IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Islam for non-Muslims
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Wudu & Ghusl  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Wudu & Ghusl

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote senekerk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Wudu & Ghusl
    Posted: 21 February 2007 at 11:51am

As Salaam

I know before you do Salat you may be clean.  I understand what Wudu is.  My question deals with something I read that you must do a full body wash if you have been to the bathroom before you do Salat.  If that is true how do you manage this at work????

Kay
Arab View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Arab Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 February 2007 at 4:21pm

Salam Alaikom Kay. How are you doing?

The full body wash is only after doing something sexual either by yourself or with your husband, thats when you should shower or take a bath. If you just go to the bathroom then you should just perform wudu no bath is needed. But i think womans wudu is a bit different then mens so hopefully a sister can help u out a bit more.

As for how we manage, lol, I guess we just do. There once was a Muslim student studying at college and he was at the bathroom doing wudu and he was washing his feet in the sink and a proffessor walked in and started shouting at him for washing his feet in the sink and told him dont you know that we was our faces with this?! And the guy just looked at him and asked him, how many times do you wash your face a day? And the professor said twice. The Muslim said, I wash my feet five times a day =p

senekerk View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote senekerk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 February 2007 at 8:34pm

As Salaam.

That is a funny story  thanks for the clarification.

I am doing well thank you for asking

Kay
senekerk View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote senekerk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 February 2007 at 8:35pm

Arab,

so if you are going to college, or working how and where do you take time to do Salat?  I don't know how to juggle all of that.  it seems like american way of life is so fast paced that unless you had very understanding bosses you would not be able to preform Salat.  How do you manage???

Edited by senekerk
Kay
Sadija View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sadija Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2007 at 2:10am

Salaam

To answer your question sis a female has no way diffrent that man for wudu. Its only Salat is different (if you want to know the female way fo salaat just ask I'll reply)

As for Arab Im also working full time and its tough to say namaaz when the 'american modernisation' are here in SA as well. Its taking over everywhere.

Like yesterday I was saying Zohr and a christian man didn't know i was praying (they don't know even) and locked me into the room.  I tried to open the door with a knife (cause it was in the kitchen) I got cuts all over my hand.  Its a weird office i got. You have to go throught the bathroom to get the kitchen and he was locking the bathroom door and went out at another door and forgot to open the one that leads to the kitchen.

I heard he is locking but didn't want to break my namaaz to tell him im in there.  He left and came back after a hour.  I was almost dead.

Thats what I will do for Allah.

Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success. If you love what you are doing , you will be successfull
amah View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2007 at 9:14am

Bismillahirrahmanirraheem

Assalaamualaikum

Sister Sadija, the salah of women is same as salah of men. No where in any hadeeth will you find any differentiation.

Allah knows best, Wassalaam.

Allah is Sufficient as a Walee (Protector) and Allah is Sufficient as a Naseer (Helper).
(Surah An-Nisa, Chapter #4, Verse #45)
Arab View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Arab Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2007 at 4:48pm
Well people understand in Muslim countries no one says anything cause the majority go to pray so the boss goes the teacher goes and almost everyone so its much easier I guess then the states. If I cant, I pray as soon as I can.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic