URL: https://www.islamicity.org/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=10584
Printed Date: 28 March 2024 at 12:38pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Thanks for the Support
Posted By: Alwardah
Subject: Thanks for the Support
Date Posted: 25 October 2007 at 10:35am

As Salamu Alaikum wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakatuhu

My intention was to come in to change my email-notification setting to- no mail, but I promised a few members that I will reconsider my decision.

I want to thank the brothers and sisters who have responded on the boards with kind words and encouragement, sent me emails and/or PM. Some suggested I take a break from the boards, but they have forgotten I just came back after a 4 month break.

I wish to apologise to brother Andalus. I admit I did get upset with what he posted � it was because he expressed his views after I explained that, that fatwa clearly indicated that it was made for the Land of the Two Holy Masajid.  Considering his response and at the point he joined in, it seemed that he did not fully read the discussions that went before. Allah knows best. We had a bit of a disagreement  in another thread too regarding  Shaikh ibn Baz (Rahimahullah) and then this response, I did get upset , as he seems to be having a problem with this Shaikh and thus I acted hastily. I should have logged off and not responded to his post at all as I had already expressed my view on the issue and should have left it at that. What�s done is done � we can only learn from our mistakes. Truly we are humans and act in haste.  Having said that, my decision to leave had nothing to do with the Saudi driving thread, it was a combination of things.

IC is a discussion forum. I cannot change the opinions and views of others as I will not change my views and opinions for anyone. We all have our own views which we value, the most we can do is share and learn from each other.

IC is an Islamic Forum, and as Muslims we should be discussing the bigger issues that are affecting the Ummah, not dwelling on the corrupt ways of our Muslim leaders or fighting over Fatawas of scholars whose views we oppose. Regarding the first there is not much we can do, except vent, blow some steam and waste valuable time; regarding the second we can discuss the different views in a cordial and respectful manner and Insha Allah benefit in many ways. What we fail to realize that criticising and finding fault in others reflects directly on our own characters, personalities and morals.

We also fail to realize that Islam does not need to be modernised. How does one modernize something that is already very modern? In our endeavour to modernize Islam we are in fact reverting to the Age of Ignorance.

Every day I log-in to IC hoping to be inspired and strengthen my Iman in some way or the other and I leave very sad and sometimes very upset. Many times I thought of leaving IC, but it always was a very difficult decision to make, as I normally encourage others to �hang in there�. We all go thru this phase sometime or the other.

I just wanted to explain that it was not the Saudi driving post that broke my back, but this feeling that I am not gaining much spiritually and contributing to Fitnah intentionally or unintentionally. I still don�t know whether I should stay or throw in the towel. If it was not the Saudi  post it would have being something else���.that is the way discussions go in IC, so it would have happened sooner or later.

Sometimes in our endeavour to do good we end up doing more harm, more harm to the Ummah.

May Allah Subhanahu wa Ta'ala forgive me if I hurt anyone�s feelings, forgive me for my shortcomings and help me to make the correct decision. Ameen!

Wa Alaikum Salam wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakatuhu

Ps. Seekshidayath - you mentioned some new ideas email/PM me� then I will decide whether to return or just disappear like the other 5000+ members.

I am trying to learn �Flash� � any ideas or links to good sites will be appreciated.

-------------
�Verily your Lord is quick in punishment; yet He is indeed Oft-Forgiving Most Merciful (Surah Al-An�am 6:165)
"Indeed, we belong to Allah and to Him is our return" (Surah Baqarah 2: 155)

Replies:
Posted By: seekshidayath
Date Posted: 26 October 2007 at 9:04am

As'Salamu Alaikum wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakatuhu,

Shikwe aur shikayath apno' se hotay hai. Right sis Alwardah .

Right now, we wish u to be active and why don't u re- start up with Quran and Sunnah thread, with a verse of Qur'an as that saudi thread is closed .

Glad to see u back, and we thank Allah swt for accepting our prayers.

Just forget all the past as its past now. We look forward for your contributions at IC.

-------------
Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: �All the descendants of Adam are sinners, and the best of sinners are those who repent."

Posted By: minuteman
Date Posted: 26 October 2007 at 11:11am

The post from Alwardah is very good and balanced. It should be appreciated. Let us hope that we all say our mind here freely without prejudice and we let the others say freely what they want to say. There should be no harsh words or words of abuse. Only one's own opinion should be presented.

Of course, the ideas of both parties cannot be right. One has to be wrong. But it should be heard comfortably and left alone.

I remember the story of Mulla Nasiruddin. He was made the judge. When a case came up and the first party described the case, Mulla Sahib said, "You are right."

Then the other (opposing) party described the nature of the case in their favor. Mulla sahib was very impressed. He said, "You are right".

There was a third party (some people) there. they complained, "Sir, how could it be possible that both the litigating parties are right?"

Mullas sahib said, "Yes, You are also right."

Moral: We have to become a Mulla Naseeruddin on this forum. Only then we can have progress and peaceful discussion.

I may mention the importance of listening to others patiently, without abusing them. I feel that the problem at Makkah during the time of the prophet s.a.w.s. was such that they did not want to listen to the prophet. The Pagans did not want that the prophet should say anything.

The prophet s.a.w.s. told them that they should say what they like and they should allow him to say what he liked to say. But the pagans replied, "We shall say what we like. But we will not allow you to say what you like." Of course, the prophet s.a.w.s. only wanted to say "La Ilaha Illa Allah, Muhammad u Rasool Allah". But the pagans (Mushrikeen) did not allow it.

So many people were killed and many displaced. Until finally, the pagans of Makkah agreed at Hudaibiyah that the prophet (or Muhammad) could also say what he liked.

Please let us have a peaceful atmosphere. There is no harm in exchange of ideas. i.e. to pass any information which any one has.  Thanks.

-------------
If any one is bad some one must suffer

Posted By: BMZ
Date Posted: 29 October 2007 at 11:28pm
Originally posted by minuteman minuteman wrote:

The post from Alwardah is very good and balanced. It should be appreciated. Let us hope that we all say our mind here freely without prejudice and we let the others say freely what they want to say. There should be no harsh words or words of abuse. Only one's own opinion should be presented.

Of course, the ideas of both parties cannot be right. One has to be wrong. But it should be heard comfortably and left alone.

I remember the story of Mulla Nasiruddin. He was made the judge. When a case came up and the first party described the case, Mulla Sahib said, "You are right."

Then the other (opposing) party described the nature of the case in their favor. Mulla sahib was very impressed. He said, "You are right".

There was a third party (some people) there. they complained, "Sir, how could it be possible that both the litigating parties are right?"

Mullas sahib said, "Yes, You are also right."

Moral: We have to become a Mulla Naseeruddin on this forum. Only then we can have progress and peaceful discussion.

I may mention the importance of listening to others patiently, without abusing them. I feel that the problem at Makkah during the time of the prophet s.a.w.s. was such that they did not want to listen to the prophet. The Pagans did not want that the prophet should say anything.

The prophet s.a.w.s. told them that they should say what they like and they should allow him to say what he liked to say. But the pagans replied, "We shall say what we like. But we will not allow you to say what you like." Of course, the prophet s.a.w.s. only wanted to say "La Ilaha Illa Allah, Muhammad u Rasool Allah". But the pagans (Mushrikeen) did not allow it.

So many people were killed and many displaced. Until finally, the pagans of Makkah agreed at Hudaibiyah that the prophet (or Muhammad) could also say what he liked.

Please let us have a peaceful atmosphere. There is no harm in exchange of ideas. i.e. to pass any information which any one has.  Thanks.

Point noted. from this evry moment, I will be Mullah Naseeruddin only for all the Muslims here.  I agree with you, minuteman.

BMZ

-------------
Shasta's Aunt: "Well, there's the difference you see. The Bible was written by man about God, The Quran was revealed to man by God."

Posted By: Whisper
Date Posted: 31 October 2007 at 1:19am

Sister

We have a hundred and twenty three differences with Life every day of our little time on this earth. How often do we stand up and say Stop your silly world, I want to get off?

IC is not a Forum. It's really a tribe or, you could say, a clan of some of the most beautiful people, on our poor dragged to it's destruction planet. I have found a dukhtar, two hamsheerehs, two uncles and a whole wide spectrum of brothers and sisters, here

Not to forget one whole Angel and my very own invisible SignReader!

Andalus is a beautiful man. But then we all have our tiny imperfections. All of us. Nada is worth leaving this clan, at any time, but specially in such an hour. We need you, sister, and we need all our brothers, here. with us.

Moles and implants are a different matter, we find and uproot them.

Ahlan w'sehlan!

-------------
Sasha Khanzadeh

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2019 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net