IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Introduction: Who am I?
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - What exactly do I need to do to convert?  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What exactly do I need to do to convert?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Starter
Starter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oregonbagpiper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What exactly do I need to do to convert?
    Posted: 08 November 2006 at 3:41pm
Halo all,

If I were to convert to Islam, how would I do so at islamicity.com?

Regards,

Oregonbagpiper
Redneck View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Redneck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 November 2006 at 5:53pm

Peace,

To convert to Islam a person should testify by saying these words:

"I testify there no God worthy of worship but the One True God(Allah) and I testify that Muhammad is the messenger and slave of God"

And then say the best you can in arabic Ash hadu allah illaha illalh illah ahshadu annan muhammadin rasoolu-llah.

It's best if you can find another Muslim to help you with this if only by phone. Im not sure if this website has a hot line phone number you can call or not. If not call 1-877-whyIslam and you can take your shahadah there. 

Edited by Redneck
Redneck View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Redneck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 November 2006 at 6:23pm

Peace,

I dont see a phone number anywhere on this site.

Dont forget to check your local telephone directory too.

mariyah View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mariyah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 November 2006 at 7:19pm
Originally posted by Redneck Redneck wrote:

Peace,

To convert to Islam a person should testify by saying these words:

"I testify there no God worthy of worship but the One True God(Allah) and I testify that Muhammad is the messenger and slave of God"

And then say the best you can in arabic Ash hadu allah illaha illalh illah ahshadu annan muhammadin rasoolu-llah.

It's best if you can find another Muslim to help you with this if only by phone. Im not sure if this website has a hot line phone number you can call or not. If not call 1-877-whyIslam and you can take your shahadah there. 

The phone number to Islamicity is 1-310-642-0006;

Call them, if they can't do it right away, they will call you back within 24-48 hours. people do shahada nearly daily on IC.

Welcome to the family!

Allehu Akbar!

"Every good deed is charity whether you come to your brother's assistance or just greet him with a smile.
islam06 View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote islam06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2006 at 5:22am

ooh how helpful

cheers

valemmori View Drop Down
Starter
Starter
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote valemmori Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2006 at 10:11am

Salam wa laikem,

Hi my name is Valentina. I was introduced to the Muslim religion and really became interested in my heart to convert about 4 mnths ago. I live in the South so I am not around any other Muslims or have means of educating myself besides what few books I have and I try to research on the internet if I get the chance. I just want to know what all do you have to do til you can consider yourself Muslim. I am learing to speak Arabic, I just found a Mosque out today that there is a Mosque here in the town I work. I am shy upon what to do, I dont know wether to go, but I feel uncomfortable because I am not Muslim and dont dress or know anything about praying yet and such. Do you have to know how to pray, speak Arabic, dress, what before you can consider yourself a true convert?

I would appreciate your replies. My Salama

Abeer23 View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abeer23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2006 at 11:04pm

Hi Valemmori,

Speaking Arabic is not a requirement for being Muslim.  Believe it or not, many Muslims don't speak Arabic.  Since you are not yet Muslim, you do not have the obligation of praying, or anything else for that matter.  You are free to visit your local mosque; I'm sure you'll find someone there willing to answer any questions you may have (feel free to ask questions here too).  If you're going to enter the mosque, you do need to dress properly.  Make sure your body is covered (no short, tight, or sheer clothing).  Other than that, you're good to go.

Peace

ysimjee View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ysimjee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2006 at 12:28am

In order for someone to convert you must believe that there is only one God and tha Muhammed (saw) is his messenger.

You read the Kalimah of Faith and then they give Azaan in your ears.

My advise, seek a Moulana (priest, for men) and n Alima (for woman).  Just ask around, inshallah you will find the right person to help you.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic