IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Islam for non-Muslims
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Isha Prayer--Witr  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Isha Prayer--Witr

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Knowledge01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 March 2007 at 11:56am
Originally posted by senekerk senekerk wrote:

�

Knowledge01 wrote

Since you have not reverted to Islam yet, you should only be studying the meaning of "la ilaha illa Allah wa anna Muhammadur Rasulullah". �You study the five pillars of islam and learn how to pray after you have said your shahadah.

My dear brother, I see nothing wrong with study all of Islam� prior to reverting.� If I am going to make that major of� a decision in my life that will affect everything and everyone around me I want to know all there is to know.� I suppose since I have prayed the Salat with my video several times and I have prayed theTashahud I am a Muslim, but that is not official yet.

Brother, you can never know everything about Islam. �Knowledge is a lifelong journey.

In Islam there are steps, the first step is know iman (faith) which the first level of iman is "la ilaha illa Allah wa anna Muhammadur rasulullah". �Once you complete this step, you should say shahadah to make it official with Allah because none of us know when we will die and even if you never pray one rakaah but you said shahadah, that is better than studying for a lifetime and never saying shahadah.
senekerk View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote senekerk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 March 2007 at 12:35pm
I am a sister no offense taken
Kay
Knowledge01 View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Knowledge01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 March 2007 at 12:41pm
My apologies.
Sign*Reader View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sign*Reader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 March 2007 at 11:46pm

Let me see if I can understand":

The first Rakah would be fard.

No- the whole set would be Fard prayer whether, it is Fajr's 2, Maghrib's 3, or 4 rakahs for the other 3 prayers.

This includes the Niyyah,the Takbir,and the Qiaah Then repeat the Takbir, place hands on knees recite Subhanna rabbiy al azeem, then Sami allaahliman hamidah. Then perform Sujid.

You repeat this and after the second prostration in Sujid you recite the Tashahhud, then Taslim

OK
Sister Kay have you done this after doing the wudhu?
Now  the sunnah set will be next but keep on hold for now. Take the baby steps for now. Master the compulsory set as foundation first.

Kismet Domino: Faith/Courage/Liberty/Abundance/Selfishness/Immorality/Apathy/Bondage or extinction.
senekerk View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote senekerk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 March 2007 at 3:36am
Yes I have done wudu, I am going to just concentrate on one prayer right now that being Fajr until i understand. Thank you all for the help

Edited by senekerk
Kay
senekerk View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote senekerk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 March 2007 at 3:41pm

As Salaam everyone,

My friend and sister explained to me Salah. and i was gifted a prayer rug. Going to begin classes  on Islam this coming Sunday. I am excited

Kay
rami View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rami Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2007 at 7:43pm
Bi ismillahir rahmanir raheem

Sister its good to learn about such things but dont push your self when it comes to practicing them. First concentrate on doing what is fard then the sunnah for each of the fard. Do them at a pace you are comfortable with and dont let anyone push you, once you are at ease and not really struggling to maintain the effort then move on to other prayers.

Dont worry to much about the madhhabs you pretty much have to be a lawyer to completely understand exactly why there are four, but having said that it is not beyond the understanding of a person who has the basics of Islam down and an average intelligence.

if you like pm me any questions you may have or post them on this forum and inshall i would be glad to help.

Edited by rami
Rasul Allah (sallah llahu alaihi wa sallam) said: "Whoever knows himself, knows his Lord" and whoever knows his Lord has been given His gnosis and nearness.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic