What are the Muslim hobbies today?

Printed From: IslamiCity.org
Category: General
Forum Name: General Discussion
Forum Description: General Discussion
URL: https://www.islamicity.org/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=13661
Printed Date: 24 April 2024 at 10:59pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: What are the Muslim hobbies today?
Posted By: Tariq abu
Subject: What are the Muslim hobbies today?
Date Posted: 05 December 2008 at 2:35pm
What are the Muslims favorite things to do in general today...it used to be archery..now what do the Muslims find entertaining..? Is it movies TV comics...or halal things like Reading the holy book.. Please tell us what your hobbies are and what do you think is the most popular of hobbies today in modern life..

Replies:
Posted By: Chrysalis
Date Posted: 11 December 2008 at 1:47am
Interesting topic . . .  this should be fun.

My hobbies include keeping pets, reading (on various subjects e.g. animal care, islam, religions, social issues, fiction, biographies etc) writing, TV (i like comedy stuff), browsing internet . . . nail art . Also pondering over issues and making castles in the air :p

I tend to obsess over a particular hobby, and then get bored of it, so need something new :p so far, My Pets and Reading is the only consistent hobby of mine. (taking care of animals and showing rahmah to them is reward-worthy i.e act of sadaqah)

oH YEA, I used to collect feathers, but then i lost my collection :(

You didnt mention your hobbies Tariq Abu. . .

-------------
"O Lord, forgive me, my parents and Muslims in the Hereafter. O Lord, show mercy on them as they showed mercy to me when I was young."

Posted By: JihadX
Date Posted: 11 December 2008 at 3:03pm
Salam
My robbies include reading, and practicing martial arts. I find these two hobbies are wonderful. They keep me busy when I'm not making salah. Otherwise i try to do something that concerns Islam like listen to lectures by various sheikhs.

-------------
�The knife that slaughtered the guards at Bagram and set us free is now on its way to other places,�
_ The Mujahid, The Eminent, Sheikh Abu Yahya Al Libi

Posted By: mariyah
Date Posted: 15 December 2008 at 4:45pm
I read, rescue cats, practice OYA crochet, Do a womens group at the masjid, work, sew, and cook..when I have the time. My marriage contract does not specify housework, does yours?

-------------
"Every good deed is charity whether you come to your brother's assistance or just greet him with a smile.

Posted By: Akhe Abdullah
Date Posted: 15 December 2008 at 5:02pm
As salaamulaikum Brothers and Sisters.May Allah bless you and be apart of your everyday life experience(Ameen). [IMG]smileys/smiley36.gif" align="middle" />I guess Ill be the first to mention ICF also SF for those of you who know about the site,Weightlifting,practicing memorization,playing with my children,going to my youngest sons basketball games and latelty I have been taking Arabic classes at my local Masjid(Alhamduillah)

Date Posted: 15 December 2008 at 5:14pm
Mashallah brother. To me, learning Arabic is one of my major goals! I won't feel good about myself until i become fluent. I'll feel like a failure.

-------------
�The knife that slaughtered the guards at Bagram and set us free is now on its way to other places,�
_ The Mujahid, The Eminent, Sheikh Abu Yahya Al Libi

Date Posted: 15 December 2008 at 5:31pm
Originally posted by JihadX JihadX wrote:

Mashallah brother. To me, learning Arabic is one of my major goals! I won't feel good about myself until i become fluent. I'll feel like a failure.
As salaamulaikum Brother JihadX. Nice to hear from you again.I know exactly what you mean.Its not to late to start.I was also tired of just getting by with just greetings and words of Praises you kind of feel like you havent realy learnt anything like you are behind but Allah Ta ala got our back Akh(Inshallah).

Date Posted: 15 December 2008 at 5:34pm
Naam, inshallah i'm going to University Of Madeenah next summer for the Arabic Program. I'm also debating on studying hadith or sharia. what do you say?

Date Posted: 15 December 2008 at 5:50pm

Naam, inshallah i'm going to University Of Madeenah next summer for the Arabic Program. I'm also debating on studying hadith or sharia. what do you say?
Alhamduillah for everything brother if that was the only thing I colud say read or write Alhamduillah.Allahuakbar

Posted By: Imani
Date Posted: 15 December 2008 at 11:57pm

Salam alaikum.

It looks like we have all forgotten something. In one way or the other we spend part of our time on the internet, right? well that makes our hobby too.

First of all, I thank Almighty Allah for making this very life possible for me, Alhamdulilla.  My greatest hobby lately is reading and learning the Holy Quran after every Fajr prayers and Magrib prayers.
I have little extra times, so when i get the opportunity I read Islamic magazines and Darussalam publications.

-------------
"But those who believe and do righteous deeds are the best of all creatures."(surah98:7)
peace for all peace for the nation. To Allah indeed we are to return. SALAM

Date Posted: 16 December 2008 at 8:10am
Originally posted by Imani Imani wrote:

Salam alaikum.

It looks like we have all forgotten something. In one way or the other we spend part of our time on the internet, right? well that makes our hobby too.

First of all,�I thank Almighty Allah�for making this very life possible for me, Alhamdulilla.� My greatest hobby lately is reading and learning the Holy Quran after every Fajr prayers and Magrib prayers.

I�have little extra times, so when i get the opportunity I read Islamic magazines and Darussalam publications.

Date Posted: 16 December 2008 at 8:58am

Dont fret bro!!! Alhamdulilah You have the drive, keep this up and you will do wonders (inshallah).

I see you have decided on Uni of Madinah . . . well, may Allah bless your venture, and it gives u benefit both in this duniyah (world) and akhirah (hereafter)

Btw, I applied for this online Arabic course. . . it starts in January. I am trying it for the first time, so I do not know how it will turn out, but I shall post the link later for you, or for anyone else interested. Learning Arabic is this huge wish of mine, on my 'to do before I die' list . . . .

-------------
"O Lord, forgive me, my parents and Muslims in the Hereafter. O Lord, show mercy on them as they showed mercy to me when I was young."

Date Posted: 16 December 2008 at 12:49pm
Alhamdulilah!  inshallah do send the link please sister.

Date Posted: 17 December 2008 at 10:40pm
http://www.ArabicInEnglish.com - www.ArabicInEnglish.com

Thats the link. . .  top right corner, u will see 'Register Today', click on it and sign up.

:)

-------------

Date Posted: 18 December 2008 at 2:10pm
Mashallah I have signed up akht..Inshallah this will help us both. AS for me i can only read with the vowels and understand simple conversation words.  I am a real beginner.

Posted By: Tariq abu
Date Posted: 27 August 2009 at 2:33pm
my hobbies include learning

im very active with information

very active indeed

Posted By: Nur_Ilahi
Date Posted: 28 August 2009 at 8:25pm
As a wife and a working mom, I have very little time for hobbies. But however busy I am, I will try my best to spend one or two hours a day at the internet.

Taking part actively in internet forums, reading and updating myself on the general news and of course visiting favourite websites of Islamic knowledge.

Another one is spending time at Facebook. I have nearly 100 connected relatives alone. As one of the eldest, I would always try to give supporting comments and motherly advice to the young ones if their comments happen to be kind of problematic.

This aspect of Facebook, uniting families and friends all over, is very positive.

Salam.

-------------
Ilahi Anta Maksudi, Wa Redhaka Mathlubi - Oh Allah, You are my destination, Your Pleasure is my Intention.

Posted By: Hayfa
Date Posted: 29 August 2009 at 1:31am
Aslaaam Alaikum,

Thanks to Allah for making this all possible.

Nur: I thought you might saying being a wife is a 'hobby' lol.. just teasing..

Well I do martial arts.. but it also doubles as my job so is a 'hobby?' But I've been studying it for 17 years and do it in addition to my job responsibilities.

I dabble in different things.. we could debate hobby or past-time... My goal is to learn a bit of Arabic.. one step at a time..

I go to the gym, often most days when it is not Ramadan. I like to read, watch a few shows..

Try to read a little Quran everyday.. even if it a little.. is that a 'hobby' or part of the day?

I like sports.. playing or watching.  Clearly I like the internet...lol

-------------
When you do things from your soul, you feel a river moving in you, a joy. Rumi

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2019 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net