IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Regional > Europe
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Would Like To Visit Clichy Sous Bois, FR  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Would Like To Visit Clichy Sous Bois, FR

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdiscussion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Would Like To Visit Clichy Sous Bois, FR
    Posted: 04 May 2007 at 8:32pm
As Salam Alikum,

This summer I would like to visit Clichy Sous Bois, outside of Paris, France
from Boston, MA USA. Any information would be helpful.

Thanks.
nur1 View Drop Down
Starter
Starter
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nur1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2007 at 8:00pm

As Salamu Alaykum,

i am not sure what to tell you here. Clichy is not really something to visit. It is one of these "not so bad" suburban ghettos of Paris and believe me some of them are not funny at all. I mean you don't get yourself killed in Clichy insha'allah (France is not as dangerous as the US), but i would look twice over my shoulder at night. 

The difference that stroke me coming from Europe to the US was, that in America the housing projects are often inside city limits sometimes even downtown (i haven't been to Boston though), but you need to know that in Europe it is the other way round. The expensive lofts and appartments are all over the city and downtown is an expensive place, while city limits are often more likely to serve as cheaper housing areas. Some of them can be fancy, but around Paris unfortuanately there are many really bad ones with lots of problems and high crminality and desperation. Clichy is one of the "livible' ones.

in your place i would rather go and visit Paris : Le grand mosque and l'institute du monde arabe are surely more interesting...  Smile

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic