Print Page | Close Window

A Revoluntionary change

Printed From: IslamiCity.org
Category: Religion - Islam
Forum Name: Stories - How I Became Muslim?
Forum Description: Stories - How I Became Muslim?
URL: https://www.islamicity.org/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=13349
Printed Date: 29 March 2024 at 12:14am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: A Revoluntionary change
Posted By: seekshidayath
Subject: A Revoluntionary change
Date Posted: 12 October 2008 at 10:06pm

With a half of my family being born in Syria, and actually living there for a few years before we left to Australia you may find it strange that no one in my family is Muslim.

One of three males, we all went away from our "Islamic" heritage. I found myself in Year 10 (2000) being bothered by religions. I had a Muslim friend and I would always tell him how silly the idea of God is.

Later that year he went to Mecca during. This was very telling!

2002 now, & after breaking up with my girlfriend at the time (Christian), I was upset & "empty". At the time I was doing a class in my final year of High School whereby I needed to do a Personal Interest Project (P.I.P). With my friend being Muslim I would have access to information.
Inevitablly Islam presented itself, as it was my P.I.P topic. I based it around if Muslims in my area felt discriminated against as a result of the 2001 attacks in the US.

I can't describe this "desire" I had to become Muslim. My father recently found the Qur-an we had from way back, & I put it in my room for no reason at all.

The "desire" grew, & I told my Muslim friend that I wanted to become Muslim. Who knows why? I just did.

Still upset over my relationship break-up, I would get up in the morning for the Fajr prayer and afterwards I would feel so light in the heart. As if something took the pain away, & it was like that every Fajr prayer! It was an amazing feeling. However the odd thing was, was that I wasn't Muslim yet, because I didn't declare my faith, because I didn't know I had to.

The amazing gets more amazing.

I took this as a sign & a few days after, I remember coming home from school Islamic books, whose purpose was for my P.I.P. I'll always remember coming straight home, sitting on my bed, reading every little information book. It then all changed ...
I told myself - "This is it! I'm about to make the change!"

I look up into the sky and asked "Is this me? Is this is what I'm suppose to be? Is this the right move?".
Like I said the amazing got more amazing. Between the big white clouds of a sunny day, I can't describe what I saw. As I asked and looked up, a white, comet like trail flew in between the large white clouds. Obviously I had no idea what it was. Still don't. It was an amazing site. It was at that time I became Muslim.

The following day as I got up in the morning I saw and heard a white bird fly by window. It was making "natural" noises. Although as I kept hearing it make sounds, I was amazed to hear what sounded like the Adhan. I quickly ran to the window and watched it fly by, making what appeared to me, to be the Adhan.

There was no more convincing to be done. I was Muslim. However something that should be noted, and I can't stress enough, is the 'out of the blue' desire for me to become Muslim. I don't where it came from, but it did. I found out soon aftewards that when my friend went to the Kaba in Mecca, back in 2000, he asked for Allah to guide me into Islam, and for me to become Muslim. When he told me this, I was shocked, as it explained a lot, in terms of me wanting to become one, and how Islam quickly presented itself to me. They say if your heart is pure and sincere, he will grant you for what you ask at the Kaba.

Here I am today. Four years of being a Muslim & still learning! My mother, brother, other brother, their two partners, are all not Muslim. My father is, but could be better. Initially it had its challenges, but it was the best move I've ever made. I can't descibe how revolutionary my change was. From teasing people like yourselves, I am now a Muslim.

I'm still shocked four years later of what to me is only - a revolutionary change.

Source :Sunni forum.com

-------------
Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: �All the descendants of Adam are sinners, and the best of sinners are those who repent."

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2019 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net