Print Page | Close Window

A former mormon needs some advice

Printed From: IslamiCity.org
Category: Religion - Islam
Forum Name: Interfaith Dialogue
Forum Description: It is for Interfaith dialogue, where Muslims discuss with non-Muslims. We encourge that dialogue takes place in a cordial atmosphere on various topics including religious tolerance.
URL: https://www.islamicity.org/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=1212
Printed Date: 27 April 2024 at 1:46am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: A former mormon needs some advice
Posted By: Jenni
Subject: A former mormon needs some advice
Date Posted: 14 June 2005 at 8:11am
Salaam all, I am a former mormon with a very strong mormon heritage and all in my extended family with the exception of my parents are very devout. My question is that my parents know I converted to Islam and are fine, they love and respect my Husband and his family alot. But my Grandmother is now living with my mom and I am going to visit them alone with the kids. She is very religous and frowns upon drinking coffee or tea and even saying God , hell or Damn. She is old and I can't imagine having a conversation about Islam with her. We just have never talked about it and I actually think in the back of her mind she is praying my husband will become a mormon. I know she wont understand and is still giving the missionaries our address and they come by our house. All my aunts, uncles and cousins are mormon. I just don't know what to do and find myself avioding my extended family rather than arguing with them. Any advice that will actually help me?

-------------
You cant be a good muslim if you are not decent and have a cold heart. Be a decent and kind person and care for women and children and the elderly.

Replies:
Posted By: ummziba
Date Posted: 14 June 2005 at 10:01am

Assalamu alaikum Jenni,

My family (all of them) hate that I am Muslim.  But Allah tells us in the Qur'an that it is a great sin to break the ties of kinship.  We must be kind, especially to our parents.  The only thing we cannot do is obey our parents/family if it means disobeying  the laws of Allah.

What works the best for me, after years of trial and error, is to just treat them all with kindness and respect.  Keep religion out of the conversation, unless you must relate to them the reason you can or cannot do something because of religion. 

In time, your exemplary behavior (and that of your husband) will win them over to at least acceptance of your choice.  They will see that being a Muslim is a good choice for you.  Don't worry about trying to change anyone's mind about Islam through words, your actions will speak far louder.

Try hard to keep the ties of kinship with your family, but, never compromise your Islamic principles.  Smile, be kind and just bite your tongue.  Allah will reward you for being kind to your family and your family will see that being a Muslim means being a good person.

They (your family) may eventually want to talk about what you believe and why you do certain things (or don't do them), but don't force the conversation in that direction if they are not ready for it yet.

As for grandmother - she is old and set in her ways, but, being religious, she may also understand (to a point) that you have chosen to be very religious too.  If she wants to talk to you about your choice, it might help to point out to her similarities between what she believes and what you believe.  Knowing that you love and serve God, as she understands God to be, might help a lot.

Don't force any issues with her and neither be afraid of what she might do or say, she cannot hurt you or your deen!  Let her know how much you still love her, especially by your actions.

You also must let yourself understand that your family may never like that you are Muslim and will always try to "change you back".  Don't let this deter you from the straight path.  Pray to Allah sincerely for guidance and patience.  Hope this helps.

Peace, ummziba.

-------------
Sticks and stones may break my bones, but your words...they break my soul ~

Posted By: herjihad
Date Posted: 14 June 2005 at 5:07pm

Bismillah,

Jenni,

I grew up Mormon also.  For your grandmother, does she realize that there is secret knowledge that increases as a man increases levels in the preisthood?

Did you know that Mormons believe that their God lives on a planet and procreates with goddesses making spirit children to fill up new planets?  That when Mormons die they expect to have their own planets to be gods over?

If you have never heard this information, it is not surprising.  It is hidden information that would embarrass most decent Mormons who don't have a clue!

If your grandmother doesn't know this, she might not appreciate being told, but she might convert to a religion that makes much more sense: Islaam.

Be careful of your children.  You know Mormons are missionaries.  They might not have qualms over tricking your kids into becoming Mormons.  They tricked my daughter, and she is now Muslimah again, Al-Hamdulilah, but it was a very painful time. 

Don't you love how non-Muslims say we should let our children choose as we had the choice, but they really want to influence our children themselves?

Allah, SWT, be with you.

-------------
Al-Hamdulillah (From a Married Muslimah) La Howla Wa La Quwata Illa BiLLah - There is no Effort or Power except with Allah's Will.

Date Posted: 14 June 2005 at 8:10pm
You are right Herihihad. The mormons make me kind of nervous and now our neighbor right next door is one. The bishops have called me every time we move and are really nice but I know what thier intention is. I don't really know what to do to give them the message. Do I need to write someone a letter so they will leave me alone? Anyway, I know about all the weird stuff they belive in, that is why Islam seemed logical to me and I converted. Not because of my husband which is what they think. The thing is I can't be rude because the mormons did alot for me and my family growing up and they are nice people, I hope my grandmother doesn't confront me but if she does I will try my best to handle it. Thanks

-------------
You cant be a good muslim if you are not decent and have a cold heart. Be a decent and kind person and care for women and children and the elderly.

Date Posted: 14 June 2005 at 8:12pm
Thanks to ummziba too!!

-------------

Posted By: AhmadJoyia
Date Posted: 15 June 2005 at 12:47pm

My dear Sisters Jenni, Herjihad and Ummziba,

Your stories of conversion are really inspiring for a person like me. I really admire of people like you who have found the real meaning of religion in their lives simply because they chose their own faith, whatever you thought it to be fit for you. Whenever, I read about the very first converts in the history of Islam, and the way they were maltreated by their own family members, just because of their faith, I feel tremendous amount of encouragement in myself. The same way, when I come across, the problems and issues like you have them because of your faith in Allah, I must be more thankfull to Allah that he has not put me in this test atleast; though its you, you all my sisters, who will be more rewarded in the life hereafter, than people like me. Keep up your spirits, may Allah have mercy on you all. Amin.

Posted By: ummziba
Date Posted: 15 June 2005 at 1:26pm

Assalamu alaikum Brother Ahmad,

Thank you for the encouragement!  I might say though, don't sell yourself short - Allah will judge each and everyone of us on our own merits alone: whether we choose to follow Islam after being born into it or reverting to it!  The beginnings are not so important as the outcome, all who choose to follow Islam are equal before Allah, we are only differentiated by our piety (which only Allah can judge).

And, born Muslim or revert, we all have our trials to bear.

Peace, ummziba.

-------------
Sticks and stones may break my bones, but your words...they break my soul ~

Posted By: Community
Date Posted: 15 June 2005 at 2:15pm
Why do'nt you ask them this the next time the missionaries come to you, tell them something like this:"i am sure you and i know that there is a creator...let me finish please...there is a creator because the creation we see hear smell and feel can not exist without a maker, same thing when you do not make a chair there would not be a chair, so the truth of a creator is self evident, The truth is self evident. He created us, and everything else, He made for us food, water and everything to use to a set time and then we will be brought back to Him since this all can not be just for play, so we will be judged for our choices, the bad and good. He gives us food and clothing and things to use to make it easy for ourselves so we should thank Him, this is part of worship because only the ungrateful do not worship Him(kufr in arabic also means ungratefulness). Then we see in history that there were people who invited people to worship The Creator, The One and only god because some of us forgot and needed a reminder of Him, He is The Merciful, but He tells us that the ungrateful, the disbelievers will be put in hell. Now truths are self evident, like a creation can not exist without a creator, but if you say Jesus died on a cross for our sins is that self evident? and what about your feelings? there is no self invidence in those feelings for me, then i say to you, you are a human who can lie and be deceived. Is it the truth because your book says so? surely that book was written by men and again men have the ability to lie deceive and be wrong. what? God made them write it down? and you say so? what is wrong with you? can't you understand i fear The One whom i will be brought back to who IS The Truth, how would i be then if i accepted a lie as a truth? See if i accepted your words as truth i know you would be pleased with me now, you would be pleased with me following you, but the truth is only Him being pleased is important to me, you will avail me nothing in the hereafter no matter how pleased or displeased you are, His is the judgement on that day in truth and Him being pleased is a true believers goal. So i wish to please my Lord, and i guess you wish to please your lord. If your lord is The Truth then i tell you truths lead to Him, so seek the truth and leave doubts. (You could read to him the verse from the bible psalm 118 verse 8 i believe:it is better to seek refuge in The Lord then to trust in men") i hope this makes some sense to you, i wish i had better words at my disposal, but this might do for now.

Date Posted: 01 July 2005 at 3:12pm
I recently talked to some mormon missionaries, i asked them concerning the claim made by Herjihad about God being on a planet, they said that they believe there is a planet that is nearest to God in respect of His will. This means they believe the inhabitants of that planet are nearer to God because they are more submitted to His will then the people on this planet. It reminds me of the bible verses that says "Thy kingdom come Thy will be done, on earth as is in heaven". In heaven they are submitted to His will, like the angels for instance, on earth there are degrees of submission to His will, there are those who start and submit to His will by implementing the commands of the koran, leaving what He dislikes and doing what He likes, working to gain the peace with Him, and in submission to His will there are grades. The koran tells us that His (saleheen)fit slaves/righteous slaves will inherrit the earth. So only, those who worked to gain His peace by submission to His will, will remain, and those who do not lead their ownselves to ruin, because He it is who is The Inheritter(Al Warith) just literally watch and see, be a witness for Allah and be thankful to Him, only the disbelievers are ungrateful. Allah, to Him belongs ALL power, Al Azeez, The Powerful, Al Hakeem, The Wise.

Posted By: herjihad
Date Posted: 02 July 2005 at 6:56am

Bimsillah,

The thing to remember, Community, is that knowledge is hidden in the Mormon faith.  When the men go through the different levels of priesthood, they are given access to more of the secrets that the Mormon's have.  Women are given some as they go through various rites in the temple, but they are kept much more in the dar,

-------------
Al-Hamdulillah (From a Married Muslimah) La Howla Wa La Quwata Illa BiLLah - There is no Effort or Power except with Allah's Will.

Date Posted: 02 July 2005 at 10:04am

This missionary said that everything they say should be examined by the individual if it is true or not, he held truthfulness as being very important, that one should ask God for guidance and to reveal to him what the truth of a matter is, If it is truely as you say that mormons keep things secret on purpose then i would think that it is wrong to keep knowledge hidden, but if it means that there are secrets which are unraveled as one grows in faith then i think this is a truth, because God has secrets that some of His slaves are made to know and some who are not.

Date Posted: 02 July 2005 at 10:31am

Originally posted by Community Community wrote:

I recently talked to some mormon missionaries, i asked them concerning the claim made by Herjihad about God being on a planet, they said that they believe there is a planet that is nearest to God in respect of His will. This means they believe the inhabitants of that planet are nearer to God because they are more submitted to His will then the people on this planet. It reminds me of the bible verses that says..........

My dear  bro community,

What do you think who these inhabitants of other planets are? Are they angels or Jinns or what? As a Muslim, I don't think heavens implies another planet. What do you say?

Date Posted: 02 July 2005 at 10:37am

............., but if it means that there are secrets which are unraveled as one grows in faith then i think this is a truth, because God has secrets that some of His slaves are made to know and some who are not.

My Dear Bro Community,

The importaI don't think your analogy is correct as important point in here is as who reveals the secret in case of these missionaries of mormons? God or the Chief priest? 

Posted By: Israfil
Date Posted: 02 July 2005 at 11:09am
This type of belief is not really bizarre and shouldn't be news to anyone becuase in some gnostic scriptures it is said that God, the Lord of this planet is a small "child" and that the greater beings are his parents whom are considered light of all lights and that this planet (or uiverse)  was caused through the childishness of God. Quite bizarre dont you think?

Date Posted: 02 July 2005 at 4:23pm
Originally posted by AhmadJoyia AhmadJoyia wrote:

I recently talked to some mormon missionaries, i asked them concerning the claim made by Herjihad about God being on a planet, they said that they believe there is a planet that is nearest to God in respect of His will. This means they believe the inhabitants of that planet are nearer to God because they are more submitted to His will then the people on this planet. It reminds me of the bible verses that says..........

My dear  bro community,

What do you think who these inhabitants of other planets are? Are they angels or Jinns or what? As a Muslim, I don't think heavens implies another planet. What do you say?

Pleas take time to read all of this, I do not claim their belief in this planet is true or not as of yet, Allah has all the knowledge, some of it is evident and some of it is hidden, but i do not exclude the possibility of another planet with living beings to exist, if we look at the koran we find a verse that speaks about living creatures or atleast a living being out there, in chapter al shura, the constultation we find this verse 42:29 And among His signs is the creation of the heavens and the earth, and the living creatures that He has scattered through them: and He has power to gather them together when He wishes. 

What has captured my attention a while ago is the refference in the koran to the star Sirius which is the brightest star seen from earth(light), and it's connection to the destruction of Aad and other peoples, we find this in chapter Annajm, The Star 53:48 And That it is He Who gave wealth and satisfied(the people); 53:49 And That He is the Lord of Sirius (the Mighty Star); 53:50 And that it is He Who destroyed the (powerful) ancient 'Ad (people),53:51 And the Thamud so they did not remain.  

Where the interperters of the koran got the refference "the mighty star" from and why they put it between brackets i do not know, but in arabic Sirius is al shi'ra, al shu'ara means those who feel, the poets since sha'ara means to feel or sence, and maybe also something that has to do with it is the word sha'r which means hair in arabic. You can see this star if you live in the the United States on the western horizon. If you look to the west when the sun is setting, the first star you see is Sirius, the dog star as it is called in the west.

As for the people of Aad they were destroyed by a furious wind, and as for Thamud they were destroyed by a blast(?), literally a loud scream or sound!.

chapter the journey by night al israa 17:16 When We decide to destroy a population, We (first) send a definite order to those among them who are given the good things of this life and yet transgress; so that the word is proved true against them: then (it is) We destroy them utterly.

I just recently saw a documentary about UFO's and since i never seen one,i think it is more of a hoax then real.This documentary claimed the UFO idea was actually nourished by the US Airforce during the cold war, as to cover up for their experiments with the U2 spy plane, they did not want the Soviets to know about it so they put articles in magazines and news papers about UFO sightings. It became a hysteria which was not the intent of the US airforce. Then i heard the name Dropa, this is supposedly a place in China where they claimed they found remains of aliens and strange disks with holes in the middle, they have no evidence for this. Some say the government is covering it up and actually sent the remains and disks to Russia. In the news papers there were reports of a tribe living there, the Dropa people who were oddly short, some of them not taller then 1 meter or 3 feet, the government blamed this phenominon as the cause of polluted drinking water. There is much pollution in China so it would not surprise me, but what does suprise me is the name of this place in China "Dropa", Drop is english it means to "comedown"basically, some claim aliens mixed with the dropa people and that is why they were so short, i do not know if this is true but i hope you understand me when i atleast find the name Dropa an interesting name, and then the "Dogon" spelled backwards "nogod" this tribe claims to have had contact with beings from another planet, a planet near the star Sirius. They have a star map of Sirius and planets close to it which can not be seen by the naked eye, some claim they have been contacted by Europeans who told themwhat they knew about Sirius and that they mixed this into their culture, but nevertheless The "Dogon" tribe exists atleast before islam was introduced in Mali, they did not become muslim but kept to their ways, so this is atleast what, 300 years? So for more then 300 years the name "Dogon" exists and the name Dropa exists probebly even longer. Some people nowadays write books about Aliens being gods, so could it be that the name Dogon(nogod) is their way to make clear they are not? and Dropa a refference that they actually did "come down" (drop) in that specific place? strange refference to english which is now the world language do'nt you think?

I think UFO's are partially a hoax, made by people who profit from people being misguided, the misguidance is that these people are tricked into believing there are UFO's and aliens because they do not want to face the reality on earth as it is because they have come to see it as a hopeless situation, and so they look to the sky, and are quick to believe UFO's and aliens exist when they are told stories. Those who made up the hoax probebly laugh at them secretly,then i remember these verses and others like it and connect it to these who try to deceive people speaking of encirclement with that which they used to mock at.

11:8 If We delay the penalty for them for a definite term, they are sure to say, "What keeps it back?" Ah! On the day it (actually) reaches them, nothing will turn it away from them, and they will be completely encircled by that which they used to mock at! Chapter Hud.

or...

39:48 For the evils of their Deeds will confront them, and they will be (completely) encircled by that which they used to mock at!

26:6 They have indeed rejected so they will know soon (enough) the truth of what they mocked at!

Allah connects the star Sirius "Al Shi'raa" to wealth and satisfaction, and to destruction of Aad and thamud, Lets agree on this, that He did this in wisdom...

Date Posted: 03 July 2005 at 5:18am
Again, my dear bro Community, kindly see what my question is referring to. I have not argued about the possibiltiy of life on another planet as it is totally a different topic. Therefore not to go out of the topic, I shall repeat your comments here "This means they believe the inhabitants of that planet are nearer to God because they are more submitted to His will then the people on this planet. It reminds me of the bible verses that says.........." It is not what the missionaries might have believed but what you are inferring from their statements especially once you also try to expand and correlate it with something from the bible as well.  I think there is a big difference between the two. With this statement, it appears that you were trying to expand their faith with your own concepts and it is here where I asked you a simple question. "how come heaven implies another planet?" With this implication, I think, one is restricting all other possiblities. Isn't it? On the more, it is one thing to go and do physical search for such possiblities in the universe through Quranic references but it is totally a different thing to make it a part of a belief. Simply because such beliefs based on extrapolational explanations from Quran are from no where except from one's own intellect. Hence, till the time they don't prove themselves from the evidential science, they are meaningless.

Date Posted: 04 July 2005 at 3:09am

I understand your point that they need evidence for their claim. I asked that missionary "how do you mean nearest to God? do you mean in doing His will?" and he replied "yes" and maybe they actually do use that bible verse as a refference to their claim of that planet that is nearest to God, but their claim reminded me of that verse, and i started a new topic about it after i wrote this post you are asking me about. If you want to read it, it is called "The will of God in the bible and in islam" it is in this forum we are on now. But to go deeper into your questions, ""how come heaven implies another planet?" With this implication, I think, one is restricting all other possiblities. Isn't it?" with this implication one restricts all other possibilities, true, but this is not my implication, and I do not know if it is the mormon implication, maybe i will have the chance to ask them in the future.

" it is one thing to go and do physical search for such possiblities in the universe through Quranic references but it is totally a different thing to make it a part of a belief." Well thats the thing with beliefs, one can believe his grand father had 9 toes, it does not mean it is actually true. The word belief in it self i think is not the right word when we talk about confirmed truths, but i understand what you are trying to say. most "believe" but they do not have certainty, because they can not confirm most of their claims with as you call it "evidential science".

"Simply because such beliefs based on extrapolational explanations from Quran are from no where except from one's own intellect. Hence, till the time they don't prove themselves from the evidential science, they are meaningless." Evidential science, implies something happening in the physical world and being observed, could this mean that if someone warns against something that is not present in the physical world yet, could this be disregarded as being meaningless? untill it actually happens?

Date Posted: 04 July 2005 at 6:50am

"..........could this mean that if someone warns against something that is not present in the physical world yet, could this be disregarded as being meaningless? untill it actually happens? "

First of all, I don't think, the presence of some form of life on another planet, comes in the category of warning to people on earth. Hence, it is again, a little of the topic.

Secondly, specifically, true that fore warn may not be evidential if it is of spiritual nature, but for that, one don't have to do extrapolations from Quran since we have been clearly shown in it that we must avoid evil and practice good. No need to go for hidden meanings of it. However, if the warning is of physical nature, like sunami, earth quake or tornado etc, then science is the only way through which this warning can be understood. Isn't it?

Date Posted: 04 July 2005 at 11:03am
[QUOTE=AhmadJoyia]

"..........could this mean that if someone warns against something that is not present in the physical world yet, could this be disregarded as being meaningless? untill it actually happens? "

First of all, I don't think, the presence of some form of life on another planet, comes in the category of warning to people on earth. Hence, it is again, a little of the topic. I know it is off topic, and i know you are a bit impatient with me now, maybe because of something i wrote in the past which was not right and maybe what i wrote even offended you, i still wish to tell you and maybe even remind you that i do ask His forgiveness and wish for His mercy, and i ask you, whatever i wrote which might have offended you or was wrong, overlook it, may Allah overlook your shortcommings, and i do not just say this because it is a good way to make someone listen but rather because i wish for you the same as i wish for my ownself, and that is Allah's total forgiveness and Mercy. Dear brother, how about these verses in the koran though,  53:48 And That it is He Who gave wealth and satisfied(the people); 53:49 And That He is the Lord of Sirius (the Mighty Star); 53:50 And that it is He Who destroyed the (powerful) ancient 'Ad (people),53:51 And the Thamud so they did not remain. Brother, Allah here connects wealth and satisfaction and the destruction of people to Him being the Cherisher, Lord (rabb) of the star Sirius. And we both have to agree that Allah does everything with wisdom and for a certain purpose, how Sirius is connected to wealth and satisfaction and the destruction of peoples i do not know, i have an idea about it and i wrote it in the long post above where i asked you to take time to read it, it's not a BIG DEAL if you do not read it, because now this comes to my mind, Allah tells us in the koran, that they did not kill Jesus, and that He took Jesus up to Himself, so Jesus did not die, it means he still has his physical body, because when someone dies he is taken out of his physical body, ah maybe this is why you were getting impatient with this topic about another physical planet, it would give the possibilty of Jesus being on a physical planet in a physical body...i see why you are asking me about it now, a planet which is nearest to God in respect of His will, i guess it is not important for us to know if he is on a planet somewhere or not, but to some it raises the question is this claim true or not? Allah says in the koran that He is the Inherittor, and that His "fit" righteous slaves will inherit the earth, if we look at what the believers said when they conquered Mecca "all praise to Him who defeated the confideracy by Himself" while they fought against them themselves with their own hands, from this we can also say that Himself in the verse from the koran means Himself as where His will is done, Allah has taken Jesus up to Himself. This could mean that there is actually a planet which is nearest to God in respect of His will. If we talk about scientific fact, what scientific fact is there for the claim in the koran and bible of Jesus being taken up? See mormons believe in prophets, the only question that counts for me is do their prophets believe in all the prophets including Muhammed. In the koran it says that muhammed is khaatim annubuwa, translated as seal of prophethood. and that those who devide between Allah and His prophets, saying they believe in one and reject the other, are the real kuffar(disbelievers), the prophets all came with the truth, so what made these people deny one and accept the other? could they accept the truth but then deny it when it comes with someone else? or were they turned away from the truth already but accepted one over the other because of some other reason then the truth and so they could not see the truth when it came to them? so because i fear Allah, and i do not wish to be amongst these real disbelievers, i try to keep an open mind with truth as the keyword. The word khaatim, what does it really mean? since there always are and have been deceptions when it comes to the truth, what is the true meaning of the word khaatim? what were the orriginal message of the mormon faith? do we fall outside the category of mankind in respect of being tested like those who were tested before us with prophets and messengers? May Allah guide us to the truth, and may the truth be in our favor.

Given the good things of this life and yet transgress...

Date Posted: 04 July 2005 at 12:38pm

the koran does not say "the last prophet" akhira annabiyeen, but khaatima annubuwa, the "seal" of prophethood as is translated or interperted.

Date Posted: 04 July 2005 at 1:03pm

Originally posted by Israfil Israfil wrote:

This type of belief is not really bizarre and shouldn't be news to anyone becuase in some gnostic scriptures it is said that God, the Lord of this planet is a small "child" and that the greater beings are his parents whom are considered light of all lights and that this planet (or uiverse)  was caused through the childishness of God. Quite bizarre dont you think?

Yes it is bizarre, it is also countered by the koran, He begets not nor is He begotten, and that if He wished to take a way "to amuse" Himself He would have taken it from His ownself, as in He would not have created everything and us.

Date Posted: 06 July 2005 at 10:57am
The mormon claim of having prophets to me is disturbing in a way, they speak of childeren of God and Jesus being the Son of God, which is a lie, and i have not seen them confirming the Prophet Muhammed so to me they are liars, a planet out there might exist, but it is of no relevent importance to us here on earth, so it could well be true but a trick from shaitaan to deceive people.

Date Posted: 07 July 2005 at 2:09pm

My Bro Community

Can you explain this little more as to what do you expect from a self claimed prophet of another faith even if attests Prophet Mohammad?

"and i have not seen them confirming the Prophet Muhammed so to me they are liars"

Don't you think, that Prophet Mohammad is the last Prophet of Allah?

Date Posted: 12 July 2005 at 3:37pm

Muhammed is Khatim annubuwwa, my point is, we as muslims have our test too, like the jews and christians before us, do we accept the truth when it comes to us? jews denied messengers of Allah, Jesus and Muhammed amongst those rejected by them, christians denied Muhammed, so how about us muslims? surely the test with messengers either accepting them or denying them also applies to muslims, it can not be that we are just skipped over.....

Posted By: Angela
Date Posted: 13 July 2005 at 12:03am

Back to poor Jenni's question.  (As a Mormon, I find it funny a discussion of our faith always ends up about little green men because of the misinterpretation of comments about Kolob, but I'm not here for my faith, I'm here to learn about yours.)  Anyway, As for your Mormom family, I have some solid advice.  Recently I went home for Easter, in the Russian Orthodox church, that is the most important holiday.  My Aunts, bless their souls, don't understand my need to find the truth and constantly asked and cajoled me to come to church with them.  Finally, after several snippy comments about polygamy and funny underwear, I had enough.  Very respectfully, I told my family I loved them dearly and would always love them, but I respected their beliefs and they had to respect mine and simply laid down the rules.  They were not to comment about my religion or interfer in my families practices and I would not comment to them or try to convert them.  (I cannot have children, but I'm planning on adopting, so I'm safe there for now)  If your family loves you, they would rather have you with them than separate.  Tell your family to not talk to your children about religion.  I get harassed by my mother and grandmother about NOT drinking coffee and tea and from my grandfather because I didn't taste his homemade wine at Easter Dinner.  Then after sticking to my guns, my mother as a peace offering bought me some herbal tea and postum (coffee substitute), so they will come around.  Sometimes families are hard headed, just continue to make the line known, but still show them you love them.  Also, as for the Missionaries....I don't know where you live, I'm assuming Utah...if you live in Utah Valley, call the Missionary Home in Provo and ask the Mission President to make sure that Missionaries know to say away from your door.  The missionaries in your area will be advised and leave you alone.  If all else fails, my sister just hung a sign on her door to get rid of the Jehovah's Witnesses....."I gave at the Office, I already heard God's Message, and I don't want to buy anything.  Thank you and Have a Nice Day."

Date Posted: 13 July 2005 at 6:01am

My Bro Community,

You have not answered my question, here it is again specifically asked "Don't you think, that Prophet Mohammad is the last Prophet of Allah?"

Your answer "Muhammed is Khatim annubuwwa..." is typical of my brothers for whom the messangers of Allah may never end, hence taking their own meanings of "Khatim" opposite to common understanding. So, why not you ask this specific question about Khatim annubuwwa as a seperate thread on this forum and we shall see what people know about this issue and shall help us understand your perspective as well.

Date Posted: 13 July 2005 at 11:00am
Khatim, this word means seal i am convinced of this, but rather the word Nubuwwa, it means "prophethood", rasool, is "a sent one", a messenger.

Date Posted: 13 July 2005 at 12:07pm
Sure, but again what does seal signify to you. According to common understanding 'seal' is to 'close', but some of my brothers thinks that 'seal' implies to 'attest'. So what is your view out of the two?

Date Posted: 13 July 2005 at 1:51pm

To attest.

116. Said Moses: "Throw ye (first)." So when they threw, they bewitched the eyes of the people, and struck terror into them: for they showed a great (feat of) magic.

117. We put it into Moses's mind by inspiration: "Throw (now) thy rod":and behold! it swallows up straight away all the falsehoods which they fake!

118. Thus truth was confirmed, and all that they did was made of no effect.

119. So the (great ones) were vanquished there and then, and were made to look small.

120. But the sorcerers fell down prostrate in adoration.

121. Saying: "We believe in the Lord of the Worlds,-

122. "The Lord of Moses and Aaron."

I accidentally pasted this, but this is what i was intending to paste:

attest:

116. Said Moses: "Throw ye (first)." So when they threw, they bewitched the eyes of the people, and struck terror into them: for they showed a great (feat of) magic.

117. We put it into Moses's mind by inspiration: "Throw (now) thy rod":and behold! it swallows up straight away all the falsehoods which they fake!

118. Thus truth was confirmed, and all that they did was made of no effect.

119. So the (great ones) were vanquished there and then, and were made to look small.

120. But the sorcerers fell down prostrate in adoration.

121. Saying: "We believe in the Lord of the Worlds,-

122. "The Lord of Moses and Aaron."

Let me try again

Attest:

1. To affirm to be correct, true, or genuine: The date of the painting was attested by the appraiser.
  2. To certify by signature or oath: attest a will.
  3. To certify in an official capacity.

Akhir means last, khatim means seal, and to some it means attest. There is also khatam al quran, which means completing the recital of the whole koran, it does not mean that the koran will not be recited again. So clearly khatim (seal) does not mean akhir(last). But it indicates a comletion. Nowhere in the koran does Allah say that muhammed is "akhir arrosul" last of the messengers. Or in anyway tells us that Muhammed is the last messenger, except when people used "khatim annubuwwa" as meaning the last messenger, this is dishonest, first because it says khatim which means seal and not akhir which means last, secondly it says nubuwwa which is translated as Prophethood. Thirdly there is a difference between nabiy(prophet) and rasool(sent one) and then there is also the word Mursaleen(the sent ones with a certain message that already exists) because you can say mursaloona bi al quraan which means sent(plural) with the koran, so they are mursaleen. Hard to accept for some maybe, but so was it for those jews and christians before the muslims, and you will not find in the way(tradition, sunnat) of Allah any change, or any other situation. "Lan tajida fee sunnati Allahi tahweelan walaa taghieeran" The best provision is the fear of Allah, this will help someone not to reject truth when it comes to him, he will hear the truth or be careful to reject anything said because he will stand before Allah who will judge with Truth. Being proud like the jews by thinking they are right without being truthful, because they could'nt be truthful, because it would mean they would have to admit they were wrong and take a step down from their position which they got used to and obviously did not want to give it up made them losers, and shame is upon them. Allah tests mankind, and it seems that every time some people reject a messenger or prophet, so we all should be really careful with rejecting, because it might be the truth, so we should be truthful and look into what is said, if the goal is the truth. And Allah is the manifest Truth. So what is the critirion? al furqaan? al qur'an, the koran, not people and their methodologies.

Date Posted: 13 July 2005 at 2:21pm
O my dear bro Community, so you finally agree to my specualtion. Nevertheless, I think, its better to open up a new thread than voilating the norms of this forum by discussing this concept of last vs Seal about Prophethood of Mohammad. BTW why it took you so long for you to open up? I am here to discuss as what I logically believe to be true, but then I do remain open to correct myself, if I ever find myself wrong in my concepts as there is no harm in following the right path. So, I really couldn't understand your hesitation?

Date Posted: 13 July 2005 at 11:01pm

all praise is to Allah Lord of the worlds, i was kind of reluctant because i did not want people to ignore my posts because of this. And if you mean the pasting of the interpretation of the koran about Moses and the sorcerers, i did not mean to paste them because i did copy something else, but they kept popping up instead of what i copied and tried to paste, so i did not delete them, because they are important and i felt they would serve a purpose otherwise they would not show up. If you wish to read about these verses, you can in forum: General discussions under "Miracles of islam". And if you wish to start a new thread about the matter then go right ahead, and if you wish me to answer, i will.

67:13. And whether ye hide your speech or publish it, He certainly has (full) knowledge, of what is in the chests(hearts).

Date Posted: 14 July 2005 at 8:06am

Bro Community, I have started this topic under new topic at the following link, for you to respond, if you like : http://www.islamicity.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=1504&PN=1 - http://www.islamicity.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=1504& ;PN=1

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2019 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net