IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Islam for non-Muslims
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - halal meat  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

halal meat

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doo-bop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: halal meat
    Posted: 24 March 2007 at 9:15am
Hello everyone.  Please give me a full, authoritative definition of halal meat, the means of slaughter, and all details of it.  Also, can muslims eat kosher, and if not, then what is the difference?  This is not for debate, but for my information only
Sign*Reader View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sign*Reader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2007 at 1:12am
Let me take shot at this!
The Halal meat means that the animal has to be of an accepted class.
It must not be bred with any alteration in hormones  or cloning process.
It is raised on the normal farm feed and not the factory processed feed which known to include other food industry's meat left overs.
It is free of any known disease.
It should be of certain age depending upon the type of animal.
It is slaughtered by a qualified individual with the call of Bismillah Allah o akbar.
Using a sharp knife is essential to in order to preclude any pain to the animal.
Make sure all blood is let out.
The Muslims can eat Kosher as long as there is no known objection to a particular product is discovered.

Kismet Domino: Faith/Courage/Liberty/Abundance/Selfishness/Immorality/Apathy/Bondage or extinction.
silviafaria View Drop Down
Starter.
Starter.
Muslim
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote silviafaria Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2020 at 1:15am
Halal is Arabic for permissible. Halal food is that which adheres to Islamic law, as defined in the Koran. The Islamic form of slaughtering animals or poultry

ecallica View Drop Down
Starter.
Starter.
Male islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ecallica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 December 2021 at 11:36am
Of course a Muslim must eat halal food.
Then every slaughtered animal must be carried out in the name of Allah, otherwise the slaughtered animal is unlawful

Quranic evidence : surah almaidah verse 3

Prohibited for you are: carrion, blood, the flesh of swine, and those upon which (a name) other than that of Allah has been invoked (at the time of slaughter), animal killed by strangulation, or killed by a blow, or by a fall, or by goring, or that which is eaten by a beast unless you have properly slaughtered it; and that which has been slaughtered before the idols, and that you determine shares through the arrows. (All of) this is sin. Today those who disbelieve have lost all hope of (damaging) your faith. So, do not fear them, and fear Me. Today, I have perfected your religion for you, and have completed My blessing upon you, and chosen Islam as Dīn (religion and a way of life) for you. But whoever is compelled by extreme hunger, having no inclination towards sin, then Allah is Most-Forgiving, Very-Merciful.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic