IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Introduction: Who am I?
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Assalamu’Alaikum  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Assalamu�Alaikum

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote USA-NIQAABI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Assalamu�Alaikum
    Posted: 11 January 2007 at 6:20am

Assalamu'Alaikum,

Insha'Allah this reaches everyone in the best of Imaan.

I'm pretty new here and never came over to this section so I thought I would just to say "Assalamu'Alaikum" and nice to meet you all!

I'm a wife and mother a convert/revert whatever you choose to call it. In the Quran it says that we are all born muslim so I guess even though I took Shahadah as an adult that would make me a revert.

We live in the USA...I'm a niqaabi and very happy being one. Very much at peace with it. I always wore long Khimars the slip over kind so easy with kids on the go. Than I wanted to wear niqab and honestly, I get the same looks and responses I did with the long khimar as I do with niqab so there's no big surprises there. The only thing and I'm sure sr's can relate is with the niqab I feel more protected and also have branched out to some different colors for niqab/khimar and it's nice I don't know why but before I wore niqab I only ever would wear black or navy blue...I love beige and browns and offwhites and whites, grays, etc....Alhamdulillah!

I love to garden and in my free time I clear large parcels of yard and just plant wildflowers in the spring...SubhonAllah they are a daily reminder of Allahs(swt) greatness no two flowers are ever the same and yet all grow together and thrive in peace and tranquility....that and they look really pretty...too!

I also have a large vegetable patch seeing that my husband grew up on a farm we always grow loads of veggies and I can or freeze them for the long cold winters....

Alhamdulillah I have 4 kids and Insha'Allah next year if we can save enough money we will send them to full time Hifz + Academic studies at our masjid... and Insha'Allah we are saving for Hajj too so that will be the best of all if we can afford the whole family to go...I have to get all or our passports current this spring to meet Saudia's rules on that for Hajj....

Well it's nice meeting you all and I hope Insha'Allah to get to know everyone better in the future.

Edited by USA-NIQAABI
on1on5 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote on1on5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2007 at 9:42am

Ve alaikum salam

welcome to the forum. Nobody greeted me when I sent a "Hello" message. So I know how dissapointing it is when no one replies you. That is why I wanted to say hello to you.

nice to meet you too.

hat2010 View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hat2010 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2007 at 2:37am
wa alikoom salaam USA-NIQAABI wa rahmatoolahi wa barakatoohoo
seekshidayath View Drop Down
Female Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seekshidayath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2007 at 5:05am

As'salamualaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu,

Masha-allah sister, felt happy to  know your thoughts regarding educating your children and your trials for performing Hajj. May Allah ta'ala reward your intentions too. Ameen.

Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: �All the descendants of Adam are sinners, and the best of sinners are those who repent."
peacemaker View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peacemaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 January 2007 at 5:12am
Originally posted by USA-NIQAABI USA-NIQAABI wrote:

Assalamu'Alaikum,

Insha'Allah this reaches everyone in the best of Imaan.

I'm pretty new here and never came over to this section so I thought I would just to say "Assalamu'Alaikum" and nice to meet you all!

I'm a wife and mother a convert/revert whatever you choose to call it. In the Quran it says that we are all born muslim so I guess even though I took Shahadah as an adult that would make me a revert.

We live in the USA...I'm a niqaabi and very happy being one. Very much at peace with it. I always wore long Khimars the slip over kind so easy with kids on the go. Than I wanted to wear niqab and honestly, I get the same looks and responses I did with the long khimar as I do with niqab so there's no big surprises there. The only thing and I'm sure sr's can relate is with the niqab I feel more protected and also have branched out to some different colors for niqab/khimar and it's nice I don't know why but before I wore niqab I only ever would wear black or navy blue...I love beige and browns and offwhites and whites, grays, etc....Alhamdulillah!

I love to garden and in my free time I clear large parcels of yard and just plant wildflowers in the spring...SubhonAllah they are a daily reminder of Allahs(swt) greatness no two flowers are ever the same and yet all grow together and thrive in peace and tranquility....that and they look really pretty...too!

I also have a large vegetable patch seeing that my husband grew up on a farm we always grow loads of veggies and I can or freeze them for the long cold winters....

Alhamdulillah I have 4 kids and Insha'Allah next year if we can save enough money we will send them to full time Hifz + Academic studies at our masjid... and Insha'Allah we are saving for Hajj too so that will be the best of all if we can afford the whole family to go...I have to get all or our passports current this spring to meet Saudia's rules on that for Hajj....

Well it's nice meeting you all and I hope Insha'Allah to get to know everyone better in the future.

Assalamu Alaikum,

Jazak Allah Khair, Sister.  

May Allah guide us all.

Peace

Then which of the favours of your Lord will ye deny?
Qur'an 55:13
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic