IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Reviews - Media > Books, Newspapers & Magazines
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Walk on Water - The Wisdom of Jesus  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Walk on Water - The Wisdom of Jesus

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Murabit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Walk on Water - The Wisdom of Jesus
    Posted: 05 March 2007 at 2:38am
Walk on Water - The Wisdom of Jesus

By Shaykh Hamza Yusuf

The following sayings of Jesus, peace be upon him, from traditional Arabic sources are excerpted from Walk on Water, a forthcoming book by Shaykh Hamza Yusuf:

According to Ahmad, Jesus, peace be upon him, was known to have said, �Virtuous action does not consist in doing good to someone who has done good to you�that is merely returning a favor. Virtuous action consists in doing good to those who have wronged you.� (Ahmad)

According to Malik b. Anas, Jesus, the son of Mary, peace be upon him, said, �Do not speak much without remembering God, for by doing so, you harden your hearts. Surely a hard heart is distant from God though you are unaware. Do not, like lords, look at the faults of others. Rather, like servants, look at your own faults. In truth, humanity is comprised of only two types, the afflicted and the sound. So show mercy to the afflicted, and praise God for well-being.� (Muwatta� of Malik)

Read the entire article from Seasons Journal [PDF]
"I am a slave. I eat as a slave eats and I sit as a slave sits.", Beloved, sallallahu alyhi wa-sallam.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic