IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Islam for non-Muslims
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Student Seeking Answers  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Student Seeking Answers

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Starter
Starter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote numberchomper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Student Seeking Answers
    Posted: 25 March 2007 at 11:17am

I am a college student doing research for a paper for my "Religions of the World" class. I found this website to be most informative. I do have a few questions; however, that are on a more personal basis than general. I was hoping someone would be kind enough to share their answers with me.

1) How has Islam changed your life?

2) What challenges, if any, do you face practicing Islam?

3) What is the ultimate goal of someone who practices Islam?

I appreciate any and all responses to my questions.

Arab View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Arab Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 March 2007 at 5:12pm

U are most welcome here.

To answer ur questions:

1) I dont feel like im lost in this life like many other people who do. Also I know that I can have a relationship with God one on One without having to go to someone who will speak to God for me etc and thats good.

2) Praise be to God, I dont have any.

3) Have a positive affect on humanity for the sake of God thus pleasing God thus entering heaven due to his good deeds.

amah View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2007 at 12:22am

Bismillahirrahmanirraheem

Assalaamualaikum

I am a college student doing research for a paper for my "Religions of the World" class. I found this website to be most informative. I do have a few questions; however, that are on a more personal basis than general. I was hoping someone would be kind enough to share their answers with me.

I have always been a Muslim so it hasn't "changed" me, but helped me improve continuously in every walf of life alhamdulillah.

Alhamdulillah, practicing Islam is not much a challenge. In fact Islam has been the answer to all my problems.

To please Allah....to win His Mercy and forgiveness.

Peace to you.
Allah is Sufficient as a Walee (Protector) and Allah is Sufficient as a Naseer (Helper).
(Surah An-Nisa, Chapter #4, Verse #45)
QheQ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote QheQ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2007 at 8:22am
Please check my new topic "Challenging Questions about Islam"

http://www.islamicity.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=9060&PN= 1

Thanks
number41 View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote number41 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2007 at 7:21pm

Welcome on board...

There is a beautiful paradox in Islam----ALLAH is the Lord and Creator, appearing to us so distant and powerful and yet ALLAH is very close to his creation. It is this closeness of ALLAH to His creations that we have to emphasize. One can cry and pray to ALLAH and ALLAH would listen.  The realization of the beauty of ISLAM for a Muslim with strong IMAN would not feel stressed as he would fully appreciate the ultimately his fate lies in ALLAH�s hand as there is no god but ALLAH.

To challenge and break free from stereotyping, in term of Mahzabs. For instance Muslims often compartmentalized each other into the various Mahzabs.  We should have the intellectual courage to challenge the conventional school of thoughts and to let our own perspective evolves over time. Especially in an age where information is so readily available through the various sources like the media and the internet.

To be able to take a different look at aqidah, moving beyond the literal understanding of the statements of believe. As a Muslim I find it is important to equally understand the literal, legalistic and spiritual aspects of Islam. After all, human beings are told to use their minds and think in at least 300 places in the Quran.

Hope this helps.

'When one bright intellect meets another bright intellect, the light increases and the Path becomes clear' � Rumi
fatima View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatima Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2007 at 11:46am

Bismillah irrahman irrahim

Assalamu alaykum

Originally posted by numberchomper numberchomper wrote:

I think it has made my life very simple. I know that everything i do is for sake of Allah subhanahu wa ta'ala so i put my all into it. Whatever the result i know that is what best for me because my Lord has written for me. So when i achieve something i know its from my Lord and it keeps my feet on ground and when i fail or suffer a loss i know this is best for me if i be patient in this. Thing is isalm has made me see the truth of this life, it is very short and reality is what awaits after it.

Challenges i suppose are exactly like anybody else's with the difference of how islam helps me deal with them. A sense of Someone who is able to do everything, watching over you, listening to you 24/7 is prety amazing. So you dont loose hope in hard situations and it always keeps you going.

Pleasure of our Most Mercifull Lord but also for everyone to see how Mercifull and Great our Lord is and come to Him and for the whole world to see the reality of islam.

Edited by fatima
Say: (O Muhammad) If you love Allah, then follow me, Allah will love you and forgive you your faults, and Allah is Forgiving, MercifuL
Farwa_Syeda View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Farwa_Syeda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 April 2007 at 4:11am

islam really use to change one's life if sumone iz having true understanding of sources of islam vich r Quran n Hadiths.Alhamdulilah i m a muslim by birth but islam wasnt part of my life as much as 2day.so i can feel the difference of both.practising islam iz really a source of having satisfaction.islam make me aware for my responsibilities 2wards my parents,family,neighbours,friends,muslim ummah n non believers.islam shows u lite to path vich leads 2wards path of our creator n vich iz having eternal success.

islam itself iznt a challenge to practise it.bcoz it iz the religin close to nature.there iznt any single principle of islam vich iz against of nature or mankind.its teachings can be against of anti social elements but not for an innocent n pious person.the biggest challenge of 2day iz media vich iz spreading mis information abt islam shamelessly.they r showing ronge picture of islam.they r trying to show islam as a scary thing vich iz not true at all.like they r misinterpreting the meaning of jihaad n quoting verses out of context regarding jihaad.may Allah crush His n His messenger's enemies if they dont deserve for hidaya.

To know Allah's will iz our gr8est treasure

To do Allah 's will iz our gr8est pleasure

success in life after death iz most inportant for muslims.

Salam(peace)

Islam is a way of life, try it. Islam is a gift, accept it.Islam is a goal, achieve it.Islam is not a game, don't play with it .Islam has a message for you, hear it. Islam is love, love it .
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic