IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Islam for non-Muslims
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - women in religion  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

women in religion

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Starter
Starter
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote orman5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: women in religion
    Posted: 17 May 2007 at 1:31pm

what are they.. women i mean..

they are an essential part of creation. placed second in every religion there ever was and even in society.. should they according to this be allowed in religion? and if so as what? . they are just the same as men who claim religion as their own.. would you relie on women to give men religion as men do? or have we missed the point.. get my meaning.. try this .. its emotive... try.. women in islam or elsewhere..

Edited by orman5
Andalus View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andalus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2007 at 11:06pm
Originally posted by orman5 orman5 wrote:

they are an essential part of creation. placed second in every religion there ever was and even in society.. should they according to this hatbe allowed in religion? and if so as what? .

I was not aware that Islam placed females second. Could you please refer me to the specific verse or hadith that stated women are second?

they are just the same as men who claim religion as their own.. would you relie on women to give men religion as men do? or have we missed the point.. get my meaning.. try this .. its emotive... try.. women in islam or elsewhere..

Sure, there have been great women scholars in Islam who taught men.

Do not confuse faith with cultural norms and attitudes.

A feeling of discouragement when you slip up is a sure sign that you put your faith in deeds. -Ibn 'Ata'llah
http://www.sunnipath.com
http://www.sunniforum.com/forum/
http://www.pt-go.com/
superme View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote superme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2007 at 8:32pm
Originally posted by orman5 orman5 wrote:

they are an essential part of creation. placed second in every religion there ever was and even in society.. should they according to this be allowed in religion?

I have been around in many discussion forum - mostly reading. In the jewish site for an example as I recall there seem no one asked if women are the 2nd class citizens. This question for some reason always constantly posed in the muslim sites.

I assume it is an indication that we are very open about our faith. But above that - our mothers and sisters who are exposed in the western world do not feel being mistreated in any way, instead they are taking pride by being muslims.

If I do given full uncontestable power to surpress - certainly I would never surpress women. Without them we won't be here.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic