IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Politics > World Politics
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - disturbing trend  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

disturbing trend

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Starter
Starter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ether Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: disturbing trend
    Posted: 19 March 2007 at 10:23am

"More recently, as I�ve found the continuing dominance of super-string theory in particle physics taking on an increasingly disturbing aspect, I�ve been engaged in two different projects to draw wider attention to this problem. The first is the current book, which I started writing in 2002. the second is a web-log, begun early in 2004, where I have been posting information about topics in mathematics and physics that I think others might find interesting, including a lot of critical material about the latest developments in super-string theory. These two projects have generated significantly more negative reaction than my earlier article, undoubtedly because they have been more difficult to ignore�..

The web-log includes a comment section, and some super-string theorists have chosen to use this to attack me personally, responding to some of my specific scientific criticisms of super-string theory by attacking me as an ignorant incompetent. One of the more excitable of such enthusiasts, a Harvard faculty member, even at one point used this comment section to express the opinion that those who criticised the funding of super-string theory were terrorists who deserved to be eliminated by the United States military. I�m afraid he seemed to be serious about this."

Exert taken from the book entitled � Not Even Wrong (The failure of string theory and the continuing challenge to unify the laws of physics), by Peter Woit � 2006

The above exert is an example of the disturbing trend that manifests itself as the desire to eliminate all that oppose one�s opinions, irrespective of whether those opinions are based on sound foundations, or not, as is the case is with the lack of experimental evidence to support super-string theory, or indeed (in a social context) the lack of evidence to support the view that the removal of morality from society and replacing it with indulgence (the capitalist - producer consumer system) leads to a better world for all.  

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic