IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Introduction: Who am I?
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Hello Everyone  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Hello Everyone

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Woodstock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hello Everyone
    Posted: 09 August 2007 at 3:06pm

I don't talk much, (That's how I got this Nickname) but I read alot so hopefully I'll be here reading a while. 

So far I like what I see.

Woodstock

ZEA J View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZEA  J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 August 2007 at 9:04pm

Welcome to the forum.

"You will never attain piety and righteousness,(and eventually paradise)until you
spend of that which you love."(Al-Imran:92)
Khadija1021 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Khadija1021 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 August 2007 at 1:37pm

Salam Woodstock,

Welcome to IC forum.  I like your sitename...for many years, I was called Peppermint Patty...a nicknamed given to me at summer camp when I was only 11...maybe because I had freckles...  Yours reminds me of that time...good memories.

Inshallah you will learn a lot about Islam through your time spent here.  I know through my own experience as a new revert to Islam this forum has been very helpful to me.  Although I'm not such a newbie anymore, I still learn a lot from others here Alhamdulillah.  My only suggestion would be to pick your thread carefully and stay away from meaningless discussions that lead nowhere...at least no where good.  As Muslims, we are told to stay away from talk that is unworthy of our time and effort.  When I think about it, this is such a basic lesson but one which gets overlooked easily.  As you probably already know, at times we humans are "too smart" for our own good.  I simple cannot image any animal in Allah's great creation acting this way.  They simply go about taking care of business in the best way possible.  Example, have you ever seen a squirrel collecting nuts that are not good?  Of course not, it would be a waste of its time and energy.  We should be more like the other animals in Allah's great creation and stay away from gathering bad things to us because, as the other animals show us, doing so is a waste of time and energy.  I am not suggesting that you will do this but merely that the opportunity to do that is here as it is anywhere else on the internet.

Inshallah you will be guided to the right path.

Sister Khadija

Say: 'My prayer and my rites, my living and my dying, are for Allah alone, the Lord of all the worlds. (Qur'an, 6:162)
Woodstock View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Woodstock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 August 2007 at 9:09pm
Thank you for the advice Sister Khadija. I will keep it in mind. I'm sure they gave you that nickname for good reasons. Enjoy the memories.
Speak a little Learn alot.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic