Print Page | Close Window

All this talk about...

Printed From: IslamiCity.org
Category: Religion - Islam
Forum Name: Islam for non-Muslims
Forum Description: Non-Muslims can ask questions about Islam, discussion for the purpose of learning.
URL: https://www.islamicity.org/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=10466
Printed Date: 19 April 2024 at 10:13pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: All this talk about...
Posted By: Anatolian
Subject: All this talk about...
Date Posted: 08 October 2007 at 1:21am
....the rules of war and how captives should be treated, as stated in the
Quran. Is that really really necessary? Why not follow true peace and not
seek revenge? What is the purpose of having guidelines to war. By doing so
the Qu'ran is ok with it just as long rules are applied to it.

Does anybody feel the same way here? If Islam truly is peace then why not
preach it?

Replies:
Posted By: Hayfa
Date Posted: 08 October 2007 at 3:41am

Well the question is are all people peaceful??? Have they ever been throug time? We are given limited free will are we not?

If so then bad things happen to good people. And therefor we are given guidelines to help guide us. Take for instance, if your family was murdered by a seriel killer, what woud you do? Whati s "peace" in this instance? Do we just forgive? What happens with this person?  War is a larger scale of, often wrongful actions. Not all war is wrong? Was the efforts by many countries to stop Hitler a wrong action? Were those countries not justified in going to defend themselves?

I became a Moslem and am a very peaceful person. And what are the guidelines to be used if someone attacks me, attacks my home? What should I do. What I like about Islam is that it is clear you have the right to defend yourself, against oppression, against injustice.

I grew up in one of those "turn the other cheek" households. And you know what, then they hit the othe cheek and they keep on hitting. There are bad people out there. And they don't have the same rights as if they abuse mine or anyone elses.

Rules, in my mind, are there to help everyone and to make it clear. 

-------------
When you do things from your soul, you feel a river moving in you, a joy. Rumi

Posted By: peacemaker
Date Posted: 08 October 2007 at 10:47am
This thread will be moved to "Islam for non-Muslims section."

-------------
Then which of the favours of your Lord will ye deny?
Qur'an 55:13

Posted By: Angela
Date Posted: 08 October 2007 at 11:33am

Perhaps its just practical.  Men wage war.  War is sometimes necessary.  The Bible says, "There is a time for peace, a time for war."

The Quran states that war is against oppressors and to free the oppressed.  Thus, it also stipulates how war is to be conducted.

Its easy to say preach peace, but where has that gotten the Tibetans.  Or the Buddhists of Myanmar. 

To fight against oppressors is a divine cause, to fight for freedom and security of the weak. However, if there is no rules, then there is only slaughter and the just side can easily begin taking revenge and become unjust in their dealings.

Date Posted: 08 October 2007 at 3:21pm
War has always been part of the human psych. Don't make me out as an
unrealistic person who believes in the unbelievable and impossible. I am
very real and intune and I know personally that defending yourself is of
upmost importance and one must not lay down to any invader or
occupier. Shouldnt religion keep us sane through all this? Shouldn't it give
us an alternative? Reason? Islam had given it's faithfull a rule book of war
obviously warfare is of major importance "Dar el Harb" (Land of War" or
"Non Islamic States") is a huge factor in Islam and it didctates to many
Muslims how one is suppose to live in these lands and not to
acknowledge the land's actual laws.

Muslims were the first to attack the Byzantines and ever since then it's
been on a march reaching Vienna and according to the Ottoman Sultan
(Who at the time happened to be the leader of the faithfull) to: "rest his
horses in the Vatican"...Just as he did in Hagia Sofia. This does not seem
to be a defensive stance but an offensive one which had begun in mid 7th
century Arabia and has continued, albeit in a non physical form in our
modern times but in a political and social level. Bring up the Crusades as
much as you like the difference is the Crusades had no religious motives
at all except a few bastard european princes who inheritted nothing
decide to inherit the Mid East by force. No Christian theology ever served
basis to what those men commited there.

You can use Tibet and Myanmar as an example of peacefull protests gone
wrong but you happen to ignore Ghandi and the British Empire in Sub-
Asia... Picking and choosing I see.

Date Posted: 08 October 2007 at 3:52pm

Ghandi was a rarity... and I wish all would be as successful as him.  However, the Ghandi's of the world are charismatic saints.  The Dalai Lama is working towards this same kind of peaceful change.  But, what is it about Ghandi that made him succeed where the Dalai Lama fails. 

The Dalai Lama has the political backing, he has the internet and satellite TV to reach his followers around the world.  Yet, he's not been able to affect that great change.

I have seen many people point less to Ghandi and more to the over-extended British Empire.  The difference between Ghandi and the Dalai Lama is the focus given by the occupiers.  The British were thousands of miles from home and unable to hold a colony.  The Chinese are right on top of the Tibetans and able to put more troops and resources into the oppression.  The Chinese government is able to move troops faster than the British.  The success of the Indian independence movement comes AFTER the Second World War and after the British had been pounded on by the Germans, not once but twice.  They were no longer able to keep up their Empire.  And a country who just freed so many other countries from occupying forces was having a hard time justifying its own conquests.

So, did pacifism work?  Or was it a combination of social and political pressure coupled with the depleted resources of the oppressive empire.  People like to simplify the successful non-violent bid to gain independence, however, its not that simple.  A number of factors converged to make it a possibility. 

As for your claim that the Crusades had no religious motives.  You obviously have not read very much about the Crusades.  When the Pope ordered the Holy Land reclaimed from the Infidels, his objective was to secure the place of the Savior's birth from unbelievers.

There were waves of Crusades each with their own purposes.  I will give you that not all the Crusades were given a religious objective, but many of them were called on by the Church for religious reasons.  The want to secure the Holy sites. 

Now, as for the Dar el Harb.  I have done a search on this book of yours.  It seems I can only find it referred to on anti-Islamic websites.  I could not find any references supporting it on Islamic websites.  I wonder why that is. 

Of course, if you want to know about Mormons, ask an anti-Mormon.  If you want to know about the Jews, ask a Nazi.  If you want to know about the Muslims...trust the millions of websites dedicated to unveiling it.

The Quran states very specific rules for when someone can go to war.  Self-defense and to throw off an oppressor.  It really doesn't matter what any other reference says.  In Islam, the Quran is the only perfect law.  They believe that war is wrong, but sometimes necessary.

If any one slew a person - unless it be [in punishment] for murder or for spreading mischief in the land - it would be as if he slew the whole people - Quran 5:32

Fight in the cause of Allah those who fight you, but do not transgress limits; for Allah loveth not transgressors. - Quran 2:190

And in a hadith narrated by Abdullah bin Amr bin Al-As, God Told Mohammed :

You are neither hard-hearted nor of fierce character, nor one who shouts in the markets. You do not return evil for evil, but excuse and forgive. - Bukhari, Volume 6, Book 60, Number 362

Date Posted: 08 October 2007 at 4:00pm

Oh and on the Ottoman thing... if you are giving the Crusades a pass on the religious thing by arguing that justifications were only excuses.  Then you must understand that the Ottoman Turks too were not necessarily attacking Constantinople for religious reasons, but using religion as ....yep that's right...a flimsy excuse.

The KKK uses perversions of the Bible to excuse their racism.  The Terrorists pervert religion (including the IRA) for their own purposes.

Posted By: islamispeace
Date Posted: 08 October 2007 at 5:06pm
Angela said:

"Now, as for the Dar el Harb.  I have done a search on this book of yours.  It seems I can only find it referred to on anti-Islamic websites.  I could not find any references supporting it on Islamic websites.  I wonder why that is."

Well said.  Anatolian seems to think that he can learn about Islam by relying on non-Islamic sources.  Has he ever read the Quran or the Hadiths?  I think not. 

Anatolian, I challenge you to bring forth any ayat or hadith which backs up your claim about "dar al harb".  This is just for argument's sake, since I know that you will be unable to meet this challenge.

With regard to the Byzantines, I need to correct you.  The Muslims did not attack the Byzantines.  Rather, it was the Byzantines who struck first.  After Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) sent ambassadors to different heads of state, Heraclius included, with the mission of calling them to Islam, many heads of state responded in hostile fashion.  One such person was Shurabil, who was the governor of Busra.  He was a Christian, who murdered the Prophet's envoy Harith ibn 'Umayr in cold-blooded fashion.  Furthermore, he was under the protection of the Byzantine Empire.  Naturally, the Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) was ticked off at this act of war and subsequently dispatched an army of 3,000 men led by Zaid ibn Haritha to punish Shurabil.  Now, if the Byzantines were truly interested in peace, they would have distanced themselves from Shurabil and removed their protection of his domain.  They did not.  Instead, they sent an army against the Prophet's forces.  Some estimates put its strength as high as 100,000 men.  Who was the aggressor here?  The Muslims?  No, no, no, no.  It was the cowardly, Christian Byzantines.  The Byzantines were arrogant; they were insolent.  They saw in the emerging Muslim nation an easy target. How wrong they were!   They picked a fight against an enemy they did not understand and they lost big time.  The world's mightiest empire fell to it knees in the face of Islam, and it was not Islam that started the fight.  But Islam fought back.

Now that you understand the historical events which led up to the Byzantine-Muslim war, I was wondering if you could answer a few questions:

1.  What kind of Christian was Shurabil in murdering a foreign envoy?  Why don't you Christians condemn his behavior, instead of making him the victim?

2.  What kind of Christian was Heraclius in not punishing Shurabil for murder, but instead sends a large force to attack the Muslims, who were only seeking justice in avenging the cold-blooded murder of one of their own?

3.  What kind of religion do you follow in conjuring up lies and deceitful statements?

4.  Have you ever, in your entire life, studied the Holy Quran and the Sunnah of the Prophet Muhammad (pbuh)  (This one actually has already been answered)?

-------------
Say: "Truly, my prayer and my service of sacrifice, my life and my death, are (all) for Allah, the Cherisher of the Worlds. (Surat al-Anaam: 162)

Date Posted: 08 October 2007 at 11:36pm
Islamis peace you think I am making up Dar El Harb and Dar el Islam?
Remember I grew up in a majority muslim country and I've heard it my
whole
life. So save me the headache for searching it its an undeniable fact.

The war with the Byzantines began under the Caliphate of the Ummayads
around 633-634. I can sit here and find you sources in every major
historical book but this "tactic" of yours in demanding a certain source
and then refuting it citing western propaganda or whatever it is you claim
it to be, its sensless for me to locate it if you are ready to throw it back at
me and claim it to be a worthless. It first began as conflicts of trade
between the borders which finally resulted in all out war.

As for portraying the Muslim warriors as ferocious and courageous I
would have certain conflicting response to you. The Byzantine states as
well as the Persians had recently drained there military powers in there
wars. The military lines were stretched to the point where cross border
attacks by the Arabs were so common that it was pointless for the
Byzantines to inforce it. You claim that these warriors were the bravest
yet you forget to mention the Battle of Yarmuk where the Muslims were
being driven back and knew that loss was imminent, they sent in Hind bin
Utba, who was the wife of the Meccan chief, along with thousands of
other women straight into the Christian defenses screaming and hollering
to the point where the Byzantines were taken aback and had to draw
because they weren't used to this type of attack. Very courageous and
here i'll add a smiley face to .

As for Muhammad sending his envoys to the Byzantines and the Persians
inviting them to Islam and if they refuse Allah's messanger they will feel
the might of Islam... Sounds very inviting both parties reacted Chosros
ripped apart the letter and Heraclius didnt even bother.

Before I answer your questions answer this for me:

1) Is it right to convert churches into mosques such as St. John's Church
in Damascus (Mar Yuhanna)? or Hagia Sofya in Constantinople?

I just want to see where you stand on this certain point.

Date Posted: 08 October 2007 at 11:58pm
Angela,

I completely agree regarding Ghandi. Right place, right time, right man.
He had geopolitical advantages yet his road wasnt as easy one and
actually took him close to 30 years in order to make his vision complete
(other then Pakistan of course). He could have used a much forcefull
stance yet chose pacifism.

As for the Crusades, you people act as if the Holy Land had always been
at the hands of the Muslims when in reality it was first attacked by Muslim
invaders AND then Europe sent in to recapture. If you want to use that
mentality where Muslims have a right to defend themselves so do the
Christians.

Yes I always read this Surah 5:32 here yet you fail to point out Surah 5:51
"O ye who believe, take not the Jews and Christians for your friends and
protectors. They are but friends and protectors to each other. And he
amongst you that turns to them is of them. Verily Allah guideth not a
people injust."

Or this one: Surah 9:29

Fight those who believe not in Allah nor the last days...Nor acknowledge
the religion of truth even if they are People of the Book (Christians and
Jews), until they pay the Jizya (tax) with willing submission and feel
themselves subdued".

Now what will you say to this. It's not the right translation or it was
changed by one who hates Islam. No excuses need apply thank you in
advance...

Also Angela, save me your "I'm a Christian" routine I'm not buying it. You
can go ahead and say just because I am one doesnt mean I have to agree
with everything Anatolian says. I don't expect you to agree with me or
anybody else but what I do notice is a constant one sided argument from
your end ignoring the other historical facts that make up the course of
this clash of civilizations.

Posted By: minuteman
Date Posted: 09 October 2007 at 2:39am

Anatolian is wrong. That is about history. The Muslims were very few and very weak. The Persians were powerful and had beaten the Romans initially in that time. King of persia took Shirin (christian lady) as a prize of victory.

The initial verses of chapter 30 (Sura Rum) were revealed. The Pagans of Arabia had friendly feelings with the persian pagans (fire worshippers). These Arabian Pagans were celebrating the victory of the Persians over the Romans (christians). Allah revealed to the prophet s.a.w.s. that even though the Romans have been subdued in the land, they will soon (within 1 to 9 years) regain their power and will be victorius over the Persians. Any one can see this prophesy in the Quran. It is also written in that prophesy that at time the Muslims will celebrate that victory with another victory. (i.e.  the gaining control over Makkah). Both these events will coincide.

So the Muslim believers will have double happiness.

It happened like that. The Romans and Persians had a fight (war) and the Persians were badly beaten by the Romans. So, please understand that the Romans were more powerful than the Persians and the persians were the weaker party... Continued... in next post.

-------------
If any one is bad some one must suffer

Posted By: minuteman
Date Posted: 09 October 2007 at 3:11am

Part2. When the prophet s.a.w.s. (as described by Islampeace) wrote letters to the various kings in the area inviting them to peace i.e. Islam, they replied differently. That was before Makkah was liberated. Some kings replied in good manner, even they sent back gifts for the prophet. Some replied harshly (specially the king of Persia tore the letter of the prophet). I have to mention this important thing because it is another prophesy. The prophet s.a.w.s. said that the kingdom of Persia will be torn into pieces the way the persian king has torn my letter.

That is exactly what happened after about 15 years during the time of Khalifah Umar r.a. It is the special honor and duty of the prophets to prophesise. If what he foretold come true then he is a true prophet of God. If it does not come true then he is a false prophet (See  OT Bible Deut. 18:20).

When the Muslims had some victories, the nearby powers became careful and even tried to attack the newly formed state of Islam at Madinah. Anatolian should bear in mind that this newly formed state was very weak and had just had a little rest from the pagan wars etc. They were in no position to go and attack any one. They had no means to do that. But they had the spirit and new message of peace from God with them. They were told to convey that message of peace very peacefully to other nations of the world.

Even before they could do that, one of the christian lords gathered a large force to attack the Muslims. For that, the prophet himself had to lead a force of Muslims to repel the expected aggression, in a very hot weather, at a far away border. The Muslim army went there and was ready to fight the enemy but the enemy did not advance or attack. So the prophet had to come back to Madinah without a war.

Anatolian should take notes please, of the aggressive behaviour of the neighboring chrisrian power. The war was being imposed upon the Muslims. Anatolian should leave the interpretation of the verses of the Quran to the Muslims please. WE see those verses applicable in that time and that situation only.

Later, it was peaceful and there were inter-trade missions. Unarmed Muslims were preaching the message of peace in the christian country and the people there killed the preachers.  Why?? Was it because the church was the owner of the minds of the people there?? It is proved that there was no liberty and no freedom of thought. The christian high ups there were the enemy of mankind. 

That made the Caliph attack that country. That is how the wars started. Now here is another point, a miracle. Just see the Muslims without any war material and trained organised experienced army. They had to fight the stronger of the two enemies, i.e. the Romans on the western front, not the weaker of the two on the eastern side.

So when the Muslim army routed the organised Roman army, the Persians must have been surprised and could have seen their own fate in jeopardy in the near future.

It is a false blame on the Muslims that they picked a fight first. That is wrong. Of course there is no harm in peaceful preaching and that is what they did. But the  Romans and persians did not like it. All these matters had been fortold in the bible OT too. The prophesies of the victory of the Arabs are mentioned in the OT.

Peace. Salaam.

-------------
If any one is bad some one must suffer

Posted By: Hayfa
Date Posted: 09 October 2007 at 3:51am

If you want to discuss why Islam is or is not you need to go to the Quran and Hadiths.

The actions of various people are not Islam. Going on about this and that of people who did this or that throughout history. Humans are imperfect, God is not.

You asked why Islam discusses captives etc. People told you why. Cause there are bad people and they do bad things and people have a right to self-defense and an obligation to defend the poor.

If you see that this is true, and then we are given guidelines as to how to behave in this situation. Don't you think that it is good to help give guidelines?

If someone makes war on you, you can defend yourself. Otherwise you should live with them in peace. If you do not then you will answer to Allah on the Day of Judgement. If you create war, and hurt others without just cause well then.

I was reading a book on a seriel killer. He was a very good Church going guy. Went to Church, had family and tortured and murdered around a dozen people. And what is he said was that in Lutheran church, or his church particularly, they don't believe your actions mean anything, as long as you beleive in Jesus Christ as your savior. You are forgiven for your sins..

Of course in Islam that is not the case...so the rules for war, captives, etc are very helpful if you are held accountable for all of your actions. makes sense to me

-------------
When you do things from your soul, you feel a river moving in you, a joy. Rumi

Date Posted: 09 October 2007 at 10:58am

Angela: I wanted to reply to your PM, but couldn't. It seems you have reached the maximum limit of inbox messages, so any further incoming message is being bounced.

Another thing is that you frequently take part here in Islam for non-Muslim section to reply matters related to Islam. While your sincerity is not doubted, the fact remains that you are a non-Muslim, and therefore, please don�t respond here. If you have a question, please ask here by starting a thread. But, once a non-Muslim has asked a question, please let Muslims respond. The problem is that if you are allowed to answer here, other non-Muslims too should be allowed because rules are for everyone. I hope you won�t mind.

http://www.islamicity.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=7684&PN=1 - http://www.islamicity.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=7684& ;PN=1

-------------

Date Posted: 09 October 2007 at 2:44pm

Sorry... perhaps I just won't respond anywhere.  I've been here 2 years and over 2000 posts.

Driving isn't an ISLAMIC ONLY issue and neither is WAR. 

I hate seeing people ignore the history of my people (The Christians) and use history to bash your people.

And I'm not arguing one sided Anatolian, its you who refuses to see the secular forces at work in the middle east and the religious forces of mideval europe and the modern neo-conservative right.

Posted By: islamispeace
Date Posted: 09 October 2007 at 3:10pm
Brother peacemaker,

I see no problem in allowing Angela to post here.  She may not be Muslim, but she does defend Islam and the Prophet Muhammad (pbuh), and that is something every Muslim should appreciate and respect.  There is no reason why she should be prohibited from posting in this section or any other section.  If she makes a mistake with regard to Islamic teachings, we can always correct her.  There is no need to prohibit her from posting. 

Anatolian, I will respond to your weak arguments as soon as I can.  Probably in a couple of hours.  See you then!

-------------
Say: "Truly, my prayer and my service of sacrifice, my life and my death, are (all) for Allah, the Cherisher of the Worlds. (Surat al-Anaam: 162)

Posted By: rami
Date Posted: 09 October 2007 at 5:41pm
Bi ismillahi rahmani raheem

Assalamu alaikum Peacemaker

If i remember correctly some non muslims not just Angela where given more access rights due to there past record and out of respect for them. I see nothing wrong with Angela's answers what so ever especially since the poster is here for debate rather than information.

I understand what you are trying to uphold but this restriction was originally put in place to stop non muslims debating legal matters in Islam as this was not the place for it not these type of discussions and it espetially does not reffer to what Angela is doing and her style of reply which is not questioning Islam in any way.

-------------
Rasul Allah (sallah llahu alaihi wa sallam) said: "Whoever knows himself, knows his Lord" and whoever knows his Lord has been given His gnosis and nearness.

Date Posted: 09 October 2007 at 11:48pm
OK minuteman I agree to some of your points concerning the envoys
Muhammed sent and the reactions by the other two Kings.

As for the historical contexts of the time concerning Arab (Muslim) might
towards the Persians and Byzantines is of a somewhat different and more
acurate understanding of the changes facing before the invasion of Islam
that were taking place long before the complete end of both empires.
Byzantium as we knew it then in Syrian province (Syria, Lebanon,
Palestine, parts of S.E. Turkey) was eventually going to crumble but no
major inner power workings in the province would arise because there
was no real major indegenous political or military force other then the
Eastern Romans. Eventually either the Persians, whom as you said were
barely defeated or the new power house arriving from the Arabian
peninsula. Not only that but to add to the success of the conquering
Muslims, the citizens of Syria (Jews and Christians) welcomed them with
open arms because of the heavy taxation implimented by the Emperor (if
they only knew if the Jezya was comming along! Ha!) Weakness in the
interior by an exhausted citizenry, crumbling military units who didnt
recover from the Persian onslaught, etc etc... Your over exagerating
Byzantium's might just so you can prove Muslim bravado well all I can say
is time and place. Time and place.

As for Muslim preachers being persecuted in Syria I won't deny this nor
disqualify it because I havent read anything of it. But explain to me why
the Jews and Christians of Mecca and Medina and later on all of the Hijaz
were exterminated, driven, or forced into conversion before the Arab set
his eyes North? Actually this is going on to this day out there so who
really controls the minds of the people? Christian Europe and America
with a mosque being built in every major city or in the Muslim east where
existing churches are left to ruins or being demolished to be used as
"museums" or mosques? No new ones being built. Not even a small
chapel is allowed to Christian workers in Saudia Arabia... List goes on.
Look at your religious leaders first then judge the rest. Teach and follow
by example.

Posted By: rami
Date Posted: 10 October 2007 at 12:26am
Bi ismillahi rahmani raheem

Check where your information is coming from constantly you are quoting lies and distortions, Jews and christians still exist today in arabia as they did in the time of the prophet, so 1400 years and still they all havnt been forcibly converted or killed.

or where they first killed and then converted i cant seem to figure out how they are still around if either was really taking place, possibly all the jews we have came after the European witch hunts..

-------------
Rasul Allah (sallah llahu alaihi wa sallam) said: "Whoever knows himself, knows his Lord" and whoever knows his Lord has been given His gnosis and nearness.

Posted By: Reepicheep
Date Posted: 10 October 2007 at 8:20am

Rami wrote: Jews and christians still exist today in arabia as they did in the time of the prophet, so 1400 years and still they all havnt been forcibly converted or killed.

If by "arabia" you mean Saudi Arabia, then you are (to the best of my knowledge) lying.  If you are not lying, then please provide us with the name and address of a non-muslim who has Saudi Arabian citizenship and who lives in Saudi Arabia.

Date Posted: 10 October 2007 at 8:53am

Section I. Religious Demography

The country has a total area of 1,225,000 square miles, and its population is approximately 24 million, with an estimated foreign population of 6 to 7 million. The foreign population includes approximately 1.4 million Indians, 1 million Bangladeshis, nearly 900,000 Pakistanis, 800,000 Filipinos, 750,000 Egyptians, 250,000 Palestinians, 150,000 Lebanese, 130,000 Sri Lankans, 40,000 Eritreans, and 30,000 Americans. Comprehensive statistics for the religious denominations of foreigners are not available; however, they include Muslims from the various branches and schools of Islam, Christians, and Hindus. Approximately 90 percent of the Filipino community is Christian. The U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops estimates there are considerably more than 500,000 Catholics in the country and perhaps as many as 1 million.

http://www.state.gov/g/drl/rls/irf/2004/35507.htm - http://www.state.gov/g/drl/rls/irf/2004/35507.htm

However, in Iraq, there is a population of about 800,000 Orthodox Christians that until recently have had wonderful freedoms.  There are Christians in Iran, Syria, Jordan, Lebanon and many other countries.  They are minorities there as Muslims are Minorities here.

Can you think of the last time a major political figure here in the US said something discriminatory against Muslims in office?  I can.

Date Posted: 10 October 2007 at 10:45am

Angela:

I was only trying to enforce that rule that came into effect after much thought and discussion almost a year ago. I also mentioned in my last post in this thread that your sincerity was not being doubted, but rules apply to everyone. At times, I have been pointing out that rule. That clarifies that one should be a Muslim and have proper knowledge on the subject to answer in this section. Even if one is Muslim but doesn�t have proper knowledge on the subject, he/she shouldn�t respond here in reply to questions asked by non-Muslims on Islam related matters. Let us see the rule:

"There is no limit on questions one may ask or repeatedly ask to clarify a point about Islamic faith as long as the purpose is to seek knowledge about Islam. This is the place where only those who believe in Islamic faith and have proper knowledge on the subject should take part to answer, and those who can not positively contribute here should not take part."

http://www.islamicity.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=7684&PN=1 - Having said that, there is a way out and I hope that it would be helpful, insha Allah. Seeing the positive contribution made by you at the forum, I will propose before the moderator group that this rule be amended that would allow people like you to take part in responding in this section. It may take some time; meantime please feel free to contribute here as you have been doing. Any inconvenience in this regard is highly regretted.

I was very hesitant to even mention that rule to you seeing your overall participation here, but I felt it was my moral responsibility to do so. I hope you would understand what I am talking about.

Seeing that the original question asked by topic starter has been addressed well, and the thread has gone completely off-topic, it wll be closed.

May Allah guide us all.

Peace

-------------

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2019 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net