IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Groups : Women (Sisters)
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - im at a loss  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

im at a loss

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rookaiya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: im at a loss
    Posted: 16 May 2007 at 11:42pm

asalamu alaikum

i read this post and decided to post it here cos this comes as a big shock to me. its the first ive heard of this. i always make dua after all prayers. fard and sunnah.

Making dua after the obligatory prayers is bidaah
Question:
After fard salat (i.e. after saying salam), some people make Dua while (more)

Making dua after the obligatory prayers is bidah
Question:
After fard salat (i.e. after saying salam), some people make Dua while others say only Tasbih Fatmi. Some people are adament that making Dua after salat is Bidat. This is causing some restraint in the cummunity speacially those who follow Imam Abu Hanifa or Shafai.
Can we make dua'a after salat.
Can we make dua'a with the imama after salat alltogether.

Answer:
Praise be to Allaah.

It says in Fatawa al-Lajnah al-Daaimah: 

Making dua after the obligatory prayers is not Sunnah if it is done by raising the hands, whether that is done by the imam alone or a member of the congregation alone, or it is done by them both together. Rather that is bidah, because it was not narrated that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) or any of his companions (may Allaah be pleased with them) did that. With regard to making dua without doing that (raising the hands etc.), there is nothing wrong with it, because there are some ahaadeeth concerning that.

Fataawa al-Lajnah al-Daaimah, 7/103 

The Committee was asked about raising the hands for dua after the five daily prayers is it proven that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) raised his hands or not? If it is not proven, is it permissible to raise the hands after the five daily prayers or not? 

They replied: It is not proven that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) raised his hands in dua after the obligatory prayers as far as we know, so raising them after the salaam of an obligatory prayer is contrary to the Sunnah. 

Fataawa al-Lajnah, 7/104 

The Committee also stated that saying dua out loud after the five daily prayers or regular Sunnah prayers, or reciting dua in unison as a regular practice is a reprehensible innovation (bidah), because it was not proven that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) or his companions (may Allaah be pleased with them) did anything like that. Whoever makes dua after the obligatory or regular Sunnah prayers in unison is going against the way of Ahl al-Sunnah waJamaaah, and for those people to accuse those who disagree with them of being kaafirs and not belonging to Ahl al-Sunnah waJ-Jamaaah, is misguidance, ignorance and a distortion of the facts. 

Fataawa Islamiyyah, 1/319 

And Allaah knows best.

Islam Q&A

"so surely with every difficulty there is relief. Surely with every difficulty there is relief. Surah 94. verses 5 and 6
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic