Forum Description: It is devoted for Science & Technology
URL: https://www.islamicity.org/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=13639
Printed Date: 26 April 2024 at 5:55pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Muslims and drugs
Posted By: Tariq abu
Subject: Muslims and drugs
Date Posted: 03 December 2008 at 10:03am
Why are muslims sacrificing the good pure things that allah has created for cheap chemical substances that modern people value...

SOme people governers are banning certain foods for being deadly to health killing people daily..
why havent muslims understood the true nature of these sustances they cinsume daily..they have seemed to forget the sunnah which was better for them for some modern dream that does not exist..
if you know what i am talking about then comment but i will go into detail a little later on specifically what is metnioned drugs chemicals and desctuctive substances that are making our people fat lazy and killing them quickly and disquestingly.

Replies:
Posted By: nothing
Date Posted: 03 December 2008 at 1:46pm

Do you have a specific place in mind or is it general muslim population? I don't think drug use in muslim society as chronic like others. But yes it is increasing.

If you can make an example of certain place maybe we can comment on it.

Posted By: mariacanadiana
Date Posted: 12 December 2008 at 6:35am
I thinkit is getting pretty bad, i know of a lot of young muslims in canada who will smoke weed.

something needs to be done

Posted By: Hyposonic
Date Posted: 22 December 2008 at 10:48pm
Nothing said:

"I don't think drug use in muslim society as chronic like others."

LOL

-------------
"Dissent is the highest form of patriotism"

Date Posted: 26 December 2008 at 10:58pm
The use of drugs has been expanded also to modern drug uses that include conventional methods.....the use of artifical drugs legal and illegal has indicated the effects of health states not only ones that befog the mind but also those that befog the body as well...its a wonder how muslims do not come out and speak on these issues indeed...

Posted By: Gulliver
Date Posted: 28 March 2009 at 10:38am

Now this is a subject well worth looking at - for Muslim, Christian,  Jew and any others. Drugs of choice and their misuse. Teaching youngsters about the dangers of drug mis use. And understanding that religion itself can be a drug that is abused.

Religious suffering is, at one and the same time, the expression of real suffering and a protest against real suffering. Religion is the sigh of the oppressed creature, the heart of a heartless world, and the soul of soulless conditions. It is the opium of the people. The abolition of religion as the illusory happiness of the people is the demand for their real happiness

How do you give children a sense of the deeply spiritual that affirms their dignity, humanity and sense of self made by God.

The way adults 'teach' children about religion often damages them at a core spiritual level, and to degrees they will turn to drugs of varying kinds later in life. This is what needs looking at before anything else. In my opinion. Blame religion, not society in the first instance.

Date Posted: 28 March 2009 at 10:42am

There was a man here in beginning, from Canada I think. I can't remember his username. A psychiatrist I think. He made some interesting comments at times on ways people are damaged by early religious experience, to the degree they are turned from it completely and look to other things. They don't use the term 'bible bashing' for nothing. Same might be said of Qu'ran with Muslims. I don't know. That despite the order for their to be no compulsion in religion - it is the very compulsive way in which faith/religion is passed on that is a kind of 'bash'ing - spiritual abuse. It does more harm than good.

Date Posted: 28 March 2009 at 10:52am

Take them into hospitals and show them the destruction and death caused by deliberately poisoning the body, to self and others.

When I was 20 I took my first cigarette. Why in God's name I ever put the filthy thing in my mouth at that age I do not know. But I did, and that got me onto them for a few years. It was when I began working in a hospital and seeing people gasping for air, dying of all kinds of diseases, that I realised, "I have to stop this now."  I was actually going through an atheistic/agnostic phase then too. So thinking of God was not any kind of factor in the decision at that time. I had a gorgeous big alsation dog then. I was coming home one day and he ran down the street, jumped up on me, knocked me clean off my feet and I fell down a flight of concrete steps.  He was the size of a small elephant, so when he jumped on you you were easily knocked down. Lucky I did not break my neck. I did break my arm badly though and that was when I stopped the cigs. I detest them now. It's true - ex smokers are the most critical of smoking. That was 20 years ago.

I have a sixteen year old nephew and the kids here too are not getting heavily into smoking marijuana. Then there is alcohol and all the rest. It's hellish. How to tackle these things is a huge issue and one all should be working on.

Posted By: Akhe Abdullah
Date Posted: 08 April 2009 at 8:21am
Originally posted by Gulliver Gulliver wrote:

In my opinion. Blame religion, not society in the first instance.
Salams Gulliver.Only the ones who have little or no faith would believe such a thing ,I know that you have your hang ups about religions but,If you would realize that this is a man made society in which we live, and its God-less,the reason why people need religion(way of life) and the right religion. Yes their are people who may not follow there religion the right way,hence its not religions fault it's man.We are the society. May Allah strengthen our iman.

Date Posted: 08 April 2009 at 8:49am
Salam Akhe,

Religion is not blameless, and only someone with little or no faith would believe otherwise. There may be a 'pure' religion. But I wonder how many human beings are capable of living it in a 'pure' way. Very few, if any, I'd imagine. My 'hangups' ;-) are not really with 'religion' - but how it is practiced by certain people who imagine themselves holier than thou, as if they have some God given 'right' to impose their beliefs and way of life on others, only ones possessing truth. "There is no compulsion in religion".  A nice senitment - but not the reality for many people in this world. I think 'religion' should  be passed on by example. If example does not inspire another to wishing to learn more - then the one giving the example is not living the 'pure' religion.

I don't mean 'religion' itself is a bad thing. But forcing religious beliefs on others can be. And it is done all the time, in all religions and societies. It is spiritual abuse.

I don't beleive it is true or accurate either, to suggest that only people who have 'faith' or 'believe in God' can live 'good' lives Ahke.

I should have said, 'blame the bad practice of religion' :-)

I am really thinking about how badly religion was practiced, taught here in the 'west' for a long time. To the degree people are left spiritually impoverished, abandon 'religion' - and 'God' - equating the bad practice of religion with God, and may indeed turn to other things to fill the void. That's what's wrong with the young people, has been in Chritianity, and is happening too in Islam, whether you can see it or not, admit it or not Ahke. I am not looking to criticise here - but to try and tell you something very important. Don't blame God cause the 'adults' fail to give the children a real and lasting sense of the spiritual in life. Cause that is a big part of the problem.

May Allah indeed strengthen our faith.

God bless :)

You're a good man. I can see that now ;-)

Posted By: Pati
Date Posted: 12 April 2009 at 1:12am
In Spain, we have a hard problem with the drugs coming from Morocco (and also Latin America, please, if any Moroccan there, don't take it as personnel).

I am living in Madrid, in a neighbourhood full of Moroccan (we have even a Mosque), and there are some streets where I cannot go due to those Moroccan guys, because they are always drinking beer and smoking marijuana in the middle of the street, and every time a non-Muslim girl is coming, they say dirty things and look in bad way, so I avoid crossing that streets.

Also, you will never see them with Spanish people, just all them together, so we cannot say that this is due to our Occidental society. And the worst thing of all is that you will see all of them going to the Mosque every Friday, and after leaving, they come back to the beers and drugs.

Really, I think they are lost in a country which they don't understand. They have an education at home, but what they see outside or on the TV is absolutely different, so they are lost in the middle.

Obviously, not all of them, sure!! I found very good Muslims who are away of all that, and the understand me when I complain!!

Date Posted: 27 August 2009 at 2:30pm
remember drugs are not jus inoxicating

muslims use drugs for even medications nowadays

micheal jackson died from drugs so we can see prescription drugs are a problem as well as illegal drugs

Posted By: Akhe Abdullah
Date Posted: 02 September 2009 at 12:32pm
Salams Tariq Abu,It's been a while.Ramadan Mubarak.We have to be very carefull.of overdoses and addictions.The good of the medications have to out weigh the bad just as in alcohol a little is said to be good for the heart but how many times does this get out of hand and a person becomes drunk?

Posted By: Gibbs
Date Posted: 08 September 2009 at 2:58pm
The problem of drugs is not their use but the abuse of them. Unless your body is allergic, the only way to seriously be affected by drugs if the overuse of drugs hence, the word "chronic" (no pun intended).

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2019 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net