democracy and Islam would be COMPLETELY compatible. People would vote for the correct things and not vote for the wrong, unhealthy things.

Good luck. You guys are going to have to sell your product REALLY hard and hope that eventually your people will be educated and healthy enough not to spoil the party for you. Trust the people enough and educate the people enough and they will trust, too, and vote the right way.

Kim...

Date Posted: 19 July 2005 at 7:25am
Kim you always fly in at the best (or the worst) times.

Date Posted: 19 July 2005 at 7:56am

All the folks don't even agree with God, why would I expect all of them to agree with me? i promise you upon my scout's honour, I am not GBW or something like that?

My friend, I wouldn't need your confirmation. If you study the English language you will find out that it's just a polite form of actually confirming what we say. So if something doesn't suit you, it become a rhetorical excess?

You seriously think I would take your bait and start dancing to your tune of how Afghanistan was under Talibaan? It may suit you or the Neo-Cons to stir that point up.

What killing field it has become under the US interests me at this moment of time. The way the US abuses her prisoners is what interests the world right now. Not what Saddam or Mullah Omar did.

Isn't it sad that you have been reduced to comparing US conduct just with that of Saddam's regime or with Taalibaan?

I am an Afghan and now we are fighting to free our lands from the Americans. Any problem with that? From a man from a freedom loving country?

Date Posted: 19 July 2005 at 7:58am
By the way, B95 K, just one question? Is this your only full time job (to be on this site) or you do something else also on the side?

Date Posted: 20 July 2005 at 10:29pm

All the folks don't even agree with God, why would I expect all of them to agree with me?

Oh, dunno - perhaps something about your tone?

My friend, I wouldn't need your confirmation.

Great Sasha, you asked this question ["I hope you will agree that freedom is a good thing?"] - not to be answered?

If you study the English language you will find out that it's just a polite form of actually confirming what we say.

B: Interesting - are you a native English speaker?

So if something doesn't suit you, it become a rhetorical excess?

Oh, no.  Not usually.  But I have noticed it in your case Sasha Khanzadeh.  Under the guise of humor and friendly bantor you then spring forward with excessive personal insults [calling people or their questions 'stupid' - that's just plain rude and obnoxious], derisions, obssession about the culpibility of the US in everything (how can the US be so omni-present?)

You seriously think I would take your bait and start dancing to your tune of how Afghanistan was under Talibaan? It may suit you or the Neo-Cons to stir that point up.

B: Ah, so you don't want to discuss the context of the current situation?  You are fine with all what transpired under the Taliban?

What killing field it has become under the US interests me at this moment of time.

B: Killing field - please discuss what you're implying here.  I know someone who personally came upon a field of 35,000 bodies killed by the Khmer Rouge in Cambodia.  Are you suggesting this in Afghanistan?

The way the US abuses her prisoners is what interests the world right now. Not what Saddam or Mullah Omar did.

B: If the US abuses its power, it will be held to account.  That is more than you can say for the Soviet Union of old and many, many, many other powers..There have been some civilians killed by military power excercised in Afghanistan - and for that there is profound sadness - I know this to be true of me personally and many, many I am in contact with.  That said, Afghanistan under the Taliban gave the US little choice regarding its complicity with al Qaeda, Osama bin Laden and his kabal of mass murderers.  Furthermore, the tryanny of the Taliban reached sickenly epoch (in the complete negative sense of that word) proportions...yet, you wish not to discuss context Sasha?  That is just ludicrous.

Isn't it sad that you have been reduced to comparing US conduct just with that of Saddam's regime or with Taalibaan?

B: You have no qualms deriding the US (within the MNF), Pres. Bush or generally all Americans in the harshest way, but you're suggesting surprise that I would defend US actions within the legitimate context in which they arose?  I would assume we wouldn't need to compare these entities - the US with Saddam or Taliban - but your argumentation on the point ["Once we have freedom from American troops and freedom from your CIA planted heads of our states, we may consider democracy"] begs the point.  And so the point is duly made,  your protests notwithstanding.

I am an Afghan and now we are fighting to free our lands from the Americans. Any problem with that? From a man from a freedom loving country?

B: I think your oversight in failing to condemn the Taliban which committed such heinous crimes - along with your diatribe against the US (it's really the MNF as John Howard has plainly reasserted the truth of in the past week) is just shocking...have you done so in your 'three years on this site'? (although your profile says one year..)  Perhaps when you do that I'll listen to your protestations about the evil the Americans are helping to cause.

I wish you and all Afghanis - a free and prosperous nation - whether you choose to recognize how it got that way Sasha - is up to you...

-------------
Bruce

Date Posted: 21 July 2005 at 4:11pm

The problem is that the natives don�t really use English (Try George Bernard Shaw�s Pygmalion). I had to acquire the Queen�s English with a bit of effort and, of course, considerable expense.

how can the US be so omni-present?

I have ever only discussed the US role in these occupations at hand. I have not thus far even mention how the US had over run an Elected government in Teheran on the behest of the Iranian American Oil Company and placed a Shah with a nett IQ of 91.2. Some argue that it was proven to be 93.1

B: Ah, so you don't want to discuss the context of the current situation?  You are fine with all what transpired under the Taliban?

If Taliban were all that bad then why were they hosted in Texas � July 2001?

And, why are the Afghans again gathering around them, now?

I know we do have ledgers full of killing and destruction accounts across the globe, I am only interested in how many have been killed in Afghanistan and how many are being killed even today and listed under the grand total of Al-Qaeda.

I am glad at least you recognise �some� civilians killed by military power in Afghanistan. I won't go into the exact figures and spoil this moment of sharing sadness.

Bruce, I am a prisoner of my own position. I have very little time left from looking after a huge clan. Right now all our days are taken counting the dead on both sides of the border. Pakistan army seems to have got a much bigger Killing Franchise from the US than we could ever imagine. I am tempted to leave discussing the context for the historians.

I sincerely hope not John Howard the Australian prime minister?

I would reserve some very senior Australian journalist�s comments about him.

I was on this site under Khanzadeh, but lost my password. Signed up under this screen name after that.

My friend, thank you for your kind sentiments.

You would know that we have always been a free people. We always fight hard at the slightest scent of a puppet in Kabul.

That�s what is going on right now.

One day we shall be free.

Date Posted: 21 July 2005 at 7:12pm

The problem is that the natives don�t really use English (Try George Bernard Shaw�s Pygmalion). I had to acquire the Queen�s English with a bit of effort and, of course, considerable expense.
B: I think you speak English very well.  I admire your efforts at language(s).  I could only hope to speak your native tongue as well someday.

how can the US be so omni-present?

I have ever only discussed the US role in these occupations at hand. I have not thus far even mention how the US had over run an Elected government in Teheran on the behest of the Iranian American Oil Company and placed a Shah with a nett IQ of 91.2. Some argue that it was proven to be 93.1

Bruce:
Francis J. Gavin is an international security fellow at the Belfer Center for Science and International Affairs, Harvard University:

http://www.fas.harvard.edu/%7Ehpcws/gavin.pdf - with covert support from the U.S. Central Intelligence Agency (CIA), deposed Mohammed
Mossadegh as the Prime Minister of Iran. Mossadegh�s overthrow climaxed more than two
years of crisis stemming from Iran�s clash with Great Britain over the nationalization of the
British owned Anglo-Iranian Oil company. Early in the crisis, the United States was
sympathetic to Mossadegh�s nationalization program, and went to great lengths to convince the
British to negotiate a fair settlement with Iran. Throughout 1951 and 1952, the U.S.
government steadfastly refused to sanction any unilateral attempt by Great Britain to end the
crisis through non-diplomatic means."

If Taliban were all that bad then why were they hosted in Texas � July 2001?

And, why are the Afghans again gathering around them, now?

B: There was one spokesman from the Taliban in Texas in 2001.  What's your point?  As the US tries to deal with any number of regimes they have diplomats around the world...are you suggesting that the democracies disengage from all non-democracies?  http://www.calguard.ca.gov/ia/Taliban/Taliban%20Explains%20Buddha%20demolition.htm - It was the Taliban's initiative to come to the US to try to smooth things out with the US over OBL.   It's always easy to be a naysayer and it's always easier to look back than to look forward.

I know we (B: all nations every where at every time) do have ledgers full of killing and destruction accounts across the globe, I am only interested in how many have been killed in Afghanistan and how many are being killed even today and listed under the grand total of Al-Qaeda.

B: How can you be 'only' interested in that?  I thought you were against any killing anywhere?

I am glad at least you recognise �some� civilians killed by military power in Afghanistan. I won't go into the exact figures and spoil this moment of sharing sadness.

Bruce, I am a prisoner of my own position. I have very little time left from looking after a huge clan. Right now all our days are taken counting the dead on both sides of the border. Pakistan army seems to have got a much bigger Killing Franchise from the US than we could ever imagine. I am tempted to leave discussing the context for the historians...

My friend, thank you for your kind sentiments.

You would know that we have always been a free people. We always fight hard at the slightest scent of a puppet in Kabul.

That�s what is going on right now.

One day we shall be free.

B: While I haven't agreed with your approach with me and America at times, I respect this reality that you face very much.  I think your concern for your family, your kith and kin is noble.  I trust that peace can be restored to the your homeland(s) and that it will be a lasting and real peace and freedom.

May God bless you and may He bless Afghanistan with His goodness, prosperity and peace.  I will do my personal best to advocate that civilians are being treated as fairly as possible by the US military, in the sense that I will advocate for this, until they withdraw.

I trust the good people of Afghanistan will oppose al Qaeda and the Death Cultists with all the freedom they possess.

So Sasha, are you Mulsim? 

-------------
Bruce

Date Posted: 21 July 2005 at 7:24pm

Bismillah,

Death Cultist.  That is a most appropriate name for the terrorists.

-------------

Date Posted: 22 July 2005 at 4:45am

No, Bruce, I don�t belong to any �organised� religion, political party or other such band. I was raised in all faiths for my role with a 2.2 million strong "community" spread across Afghanistan, India and Pakistan. We have Sikh, Hindu, Muslim and Christian followers.

I had to read Gita, the Torah and cover the Bible with an American Missionary before reading an English translation of the Quran. A Sikh gayani was at court to teach me gurmukhi so that I could follow the Garanth Saheb. I have lead mass (Psalm 143) at a Cathedral, prayed at Hindu temples and eaten Parshad with my Sikhs at their gurdawaras.

Your Iran point makes sense.

We all know how areas of Brit influence were gradually taken over by the US and, ironically, with all those sour liabilities of the Brit Colonial Rule. US took over a business from her English speaking cousins with millions of irritated customers!

I hope you will appreciate that the realities of Life are dictated by peoples' perceptions. Say, even in our ordinary day-to-day life, two neighbours can come to see and take very different stand on some absolutely simple point. What do we do here?

Shoot the both?

Or, just the one the lobbyists convince us to be in the wrong?

People in this area remember just what they have actually seen.

They saw the Shah entering Teheran on top of an American tank and, then a Colonel Roosevelt took to direct him and his regime from an anteroom in his palace - for a good 21 years.

In the 50s Iran was about the Koolest place in town.

Teheran was known Mid East�s Paris. Even the Bombay film industry people would spend their long weekends there. Not in the swinging suburbs of their own city. If you look at this situation with an open mind, you would find that Khomeni would have been a total nobody, but for blatant American support for an oppressive Pehelvi regime.

A bit like Washington is now suppressing a global probe into Karimov�s Uzbek killings. No, not really for her own interests?

My friend, peoples' attitudes are formed by their perceptions and what the experience. Not by the State Department's desires or just merely by someone's sermons.

Today�s global situation would be different if the US only ever followed the just path. We both know that corporate oligarchy has a big hand in running the US and it often does smell a bit of oil.

OBL wouldn�t have been hosted by any country in the world had it not been for the sheer presence of US troops in Saudi Arabia. Saudi is the single most sensitive point for our world�s 1,473,000,000 Muslims.

We are almost friends now, lets agree that even people who handle stolen goods at the street level, always make sure they hold some documentation to make that camcorder in their glove compartment just a bit kosher!!

We know the US had obtained a document from the House of Saud.

This could be a good situation for the Americans. But for the rest of the world the Sauds had come to be seen as crooked as their backers. OBL would have been just a Riyadh builder only if he was not boosted by US deeds + the Americans inability to consider or, mostly, even to understand people in the street.

The saddest fact is that if the Americans had used their affable smile and just learnt to cultivate with legitimate people in other countries, they would have been the most loved characters in the whole world. This would have cost your country less than 2.5% of what your wars have cost you.

Plus, imagine, no body bags, no civilians deads.

Date Posted: 22 July 2005 at 2:18pm

Bismillah,

Death Cultist.  That is a most appropriate name for the terrorists.

Yes, they literally believe in death...it is like an article of faith...it is very, very preverse and frightening for the rest of us that respect life, honor life, want to protect life..the question is how can we upend the hijacking of Islam that they are attempting..?

-------------
Bruce

Date Posted: 22 July 2005 at 2:59pm

Yes, they literally believe in death...it is like an article of faith...it is very, very preverse and frightening for the rest of us that respect life, honor life, want to protect life..the question is how can we upend the hijacking of Islam that they are attempting..?

Very simple, be just and stop killing people or occupying their lands. That's the only way out.

Date Posted: 22 July 2005 at 3:38pm

Bismillah,

Whisper and B,

You might not realize that my definition of terrorist includes anyone dropping bombs on innocent people.  It is against my religion to kill non-combatants.  I would like "collateral damage" to be against the law in my country.

B, we can pray for Allah, SWT, to punish all transgressors for he is in charge.  I advocate praying to Allah, SWT, against them all as well, but I brought up the Al-Qaeda group because they had the nerve to ask for our prayers when we hate them for killing so many innocents and frightening them with their evil ways.

But now that I think about it, I remember something GWB said about God being behind him and his decisions.  Yeah, that deserves prayers against his evil bomb dropping, country invading ways also.

I personally would like to see the destruction of all weapons of mass destruction, which includes bombs from planes et cetera.  I was very sad when the dismantling of nuclear warheads stopped because the Soviet Union fell apart and the powers that be in America had no incentive to destroy them anymore.

If we all agreed that we need to stop mass killings, then we could enter a world treaty, and have much more peace.

-------------

Date Posted: 22 July 2005 at 4:42pm

Bismillah,

Whisper and B,

You might not realize that my definition of terrorist includes anyone dropping bombs on innocent people.  It is against my religion to kill non-combatants.  I would like "collateral damage" to be against the law in my country.

B, we can pray for Allah, SWT, to punish all transgressors for he is in charge.  I advocate praying to Allah, SWT, against them all as well, but I brought up the Al-Qaeda group because they had the nerve to ask for our prayers when we hate them for killing so many innocents and frightening them with their evil ways.

But now that I think about it, I remember something GWB said about God being behind him and his decisions.  Yeah, that deserves prayers against his evil bomb dropping, country invading ways also.

I personally would like to see the destruction of all weapons of mass destruction, which includes bombs from planes et cetera.  I was very sad when the dismantling of nuclear warheads stopped because the Soviet Union fell apart and the powers that be in America had no incentive to destroy them anymore.

If we all agreed that we need to stop mass killings, then we could enter a world treaty, and have much more peace.

Thanks for your thoughts Herjihad.

Do you believe that police need to use force sometimes against evil persons intent on doing evil to innocent persons?  If you do, then the same could be said of say, Saddam Hussein, Mullah Omar or Osama Bin Laden - could it not...how do you plan to stop these people without force or the threat of force?  Could anyone have stopped Hitler or Pol Pot (for that matter) without force?

May the great God bless you and your family..peace be upon you..

-------------
Bruce

Date Posted: 23 July 2005 at 11:12pm

Herjihad, I have checked. Now, it's perfectly kosher to kill. GBW went to a mount in the States and got an upgrade of the Ten Commandments (aka TC version VII - Windows 2003/4).

It reads "thou shalt kill only from 52,000 feet in the air and if you can fabricate enough explanations, for your own voters if not for the rest of the world"

You may have noticed, all America towns are planned on a square grid. Our designs seem to effect our approach to life. Leaving aside that rare breed of the Lewis Lapham or Noam Chomsky likes all others seem to live in a very sqaure grid of response to almsot evrything in their lives.

Date Posted: 25 July 2005 at 1:09pm

Bismillah,

It is 100 degrees with no air conditioner.  To continue...

We need to start preventing crime with the crime that is preventable (people who would behave nicely if they really knew how and were not led into crime).  Food, education, recreation for poor kids all over the world, and a meaningful existence for all of us (caring for others through giving, volunteering et cetera).  This topic could take PAGES!

Most American kids have violence bred into us by our culture and surroundings.  We are also taught that girls and boys are a different breed from each other, and we are raised this way.  I consider both of these faulty and destructive.  Yeah, it's a cute joke to say: Men!  But our differences are overplayed way too much.

We need to breed peace, love, compassion, understanding, communication skills into our children.  And beyond this, there are still evil souls who will commit atrocities, like the pedophiles all over the world, but that I hear about in America and Europe a lot.  (Unfortunatley, they are in Arabic and other countries as well.)

The current American government's only interest is power, oil, and glory.  (That's because they were taught violence when they were kids.)  Do you see the cycle?  It is for peace loving Muslims, and people of other faiths, to encourage peace and good behavior.

How does dropping bombs on innocent villages help anybody? My country should still be paying reparations to the black slaves who were stolen from their countries, the Indians whose land we stole, and the Japanese whom we massacered with the worst weapons of mass destruction use ever.

With paying all of our bills, and healthcare for all of our citizens, we wouldn't have any money for invading other countries.  But we'd have healthier, happier human being Americans.

By the way, I don't know of an Arabic country that is better.  Certainly not Jordan.  We all seem to have the same violent behavior and attitudes as a society.  It's really hard to purge and find peace, but we can try.

-------------

Date Posted: 25 July 2005 at 1:24pm

How does dropping bombs on innocent villages help anybody?

Which innocent village was bombed intentionally?  Again, I would never claim perfection from the MN forces arrayed currently in the War against Terror/War for Freedom.  However, since when does harboring the heinous mass murderer Osama Bin Laden, mass killer of 3,000 in one hour, become something that can be helped with food stamps?  Uh, sorry, that's not going to make him capitulate Herjihad.  But, if you will, be specific on which innocent villages are being bombed..

-------------
Bruce

Date Posted: 26 July 2005 at 12:46pm

Please Herjihad we must not mock anyone�s faith.

It�s an article of his faith that God can design something wrong, but never never the US go wrong.

Date Posted: 26 July 2005 at 12:49pm

It�s an article of his faith that God can design something wrong, but never never the US go wrong.

Well, isn't that a double edged sword? That can go for any country in the world. Or person......

Date Posted: 26 July 2005 at 1:01pm
Originally posted by Lameese Lameese wrote:

Well, isn't that a double edged sword? That can go for any country in the world. Or person......

Including Sasha's opinion of himself!
I on the other hand have never subscribed to this idea that Sasha (Whisper) imparts to me (as if from on high ) that somehow the US can do no wrong.  Not at all...the US had done many wrongs, as has every country and people that has ever been...but hey, why deal with reality and facts, right Sasha, when beating up on people with hyperbole is sooo much fun for you..

-------------
Bruce

Date Posted: 26 July 2005 at 7:45pm

Bismillah,

Would someone like to post one of the hundreds of innocent villages that the U.S. has bombed?  (Can't you think of one, B?)

Osama Bin Laden???  He got his start from the U.S. funding him a million dollars in Afganistan.  That is accepted even by the Bush admin.

A sister pointed out that the U.S.'s funding of the Iraq was has caused proportional decreases in public health and welfare programs in the U.S.  Medicaid dollars were directly used to bomb towns in Iraq! 

How many disenfranchised kids are going to turn their poverty and anger into hatred for the powers that be?  This is the most important question:  What future unibombers and Oklahoma City bombers are we breeding right here at home through poverty and neglect?  We don't know their names yet, but unfortunately, we will soon.  Unless of course we change things now by caring for our people and our neighbors as best we can through preventative measures such as health care and housing and food and work.

-------------

Date Posted: 26 July 2005 at 8:00pm

Would someone like to post one of the hundreds of innocent villages that the U.S. has bombed?  (Can't you think of one, B?)

B: Uh, that would be your duty, since you've made the accusation...it should be easy for you, if, as you claim, there are hundreds...so?

Osama Bin Laden???  He got his start from the U.S. funding him a million dollars in Afganistan.  That is accepted even by the Bush admin.

B: OK, now, you're talking about the Cold War...uh, huh..

A sister pointed out that the U.S.'s funding of the Iraq war has caused proportional decreases in public health and welfare programs in the U.S.  Medicaid dollars were directly used to bomb towns in Iraq!

How many disenfranchised kids are going to turn their poverty and anger into hatred for the powers that be?  This is the most important question:  What future unibombers and Oklahoma City bombers are we breeding right here at home through poverty and neglect?  We don't know their names yet, but unfortunately, we will soon.  Unless of course we change things now by caring for our people and our neighbors as best we can through preventative measures such as health care and housing and food and work.

B: You make this sound like a zero sum game - a one pie for the world situation...it's not.  Freedom and prosperity have their own exponential power...I don't buy this one for one business...furthermore, the Medicaid recipients won't be able to enjoy any benefits once dead in a terrorist mass attack. Herjihad, you don't, for some reason mention that, at all.  Why not?  Is that not part of the reality?

I will totally agree with you that we need to take care of the poor.  Absolutely.  I just disagree with your cause and effect alarmism, especially as it disregards some basic elements of reality - like the Islamic motivated deat cultists.

-------------
Bruce

Posted By: jibreel
Date Posted: 27 July 2005 at 4:04am
Osama is a billionaire

He got weapons and had his people trained by the U.S. is what happened
and still going on.

The fact that death Cult is what Bush and Blair proposed before they
started this war makes it equal for others to take there lives for it if they
are simply the enemies because they are not white or un desirable
citizens in helping the new gapps between the RIch and Poor.

Christianity since the crusades have been nothing but a death CULT, take
Christ-Mass for one fact, why a mass, why inventions of a bloody crucifix
and blood rituals , its idolatry all the way to the bank and hypocrisy., even
Jesus spoke against these types of acts wit the pagans in egypt (PBUH).,
and what God dies?

If you agree with loosing lives to carry out a New World Order then don't
cry if others do it by there own choice,
Down in History, Hitler, Bush and Blair are the only people who ever
stated that they will go into a war that will cost there own peoples lives,
and you voted for them.

I rather no violence took place, but i can not stop aggressive self
interested nations from murdering other human beings can i, either can
you.
So why not stop the hypocracy and double standards here..

Date Posted: 27 July 2005 at 11:01am

Herjihad, I won't address you as sister, I prefer dukhtar (daughter in Farsi).

Not just villages, but innumerable wedding parties, delegations and anything and everything. I have phoned my man in Peshawar, we shall have a whole list by the end of this week. Why else would the Afghan public begin to turn against someone who actually liberated them from the Talibaan? It's just random killings and outright vulgar behaviour of the US troops. They are utterly devoid of any cultural or even human sensitivity.

Though, I suggest not to pay much attention to this poster. Just watch his posts, he is bent on provoking one thing or the other, all hours. He doesn't hold even a single point that can be backed by anything other than his own words. Let's be a bit light and laugh at such a state. 

My son is psychiatrist. He did say something about such behaviour, but I won't like to mention it here on the site or hurt this young man's feelings. Let him enjoy his fantasies. He hasn't started to kill people for assering his points. At least not as yet.

Date Posted: 27 July 2005 at 11:04am

Well, isn't that a double edged sword? That can go for any country in the world. Or person

No. Some people do believe in certain things a wee above a flag or their nationhoods.

Date Posted: 27 July 2005 at 11:26am

There are a lot of people that believe above  a flag or their nation hoods. Doesn't change the fact that it is a double edged sword that can be said about anywhere, place, time or person.

Lameese

Date Posted: 27 July 2005 at 1:14pm

Herjihad, I won't address you as sister, I prefer dukhtar (daughter in Farsi).

Not just villages, but innumerable wedding parties, delegations and anything and everything. I have phoned my man in Peshawar, we shall have a whole list by the end of this week. Why else would the Afghan public begin to turn against someone who actually liberated them from the Talibaan? It's just random killings and outright vulgar behaviour of the US troops. They are utterly devoid of any cultural or even human sensitivity.

Though, I suggest not to pay much attention to this poster. Just watch his posts, he is bent on provoking one thing or the other, all hours. He doesn't hold even a single point that can be backed by anything other than his own words. Let's be a bit light and laugh at such a state. 

My son is psychiatrist. He did say something about such behaviour, but I won't like to mention it here on the site or hurt this young man's feelings. Let him enjoy his fantasies. He hasn't started to kill people for assering his points. At least not as yet.

Sasha, reserves his harshest diatribe and insults - not for the criminal who committed the crime but for the police who must come in and clean up the place...if your people, Sasha, had done a better job of taking care of themselves after being helped along by the West to defeat the Soviets, you wouldn't have called the judgment of the world down upon your heads.  Why did you harbor the heinous murderous regimes of the Taliban and Osama Bin Laden..mass murderers all?  That our Afghani, Spanish, British friend - is your true illusion.  Thinking that somehow you are pure and others are not.  I have no illusion like that, nor do I swear total allegience to the US flag as you deleteriously assert.  My allegience is to the Great God and no other.  You are the one truly wrapped up & entangled in your illusions - not I.

-------------
Bruce

Date Posted: 27 July 2005 at 1:30pm
Freud would have a field day...........

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2019 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net