IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Basics of Islam
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - about tareeqah muhammadiyah  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

about tareeqah muhammadiyah

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suleyman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2005 at 9:25pm

Originally posted by fanaofallah fanaofallah wrote:

which brother's site - zikr - r u referring to yours or what bro?

???,your site;the audios in your site,your site does not mean that you have established it;your site you are referring to us,aren't you from Zawiyah?;also don't you a brother?...i am too old for these kinds of conversations

Edited by Suleyman
rami View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rami Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2005 at 10:10pm
Bi ismillahir rahmanir raheem

I dont know if you missed my question but i will repeat it again just in case.

Why is the tariqah called "tariqah muhamadiyah" most/all tariqah's are named after the respected wali of allah who established the tariqah.

your explenation in the first post is not why it is called that but a defenition of the name.

Rasul Allah (sallah llahu alaihi wa sallam) said: "Whoever knows himself, knows his Lord" and whoever knows his Lord has been given His gnosis and nearness.
fanaofallah View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fanaofallah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2005 at 8:56am

assalamualicum my dearest brother in islam i am sorry that i did not answer your request before, as i forgot please forgive me for my short commings, Brother before i start i must say that this is a brief attempt to explain why it is called tareeqah muhammadiyah, if you would like more information then use the website (www.zawiyah.org) to ask this question and inshallah you will get a more detailed answer why this tareeqah is called TAREEQAH MUHAMMADIYAH.

yes you wanted to know why our tareeqah was named tareeqah muhammadiyah well there are two reasons for this, firstly the blessed founder of the tariq as mentioned above syyidina Abdul azeez dabbagh (r.a) who was a decendent of the prophet (sallahualihiwasallam). he llived and died in the blessed city of fez, moroco (magrib) the tareeqah is named after the peophet (Sallahualihiwasallam) becasue unlike other tareeqahs the shaykh (may Allah (swt) bless his soul), thought it was inappropriate for people to know him, he regarded that it was not important for people to know who he was, as he SAW himself as the scum of the earth not giving any honour,dignity, importance and fame to himself, he put the importance that people know more about the prophet (SALLAHUALIHIWASALLAM), HE WAS TRYIG TO HUMBLE HIMSELF AS MUCH AS HE COULD, trying to act upon humility, as im sure you must have come across people who try to humble themselves infront of allah (swt) that they think they are worset creations  because they have a lot of fear of Allah (Swt). like im sure you know about Hazrat Abu Bakr (r.a) who used to say when he saw birds flying past that " i wish abu bakr was a bird like you because you live and eat in the knigdom of Allah (swt) and you have no reconing on the day when childerns hair will turn grey (day of judgement)"  - subhan allah! so in the similar situation siyydina abdul azeez dabbagh used to do the same things and think like that. i am not saying that other tareeqahs which were named after their founder wrong its just that with siyyduna abdul azeez dabbagh was very sweet and humble by nature and he liked not to be known by people so that he could live a simply and normal life like the characteristics of the prophet (sallahualihiwasaalam) thats why you will see that their are not many books written by him or not many people know him, but one book does exists which was written by his strudent - shaykh mubarak the book is entitled al ibris in their most of the teaching of his are mentioned.

secondly the other reason is that this tareeqah named this because the blessing and barakas come straight form prophet (sallahuailhiwasallam), and the other main factor is that the ultimate aim of the tareeqah is to become full embodyment of the sunnah of the messenger of Allah (swt) form sleeping the sunnah way to eating dressing etc... as the prophet (sallahualihiwasallam) said to the nearest meaning "who ever practices one sunnah of mine at the time of fitnah and near the end of time then the reward will be of 50 to 70 matyrs) and as we are fully aware that before a matyr's one drop of blood falls on the battle ground he is shown Jannah)!

i hope i was able to at least attempt in fulling your thirst my brother in islam

and you aslo wanted to know why my user name was fana - of - allah well, it means that one is extint in allah what this means is extint in the love of allah (swt), these are terminologies which you might not have come across they are used in thasauwuff, here it does not necessarly mean that one is extint in the love only but it means that his love for allah (swt0 is manifested by his action, words, and activities, that he is not lazy in carrying out he commands of allah(swt). i am only trying to become this.

if i was unable to answer you question then please let me know.

fanaofallah View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fanaofallah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2005 at 12:47pm

brother i think it will be better if i did not do that because, people who want to now more information about the course of self purification can go to the site, which can be accessed from the confort of their seats, if people cant even do that then it just shows that they are not interested and do not want to know what it is otherwise they would take steps in finding out, "people dont go to school or colleges because they have to its because they want to" similarly if people want to find out more about the course of self purification which is free of charge then they can go to the site! other wise i will be spoon feeding people trying to 'sell' it more than 'informing' brothers and sisters about the course of self purification.

i do not purifiy people i am only doing this course of self purification,i will once again for the sake of my beloved brother suleyman the link again, this course can be viewed on the following website www.zawiyah.org where the course of self purification is fully outlined with diagrams, and if you want furthur information then you simply let them know that you are interested using the contacts button.
the only reason i am letting people know is because i am benefiting from this, and i thought others will also want to know about this very interesting and practical course of self purification, as the prophet (sallahualihiwasallam) said: to the nearest meaning if you give something in charity then give something which is dear to you (something you love) to the other person not something you want to throw away!

masaallma

rami View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rami Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2005 at 2:37am
Bi ismillahir rahmanir raheem

assalamu alaikum

jazak allah kahir for your answer.
Rasul Allah (sallah llahu alaihi wa sallam) said: "Whoever knows himself, knows his Lord" and whoever knows his Lord has been given His gnosis and nearness.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic