IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Introduction: Who am I?
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Introductin  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Introductin

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Groupie
Groupie
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .:: SoHaIB ::. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 March 2007 at 4:45pm
Wsalam sis...welcome to this place... ur doing great, every1 is ur frend here ....may ALLAH be with u
Neima Abduljeli View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Neima Abduljeli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 April 2007 at 1:23am

Bismillah (In the name of Allah) Alhamdulilah (Praise be to him) Aselatu (Blessings of Allah) Weselamu(Peace of Allah) be upon the prophet, his families and the ones who are with him

In most of my communication related to Islam , I use this statement since I strongly belive that Allah will simplify things If I start by prainsing him and our beloved prophet SAW ( Selelahu Aleyhi Weselem- Peace and blessings be up on him.)   But... now only for this forum, After I saw most of the correspondences,  I started using the english version Peace and blessings be up on all of us. 

I learned Arabic while I was at school and at home. Now I can read interpret the one I studied. I understand if you speak in Arabic. But I can't speak. Even English is my third language and I try to use it properly, and I think I am improving.

There are  lots of things  to learn.  Insha-Allah( if god wills) Allah will help us if we try a little bit harder.  So I will also start learning the Arabic language.

Weselamu aleykum Werahmetulahi weberekatuh.

fatima View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatima Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 April 2007 at 4:33am

Bismillah irrahman irrahim

Assalamu alaykum

Originally posted by charlene charlene wrote:

Almost everytime I do my prayers I start to cry. I do not understand why. 

Welcome on the forum sister, You are where most of us wish we feel in prayer. You know in your prayer that you are infront of your Lord and you know He can heal you. So your heart opens up to Him and thats why you cry. Sister life is a test and test got to be hard right so be patient and firm and inshaAllah you will get through it. Read Holy Quran as much as you can and try to understand it. Know that Allah subhanahu wa ta'ala is facilitator of everything so ask Him, depend on Him and life will become easy.

If you need help in other things just ask, inshaAllah we will do our best to help.

wassalam

Say: (O Muhammad) If you love Allah, then follow me, Allah will love you and forgive you your faults, and Allah is Forgiving, MercifuL
amah View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 April 2007 at 6:42am
Originally posted by charlene charlene wrote:

I can not say I have doubts about Islam. But I do get lonely. I became a Muslim in 01/06. I am going through this journey alone and I have never been alone in my life (divorced in 3/06). It gets so scary for me, feeling like I have no where to turn. Almost everytime I do my prayers I start to cry. I do not understand why.  I am self teaching myself about Islam and it is really hard since I do not speak Arabic. My ex-husband would not teach me even though I wanted to learn. He told me I had to find my own way to Islam.  I feel like Allah is testing me.

Bismillahirrahmanirraheem

assalaamualaikum sister.

Fatima gave you a good reply masha allah. We all are tested every now and then. It must be hard for you but remember times change. Allah says in the quran in surah Inshirah verse 5: So verily, with the hardship, there is relief.

Insha allah, it will get better for you. we will make dua (pray).

Allah loves you hence He has guided you and will continue to do so  insha allah. He is the best helper, best protector. Hold on to Him. while your tears flow during prayer, make supplication. He will answer you. No problem if you do not know arabic . Do you have the quran in english translation? do you have access to islamic books in english. Others may help you to find good books where you live .

You have us as friends, dont hesitate to contact any of us here. If you want we can tell you simple duas to recite, taken from the quran and from the prophet, peace be upon him.

wassalaam.

Allah is Sufficient as a Walee (Protector) and Allah is Sufficient as a Naseer (Helper).
(Surah An-Nisa, Chapter #4, Verse #45)
Aeri View Drop Down
Starter
Starter
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aeri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 April 2007 at 10:29am

Hi,

I am new too and in a similar situation.  Except I live in Canada.  Anyhow, It is nice to meet some other people similar to myself.

Aeri

on1on5 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote on1on5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 April 2007 at 12:26pm

Hello Charlene, welcome to the forum.

I think most people know what being lonely means. Most people have hard times in their lives. Some lose their job, some divorce, some others leave a very loved one to the lap of death.

The ones who don't experience this type of grief and sorrow once in their lives-if there is any- lack  a very important piece to complete their personality. These steps are actually crucial in building our view of life and our understanding of values.

Whenever life is like passing through a dark tunnel you find yourself lonely, you begin to feel sorry for yourself and discover once again how lonely you are, you start crying and you feel very sorry for yourself again to see how sad you are. This is a vicious cycle. The only way to overcome this, is to stop chasing the apsis and look upwards to the ordinate.

Allah is closer to you than anyone else, than yourself even. Allah knows how you will pass the test and find the light at the end of the tunnel. Allah will show you the way. I many times pray as "don't let me lose my hope, don't leave me alone" If Allah has leaved you then you would may be indifferent to everything or would go out to enjoy your life and forget about every bad thing; but certainly would not cry while praying. Is this not enough to tell you that Allah is with you?

Finally a practical advice will be planning- not suddenly but slowly -about daily life activities like sports or hobbies. Mosques  should not frighten you. What you see there when you go, is that you are just one of the very many human that Allah created. So simple but so important and valuable for Allah.

From now on many Muslim brothers and sisters are praying for you as you are praying for them. Allah will protect you, and give you your happiness back, this time with a precious wisdom in it.

charlene View Drop Down
Starter
Starter
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote charlene Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 April 2007 at 1:06pm

Wa lakum a salaam everyone

Thank you for all your caring advise and kind words. I know I need to get over the hurdle of going to the Mosque. I am always afraid to take the first step with anything I do in life. Once I take the first step I can go on my own. When I knew I wanted to become a Muslim, I had a friend take me to her Mosque and walk me through the door. Once in I felt free and I can stand proud.

Now I am in a new town and being a single woman I feel uncomfortable about going into the Mosque alone. I know if I had someone I new come with me I will be fine.

I know that Allah is with me all the time and holding my hand every step of the way. It seems like such a small step walking in the door, but for me it seems gigantic. I feel like an ant trying to open a door the size of an elephant. I know that sounds silly, but I am a very shy person. I feel like I am never going to me someone new in my life because I am always afraid to do things alone. I won't even go out to dinner by myself.

My friends at work (none Muslim) laugh at me because I will not do things alone. They tell me I am brainwashed. They never seemed to understand that I felt like a Muslim long before I ever became one. When I met my husband and started meeting his friends and learning about the culture and about Islam I felt comfortable right away. I knew then why I always felt different than family. I think I knew back then my life would be so different than the way it was growing up. My girlfriend in Kuwait tells me I am really Middle Eastern because from the day she met me I never seemed like an American.

As for Dua's to read, I would love some. I do have a Quran with translations in English. My ex-husband and I use to sit and read it together. He would read it in Arabic, I would read the English version then he would explain the meanings so I could understand, but that was quite a few years back before the marriage ended. 

abuzuhri View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abuzuhri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 April 2007 at 10:17am
My dearest charlene, let us brighten you up with many prayers
which we learned from maulana rumi, he said:

Dont grief if the world slip away and sorrow came
they are guests of God that bring fortitude and joys
Stand bow and sajda longer in your salat and munajat
until tears became your diamonds in His sight
He will bring you out of darkness into light

Learn and recite His Divine Words until it is yours
Rabbi habli hukman wa ahiqni bis-salihin
Allahu waliyul lazi amanu yukhriju minaz zulumati ilan nur
Anta Waliyyi fid Dunya wa Akhira wa tawaffani musliman

There are billions people outside there dont get this blessing of iman
everyday they running after money and work and enjoyment
our happiness are when we able to wash purify and face Qibla
Allahu akbar..Fatiha..then everything became small and gone
swirling and journeying into His vast mercy of Rahman and Rahim
answering the echo of 'Alastu bi-rabbikum and Irji ila Rabbiki
radhiyyatan mardhiyya.

Sometimes we envy the people of zen who can meditate for hours
in stillness and emptiness of being and at peace with existence
while we muslims agitated just for a few minutes of 5 prayers
why because our hearts are filled with dunya and fear of provision.

Fasting is the food of lovers and patience is fortress of certainty
shake the dry palm tree trunk and dates fell at maryam feets
See and wonder how Allah Taala honored the righteous women
How the mother of Moses forced to throw her baby to the river
and Siti Hajar with a young son were send into deep desert
...the rest of event is history that commemorated by more
than 2 millions believers in the rite of hajji pilgirmage

Make niyyat and doa to be there , insya Allah, my Charlene
will be there exhausted and totally overhelmed one day
beyond words, beyond intellect and beyond pictures.
Fasalamun ala man tabaal huda. Fastaqim kama umirtu.

abuzuhri shin
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic