Print Page | Close Window

Hey everyone from Florida

Printed From: IslamiCity.org
Category: General
Forum Name: Introduction: Who am I?
Forum Description: Introduce yourself here.
URL: https://www.islamicity.org/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=1346
Printed Date: 03 June 2024 at 4:29am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Hey everyone from Florida
Posted By: MindyRahman
Subject: Hey everyone from Florida
Date Posted: 01 July 2005 at 11:51am

Hi everyone! I'd like to introduce myself. My name is Mindy..I am 24..and recently just got married. My husband is Muslim, I am Christian. Although, I have been going to mosque with him, and he is teaching me a great deal about Islam. I found this forum over the internet and thought I would look more into it. I'd love to be able to learn more about Islam. It seems like a wonderful religion and I have yet to meet any Islamic person that has been rude to me or turned me away. May Allah bless you all.

Mrs. Rahman

Replies:
Posted By: givara
Date Posted: 01 July 2005 at 1:26pm
GOOD BLESS UR HUSBAND FOR HELPING U TO UNDERSTAND ISLAM
IF U NEEDED ANY THING U MAY CONTACT ME AT MY EMAIL ON YAHOO   [email protected] IAM FROM EGYPT
AND I HOPE GOOD ACCEPT UR EFFORTS AND MAKE THE WAY CLEAR FOR U
AYMAN

Posted By: icforumadmin
Date Posted: 01 July 2005 at 3:06pm

Assalamu laikum,

Just reminder:
4. Use of upper case and bold/large (font) is not permissible for the whole of the message body, however it may be used to add emphasis to words or phrases contained within your message.

For more info click this:
Discussion Guidelines

-------------
Best Regards & Peace,

Admin

Posted By: AhmadJoyia
Date Posted: 04 July 2005 at 8:22am

My Dear Sis MindyRahman
 I well come you to this forum and hope you shall enjoy candid discussion on this forum as long as you stay on it.

Posted By: Suleyman
Date Posted: 04 July 2005 at 10:29pm

:))))....Brother Ahmad have u realized that u all start with ur words with My Dear...

I can't imagine u in an grocery....Brother Ahmad:My dear grocery,i came here to buy potatoes;will u argue with me or shall i kill u?

Date Posted: 05 July 2005 at 6:00am

Salam everyone! Thank you so much for the replies. May Allah bless you all. I am reading the forum daily...and it very well helps me learn a lot about Islam. Thanks again for making me feel welcome..

Mrs. Rahman

Posted By: Khadija1021
Date Posted: 05 July 2005 at 6:05am

Assalamu Alaikum,

Mindy, welcome on board the IslamCity forum.  I'm sure Brother Suleyman was simply joking around with Brother Ahmad...right Brother Suleyman?  Because we are here to welcome Mindy and not to scare her off before she even gets started...right?

PAZ

-------------
Say: 'My prayer and my rites, my living and my dying, are for Allah alone, the Lord of all the worlds. (Qur'an, 6:162)

Posted By: Ali Zaki
Date Posted: 05 July 2005 at 6:19am

Dear MindyRahman,

I am glad to hear that you are interested in learning about Islam.

NOTE- This forum is primarly designed for discussion. There is certainly educational value in it, however, you may (at this stage) benefit more by learning the basics of Islam. I'm sure others will give their recommendations, but here are mine for good, basic information about Islam.

There are two main schools of thought within Islam (Sunni and Shia). This information is from the Shia (to which I belong) viewpoint. There is little difference between the two schools in the basics, it is more a matter of emphasis and presentation at this level.

INTRODUCTION TO MUSLIM BELIEFS AND PRACTICES by a respected Muslim Scholar.

http://al-islam.org/invitation/ - http://al-islam.org/invitation/

The Prophet and Prophetic Tradition

http://al-islam.org/al-serat/default.asp?url=prophet.htm - http://al-islam.org/al-serat/default.asp?url=prophet.htm

A Good (and fairly deep) examination of the purpose behind the Islamic rites by the greatest scholar of his age (Shaheed Muhammad Baqir al-Sadr)

http://al-islam.org/short/rites.htm - http://al-islam.org/short/rites.htm

-------------
"The structure of faith is supported by four pillars endurance, conviction, justice and jihad."

Imam Ali (a.s.)

Date Posted: 05 July 2005 at 6:51am

Assalamu Alaikum,

Shokran Imam Ali (a.s.). I have been looking through the site and learning quite a bit. I also checked out your links and they are very helpful.

Salam Paz,

They haven't scared me off yet. :) Very nice people...jokes can make things enjoyable!

Allah's Blessings to everyone,

Mindy

Date Posted: 05 July 2005 at 7:02am
Originally posted by Suleyman Suleyman wrote:

:))))....Brother Ahmad have u realized that u all start with ur words with My Dear...

I can't imagine u in an grocery....Brother Ahmad:My dear grocery,i came here to buy potatoes;will u argue with me or shall i kill u?

{edited}Bro Suleyman, thanks for your correction of my habit. I didn't realize that I have scumb to a particular style. Hopefully, I may improve myself though I really never intended to hurt "your" feelings!! Anyhow, thanks goodness this habit of mine was not exclusive to a particular gender only other wise some seniors on this forum would have killed me by now.

Date Posted: 05 July 2005 at 7:11am
Originally posted by MindyRahman MindyRahman wrote:

Assalamu Alaikum,

Shokran Imam Ali (a.s.). I have been looking through the site and learning quite a bit. I also checked out your links and they are very helpful.

Sis MindyRahman, there is no better school than making one's own thoughts through critical analysis and logical observation. You may go to anywhere to any school of thought (as what many would say), but I would alway say, never loose control of your own wisdom and logic to understand them. There is very little to base upon faith in Islam and much more wider requirements are emphasised on applying one's own understanding through logic only.

Posted By: Tasneem
Date Posted: 07 July 2005 at 3:16am

Sr MindyRahman welcome!

Hope you will give us the opportunity of answering your questions on Islam. I'm glad you have met many good Muslims, and may you continue to always meet good Muslims.

Br AhmadJoyia

Could you please clarify/expand upon your statement " There is very little to base upon faith in Islam and much more wider requirements are emphasised on applying one's own understanding through logic only."

Br Suleyman

What would we do without you on this forum! Thankyou for all the laughs I've had from your statements. Can you please tell me what the "Islamicity Investigative Unit" is?

Date Posted: 07 July 2005 at 1:59pm

This statement refers to the concept of authentication of physical and spiritual knowledge in Islam. That is to say, when I say I believed in Prophet Mohammad, then that is my faith on his prophethood as I can't prove it. Hence, all his subsequent messages (i.e. the contents of Quran and Sunnah) are through this single beleif. On the other hand, who was Mohammad, what did he allow us and what did he restricted us from, all is known to us through everything beyond faith. I hope this make sense.

Posted By: ummsaleh
Date Posted: 09 July 2005 at 10:46am

Dear sister,

I'm also an American married to a Muslim. I converted to Islam 15 years ago and moved over seas and Humdillah.

Date Posted: 10 July 2005 at 12:51am
Originally posted by Tasneem Tasneem wrote:

Br Suleyman

What would we do without you on this forum! Thank you for all the laughs I've had from your statements. Can you please tell me what the "Islamicity Investigative Unit" is?

Ok Tasneem,it is forbidden to telling my mission to the public but i think the time came...i have established  a unit inside islamicity for planning some hidden operations like CIA but different than,i can shortly say that i am the  CEO of my unit but the only one sad things is i am the CEO and i am the only one in the unit,i have any of an soldier,secretary or an waiter to order and command....no problem i'll keep on doing my job...

If i can summarize my mission which was hidden and now public,i can shortly say that my mission is at the below:

1-Finding the suspicious persons(men) who declares their e-mails in the threads without any of a reason;if this person makes that to a muslimah then i open a red file an keep my eyes on him...if he goes further then i wear my uniform belongs to special forces and jump into his pm asking politely what is ur aim brother?,if he can't pass the test then may Allah bless his soul...

2-Breaking the concentration of the threads if there had been caused an polarization and if evil came to abolishing the friendship in the board...for breaking concentration of the thread i wear my clown uniform making my charisma zero for the sake of the board...

3-Entering to the other boards,chat rooms(paltalk,yahoo) and transferring their users to islamicity webboard...

4-Trying to stop opening new masturbation topics...

5-Supplying so many islamic articles to the books corner for the comfort of the new users making them available for any of their needs..

6-Making the moderators angry,i left this mission because i caused Sister Nausheeen leaving the board,temporarily...i love them too much(Yusuf,Nausheen,Saif,Mockba,Rami)...

7-Realizing any of a disturbing person in the board then trying to make him comfortable for the board with entering to his pm,politely...

8-Trying to giving moral to the sad sisters,i can't resist that...i saw from my mother and sister i can't give permission who causes this...

More and more...

Posted By: ummziba
Date Posted: 10 July 2005 at 3:03am

Assalamu alaikum Brother Suleyman,

Thank you for starting my day with a big smile !!!!!!!!

May Allah reward your efforts in IC.

Peace, ummziba.

-------------
Sticks and stones may break my bones, but your words...they break my soul ~

Date Posted: 10 July 2005 at 3:06am

Aleykum Selam ve Rahmetullahi ve Berakatuh Sister Ummziba,

Sister,my reward is ur smiles,i do not need any more...have a good day!...wa salaam...

Posted By: Lehua
Date Posted: 10 July 2005 at 1:00pm

Assalamu alaikum Mindy,

I am also an American that has married a muslim.  I have been married for a little over four years and like you, I am 24.  Two and half years ago I accepted Islam and have not been happier.  Insallah you will find all the information that you are looking for. 

Posted By: Tasneem
Date Posted: 10 July 2005 at 5:24pm

Assalam-alaikum!

Thankyou Br Ahmed Joyia and absolutely right. That is the beauty of Islam. Almost everything makes complete sense. There are very few instances when one might question why and not find an answer, for instance the rituals of Haj - these of course are the commands of Allah which we follow unquestioningly.

Thankyou also Br Suleyman. Keep up the good work! But don't exhaust yourself! Your duties seem to exceed even those of the moderators.

Posted By: Anisah85
Date Posted: 11 July 2005 at 8:24pm

Salaam alikum mindy inshallah you will here more from me but Im in arush my niece went to the hospital got to go but I just wanted to welcome you before I got off,

Salams Anisah

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2019 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net