IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Introduction: Who am I?
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Greetings!  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Greetings!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Starter
Starter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yessar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2007 at 11:48am

hello jerry and welcome. May Allah guide you to the right path.

Learn about Prophet Muhammed life and his companions and things will become more apparent.

amah View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 January 2007 at 5:24am

Assalaam Alaikum

Welcome to the forum Seeker of Truth. Please excuse the delays in replies.

I pray Allah helps you find the truth you are seeking. Hope you have a nice time here.

Wassalaam.

Allah is Sufficient as a Walee (Protector) and Allah is Sufficient as a Naseer (Helper).
(Surah An-Nisa, Chapter #4, Verse #45)
Seeker of Truth View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Seeker of Truth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 January 2007 at 2:47pm

Thanks Yessar and Amah for the welcomes..Im glad to be here and wish to learn all I can..God Willing!

Naharillahaqq View Drop Down
Starter
Starter
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Naharillahaqq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 January 2007 at 7:12pm
aAsylum alykum Dear finder of truth

Firstly I would like to thank and praise Allah (swt) for choosing his faith for you brother  JERRY  . Secondly feel free to  take the  next step  to make prayers to Allah (swt)to guide you to choose a suitable muslim first name for your self ; and yes  you  can keep your last name .furthemore  I believe  that you are also  aware of  that  a muslim always seeks the truth through the Quran  and  the beloved  Prophet Muhammad's (peace be upon him)  actions (aka sunnah); moreover, from my understanding a masjid is a distance from your area ; feel free to take charge and creat your own masjid it could be in you basement or your living room  ; even if its on fridays its a good start. Continue praying to Allah (swt) to lead your mind heart and spirit to Allah (swt) and assit those who are also seeking the same truth . May Allah (swt)  bless  you .
asalm alykum .
Seeker of Truth View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Seeker of Truth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 January 2007 at 10:18am

Originally posted by Naharillahaqq Naharillahaqq wrote:

aAsylum alykum Dear finder of truth

Firstly I would like to thank and praise Allah (swt) for choosing his faith for you brother  JERRY  . Secondly feel free to  take the  next step  to make prayers to Allah (swt)to guide you to choose a suitable muslim first name for your self ; and yes  you  can keep your last name .furthemore  I believe  that you are also  aware of  that  a muslim always seeks the truth through the Quran  and  the beloved  Prophet Muhammad's (peace be upon him)  actions (aka sunnah); moreover, from my understanding a masjid is a distance from your area ; feel free to take charge and creat your own masjid it could be in you basement or your living room  ; even if its on fridays its a good start. Continue praying to Allah (swt) to lead your mind heart and spirit to Allah (swt) and assit those who are also seeking the same truth . May Allah (swt)  bless  you .
asalm alykum .

Salaams!

Thank you for the welcome and the advice..

Peace

Jerry

on1on5 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote on1on5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 February 2007 at 10:28am

Hello everyone,

I didn't realize that Shia and Sunnah are taken as a dichotomous branching of Islam by the newcomers until I encountered the repeated questions from the ones who are intested in the religion. I guess most Muslims here-like me-are from the Sunnea division. Hope Allah forgives me since I used the word "division" because Islam cannot and should not be divided into parts. Maybe we can perceive or understand these words as two different political approaches in Islamic history or two different social perspectives.

As my friends here I will repeat the basic rule in Islam is to trust in the holly Kuran and its advices about following the route of the prophet Muhammed. Beyond this perspectives and mental experiences are as many as the number of human created. All muslims love Ali, all muslims believe that Muhammed is the one chosen by Allah as the pioneer and ideal model for the believers. You don't have to choose anything. Beileve in Kuran follow the prophet Muhammed and walk through the right path.

Aboo Yacob View Drop Down
Starter
Starter
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aboo Yacob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 February 2007 at 6:59pm
I ask Allah to guide you, and wish that these resources will prove as a help if you wish to read further on Islaam:

http://www.islam-qa.com/index.php?ln=eng
Topic: Question and Answer, over maybe 100,000 answers on this website, and also very reliable done by a Scholar who studied many years, May Allah reward him.

http://www.islam-guide.com/ Topic: The Scientific Miracles of the Qur'aan and also the fundamentals of Islaam, along with various other interesting topics, written by Scientists who converted to Islaam

http://www.islambasics.com/view.php?bkID=47&chapter=1
Topic: The Amazing Qur'aan, talks about numerous aspects of the Qur'aan, and brings more then sufficient proof to remove doubt from our hearts that it is The Word of God, untainted.

http://thetruereligion.org/modules/xfsection/
Topic: Converts or 'Reverts' to Islaam, over 200 different testimonials, many by Christian Priests, Ministers, or Missionary's, also a large section of women reverts, men reverts, and others whois reversion was shown on the news, beautiful website, takes a little patience though as it requires reading, but then again when your searching for something so great then a little time and effort is worth it. [And i hope Allah Guides you to that Path, The Straight Path]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BOlLI1rre2U
Short Video of a Revert, given in front of an audience

I ask Allah to forgive any errors i had in my speech, and apologize for the long post, bad habit of mine.

Edited by Aboo Yacob
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic