IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Groups : Men (Brothers)
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Marijuana to help aid sleep??  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Marijuana to help aid sleep??

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 March 2014 at 10:09pm
Originally posted by nabil1983 nabil1983 wrote:

Salaam

Im new here. I have been a smoker of marijuana for 7 years and have tried to quit, i have not smoked for two weeks now. The problem is that the only reason i smoked marijuana was to aid me in my sleep, since i have stopped i have had problems in sleeping. I have tried taking conventional medicine like Nytol and others but with no luck.

Is marijuana still haram if i wish to smoke it for aiding me in my sleep?

I have read various online forums that state any intoxication is haram except for medicinal purposes.

I will apreciate all advice on this situation.

Salaam.

Greetings,

My advice...
try 5-HTP and L-theanine for sleep.  It is what helped me, and they are natural, not addicting, and no drugged, or hangover feeling.  You can get them at any natural foods/medicine store, or you can order them at iherb.com, like I do.
I do not believe in anything that alters the mind, because then our minds are not clear and open to the guiding of the Creator.  They become susceptible to the influences of satan.  An unclear mind is the devil's playground.  You give him clearance to whisper his deceptions since your mind is foggy and open to suggestion.
As a Christian I believe in not being under the influence of anything other than the Holy Spirit.

Best wishes,
Caringheart
Let us seek Truth together
Blessed be God forever
"I believe in Jesus as I believe in the sun... not because I see it, but because by it, I see everything else.: - C.S.Lewis
Caringheart View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 March 2014 at 10:15pm
Lots of good advice from Angel, Shoe ba, and Slot.

I did the warm milk and honey thing too... with a touch of cinnamon... cinnamon before bed is good.  I sometimes have a bowl of cereal with cinnamon on it before bed.

and Chamomille tea is a regular thing for me.  My mother used to suggest that when I was younger, and of course I never wanted it then.

Breathing and stretching exercises... and meditation... I do these too, and they really work.  Meditation with Christian music works well for me, as it is spiritual time for me...
'Be still and know that I am God'  ... It really helps to draw near to God...
'Draw near to Me and I will draw near to you'

Peace and blessings.
Let us seek Truth together
Blessed be God forever
"I believe in Jesus as I believe in the sun... not because I see it, but because by it, I see everything else.: - C.S.Lewis
NABA View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NABA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2014 at 8:51pm
Allah says in Quran in ch 2 v 195 that never l8 ur own hands to b the coz of ur own destruction. So plz don't intoxicate ur body.
lucymiller11 View Drop Down
Starter.
Starter.

Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lucymiller11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 August 2018 at 7:29pm
Hi Nabir. Good day. I'm Lucy Miller. I've been writing and researching about sleeping. Try visiting this link: http://mindyourzen.com/how-to-sleep-better/. Hope this helps. Regards

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic