IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Regional > Asia-Pacific
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Australian PM condemns sheik’s sermon  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Australian PM condemns sheik’s sermon

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote herjihad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2006 at 2:48am
Originally posted by candid candid wrote:

Okay, I admit I used harsh language. That is because I don't like Angel's attitude here. This is an Islamic forum. I don't like non-muslims to question Islam or Muslims here. I don't think that is unfair because no one is preventing non-muslims from doing that in their own forum or some other forum of their choice. Muslims come here to discuss their religious issues. Muslims don't come here to be insulted or provoked. Non-Muslims are welcome here if they come here to learn about Islam or meaningfully discuss about Islamic issues as Duende and Angela do.

That does not mean that they have to agree to everything what Muslims say; but, atleast they can be silent if they can't help provoking or insulting us. If they disagree with us they should not insult us.

Salaams and Bismillah,

Thanks for admitting that you were unduly harsh, Brother.  Please continue to think about the comments Brother Sign*reader and I made here and read the section where we discussed this issue before on this site.

Angel may become a better Muslim than any of us one day.  Allah, The All-knowing has this in His hands.  But I do agree that the moderators job should be to protect Muslims from senseless villification on this site.  As an attitude of respect towards each other should be engenedered and encouraged as well.   It's a volunteer job.  They do the best they can.

Al-Hamdulillah (From a Married Muslimah) La Howla Wa La Quwata Illa BiLLah - There is no Effort or Power except with Allah's Will.
Sign*Reader View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sign*Reader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2006 at 2:11pm

Originally posted by Sign*Reader Sign*Reader wrote:

Originally posted by Angel Angel wrote:

Oh, Candid, get lost.  Nobody here agrees with what you said. 

And I don't care, what you think. If you agree with me good for you. Otherwise, its your problem.

BTW, if no one disagrees with what the other says, then perhaps we don't need a discussion forum.

wow  your attitude is really something  

You should care Candid but i guess you don't, I guess you don't care what kind of projection you put onto islam and muslims, you want people to know what islam is, well i hope they do not learn from you. 

Really?? Well, there are certain values which we cannot compromise upon irrespective of what you think of us. I think Muslim should stop caring about what others say and do what they think is right. If we need to make changes we should do it independently of what others tell us to do. No amount of a  appeasement or compromises can satisfy the non-muslims until we foresake our religion.

What certain values ? be more specific--we(who R we) you are talking about? If you are speaking for a group you need to say which one, so your authority is weighted & recognized accordingly. If you are speaking for yourself, and itching for big time argument with sister herjihad on this issue, think again you are in for a surprise. There will be more votes with her than with you. So better behave

I meant 'we' as Muslims. My post was to Angel who is a non-muslim.

Irrespective of what we believe our values are, we should not decide on our values just to please the non-muslims. There can be differences amongst Muslims I accept (and I am not always right, I admit) but the differences had to be resolved irrespective of what the non-muslims tell us to do.

The rest of your post is irrelevant (its centred around me, really can't understand what happened to forum rule of 'no personal attacks').

This "we" represent Muslims of which hamlet and what country? Who died and left you in charge to speak for all Muslims. You can't even show your location and you like to represent Muslims opinion!  The attitude is appalling and sanctimonious which is in direct contradiction to Allah directed method of calling people to goodness:
 Q16:125>>Call unto the way of Lord with wisdom and fair exhortation, and reason with them in the better way.

Irrespective of what we believe our values are, we should not decide on our values just to please the non-muslims.

This is a moronic argument, ever wonder why George's call out of Islamofascism. It really doesn't matter what you say on the net debate cos I always considered it running of a Special Olympics. ISLAMIC VALUES ARE TIME CONSTANT LAID DOWN IN PERSPICUOUS QURAN, NEITHER YOU NOR ANYBODY AROUND YOU WHEREVER WILL GET TO  DECIDE SOMETHING ANEW IN DARK AND IN SECRET. ACTIONS SPEAK LOUDER THAN WORDS.
Your suggestion of pleasing the non Muslims, is preposterous and lame.
You just are NOT allowed to criticize, malign your neighbors in Islam. If you can not dawah the community for better by example you ought to  move out of there otherwise speak well or should keep quite.

There can be differences amongst Muslims I accept (and I am not always right, I admit) but the differences had to be resolved irrespective of what the non-muslims tell us to do.

There is no difference to resolve, it is a reactionary approach to spin by the thin skinned insecure so called Muslims. It is that simple. The shiekh got carried away with his not knowing his place in the scheme of things.
I don't know if you are in Australia but it begs a question--how 1.5% Muslim population of Australia can make an impact on the rest by being judgmental while in process losing the womens support?. Now sheikh is out his job for not following Quranic guidelines and embarrassing the fellow Muslims.
It is proverbial "Living in Rome and fighting with Pope" and then complain about the consequences.

The rest of your post is irrelevant

It was in response to your judgmental  opinions so think before you post.

Edited by Sign*Reader
Kismet Domino: Faith/Courage/Liberty/Abundance/Selfishness/Immorality/Apathy/Bondage or extinction.
Sign*Reader View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sign*Reader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2006 at 8:41pm
Originally posted by herjihad herjihad wrote:

Salaams and Bismillah,

Some guys will never understand the evil that they do to women.  Jazzak Allah Khayr to Brother Sign*Reader again.  I take what the sheikh and people here who don't understand this issue at all, personally.

Salaamoalaikum
Thanks Sister for your kindness; I felt it necessary to put my 2 cents against the  charade on this thread. I am not surprised about this  judgemental and mysaginistic attitude, it is nothing but a ghetto mentality rather than solidly Quran & Sunnah based thinking. IMHO the colonial baggage is hindering the reconstruction of Islamic thought and evolutionary process necessary to develop the proper Momin  personalities.
Kismet Domino: Faith/Courage/Liberty/Abundance/Selfishness/Immorality/Apathy/Bondage or extinction.
Angel View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 November 2006 at 2:14pm

Okay, I admit I used harsh language. That is because I don't like Angel's attitude here.

Really that is no excuse.

You don't like my attitude here, well I did not like yours and I believe they were more than harsh. I responded to you (as with herjihad) because your remarks about women, not just to non muslims BUT also to muslim women were ignorant and unacceptable/insulting. The issue as i have stated before there are many muslims who disagree with you, And with topic a lot of muslims here in Australia have done the most outcry and asked for this cleric to resign. The muslims in the state of Victoria actually don't listen to the cleric. The sheikh of England who is here visiting believes he needs to step down.

I tried to present to you and others what is happening in Australia about and within the muslim ummah and what muslims are saying.

I know the media can get carried away and not be fair at times but here the media has shown both sides from the muslim community both with those who are with the shiekh and those who disagree, both sides have come on camera on the news - don't you think that is good?

Quote This is an Islamic forum. I don't like non-muslims to question Islam or Muslims here. I don't think that is unfair because no one is preventing non-muslims from doing that in their own forum or some other forum of their choice.

Now about all this just above, I have presented my views on this in comments and complaints section but will say again for you Candid. Tell me, how are non muslims suppose to learn about islam and muslims? You never learn just by listening/reading, you need to get into discussions to furthur your learning and most of all understanding and guess a lot of times its also from ordinary and everyday interacting with others. If you don't question, then you might just get wrong learning and understanding. My biggest learning has been from talking/discussing and questioning! I believe it is incorrect not to discuss! I will always question things. AND this forum is for ALL to come here. About the insults, muslims can be insulting to at times, at times i see it as worst than from the non muslims.

~ Our feet are earthbound, but our hearts and our minds have wings ~
Angel View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 November 2006 at 2:27pm

His first mistake was that he did not anticipate the reaction of what he said.

Perhaps.

But for someone who has been here for 28 years and has been in a highest position in the islamic community here since the 80's would have known the reaction. 

Quote His second mistake was that he apologised.

Why was it a mistake

~ Our feet are earthbound, but our hearts and our minds have wings ~
candid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote candid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 November 2006 at 9:20pm

Originally posted by Angel Angel wrote:

Oh, Candid, get lost.  Nobody here agrees with what you said. 

And I don't care, what you think. If you agree with me good for you. Otherwise, its your problem.

BTW, if no one disagrees with what the other says, then perhaps we don't need a discussion forum.

wow  your attitude is really something  

You should care Candid but i guess you don't, I guess you don't care what kind of projection you put onto islam and muslims, you want people to know what islam is, well i hope they do not learn from you. 

Really?? Well, there are certain values which we cannot compromise upon irrespective of what you think of us. I think Muslim should stop caring about what others say and do what they think is right. If we need to make changes we should do it independently of what others tell us to do. No amount of a  appeasement or compromises can satisfy the non-muslims until we foresake our religion.

What certain values ? be more specific--we(who R we) you are talking about? If you are speaking for a group you need to say which one, so your authority is weighted & recognized accordingly. If you are speaking for yourself, and itching for big time argument with sister herjihad on this issue, think again you are in for a surprise. There will be more votes with her than with you. So better behave

I meant 'we' as Muslims. My post was to Angel who is a non-muslim.

Irrespective of what we believe our values are, we should not decide on our values just to please the non-muslims. There can be differences amongst Muslims I accept (and I am not always right, I admit) but the differences had to be resolved irrespective of what the non-muslims tell us to do.

The rest of your post is irrelevant (its centred around me, really can't understand what happened to forum rule of 'no personal attacks').

This "we" represent Muslims of which hamlet and what country? Who died and left you in charge to speak for all Muslims. You can't even show your location and you like to represent Muslims opinion!  The attitude is appalling and sanctimonious which is in direct contradiction to Allah directed method of calling people to goodness:
 Q16:125>>Call unto the way of Lord with wisdom and fair exhortation, and reason with them in the better way.

I am a Muslim, I have stake here, I have the right to propose what I think is right for the Muslims as a whole. Nothing in what I wrote, suggested that I want to enforce my views over the all of the Muslims. It was a suggestion. Other Muslims can follow it or not.  BTW, I am from India. You want my address too? If its really that important for you.

Irrespective of what we believe our values are, we should not decide on our values just to please the non-muslims.

This is a moronic argument, ever wonder why George's call out of Islamofascism. It really doesn't matter what you say on the net debate cos I always considered it running of a Special Olympics.

That betrays your obsequity to your non-muslim masters. Blame the victim for the oppression.

Quote ISLAMIC VALUES ARE TIME CONSTANT LAID DOWN IN PERSPICUOUS QURAN, NEITHER YOU NOR ANYBODY AROUND YOU WHEREVER WILL GET TO  DECIDE SOMETHING ANEW IN DARK AND IN SECRET. ACTIONS SPEAK LOUDER THAN WORDS.

That's what everyone says. But clearly there are major differences amongst Muslims and those have to be resolved. It should not be done just to conform to what the non-muslims tell us to do.

You just are NOT allowed to criticize, malign your neighbors in Islam. If you can not dawah the community for better by example you ought to  move out of there otherwise speak well or should keep quite.

There can be differences amongst Muslims I accept (and I am not always right, I admit) but the differences had to be resolved irrespective of what the non-muslims tell us to do.

Before you lecture me about dawah, it will be better you understand that dawah does not mean entertaining or charming the non-muslims through flattery for personal benefits.

There is no difference to resolve, it is a reactionary approach to spin by the thin skinned insecure so called Muslims. It is that simple. The shiekh got carried away with his not knowing his place in the scheme of things.
I don't know if you are in Australia but it begs a question--how 1.5% Muslim population of Australia can make an impact on the rest by being judgmental while in process losing the womens support?. Now sheikh is out his job for not following Quranic guidelines and embarrassing the fellow Muslims.

I am not in Australia. The Sheikh's mistake was in not anticipating the reaction to what he said. But what he said was not wrong. I was wrong in saying 'I bet they liked it', and that was because I don't like non-muslims to whine in this forum, I wanted to tell them that I ignore them. However, other Muslims also took offence to that.

Quote It is proverbial "Living in Rome and fighting with Pope" and then complain about the consequences.

When in pigsty, you want to live as the pigs do? Go ahead, its your choice.

The rest of your post is irrelevant

It was in response to your judgmental  opinions so think before you post.

To rephrase, your obsession with me is irrelevant to this discussion. You agree with me or not, stick to the issue. If you want to discuss about me start a new thread.

Edited by candid
proud ozy View Drop Down
Starter
Starter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote proud ozy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 March 2007 at 8:18am

how dare anyone dictate the rights of one country when they are in fact a "visitor" to that country and expect that country to change especially when that country has welcomed one by way of immigration status; with pockets of righterous people actually breaking the laws by wanting to live the way they do in there own country. If any one person doesn't like the ways in which they live then change your surroundings, country or way of life! A good example of this is when "outsiders" as described by some, visit countries that have strict cultural requirments that have to be abided by all, other wise you are simply not allowed entry or forced to abide by the laws of that country.

I am discusted in comments posted in the form of "western girls deserve to be raped" that is a threatening statement that is not welcomed in any religion or race!!! 

Administrator- such statements should have been deleted according to your rules & regs as they are immorale and threatening!!

proud ozy View Drop Down
Starter
Starter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote proud ozy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 March 2007 at 8:25am

Okay, I admit I used harsh language. That is because I don't like Angel's attitude here. This is an Islamic forum. I don't like non-muslims to question Islam or Muslims here. I don't think that is unfair because no one is preventing non-muslims from doing that in their own forum or some other forum of their choice. Muslims come here to discuss their religious issues. Muslims don't come here to be insulted or provoked. Non-Muslims are welcome here if they come here to learn about Islam or meaningfully discuss about Islamic issues as Duende and Angela do.

That does not mean that they have to agree to everything what Muslims say; but, atleast they can be silent if they can't help provoking or insulting us. If they disagree with us they should not insult us.

Do we not live in a free world to preech what we believe in?? I thought that is what this forum is about?

As mentioned above to discuss issues & talking points & not to express threatening words or statements to another!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic