IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Groups : Women (Sisters)
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Peace, Patience, Purpose  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Peace, Patience, Purpose

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hayfa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 December 2006 at 11:30am

Well smile sweetly and change the subject..

People can be so busy-body!  Honestly some of these things are labels.. it is what your beliefs in your heart and mind. No one else can say what you are or are not.

When you do things from your soul, you feel a river moving in you, a joy. Rumi
Mona45 View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mona45 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 December 2006 at 12:14pm
Originally posted by Hayfa Hayfa wrote:

Well smile sweetly and change the subject..

People can be so busy-body!  Honestly some of these things are labels.. it is what your beliefs in your heart and mind. No one else can say what you are or are not.

Thank you. You are exactly correct. I knew that when they said that to me,that they were doing their best to try to insult me. To try to put me on the defensive. Instead of trying to satisfy them,I,in the end,did what you said I should do.(The exchange happened in a letter,so I thankfully had time to either respond,or to ignore and move onto another subject.) Thank you sister.
niqab_ummi View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote niqab_ummi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 December 2006 at 1:34pm

Assalamu'Alaikum Dear Sisters &Sister mona45,

I wanted to respond to the comment that was made to you about not being strong in the christian faith before you converted.....

I've been a muslimah for 18 almost 19 years and I've heard my share of less than friendly comments as well and this is exactly what I say maybe it'll work for you just remember to use a soft, calm, sweet tone when you say it and smile and be genuine and you'll leave the person baffeled beyond belief it really works here goes:

"Alhamdulillah, how wise you are to know that Allah makes us all muslims in our mothers womb and it is our parents that pick and choose our faith for whatever intentions and upbringing they've had....I'm so happy you understand that...Mash'Allah...peace and blessings to you and Alhamdulillah, that Allah opened my heart and guided me back to the one true belief in "One God"....(recite shahada)...May you be as blessed as I have.......Thank You for sharing your opinions with me today...(smile)

and walk away with their jaws dropped....knowing that you've given your dawah for today......

MasSalaama

Umm Abdelkhalek
UmmAminata View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UmmAminata Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 December 2006 at 11:35am

Salaam Mona

If some jacko whacko said that to me I'd say something along the lines of " Thank God, there is no real Christanity."

Salaam

Mrs. Dia
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic