IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Arabic Language
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Arabic the language of JENNA(Paradise)  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Arabic the language of JENNA(Paradise)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tara Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2007 at 6:20pm

Salaam Alaykum,

My name is Tara and I am a revert. The brother is true Jannah is paradise perhaps it was a typo...eeror we all make mistakes. What I have learned and mastered in learning arabic is it opens the Qu'ran to me when I learned the first seven verses in Arabic and English it was a great feeling of accomplishment. It appears complex but learning arabic enforces the true meaning that I believe can be lost in translation. Rabb Lord kifar nonbeliever and simple words have strong meanings in Qu'ranic Arabic and is a duty to learn. The language of our beloved prophet could not read or write but when JIbrail said proclaim..he overcame his inabilities as an unlearned man and recited the words of our Creator Allah S.W.T in arabic and encouraged higher learning. If you love something strongly enough the desire to learn our prophets PBUH native language into our beloved Quran in which never one word was changed for this reason. Making an effort to learn even basic words or the al fatiha and some short sunnahs will leve you with a deeper connection and a feling of accomplishment. Progress not perfection.

UmmTaaha View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UmmTaaha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 September 2007 at 9:59pm

Bismillah hir Rahman ir Rahim

Jannah means garden. In Quran it is refered to as paradise, but there are verses where the meaning is not paradise. Ex. in Surah Kahf, in the story of the man with two gardens, it is mentioned as jannatain - and all through the story, his gardens are mentioned as Jannah.

Would anyone please give reference to the hadith mentioned in former posts, jazak allahu khair.

As for the argument between equality and chosen ... its is a matter of faith.

Rasul allah sallallahu alaihe wasallam is mentioned as Al- Mustafa - the chosen one. Why, not any other prophet is mentioned by this name, when we have many prophets mentioned by different names?

Allah chose Islam as the final religion, and He chose Muhammad sallallahu alaihi wasallam as the last prophet, and He chose Arabic as the language of the quran. There is no denying in any of this.

The bottom line however is to understand the wisdom behind all of this chosing. And the ultimate goal for anyone should be to aim for  paradise, since the life of eternity is forever - its proportion with the little number of years we spend here is very, very huge.

Adab with Allah is the proper fruit of obedience - Habib Ali Jifri
sulooni View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sulooni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2007 at 1:09pm
www.insight-info.com/forum/default
JannatulFirdaws View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JannatulFirdaws Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2007 at 4:36pm

Assalamu Alaikum wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakatuh

Dear Members,

I would like to share this link if you're not familiar to this one http://www.islam-qa.com/index.php?ref=83262&ln=eng&t xt=language+of+prophet+adam

in regards to the question of Arabic- is it the language in Paradise?

Well, to be sure enough its better to ask the knowledgeable regarding this matter, than posting an answer by our own opinion without solid bases. (Quran and Sunnah of the Prophet Muhammad peace be upon him)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic